Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud (30809 Views)

Former Governor Idris Wada Pays Solidarity Visit To Dino Melaye / Kogi Primaries: Idris Wada Caught Sharing 'Dollars' - Politics Nigeria (Photos) / Kwankwaso, Adeleke, Idris Wada, Visit Dino Melaye Over Death Of Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by freethesheeple(m): 7:35am On Jan 26, 2020
Islie:

• EFCC probes Wada, Ayeni, AVM Atawodi over arms deal

• Funds traced to foreign car dealership, offshore accounts

https://thenationonlineng.net/governor-7-othes-in-trouble-over-alleged-n6-5bn-fraud/

God make a way for me to thief my own money....
If i get caught of stealing 10million and i pay 6 million keeping 4 million is that not a cool biz?
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by boxypane(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2020
See cash and Balance. These guys have really hurt this country fa.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by boxypane(m): 7:40am On Jan 26, 2020
freethesheeple:

God make a way for me to thief my own money....
If i get caught of stealing 10million and i pay 6 million keeping 4 million is that not a cool biz?
You will now use the remaining 4m to pay SANS.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by Jabioro: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2020
Those who conglomerate this country called Nigeria has not done well..and those who further strength the conglomeration had continue to wallow it into bad shaped...
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by Cmeo(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2020
The gov indicted sounds like the IMO State governor
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by otokx(m): 7:46am On Jan 26, 2020
There is money in Nigeria, don't let anybody tell you other wise cool
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by wink2015(m): 7:52am On Jan 26, 2020
infini771:
It is either Nigeria is restructured or it will be looted into extinction. Restructuring is the only antidote to corruption. Switzerland is not this corrupt

The northern political leadership are against restructuring.

They do not want to face Agriculture.

Whether they like it or not Agriculture is the only way out.

I doubt if there is solid mineral in commercial quantity.

These have equally been stolen by way of illegal mining which some states turned blind eyes to while they were milking the Niger delta region.

Recently CBN advised the federal government not to send all the oil money as allocation to states.

The Apex bank advised the federal government to stop sharing all oil revenue but rather save some to build fiscal buffers especially at the face of the uncertainties in the global oil market.

Governors at the state level are stealing the allocation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by m4goodlife: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2020
Simplyleo:
6.5 b.

This no be small money o.

I sometimes imagine how 1billion in 1000 denomination looks like. As in e go fill up a moderate sized room from the floor to ceiling.

Yes.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by executive12: 7:57am On Jan 26, 2020
GOFRONT:
Chaiii.....Na waoo..

AVM is also corrupt......A military man fa.

No wonder he was the only Governorship aspirant that used Helicopter for his campaign.

Oma307, Comman hear wetin dey sup for ya state...

So you have been thinking that military men are not corrupt Wow! Have you ever heard of Abacha, Babangida, Dasuki, etc?
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by ChoCho54(f): 7:57am On Jan 26, 2020
post=86113250:
As ever , Good one from EFCC.

A good and better Nigeria is all we want.

STEALING is now corruption in our nation.
No more impunity like before.
Any politician that stole from the masses must b3 adequately dealt with and jailed.

We must move forward together as a nation.

God bless Nigeria.
Also tell ercc to act on yesterday's exposure in the defence ministry.

The forum took a fresh breath since your two days self ban.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by luluosas(m): 7:58am On Jan 26, 2020
To hell with immunity clause. It's a clause for corruption empowerment
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by executive12: 7:59am On Jan 26, 2020
So the so called serving Governor has immunity from his name being mentioned? Nonsense.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by Realist5: 7:59am On Jan 26, 2020
It is well.
Northeastern:

The governor is Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State. He was a house of rep member from 2003 to 2015 and was chairman, house committee on marine transport for 8 years.

The unfortunate thing about this story is AVM Atawodi, the guy is from Idah, a LG in kogi State without a good access road. Add that to the poverty in that state and go figure.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by AreaFada2: 8:01am On Jan 26, 2020
nairalee:
They'll subtly sweep even this under the carpet
The more money you embezzled, the less problem you have. Because you will have more than enough hidden in offshore accounts to bribe your way out of any mess later.

That no death sentence is prescribed for corruption means our politicians are just toying with us.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by executive12: 8:01am On Jan 26, 2020
There is hardly a rich Nigerian that made his or her money legitimately, without stealing (from Government) or other crimes.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by m4goodlife: 8:03am On Jan 26, 2020
Nothing like inflated budget.

Quotations were submitted and the client decided on who and who to award the contract to.

Whether the contract budget was inflated or not the client is sane enough to still approve my quotation. Then you call it fraud, when I didn't approve and award the contract to myself. Is like accusing a bus conductor for fraud for charging you N1000 to Lekki from Obalende, when bus plenty for Obalende that are willing to take less that price.

I really do not see any case against the governor here. They'd better look for other things to tie him to this fraud else, He will smoothly scale through all trials on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by HEEBRAHIIM(m): 8:05am On Jan 26, 2020
This country no got good again, I swear.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by Handsomecole(m): 8:06am On Jan 26, 2020
I was about to be carried away not until I saw the source which is the nation newspapers. Is it not this same Junk media that published fake news on Dino Melaye buying a new house ??

Unfortunately, most readers are not well orientated on the politics behind this usless newspaper called the nation.

They promote the activities of the EFCC Magu to please the presidency to hasten his confirmation and his continued stay in office, while also soft pedalling in the prosecution of Tinubu the owner the newspaper.

Usless people .
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by fauda49(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2020
Cmeo:
The gov indicted sounds like the IMO State governor

Kiddo. You are very smart.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2020
The govenor is either uzodinma or bala Mohammed of bauchi state
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by executive12: 8:11am On Jan 26, 2020
Realist5:
The former Governor sounds to be Tambuwal.

Meanwhile, as we are reading these atrocities committed in years back, I believe we will also be reading some related stories about this administration in some years to come.

This is Nigeria, a country where we have recycled thieves as leaders.

And he wants to be President?
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by cuteluks(f): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2020
I need an upwork review from a US account.

DM me if you are interested.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by Iretee: 8:22am On Jan 26, 2020
CAN THEY BE HANG OR SENTENCE TO LIFE IN PRISON WITH HARD LABOR?....r is rubbish as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by GMbuharii: 8:35am On Jan 26, 2020
Idris wada.... Sure, coneheaded structures will have nothing to say....as long it's their masters

grin grin

Happy Sunday, lzaa immhotep cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by Liposure: 8:51am On Jan 26, 2020
Everyday 4 d thieves, one day 4 EFCC
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by bluecircle470: 8:59am On Jan 26, 2020
slivertongue:
story!! name the governor or keep this fairy tale to your zombies. regime of liars and blackmailers

You Mumu small, until dem go finish your future that’s if you still have
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by bluefilm: 9:13am On Jan 26, 2020
The Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption squad doing what they do best.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by JoseRaji(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2020
"a serving governor", "the serving governor"... "A serving governor"

Rubbish clickbait. All that is in this long post has already been said in the topic. If you can't give real news, go and be reading newspapers until you learn.
Re: Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud by RunThins: 9:31am On Jan 26, 2020
m4goodlife:
Nothing like inflated budget.

Quotations were submitted and the client decided on who and who to award the contract to.

Whether the contract budget was inflated or not the client is sane enough to still approve my quotation. Then you call it fraud, when I didn't approve and award the contract to myself. Is like accusing a bus conductor for fraud for charging you N1000 to Lekki from Obalende, when bus plenty for Obalende that are willing to take less that price.

I really do not see any case against the governor here. They'd better look for other things to tie him to this fraud else, He will smoothly scale through all trials on this.

Yes there is such a thing and it's actually more prevalent than you'd think. And did you read the part about Aeroconsult kickbacks to shell companies owned by the AVM? From criminal conspiracy to defraud the government to money laundering charges, I am sure there are maybe 3-5 different charges that could be brought against Aeroconsult and Capt. Wada on the dealings of this contract alone. Probably the reason why he's a cooperating witness.

And also, that bus conductor analogy you used is also a crime--I think they call that price gouging! It's even more so if it turned out that the bus conductor connived with the garage manager, and the garage manager only chooses to make available to the people the bus with the inflated fare, that also happens to send him kickback from the inflated fares.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Bello El-Rufai Calls A Lady "Bleaching Queen And Prostitute" In Fiery Exchange / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.