Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Please Can Someone Help Me Out? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Can Someone Help Me Out? (965 Views)

Someone Help Me With Info On How to Check if a car is not stolen / Someone Help (car Issues) / Someone Help! My Car Has Electrical Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Someone Help Me Out? by Phedam: 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello guys,
I use a 2007 model VW jetta.
I just noticed some days back that while accelerating, my car suddenly jerks violently.
Let me explain better, If the car is at, say 40km/hr and I start accelerating,
when it gets to like 60 it stops increasing speed and starts jerking violently,
if I take my leg a bit away from the pedal and move at constant speed (60km/hr) for about 30 seconds
and then accelerate again it will respond to the acceleration until I get to like 80km/hr and it jerks AGAIN and make a loud sound (GBI) .
and the same cycle occurs at 100km/hr.

Please is there anybody with an idea of what can be going wrong with the car.
Responses will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Please Can Someone Help Me Out? by Billiebaba(m): 10:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
Get the car scanned first. I guess it has issues engaging gears. Has it been worked on before.
Re: Please Can Someone Help Me Out? by Phedam: 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
Thank you my brother.
I can't really say cos I bought it from someone and the person is not within the country now.

(1) (Reply)

Car Scanning Device / What's The Logistics Of Getting A Tesla Car To Nigeria? / Acura 2005 Tl For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.