Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? (1356 Views)

Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? / Is Marriage For Me? / So This Is Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ExBachelor: 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hi all, I came across this comment online and I must agree, the comment is true.

’When are we going to accept that the era of marriage have passed? 2 cannot become 1, do not deceive yourself. Women have constantly evolved over the years. Men are not ready to evolve. It can’t work’

How true is this? Opinions needed please

Lalasticlala what do u have to say?

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by money121(m): 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2020
No
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ExBachelor: 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
money121:
No
No what?
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by dimexy247(m): 12:49pm On Jan 26, 2020
Overrated
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by Officialgarri: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
You thought Devil was joking with God when he planned to lead Gods creation to destruction?

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ouzo1(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
see marriage and wedding na two different things.
most of u prepare for weddings not marriage,marriage takes alot to work.
u need to be ready mentally and emotionally but these days na weak ass Men dey everywhere and whining Women.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by We4all: 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2020
Couples should learn how to start seeing marriage as a contract. Draw out a plan, state your likes and dislikes, discuss about raising kids and how they will be raised. Learn how to reach a compromise, split roles and responsibilities. Every year, learn to review the contract and if it is worth renewing, then go ahead and do it.

The problem most couples have is that, they just jump right into marriage without having any form of major discussions. Then they begin to live by assumptions. While the wife assumes that the husband should be responsible for the financial upkeep of the home, the husband assumes that all the wife needs is to be a stay at home mom and raise kids.

Then the disagreement sets in and before you know, everything hits rock bottom. And the Lamentations begins: "Oh! Had I know".

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by LadySwitz: 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
What's with the red blood stains on the pic? What are u hiding.

Marriage can never go extinct. A union instituted by God can never. Just say the devil is working tirelessly to bring problems in a union.

5 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ExBachelor: 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2020
We4all:
Couples should learn how to start seeing marriage as a contract. Draw out a plan, state your likes and dislikes, discuss about raising kids and how they will be raised. Learn how to reach a compromise, split roles and responsibilities. Every year, learn to review the contract and if it is worth renewing, then go ahead and do it.

The problem most couples have is that, they just jump right into marriage without having any form of major discussions. Then they begin to live by assumptions. While the wife assumes that the husband should be responsible for the financial upkeep of the home, the husband assumes that all the wife needs is to be a stay at home mom and raise kids.

Then the disagreement sets in and before you know, everything hits rock bottom. And the Lamentations begins: "Oh! Had I know".

I agree with you. I will slightly bend. These signs of incompatibility are always there. But we do make mistake of believing ‘PEOPLE CHANGE’ and with time, they will change. It’s very wrong, PEOPLE DO NOT CHANGE
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ExBachelor: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
LadySwitz:
What's with the red blood stains on the pic? What are u hiding.

Marriage can never go extinct. A union instituted by God can never. Just say the devil is working tirelessly to bring problems in a union.
Are you not bothered by the rate at which marriages crash these days?
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by LadySwitz: 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
ExBachelor:
Are you not bothered by the rate at which marriages crash these days?

A bit bothered...but we still have marriages standing the test of time. You won't know cos they don't put their shit on the internet for the whole world to delve into.

You are using celebrity marriages as a yardstick to ascertain dwindling marriages.

8 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ExBachelor: 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2020
LadySwitz:

A bit bothered...but we still have marriages standing the test of time. You won't know cos they don't put their shit on the internet for the whole world to delve into.

You are using celebrity marriages as a yardstick to ascertain dwindling marriages.
Celebrities are part of the society.
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by Mstick: 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2020
Yes she’s 100 percent right. Women are evolving constantly and bettering themselves meanwhile men prefer to be stuck in the stone ages.

We’ve seen threads on nairaland, heck I just left one now where the posters agree that men can cheat but women cant, in other words women are the only ones that can feel the emotional pains of being cheated on but the ones causing the pains should be pampered.

Marriage is not business a usual because more and more women are getting exposed,educated and financially stable which is pretty much the only thing men really can offer that’s why you see them always talking about which woman ate their money and who didn’t.

Over 70% of divorce are filed by women what does that tell you?!

12 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by cooooooks(m): 1:30pm On Jan 26, 2020
What's with the idea that "men don't want to change".

See, people have to decide to be married. After that, they have to individually not take their partner for granted.

It's very easy to do so. They have to consciously refuse to do so. No be beans.
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by JeffreyD1(m): 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
That's your comment OP
Don't say you came across it

Back to topic

What is the meaning of men don't want to change

She's a feminist

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by Dreyl(m): 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
I think baby mamarism has taken over, in the US you get to see alot of women giving birth without getting married.
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2020
I agree that most men have refused to evolve.

Women have evolved so much... they are now educated, have ambitions, have now realised that they are deserving of respect, that they can and should be heard...

But some of the ways in which women have evolved are not all positive ways. There's a growing faction of feminists that is simply misandry in disguise... there's a category of women who have become so full of pride and can no longer be submissive to a husband's authority...another category who are "woke" in a strange way... they want to compete with men in promiscuity... they say they are sexually expressive...

But you see men have remained the same way. And for some men, they've become a problem because they've refused to make the necessary adjustments... to realise that women in this century can not be as women in the last century were.

Be that as it may... marriage can never go into extinction. Just find a person who's right for you... someone you can accomodate happily without losing yourself in the process.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ExBachelor: 1:45pm On Jan 26, 2020
JeffreyD1:
That's your comment OP
Don't say you came across it

Back to topic

What is the meaning of men don't want to change

She's a feminist
Men don’t want to change because we still believe in the old ways of women being 100% submissive to their husbands and responsible for holding the house/family while the men just goes out and does whatever they want
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by JeffreyD1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2020
ExBachelor:
Men don’t want to change because we still believe in the old ways of women being 100% submissive to their husbands and responsible for holding the house/family while the men just goes out and does whatever they want

They don't go out and do whatever they want
They go out and work and bring money home
They work to feed the woman
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ststyreal(f): 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
LadySwitz:

God bless you real good! You took the words straight out from my heart.. The gate of hell shall not prevail over marriages in Nigeria in Jesus name amen!
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by Keiris: 2:29pm On Jan 26, 2020
No, it is not. The views of and attitudes toward marriage are evolving.
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by Greatzeus(m): 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
Dr Sid's account balance has depleted over the years as a result of draught of good songs in his career. Could this be a reason why the marriage is heading for the rock?
I noticed that Artists who are married before fame always pull through any challenges,but those who got married after making millions from their one hit always crash. They probably married the wrong person who married them for their money and fame. Ladies who wouldn't look at them twice not to talk of dating them if they were still struggling.

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by Professorcplus(m): 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2020
True! Women are evolving. They are now in the era of baby mamas.
smiley

Spit

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by cococandy(f): 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
If you use shame and fear to hold a marriage together, by the time the ashamed and frightened party learns to not be afraid or ashamed anymore, there’s nothing left to hold it together. Many marriages are holding because one partner or the other is afraid of speaking up. One person will be shamed and blamed for everything that goes wrong in the marriage.

So in order not to bring all negativity to themselves, they stay and bear it. But being together doesn’t always means being happy. so, for those of you worried about the number of divorces happening now, have you considered that maybe they are happier now?

What we should have been working on as a society is to promote love. Funny thing though. People don’t even want to see others have love in their lives. They mock and belittle it. Yet they are somehow “shocked” when two people can’t live together forever.

Y’alls gotta choose your battles. Are you the proverbial village people? Don’t want to see folks happy together. Don’t want to see them breakup.

6 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by bukatyne(f): 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
We4all:

@bold: Your head is there.

Marriage is not a contract: it is a covenant that needs constant evaluation.

Humans are dynamic so both parties need to keep up with constant, honest communication and acting on feedbacks.
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
ouzo1:
u need to be ready mentally and emotionally
but these days na weak ass Men dey everywhere and whining Women.

@bold:

Very true.
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by bukatyne(f): 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2020
While I agree that women are evolving, the onus lies on the woman to pick a man who suits her evolution.
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by ExBachelor: 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by eazzzy1(m): 7:47am On Jan 28, 2020
The marriages of today has left their original blue print. Marriage built on the wrong foundation can’t stand.

Marriage lasted in the past because women depended on men in the family unit. If you want a long lasting marriage, marry a dependent woman period.

Women like to claim evolvement, but not all evolution are positive. In the past people killed people with spears, today there are chemical weapons that can wipe out a whole country with the push of a button. That’s evolution but is such evolution positive?

You can’t change a working formulae and expect things to work the same. It’s Eves evolution that got us to where we are today. The lust to change what is, to change the status quo is the biggest problem of a woman not a blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by eazzzy1(m): 8:22am On Jan 28, 2020
ouzo1:
u need to be ready mentally and emotionally but these days na weak ass Men dey everywhere and whining Women.

You can never be prepared enough for marriage. Are you going to prepare for the loss of a child? Loss of income? Are you going to prepare for your wife’s family issues? Prepare for a wayward child? Anything can change the course of a marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Gradually Going Into Extinction? by 24kmagic: 8:22am On Jan 28, 2020
I honestly don't care if it goes extinct or not.

Of course at some point I will marry, but that's just because I don't want to give birth to bastards.

I can't guarantee anything once I have my required number of children.

I personally have a problem sharing a room with another human being, not to talk of a woman.

No guarantees after having kids

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Continue To Bear This? When Will This Thing Stop? / Nigeria Is Too Noisy; How To Deal With Lousy Christian Neighbour / Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.