Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) (58566 Views)

Roofing Begins At The 17000-Seater Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom(Photos) / The Ultra Modern 17,000 Seater Eket Stadium Opens May 2019 / 15,000 Capacity Stadium Construction In Eket By Governor Udom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
JAWBONE:
Na stadium Akwa Ibom people go chop. What happened to the one in Uyo. Seriously misplaced priorities.

You don't just carry out a project without impact assessment. Where is the market for football in Akwa Ibom. In England, football is big business, from gambling to TV rights, that's why you see stadia everywhere. It's a huge export commodity for them. Here in Nigeria, where is that kind of market to warrant building of stadia.

Concentrate on opening your seaports Mr. Udom. It will add value your people more.
You must be hungry hence everything must be about stomach infrastructure to you.
Not everyone is focused on stomach.

On comparison with England, England football did not start having everything in place, they started somewhere, akwa ibom is taking steps toward building its sport infrastructure.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
Any well meaning individual with knowledge of developmental economics or anyone who has read the book "The Prosperity Paradox" will know that this project is stoopid and meaningless. Economic development/empowerment comes before recreational facilities or amusement centres. You need to have residents with the purchasing power and accompanied education to use these places. Someone asked "you know how many stadia dey London?". I ask, do you how many middle class dey London? Does Akwa Ibom state have a quarter of London's middle class (mere numbers not purchasing power)?

The gigantic hotels, shopping centres, restaurants constructed etc. everywhere are facing low patronage because the residents don't have money. Coldstone Creamery opened in Calabar probably because residents there spend more than their neighbours. Meanwhile, PaCreams struggles to get customers even when there is no competition. Eket does not need a stadium when the roads there are horrible and no pedestrian walkway. What the state needs are: lower taxes (currently the state has one of the highest taxes for SMEs), a well driven plan to invite investors to build proper industries not tissue paper whatsoever etc. The state has a good road infrastructure and is relative safe compared to say Calabar or Port Harcourt but more is needed considering how rich she is. I say this because I really pity the young men who look clearly (under)unemployed and depend on f00lish Dakkada politics to survive.

And please for the umpteenth time, government don't build industries rather she makes the environment conducive for industries to thrive. Industrial estates should be constructed in the three senatorial districts and plots allocated to actual entrepreneurs/companies to have their facilities. When an industrial estate is filled, another is opened in the same senatorial district. That way, young Akwa Ibomites can apply to these companies instead of graduating from institutions in the state and having to leave because of very limited opportunities. When Udom ran in 2015, I was ecstatic because of his professional background esp that of PwC; but so far, I have come to the conclusion that something is really wrong with Nigerian politics.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

Igbos don't love themselves.
Yeah..

Worry about your own family hatred and let Igbo worry about themselves..

Too much worry is bad for your health.. grin
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by ABINTUK(m): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
juvewalex:
Why this stadium when the state already has a wonderful stadium built by Akpabio in the same state.

It's a waste of resources as far as I'm concerned because they can't maintain them as one will suffer for one.

I'm telling you.

The State already have two functional stadiums in Uyo.
I visited the site of this project last month.
My prayer is that it shouldn't collapse when people are in it.

The whole stuff looks very substandard.
The pillars aren't straight and looks very tiny to support the expected weight.

Udom Emmanuel wants to build everything in his backyard.

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
poiZon:

When was he last time u ate local rice?
Most nigerians detest locally made stuff...
Agric is a serious business, in UsA less than 3percent of the populace do agroentrepreneur.
So it shudnt be forced on nigerians to go into what they practically dont like doing.
I dont like agric so even if u give me millions, i will accept but at the long run it will vanish.
I believe there r like millions of me in th state.

I ate local Rice last month. I also made mention SMe loans you mustn't go into Agriculture when you've money available lots of ideas will come up.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2020
Gerrard59:
Any well meaning individual with knowledge of developmental economics or anyone who has read the book "The Prosperity Paradox" will know that this project is stoopid and meaningless. Economic development/empowerment comes before recreational facilities or amusement centres. You need to have residents with the purchasing power and accompanied education to use these places. Someone asked "you know how many stadia dey London?". I ask, do you how many middle class dey London? Does Akwa Ibom state have a quarter of London's middle class (mere numbers not purchasing power)?

The gigantic hotels, shopping centres, restaurants constructed etc. everywhere are facing low patronage because the residents don't have money. Coldstone Creamery opened in Calabar probably because residents there spend more than their neighbours. Meanwhile, PaCreams struggles to get customers even when there is no competition. Eket does not need a stadium when the roads there are horrible and no pedestrian walkway. What the state needs are: lower taxes (currently the state has one of the highest taxes for SMEs), a well driven plan to invite investors to build proper industries not tissue paper whatsoever etc. The state has a good road infrastructure and is relative safe compared to say Calabar or Port Harcourt but more is needed considering how rich she is. I say this because I really pity the young men who look clearly (under)unemployed and depend on f00lish Dakkada politics to survive.
Everyone must start somewhere, primary school kids dont stop going to school because they see people in their communities that have PHDs
They understand that eventually they will get there if they keep building their academic profile.

You dont stop building because others have built better. England started somewhere before they got to where they are today in football.
Am glad Akwa ibom is gradually building its sports industry.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by ABINTUK(m): 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

Who is peculiar consults? This stadium according to state Government is built by direct labour.

FYI Eyimba stadium in Aba was done by governor ikpeazu. That was a great job, the stadium is one of the best at the moment.
Learn to commend politicians when they do good, if you dont commend them then dont misrepresent their achievements.

May God forgive you...

Mkpo ado adagha ke Aba ke afo asong esit akod stadium..?

Ese bop stadium ntoro?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

Everyone must start somewhere, primary school kids dont stop going to school because they see people in their communities that have PHDs
They understand that eventually they will get there if they keep building their academic profile.

You dont stop building because others have built better. England started somewhere before they got to where they are today in football.
Am glad Akwa ibom is gradually building its sports industry.

Which is why I started by writing anyone who has read The Prosperity Paradox will know that economic empowerment comes before recreational facilities. England did not start with having stadia everywhere before the English were economically developed. Mind you, the industrial revolution started from Britain. They fed themselves before thinking of relaxing or flexing. It is only a well fed person that can continuously pay to enter these places and it is from there, money is gotten to maintain.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
poiZon:

Mister, u dont just go about buildng industries cos u want to.
What will the industry be producing if they arent raw materials to process.....
80percent of industries in nigeria deals with repackaging n assembly, nothing like manufacturing. Where akwaibom is, with the less population n underdevelop sea way, buildng giagantic house name industry will tantamount to white elephant project.
Which state will the industry feed?
Go n check cross river garment factory whether it is functional anymore.

Hmmm and yet Akwa ibom have the highest unemployment rate about 37.7% in South South. What I'm trying to say is that before you build tourism infrastructure let the masses the fully employed it'll make more sense. That's the only way your tourism investment will Boom. People can't watch football games on empty stomach.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by poiZon: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

I ate local Rice last month. I also made mention SMe loans you mustn't go into Agriculture when you've money available lots of ideas will come up.
Majority of youths dont have agro ideas, so u dont expect the govt to force it on them.
U give these youths soft loans, they will spend it on drinks n women.
Tourism sector employs thousands if well harnessed. Texas is a city mainly functional cos of tourism. Dubai is another city that is tourism based, but exclusively patronised by foreigners.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2020
poiZon:

Majority of youths dont have agro ideas, so u dont expect the govt to force it on them.
U give these youths soft loans, they will spend it on drinks n women.
Tourism sector employs thousands if well harnessed. Texas is a city mainly functional cos of tourism. Dubai is another city that is tourism based, but exclusively patronised by foreigners.

Bro if the Government opens a large scale Farm and start up pay is 35 - 40k you'll see unemployment will reduce. Some people Earn shiit as salaries and the work they do is harder than Farm work. Go to the street and see people sell all sort stuffs like matches,cotton wool, Rat killers etc when you calculate the their entire stock it's not up to 10k. The suffering is too much in this country the leaders know.

It'll take a lot of time before we'll be Dubai. Let's develop ourselves first.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by JAWBONE(m): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

You must be hungry hence everything must be about stomach infrastructure to you.
Not everyone is focused on stomach.

On comparison with England, England football did not start having everything in place, they started somewhere, akwa ibom is taking steps toward building its sport infrastructure.

You must be intellectually deficient because I don't know where in my post i advocated for "stomach infrastructure". I made a post on why Udom should consider investing in seaports over stadia as that would have more impact on people's lives but you who did not think before you open your gutter mouth came here to spew absolute nonsense.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nvc078: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

I repeat: SOUTH EAST IS THE MOST UNDERDEVELOPED REGION IN NIGERIA. Their leaders are busy enriching themselves while the region decays.
you haven't answered my question yet. for the last time ,which cave did you crawl out from?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nvc078: 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

Igbos don't love themselves.
yorubas love themselves so much...especially their skulls,hence the daily mining
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by ability19: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:
The construction of the 17,000 all seater all covered Eket stadium in Akwa ibom state which started a while ago by the Government of Mr udom emmanuel has reached roofing levels.
This month all the 17000 plastic seats for the stadium has arrived uyo the state capital where it is stored.
The artificial pitch has and the tartan tracks material has also arrived.

The ministry of sports akwa ibom state recieved 27 container of materials for installation in the new stadium January 2020.

Mr udom Emmanuel is not just building a stadium in Eket, eket is the second biggest city in Akwa ibom state after uyo, the state capital and ikot Ekpene the Northern district capitals.
Eket has a variety of roads that are being dualize, drainages, city park, modern yiwu Chinese market, the biggest Chinese market in Nigeria is currently under construction in Eket and many more, this project are aimed at repositioning the oil capital of Akwa ibom state to a new level that's befitting of other oil cities in the world.

The commissioner of sports in the state also intimated that the old 5000 capacity uyo township stadium is also simultaneously upgraded to a 10,000 seater sports stadium to complement the 30,000 seats Godswill Akpabio stadium in Uyo.

Akwa ibom state is the only state in the country with 2 teams in the Nigerian premier league.
AKWA UNITED AND DAKKADA FC.

The state also has several teams in the Nigerian National league which is Nigeria division 2:

Those teams include the ibom youth FC, vandrezzer FC, coffine fC etc and a host of female clubsides.

This stadium's will serve as befitting homes for some of this teams.

All this without two things won't last!!

1. Maintenance culture
2. Electricity

Quote me any where
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by mildflame: 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:

A white elephant project is an expensive project with no value and such is the one I'm seeing here. We have a stadium in Uyo which is not even completed. Why is the governor not completing that one and other projects started by the last administration? Eket does not need a stadium of this magnitude but something like the one in Ikot Ekpene.

At the end of the day, how would this project impact people's lives especially the Eket people? How many indigenes of Eket can work there? To do exactly what and to who? I think the governor should channel his energy toward projects that directly benefits the people, e.g., road construction and intervening in the abysmally poor power supply in the state.

How many young people would even use the stadium when hunger is bitting hard? Again, I don't think there's water in Uyo. What's building another stadium? What's Ibom Air? Looks good; sounds good, but without any value to the common man.

Ibomair is adding value to the state, common man and elite man
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by samuelson06(m): 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2020
Johnsmartinyang:

Brotherly break your fasting with fruits mbok...ask us in uyo how has the Gods will Akpabio stadium impacted on our lives and u will have an endless list..ask super eagles players, ask hoteliers, food vendors, artisans, transporters and end result? Two good n well funded teams in the Nigerian Premier league..... If e pain u....find transformer hug

Ikpa, get me right. I'm not exactly against building of stadium but setting priorities right. We don't need more stadiums at this time but power, water, industries, empowerments, support for SMEs through grants, and other direct people-focused projects. How many times does the Super Eagles use the Uyo stadium in a month? How many times do you go there to watch matches? So that's how I think my brother. Good evening.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Blackking98(m): 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2020
All this people masturbating over this thread, if you used this energy you're wasting here to criticize my governor on your own various state governments am sure it would have been profitable unto u

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2020
Kinematics:

Some hype doesn't make sense. Every State in the niger delta have the capacity of supplying 24/7 power for their people. But the national grid will not allow that.

Even some states in the north can do that as well. The total of 381MW generated from the 2 power plants in AKS is still very small compared to what states like Rivers, Delta, Abia, Niger and Taraba generates. These states generates over 1000MW each.

People like you lack knowledge but pretend that they know what's is obvious the dont.

Mention any state in Nigeria that owns its power generating company besides Akwa ibom state via ibom power plant, and mention the power generation company name. So others can verify.

Only rivers state government built power plant but Gov. AMECHI sold them to tonye Cole company.

Others have federally funded or private power companies.
Mini plant / generators that Lagos and cross river state built dont count. As none of them can supply one local government not to talk of the whole state.

Ibom power plant has the capacity that can supply the whole of Akwa ibom, abia, bayelsa and cross river state combined. If the FG was not taking Akwa ibom power to the national grid.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2020
Blackking98:
All this people masturbating over this thread, if you used this energy you're wasting here to criticize my governor on your own various state governments am sure it would have been profitable unto u

My brother its envy. They see things in Akwa they wish their state had, because they don't envy fills their heart and they lash out.

We know them, armchair analyst that only criticizes others but don't take a critical look at self.
As if Akwa ibom state government cares about their opinion. If state government does not build public infrastructure, is it the private sector that will build them? The state government is executing plans it deems necessary for the state.
We like it. Those who dont can wait till they become governor.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Blackking98(m): 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

My brother its envy. They see things in Akwa they wish their state had, because they don't envy fills their heart and they lash out.

We know them, armchair analyst that only criticizes others but don't take a critical look at self.
As if Akwa ibom state government cares about their opinion. If state government does not build public infrastructure, is it the private sector that will build them? The state government is executing plans it deems necessary for the state.
We like it. Those who dont can wait till they become governor.
It's extremely irritating honestly tho. They think Akwa Ibom is like their states that real development starts and ends in the state capital, we like what our government is doing, if they don't like it they should contest for governorship election in Akwa Ibom 2023, since it seems their states have rejected them because they wouldn't be here commenting like they know better than the indigenes, jobless youths
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by back2sender: 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
juvewalex:
Why this stadium when the state already has a wonderful stadium built by Akpabio in the same state.

It's a waste of resources as far as I'm concerned because they can't maintain them as one will suffer for one.
EXACTLY WASTE OF RESOURCES.

THE MONEY SPENT CAN REFURBISH AND EMPLOY QUALITY TEACHERS IN RURAL AREAS IN AK IBOM.

THE MONEY CAN REFURBISH PRIMARY HEALTHCARE FACILITIES IN RURAL AREAS.

WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECTS , SUCH PROJECTS ARE CONDUIT PIPE FOR THE MORE YOU LOOK THE LESS YOU SEE,.

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
Nice development though.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2020
back2sender:

EXACTLY WASTE OF RESOURCES.

THE MONEY SPENT CAN REFURBISH AND EMPLOY QUALITY TEACHERS IN RURAL AREAS IN AK IBOM.

THE MONEY CAN REFURBISH PRIMARY HEALTHCARE FACILITIES IN RURAL AREAS.

WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECTS , SUCH PROJECTS ARE CONDUIT PIPE FOR THE MORE YOU LOOK THE LESS YOU SEE,.

What has your state government done?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Legendguru: 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2020
Oh
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Realfrankie(m): 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2020
This Akwa ibom na Mad ooo

The feelings the enter body

Kudos to their leaders
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List / Manchester United Will Pay Jose Mourinho For Sacking Him / Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.