Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,717 members, 7,813,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? (64150 Views)

Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend / Your Encounter With A Stingy Partner? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Greyman11(m): 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
MYHUBBY:
Op, na dem run o

i want to believe this is what my mom went through in that man hands. he go change, he go change na em make her suffered in her marriage till date

I'm not Rich now but I still do little for my babe and she recognized it, knowing that I will do more when I get close or get to the peak
This life eh, don't start what you cannot finish.
I commend the girl for throwing out some lines that really shows to an extent, she is telling the truth.
But there is this truth about life and principle, that if it is applied here, the guy has not been proven to be a stingy guy.
1. Try having a business man or a banker as a brother and a friend, you will learn a lot about budget and financial discipline.
I have somebody that lives on budget even though he works in an oil and gas company, he spends on request of necessity and humans need that once in a while if not, you will make money and can't account for it. Let her tell us of special days and events and how they spend it. Let her tell us of what happens when she visits the guy, does he end up starving her? Let her tell us of financial requests she has made to the guy and let know his reaction to it. Because from the way she sounds this she is working and doesn't need a guy's money, I am sure she must have mentioned it to the guy that it is only love and fidelity she wants from the relationship and a business man will take those words and build his life on that, so she should try telling the guy she also wants gifts and stuff, some men are just made that way.
2. There is a thick line between asking for money and borrowing money. When I want to give my babe money, I give her money and stuff she needs that is within my means but whenever she borrows money from me, she is sure she will pay me back or don't borrow again, I don't want tomorrow I marry a lady and she borrows money from me to run a business and maybe from my child support account or business account I give her and next thing she spends it unwisely, she will know me Wella by then. So I do it now so that I don't get to have issues with whomever I settle down with. Financial discipline is not stinginess, men like that hardly go back to square one, so my advice to that OP is to check her age, calm down and study this difference and make her decision.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by NoraPibowei(f): 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
Freelane33:
Do you have a bf?
Yes,why do u ask?
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by NoraPibowei(f): 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

FIXED
U can think whatever u want,have never dated a fair guy am into dark skin men those are my taste.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by oazeez1991(m): 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Funny enough, d guy in question av also commented. Biko, no one shud ask me 4 his moniker o Funny enough, d guy in question av also commented. Biko, no one shud ask me 4 his moniker o..lol!

In oda news, communication is key. Wen ur partner is doin smtin u don't like, u trash it out wif him/her nd not kip it 2 urself or seek 3rd parties intervention. Evri relationship is unique. So, don't weigh urs based on wat u hear or see 4rm odaz. D grass is not olwez greener at d older side.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Mypeople2(m): 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
Pls help me move this to front page.

I am a working class lady and I hardly demand things from whosoever I love.

There is this guy that I ave been dating for years now. I don’t know what to call his behavior, whether it is stinginess or the other way round.

I noticed that whenever he comes visiting, he doesn’t bring anything and I get to cook and takecare of him. I was forced to talk 1 day.

The last time he came visiting, he brought bread and other stuffs along which he ended up eating all by himself. I decided not to cook or do anything but I couldn't take it so we went out to buy stuffs. I needed to use POS and I forgot my phone at home. So I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him when we get home. We ended up using the money to get chicken, pepper and other stuffs.

On getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise, he gave me and I transferred the money.

My major concern is that this guy has never given me common N10 and he is working. I don’t know if he's worth settling down with cos I fear for my future. Will he be able to give if he has more? This is the guy that is already telling me to come meet his mum cos she wants to see me.

Pls no insults, just advice.
Babe, the guy get another babe .You better go look for another guy .You are on self isolation dating

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Evercurious(f): 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

That is what you should rather be doing instead of jumping into conclusions. cheesy

Oga A STINGY MAN OS A STINGY MAN. Nothing like jumping into conclusion here..

I jump your type pass cos it's obvious you are one..

Pls spare me your latest epistle of how you take care of your lady. Okay?
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by olamariamjonez(m): 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
You ve to let the guy know/understand what you observed cos he might not see it the way you saw it.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Lalas247(f): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
donstan18:

See this one oooo...grin grin grin

So because he was bold enough to take his money back as agreed without any atom of shame, you are pissed?

Why were you surprised he took it back?

Was that not your agreement with him?

What a bold man he is, if men can be that bold to you women, we won't have much complaints from men.

Nonesense and POS.
Lol I laugh in calabar
If tables was turned she wont even give the money ... but she expects him to say forget about it

Shioor that girl must be working part time grin let me not judge at least she claims she works

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Lalas247(f): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2020
eni4real:
Are they married??
Why should he be playing a husband or Fatherly role now??
Even if they are married ... if hubby ask to lend him money best believe it's fucking loan .. I fit add interest seff angry ..
Money ain't free, maybe the guy op is talking about is just strict doesn't spend unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Sixfeetbelle: 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2020
AfroKnight:

Airhead.

There is nothing wrong with a woman being responsible for her own bills. Is she a beggar? No. Then let her be responsible.

This babe is stingy, herself and the sad thing is she feels entitled to a man’s money. Where is her dignity? Where is YOUR dignity? Perhaps you mean to tell me that you cannot survive if a man doesn’t pay your bills? Don’t tell that is the case.

angry Head is not for wig alone. Use the brain inside that head abeg.

Why do you keep coming back to bills? There's no place she said he was paying her bills. Nobody is insisting the man to pay her bills. It's wrong sef. But the man in the story can't even buy #100 bread when he comes visiting as a welcoming gift. The one he managed to buy, he ate it all by himself. Check it nah

Even you as a visitor to your uncle's house will buy biscuit for your nephews and nieces out of your benevolence, not because their parents can't buy biscuit. But if you've never done sth like that in your life, then you too are stingy.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by olaniyilukman(m): 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
Orlaoluwayimika:

That is one of the problems with rlships fear of what would happen.

That was why I advised her to ve a heart to heart talk with him then watch him if he changes but if he doesn't, then the decision is her's if she would be able to cope.
Kudos to you bro... All the best
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by NEODON(m): 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
I intentionally fake stinginess to enable me weed out fake girls with fake love.
95% of girls failed the test but my current babe
passed and she is reaping her rewards bountifully.

I have my rules for spending on her though

1. I only give when it is necessary not when she wants
2. I give to reward her when she does something impressive.

For example, through her efforts, I got a contract that fetched me a huge sum of money and juicy business connections.
I rewarded her by sponsoring her master's program (not by giving her cash).
word on the marble sir
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
A stingy person (male or female) is not even worse than an unappreciative person.

I once sent 1k card to a lady here on NL. Till date, no thank u, no I received it. Just sad, vert sad.

I felt stupid because she didnt even ask me, I did it out of goodwill.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lalas247:

Even if they are married ... if hubby ask to lend him money best believe it's fucking loan .. I fit add interest seff angry ..
Money ain't free, maybe the guy op is talking about is just strict doesn't spend unnecessarily
Thank you for your maturity..

Op should learn from this!

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by temptnow: 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

There is this guy that I ave been dating for years now. I don’t know what to call his behavior, whether it is stinginess or the other way round.

I noticed that whenever he comes visiting, he doesn’t bring anything and I get to cook and takecare of him. I was forced to talk 1 day.

The last time he came visiting, he brought bread and other stuffs along which he ended up eating all by himself. I decided not to cook or do anything but I couldn't take it so we went out to buy stuffs. I needed to use POS and I forgot my phone at home. So I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him when we get home. We ended up using the money to get chicken, pepper and other stuffs.

On getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise, he gave me and I transferred the money.

My major concern is that this guy has never given me common N10 and he is working. I don’t know if he's worth settling down with cos I fear for my future. Will he be able to give if he has more? This is the guy that is already telling me to come meet his mum cos she wants to see me.

One word, RUN. My sister is suffering right now with this kind of stingy husband. Be ready to take care of school fees and feeding of you and the kids
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by AfroKnight: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Why do you keep coming back to bills? There's no place she said he was paying her bills. Nobody is insisting the man to pay her bills. It's wrong sef. But the man in the story can't even buy #100 bread when he comes visiting as a welcoming gift. The one he managed to buy, he ate it all by himself. Check it nah

Even you as a visitor to your uncle's house will buy biscuit for your nephews and nieces out of your benevolence, not because their parents can't buy biscuit. But if you've never done sth like that in your life, then you too are stingy.

But evidently she’s not any better. She actually expected him to forget to collect his money after she said she’d refund him. Why does she feel entitled? She should be ashamed.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Ortintin: 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
First Op how old are you.
2. On a scale of 1-10 rate ur beauty

My thought is that u are some1 well due for marriage and this ur guy knows he is doing u a favor by promising to marry u.
Besides if u are that pretty u won't even consider a stingy guy at all.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by chigoizie7(m): 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
0taPiaPia:

Did you read the story by the op ?

That one no concern me, I have said what I want to say, any other way you reason am, na you sabi
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by AngelJennifer: 1:37am On Apr 03, 2020
Uyi168:
No guy is stingy..
He's either broke, or..
U ain't worth spending on...
angry

What of a man that cant take care of his family, I mean his kids and wife, do you mean he sees his kids and wife as not worth spending on.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by 9jaRealist: 1:55am On Apr 03, 2020
How to cope with a 'stingy' boyfriend? MAKE YOUR MONEY!
>
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by oribi(m): 2:31am On Apr 03, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

u know the answer to your question, simply walk away. That's a toxic situation
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Saucekide25(m): 3:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Even if you have a well paying job he needs to be giving you monthly income to take care of your needs and he should at least buy you some wears or shoes when coming it's the responsibility of a man to do this things i love and respect a guy that spend on me and pamper me.......The truth is....i can never take a guy who don't spend on me serious and I'll block his every access to me.......I'm just saying my mind

Will you shut up that dirty mouth of yours

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Eddygre8(m): 4:02am On Apr 03, 2020
The proof of love is Giving
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Uyi168: 6:36am On Apr 03, 2020
AngelJennifer:

What of a man that cant take care of his family, I mean his kids and wife, do you mean he sees his kids and wife as not worth spending on.
Definitely broke..

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Princesscutes1(f): 8:40am On Apr 03, 2020
Freelane33:
Do you have a bf ?
yes of course
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Dkyz(m): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2020
Is he financially buoyant? Dont answer yes or no, see it from his perspective... Like is his father dead and he is the head of the family ot something like that...

If he's not, tell him

YOU'RE. NOT A MAN, SINCE YOY CAN NOT SATISFY OR MEET SOME OF MY NEEDs
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by AdonisT(f): 9:14am On Apr 03, 2020
[quote My boyfriend is more than stingy. He is selfish and greedy. He is a cheat and woman beater.

I confronted him for cheating on me and he beat me.
Am I really that worthless that he would hurt me like that?
Please what should i do?

author=mharyamikeola92 post=86130677]Pls help me move this to front page.

Pls no insults, just advice.[/quote]
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by AdonisT(f): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2020

My boyfriend cheats on me with over ten ladies.

Please what should i do?

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by johnad3(m): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2020
why ladies would be complaining that guys are greedy when they can't share their money with their man? It shows that they are looking for money in a relationship, that's what they are in a relationship for
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by johnad3(m): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2020
How do you know he cheats on you? You are not sounding convincing enough, you don't have appropriate backup

AdonisT:

My boyfriend cheats on me with over ten ladies.

Please what should i do?

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by jbaby4u: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

I ave my own job and a well paying job..I don’t need a man to b dere financially but is there a big deal in a man buying gifts for some1 he claims to love not necessarily money

Stop telling yourself that you don’t need a man to there for you financially. It’s good to be financially independent but trust me you definitely don’t want to be that all your life when you are married . True love is giving no matter how little.
For your information everyone needs that extra cash now or later .
Except you want to be sole financial power in your home .
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:34am On Apr 03, 2020
Evercurious:

Oga A STINGY MAN OS A STINGY MAN. Nothing like jumping into conclusion here..

I jump your type pass cos it's obvious you are one..

Pls spare me your latest epistle of how you take care of your lady. Okay?

No wonder the men you dated chose to spend on someone else while they were dating you.

They were stingy to you but generous to some other girls.

At least, you should realize that they were not really stingy, but they chose not to spend on you because of this attitude you have shown me.

Anyway, I don't have to prove anything to you. My intention remains to ensure that you don't use your own experience (which may have even be caused solely by you) to mislead someone else.

Giving advice here needs serious thought and consideration. You can't just tell someone that their boyfriend is spending on some other girl simply because you faced same in your own life.

Many homes have been broken due to poor advice given by emotional women like yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Married Man Dies During Sex Romp With A Widow In Enugu Hotel / How Men Greet People's Girlfriends Vs How Ladies Greet People's Boyfriends / Bolaji Alonge & Sandra Vermuyten Wed With 20 Keke Napeps Convoy (Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.