Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) (58565 Views)

Roofing Begins At The 17000-Seater Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom(Photos) / The Ultra Modern 17,000 Seater Eket Stadium Opens May 2019 / 15,000 Capacity Stadium Construction In Eket By Governor Udom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by spiritedtete: 9:06am On Jan 27, 2020
How many industries does akwa ibom owns...

what level is akwa ibom education and research development is, as at present?

How is akwa ibom doing with health care

In general what does akwa ibom hope to achieve with this stadium.. to host world cup?

We should have sense in this country oo

3 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nvc078: 9:07am On Jan 27, 2020
Sonnyboom:
If any igbo state build 1/3 of this or the link Bridge in Lagos or the new bridge Ganduje is building in Kano every other tribe must run away from Nigeria. Here is a world standard project going on a state in Nigeria without daily insult to Buhari or other Nigerians.

The pathetic developer from hell since 1999 till date can not boast of world standard project anywhere in Biafra land yet dem no gree make we hear word.
lol..foools everywhere. tell me a single Nigerian that has ever built a Fifa approved stadium in nigeria,if not Ifeanyi Uba?
https://cheeronnigeria..com/2015/11/top-10-fifa-standard-stadiums-in.html
.i know you have phobia to reading,i urge you to go through this

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Corrections: 9:07am On Jan 27, 2020
At what cost?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by FalonFeraa: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
Udom is just clueless
[/s]
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2020
Sonnyboom:
If any igbo state build 1/3 of this or the link Bridge in Lagos or the new bridge Ganduje is building in Kano every other tribe must run away from Nigeria. Here is a world standard project going on a state in Nigeria without daily insult to Buhari or other Nigerians.

The pathetic developer from hell since 1999 till date can not boast of world standard project anywhere in Biafra land yet dem no gree make we hear word.

How is this your problem?

2 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nvc078: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

Honestly, Igbo leaders are not being fair to their people. South East is the most underdeveloped region in this country. The whole south east cannot boast of a single standard stadium.
This is Eket, just a city in Akwa Ibom.
should i say, a foool is more sensible than you?
so building a mediocre stadium is a yardstick to measure development? did i hear you say SE is the least developed region in Nigeria?please tell me which cave you are living?

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by monichannel: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2020
Sonnyboom:

Damn!!!
Guy calm down before you get choked!
And you're typing this @ 12:51AM; Igbos must be giving you nightmares for sure.

Damn!!!

3 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Greenbuoy(m): 9:11am On Jan 27, 2020
N o n s e n s e

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2020
juvewalex:
Why this stadium when the state already has a wonderful stadium built by Akpabio in the same state.

It's a waste of resources as far as I'm concerned because they can't maintain them as one will suffer for one.

There are over 20 stadiums in London alone. Let them build rather than steal the money
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:

A white elephant project is an expensive project with no value and such is the one I'm seeing here. We have a stadium in Uyo which is not even completed. Why is the governor not completing that one and other projects started by the last administration? Eket does not need a stadium of this magnitude but something like the one in Ikot Ekpene.

At the end of the day, how would this project impact people's lives especially the Eket people? How many indigenes of Eket can work there? To do exactly what and to who? I think the governor should channel his energy toward projects that directly benefits the people, e.g., road construction and intervening in the abysmally poor power supply in the state.

How many young people would even use the stadium when hunger is bitting hard? Again, I don't think there's water in Uyo. What's building another stadium? What's Ibom Air? Looks good; sounds good, but without any value to the common man.
I wonder Bro! I served in Ik 2017 and I can relate . About Eket; one would think the governor would invest heavily in the beach or something else of heavy value in ROI. Alas this nigger be dumb! He probably wants to be like thesame apkabio he doesn’t like. Or perhaps laundering money through the construction...What do I know mbok?

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by obainojazz(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2020
Sonnyboom:

Anambra, Enugu and Owerri are more developed than states in the south west except Lagos.. You that have not left your father's house is talking
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Enwhen(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:

A white elephant project is an expensive project with no value and such is the one I'm seeing here. We have a stadium in Uyo which is not even completed. Why is the governor not completing that one and other projects started by the last administration? Eket does not need a stadium of this magnitude but something like the one in Ikot Ekpene.

At the end of the day, how would this project impact people's lives especially the Eket people? How many indigenes of Eket can work there? To do exactly what and to who? I think the governor should channel his energy toward projects that directly benefits the people, e.g., road construction and intervening in the abysmally poor power supply in the state.

How many young people would even use the stadium when hunger is bitting hard? Again, I don't think there's water in Uyo. What's building another stadium? What's Ibom Air? Looks good; sounds good, but without any value to the common man.

Ignorant is a disease....don't be too political

Do u know how much and biz activities a stadium can bring to a state ??.... Pls go find out the billions Delta State govt made from the African events that was hosted by the state, they already had the approved Oghara township stadium built by former govt James Ibori, where national matches were played approved by CAF, the Gov also went ahead to upgrade the Asaba township stadium to a world standards and help the state to win hosting right.... By the time this stadium is completed joined with the one Akpabio built in Uyo and with their Ibom air , the state is good to host any event , then the money used to built the two stadium will be gotten back, communities will make alot of money from sales to participators... The indigenes should also build hotels not far from both stadium... Delta State govt made billions of naira from the event they hosted and communities made alot of sales ...I remembered how Ahmed Musa gave a mother 250k during training in that stadium....we all know Akwa Ibom is the home of super eagles , they played friendly there, and international matches, and with this new one , wow it's the best, Gov Udom Na real biz man , he Sabi pass the Igbos self.

U need to be wise o, u are saying Power as if the Gov build any one it will benefit his people... For ur info, the Power generating act doesn't allow any state to generate power on their own, and if they does, the power will be send to the nearest grid for national consumption , then Govs Saraki Bukola , and Baba Fashola built same, but today it's being use by the federation because of the power generation act.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nackzy: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:
White elephant project undecided
You Sound like a Mad man, hope you know people that are Mad don't use to know they're Mad
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by na2016: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

Show me any state including Lagos that has 1700km of roads construction ongoing and some complete. That's what mr udom Emmanuel is doing.
Show me any state that has built transmission and distribution stations in their state.
Udom Emmanuel has built the ekim power station and several power step down stations across the state, and akwa ibom via its ibom power plant is the only state in the country that produces 191mw of electricity without any FG input.
FYI akwa ibom only needs about 50 to 80 mw of power. But for the FG exclusive list that takes Akwa ibom 191MW to national grid, Akwa ibom should be enjoying 24/7 power supply. The state has made enough investments to see it happen.

For whether the stadium is neccessary, is a matter of opinion. When Akpabio built the 30,000 uyo stadium many people shouted white elephants more than you are doing now but today they are the ones singing praises of the stadium.
That uyo stadium is the only fifa compliant stadium in Nigeria till today.
Time will vindicate the governor on the eket stadium. So you are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't make your opinion a fact.

Which Ibom power plant generates 191 Mw? Stop this propaganda now...

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 27, 2020
otipoju:

In a normal society,every local government ought to have a stadium .

Most secondary schools in the western world especially USA have their own stadiums, not to talk of Universities.

But Nigeria is not a normal society. Sports is big big business.

you compare Nigeria that lacks functional hospitals with USA.

basic amenities like good schools, fire services, emergency services, hospitals etc have to be in place before stadium in every local government. this is obviously a scam project because there's a similar structure in Uyo already.

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by ugom123: 9:20am On Jan 27, 2020
Sonnyboom:

u are simply pathetic! Must u drag igbos in everything? Ur hatred for these people is too much.

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Anambralstson: 9:27am On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

Honestly, Igbo leaders are not being fair to their people. South East is the most underdeveloped region in this country. The whole south east cannot boast of a single standard stadium.
Southwest is most undeveloped region in southern region , outside Lagos which is smallest state in landmass and develop by all , other western states are very backward and underdeveloped. I guess you are indomi generation you don't know the stadiums used by Fifa in junior world cup 1999.
Below is Enugu stadium

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nvc078: 9:27am On Jan 27, 2020
obainojazz:
Anambra, Enugu and Owerri are more developed than states in the south west except Lagos.. You that have not left your father's house is talking

and ofcourse, Lagos is a no-man's land
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by ugom123: 9:30am On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

the most underdeveloped region in this country? like seriously? where did u get ur statistics from? From where pls? I need to know..

U are truly funny. A region was razed down during war and never got a single help from any one and today, that region has one of the highest per capital income in the entire west africa and u are here saying rubbish. Northern Nigeria that has produced almost all the leaders of this country since independence, and yet still remains the poorest region in the entire world, u no see them shade, na igbos u see shade. what is the essence of stadium when the people are poor?

East has some good stadium that only needs face lift. They arent such a priority for now. Enugu stadium is okay and can compete with any stadium if given a face lift. The Enyiba stadium got renovated last year and in great looks. The one in Owerri is okay structure wise and can be renovated. So, why the insult given to the entire region? If una no see igbo insult una no go sleep?

What is the essence of beautiful stadium when the people are massively poor. Has igbo ever ruled this country as much as other regions did? There are policies from FG that are not business friendly to the eastern region for over 30 years, yet the people are not the poorest in the country. Enugu and Owerri are among the most peaceful and beautiful cities to live in Nigeria.

Go to Eboyi and see infrastructural development going on. I am still proud of my region even after the war, the policies etc, we are still not the poorest people in this country. The collective wealth of a region is important as well. North has ruled and controlled the affairs of this country for decades, yet they need money for rehabilitation. Nigerians will leave their major problem which is north and be attacking igbos up and down online.

3 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

Says someone that has never left his shithole in his village

Aba stadium of Eyimba fc is one of the most developed in the Nigerian professional football league

Same as the Ifeanyi Ubah stadium.
The Enugu stadium has hosted FIFA tournaments.
and many others

Show us a picture of a stadium built in the city slum you stay

2 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Godwin2am(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2020
juvewalex:
Why this stadium when the state already has a wonderful stadium built by Akpabio in the same state.

It's a waste of resources as far as I'm concerned because they can't maintain them as one will suffer for one.
can someone be enemy of a state like this?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by debbysure01(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2020
This project is good but it's not the best to the state at this time, if you ask me. There are better projects that will impact people directly.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Alexrayz(m): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:
White elephant project undecided

The problem is that most Nigerians are not use to d development in akwa ibom I for once was shocked wen I visited d state uyo eket and ikot these city are built like capital city among verious zone and they try as much as possible to make Dem independent guess that the only state where zoning work akpabio did magic in uyo go and see what udom is doing in eket I pray d next will be from ikot
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Ezmans: 9:42am On Jan 27, 2020
Sonnyboom:

so u have remove akwaibom from Biafra land idiot
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Realtalk20: 9:50am On Jan 27, 2020
Sonnyboom:

Why did you draw another tribe into this?

Moderators please this violates rule 2 Seun Mynd44 lala

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by zuto4u(m): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2020
U are very stupid and insecure. Go to Ebonyi state and see what is going on there. The only glass tunnel bridge in Nigeria and Africa as a whole is in Abakaliki Ebonyi state. Ebonyi now has the best road network in Nigeria, and is about to have the best health care center in Nigeria as well. Ebonyi now has the biggest fountain in Nigeria (and I think in Africa too). And I don't need to remind your dumb head that Ebonyi is among the states that receives lowest allocation from the federal government. I am from Imo state but I now envy Ebonyi state. And there are still multiple world class projects going on there, which include a gigantic shopping mall which will somehow look like Dubai mall, an international cargo airport and many others. At the end of the day, we are all Nigerians, so stop this your nonsensical behavior.
Sonnyboom:

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by zuto4u(m): 10:07am On Jan 27, 2020
Don't mind them bro. They keep attacking and we keep soaring. If nobody talks about u then you are a nobody, so it is an honour that they keep masturbating and talking about us all the time.
ugom123:

the most underdeveloped region in this country? like seriously? where did u get ur statistics from? From where pls? I need to know..

U are truly funny. A region was razed down during war and never got a single help from any one and today, that region has one of the highest per capital income in the entire west africa and u are here saying rubbish. Northern Nigeria that has produced almost all the leaders of this country since independence, and yet still remains the poorest region in the entire world, u no see them shade, na igbos u see shade. what is the essence of stadium when the people are poor?

East has some good stadium that only needs face lift. They arent such a priority for now. Enugu stadium is okay and can compete with any stadium if given a face lift. The Enyiba stadium got renovated last year and in great looks. The one in Owerri is okay structure wise and can be renovated. So, why the insult given to the entire region? If una no see igbo insult una no go sleep?

What is the essence of beautiful stadium when the people are massively poor. Has igbo ever ruled this country as much as other regions did? There are policies from FG that are not business friendly to the eastern region for over 30 years, yet the people are not the poorest in the country. Enugu and Owerri are among the most peaceful and beautiful cities to live in Nigeria.

Go to Eboyi and see infrastructural development going on. I am still proud of my region even after the war, the policies etc, we are still not the poorest people in this country. The collective wealth of a region is important as well. North has ruled and controlled the affairs of this country for decades, yet they need money for rehabilitation. Nigerians will leave their major problem which is north and be attacking igbos up and down online.

2 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by DimIsaac10(m): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2020
Mtcheew.. In a civil service state ...
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by delunj(m): 10:28am On Jan 27, 2020
Sonnyboom:

They boast about a lot actually... like building houses both in your state and their villages at the same time, like surviving 3 years civil war against Nigeria with its western help and dragging best states with you and people who fought them. like becoming individually dependent more than any other tribe in Nigeria both home and abroad. like building most of the finest houses and estates in your so called Lagos (former capital of Nigeria) by so doing, buying all your lands and omonile fees involve. let me stop here for now. Don't ever dream that Igbo as a tribe is on race with you or your stupid village. Igbo is on their own race.

3 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 10:34am On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

It's like Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium in Enugu na your Shithole backyard it dey?

The one that Enyimba uses in Aba for International matches na your garbage front yard it dey..

Dan Anyiam Stadium for Owerri na you lease am?

Dey show yourself.. angry

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Femeto: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2020
Dey still imported these chairs something that can be made and bought in Nigeria .Eleganza is available for something like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List / Manchester United Will Pay Jose Mourinho For Sacking Him / Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.