Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) (58556 Views)

The Ultra Modern 17,000 Seater Eket Stadium Opens May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 27, 2020
-
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Kinematics: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

People like you lack knowledge but pretend that they know what's is obvious the dont.

Mention any state in Nigeria that owns its power generating company besides Akwa ibom state via ibom power plant, and mention the power generation company name. So others can verify.

Only rivers state government built power plant but Gov. AMECHI sold them to tonye Cole company.

Others have federally funded or private power companies.
Mini plant / generators that Lagos and cross river state built dont count. As none of them can supply one local government not to talk of the whole state.

Ibom power plant has the capacity that can supply the whole of Akwa ibom, abia, bayelsa and cross river state combined. If the FG was not taking Akwa ibom power to the national grid.

I leave you with your ignorant hype. It's good to hype but dont spread ignorance in case of hype.

I've read your post all through. It's good you are happy with what your governor is doing in building stadiums, what I dont get is the ignorance you are displaying in several areas of your comment.

It baffles me for someone to be jubilating about 191MW of power generation and stadium.
It's time we start celebrating more meaning achievements in this country. This is 21st century. Things like this should be celebrated by individuals not state.
States are bigger than this mediocrity.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
-
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
Kinematics:

I leave you with your ignorant hype. It's good to hype but dont spread ignorance in case of hype.

I've read your post all through. It's good you are happy with what your governor is doing in building stadiums, what I dont get is the ignorance you are displaying in several areas of your comment.

It baffles me for someone to be jubilating about 191MW of power generation and stadium.
It's time we start celebrating more meaning achievements in this country. This is 21st century. Things like this should be celebrated by individuals not state.
States are bigger than this mediocrity.

Because I punctured your lies!
This is no hype akwa ibom is reality. There are several countries in Africa that don't have what we have in akwa ibom state. Several countries dont generate even up to 191MW power which is 3 times the electricity needs of akwa ibom.
Most countries in including Nigeria does not have an airline, Akwa ibom state does, it also owns and operates it's own airport.
Most countries dont have sea port Akwa ibom is in the process of building one and most countries dont have stadium like the Godswill Akpabio stadium.
The kind of road network in Akwa ibom is mesmerizing.
To cap it all it has the hydrocarbons to drive its economy.
If Akwa ibom were to be country it will be a great country.
This is not hype but reality.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Kinematics: 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

Because I punctured your lies!

This is no hype akwa ibom is reality. There are several countries in Africa that don't have what we have in akwa ibom state. Several countries dont generate even up to 191MW power which is 3 times the electricity needs of akwa ibom.
Most countries in including Nigeria does not have an airline, Akwa ibom state does, it also owns and operates it's own airport.
Most countries dont have sea port Akwa ibom is in the process of building one and most countries dont have stadium like the Godswill Akpabio stadium.
The kind of road network in Akwa ibom is mesmerizing.
To cap it all it has the hydrocarbons to drive its economy.
If Akwa ibom were to be country it will be a great country.
This is not hype but reality.

Calm down ooo. Airline(I guess the individuals that own airlines their states will be jubilating about this too), 191MW of electricity, road, stadium, seaport in view and hydrocarbon. Is that all?

This is crass ignorance. Are these the kind of things you are jubilating about? Damn this is sickening. It means states like Lagos and Rivers will be over the moon already. Guy man calm down and stop looking ordinary on the thread.

You better go and create jobs for the common man on the street of Uyo and stop hyping nonsense.
Things that most states in Nigeria have been enjoying over the years. You build one you make noise....
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by benjida: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
Bobonowell:

Bros, people in uyo are not complaining of water , you should transfer your effort to your state govt so that they can build roads , and water for your people .
Don't mind them. They should visit Akwa Ibom and see things for themselves.

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by benjida: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2020
yenereal:

You have missed what to say. If to go and watch match in England you will be the first person. You've forgotten that they started from scratch like this. Simply tell us you aren't a lover of sports. You can watch your Zeeworld or Aljazeera. Any sports-loving person wont criticize what Gov. Udom is doing. Akpabio did same and today, Akwa Ibom has been projected. Do you know how much money is generated to Akwa Ibom State account as a result of sport events held in the State? Next time, reason before you comment thrash Mr. Man.
God bless you.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by benjida: 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
Nvc078:

you haven't answered my question yet. for the last time ,which cave did you crawl out from?
All the bad roads and pitiable dump sites you call stadium in the south east put together, do not measure up to the so-called cave I crawled out from grin
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by OttHin: 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:
White elephant project undecided

EP
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nvc078: 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

All the bad roads and pitiable dump sites you call stadium in the south east put together, do not measure up to the so-called cave I crawled out from grin
you haven't answered my question still....what's the name of the cave that inhabits you?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by ANIEPAUL(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

AKWA ibom already have 3 standard grass turf.
The Godswill Akpabio stadium and the training pitch.
Ikot Ekpene stadium has grass turf.

So what we need in the new stadium are artificial pitches.
The uyo township stadium is handled by moni Michelle, the company that fixed enyimba, bayelsa, bauchi and onikan stadium pitch. So it will be good.

The Eket stadium will have a standard artificial turf.
This will balance off so if the players are going to be facing opponents that play in grass turf, they can practice in grass, if they are facing and opponents that plays on artificial turf they can also practice on artificial turf.

Presently Akwa ibom state has no artificial turf stadium, but by the end of the year they will have two.

very true
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Sonnyboom: 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
Herr we go again with retards according themselves glories for uncompleted projects.
zuto4u:
U are very stupid and insecure. Go to Ebonyi state and see what is going on there. The only glass tunnel bridge in Nigeria and Africa as a whole is in Abakaliki Ebonyi state. Ebonyi now has the best road network in Nigeria, and is about to have the best health care center in Nigeria as well. Ebonyi now has the biggest fountain in Nigeria (and I think in Africa too). And I don't need to remind your dumb head that Ebonyi is among the states that receives lowest allocation from the federal government. I am from Imo state but I now envy Ebonyi state. And there are still multiple world class projects going on there, which include a gigantic shopping mall which will somehow look like Dubai mall, an international cargo airport and many others. At the end of the day, we are all Nigerians, so stop this your nonsensical behavior.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Sonnyboom: 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2020
Is my hatred for the Igbo that much as much as the igbo ahtrrc for Tinubu n Awolowo ?! Now you understand who is indeed filled with endemic hate n that certainly isn't me.

ugom123:

u are simply pathetic! Must u drag igbos in everything? Ur hatred for these people is too much.
I rather u rest in hell like the over 2 million fools Ojukwu wasted in the Biafra war
Kingrefreshed:

Igbo's are really your night mare! I know you really crave to be an igbo person but it's already too late for you.

Rest in peace my dear friend!
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Rosskiye: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
otipoju:

In a normal society,every local government ought to have a stadium .

Most secondary schools in the western world especially USA have their own stadiums

NOT TRUE.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Sonnyboom: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2020
But deluded Igbos like u have right to claim u are hated by Ikwerre Hausa Fulani yoruba South Africans Malaysian Singaporeans Indians Arabs etc. You see why the igbo are eternally backward with. Laim of developing othera d but can't develop theirs?!

Divoc:

keep limiting yourself by hating the Igbo's(fellow humans)......your type is why black man is still backward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by otipoju(m): 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2020
Rosskiye:

NOT TRUE.

So where do they play their high school Football leagues games ?...on the high seas?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 27, 2020
-
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Rosskiye: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

you compare Nigeria that lacks functional hospitals with USA.

basic amenities like good schools, fire services, emergency services, hospitals etc have to be in place before stadium in every local government. this is obviously a scam project because there's a similar structure in Uyo already.

These so called ''basic amenities'' require MONEY to be actualized. You need revenue generation efforts to create that income. If a stadium will bring in revenues to the state, it's a good thing. Do you think that monthly allocation from Abuja is enough to provide all those facilities you listed? It's nowhere near enough, even without corruption.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Myself2(m): 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
juvewalex:
Why this stadium when the state already has a wonderful stadium built by Akpabio in the same state.

It's a waste of resources as far as I'm concerned because they can't maintain them as one will suffer for one.

Yes Akpabio's stadium will suffer for this one. That's the mentality of the Nigerian politician, obviously Gov Udom Emmanuel regrets agreeing to rename The Nes of Champions after Akpabio, which was the plan of Akpabio when he was building the stadium ,he only refrained from naming it after himself while in office as it would have been improper and would generate a huge uproar, I think rather than embark on the duplication of project, Udom Emmanuel should just have reversed imself by renaming the stadium again as The Nest of champions. If Akpabio wan die make he go die

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 11:45pm On Jan 27, 2020
Myself2:

Yes Akpabio's stadium will suffer for this one. That's the mentality of the Nigerian politician, obviously Gov Udom Emmanuel regrets agreeing to rename The Nes of Champions after Akpabio, which was the plan of Akpabio when he was building the stadium ,he only refrained from naming it after himself while in office as it would have been improper and would generate a huge uproar, I think rather than embark on the duplication of project, Udom Emmanuel should just have reversed imself by renaming the stadium again as The Nest of champions. If Akpabio wan die make he go die

How can a 17,000 seater stadium in a district capital of eket replace a 30,000 seater stadium in the state capital.
Some of you just say things before you think.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
Rosskiye:

These so called ''basic amenities'' require MONEY to be actualized. You need revenue generation efforts to create that income. If a stadium will bring in revenues to the state, it's a good thing. Do you think that monthly allocation from Abuja is enough to provide all those facilities you listed? It's nowhere near enough, even without corruption.

stadium will bring in revenues? how? via the underdeveloped nigeria football league? cheesy

has the uyo stadium paid even half of its costs?

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Myself2(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
Atouke:

How can a 17,000 seater stadium in a district capital of eket replace a 30,000 seater stadium in the state capital.
Some of you just say things before you think.

Did you even bother to read and comprehend my comment before opening your wide mouth to spew useless accusation and name tagging ??
Mtcheww over sabi
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
Myself2:

Did you even bother to read and comprehend my comment before opening your wide mouth to spew useless accusation and name tagging ??
Mtcheww over sabi

Ndisime ubiak.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
Atouke:

Show me a state government that has invested more in agriculture than Gov. Udom emmanuel?
Have you heard of
1).st. Gabriel coconut plantation and refinery?
2). Cassava processing plants over 10 in the state
3). Ibom integrated farms a Songhai styled farm.
4). Reactivation of Akw palm estate , the biggest palm oil eastate in west Africa.
5).500 ,tonnes per day kings flour mill.
6). Agriculture green house project by the airport.
7). Akwa prime poultry and hatchery the biggest poultry hatchery in south south and southeast Nigeria.
cool ibom Agricon rice mill and plantation .
9). Cocoa processing factory and plantation in ini lga
10).3 palm oil/kernels processing factories.
12) AKEES the best of them all ask any young akwa ibomite what Akees stands for! The program that has brought more young people into agriculture bussiness than any in this country.

This are just a few I can remember. Show me a state that has done more in agriculture development in Nigeria, I will be glad to put gov.udoms record against such governor for Nigerians to judge.
Hey mister,will you stop all this propaganda?Do you think you’re the only one from Akwa Ibom State?I have been reading your posts and quotes and I don’t know whether you’re the Govt’s mouthpiece or just saying whatever you feel like.You first said something bout 1700km of roads being constrcuted and someone asked you to check your facts which you couldn’t.Mention where the cassava plants are located and show us pitcures as you did with the stadium.Don’t forget to add the Cocoa processing factory and plantation,Agriculture greenhouse project.Please,present the facts for us to see.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by zuto4u(m): 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
My friend go to Ebonyi state and see for yourself and save yourself all these stress.
Sonnyboom:
Herr we go again with retards according themselves glories for uncompleted projects.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
MagumForce:

Hey mister,will you stop all this propaganda?Do you think you’re the only one from Akwa Ibom State?I have been reading your posts and quotes and I don’t know whether you’re the Govt’s mouthpiece or just saying whatever you feel like.You first said something bout 1700km of roads being constrcuted and someone asked you to check your facts which you couldn’t.Mention where the cassava plants are located and show us pitcures as you did with the stadium.Don’t forget to add the Cocoa processing factory and plantation,Agriculture greenhouse project.Please,present the facts for us to see.
Bu.....t hurt!�
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Suntimeray2: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
Naira landers can't change. Once you are done reading the main thread, the rest is curses n abuse ...
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Kinematics:

Some hype doesn't make sense. Every State in the niger delta have the capacity of supplying 24/7 power for their people. But the national grid will not allow that.

Even some states in the north can do that as well. The total of 381MW generated from the 2 power plants in AKS is still very small compared to what states like Rivers, Delta, Abia, Niger and Taraba generates. These states generates over 1000MW each.

What a mofo, why dont you list the power plants and their capacity, am talking about a state Government owned and operated power plant and you are mentioning FG and private power stations.
This is how you fail exams. Utter lack of comprehension.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Alagboo: 4:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
Realfrankie:
[s]This Akwa ibom na Mad ooo

The feelings the enter body

Kudos to their leaders [/s]
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Realfrankie(m): 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
[quote author=Alagboo post=87057289][/quote]

Wetin be your own na?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Atouke:

You should be the one to do the checking. Am satisfied with what the state government is doing.

We are talking about facts and you are talking about sentiments.
Takia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List / Manchester United Will Pay Jose Mourinho For Sacking Him / Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.