Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt (3360 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by MrHighSea: 1:24am On Jan 31, 2020
Expensiverichyb:
My own fears are:
1. Marrying someone who will not understand me.
2. Someone who wouldn't trust me.
3. Someone who can't easily let go of little thing.
I can't stand someone keeping malice with me. So scary
Those things u mention, makes u adorable. You sound like my lady.

It means you're concerned. Hope you won't do those things to your partner too.

There is a certain level of concern (controlled jealousy) partners must share.
I'm not married but ladies that scream 'i don't care if he stays out late, don't eat my food, don't talk to me for days etc' are turn offs.

Guys too, without deception must be genuinely concerned about their partners. Moods, cramps, eating healthy, fitness, her family, work etc.

Had to fake liking a lady till i broke up.

Found one, I can't be myself when she is down in anyway. Though, I'm a lil though (guys stuff u kw), her security bothers me, those monthly pains freaks me out, plenty things, but she does not know.o

Don't tell her.o

Anytime, there is misunderstanding, she breaks the ice. It makes her more charming. She puts her words to practice.

2 Likes

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by vickydankal(f): 6:08am On Jan 31, 2020
Aldebarann:
@Vickydankal

Physiological and emotional suppression over the years. That’s emotions not expressed from childhood

The emboldened sums me up to an extent! Growing up, i lived in different places with different people. As young & inexperienced as I was, I struggled with isolation for the most part of my teenage years, so I got used to “coping” on my own.
Those weren’t good days but hey, life goes on smiley
I am glad your husband is improving.
Keep up the good work. I wish you & yours all the best.
Good night smiley

Thanks and I wish you the best
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by chibuike65: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
vickydankal:

Your fear is a sign of responsibility
Just balance the fear else you will end up not getting married on time and when you do you will focus on making money for the family while staving then your attention and time .
how?
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by bendazum: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hamachi:
Singles drop your fears about marriage and let the married ones clear your doubts.

Me: Cheating and fear of marring my enemy

Has the married fully cleared their own problems?

There are miriads of threads created by them and its the unmarried that advise them pass.
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by AmKen(m): 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2020
Winneygirl:
Maybe scared that I might not marry someone who's my true friend.
I believe friendship remains where love fades.
Maybe if I marry someone whom we connect on a friendship level, then maybe we'll build a family centered on love, truth and finding happiness in the little things in life.

Do you have a couple of male friends already?

The special someone may be in the mix.
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by AmKen(m): 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
Houseofglam7:
The things I fear usually happen....so I won't be going into marriage with any fear(s)

Positive vibes only.

2 Likes

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by AmKen(m): 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
drmikeadams:
angry grin grin fear of marrying a vandalised ,packaged runs geh

Thats why you need to marry from your friends.

Or someone you know very well.

This is where dating also comes in.
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by AmKen(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
Annstar:
my fear is finding the right man

We have good men everywhere dear.

Are you the right woman. You mostly attract your kind.

First point of call is to br the right woman, the right man will find you.
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by drmikeadams(m): 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
AmKen:

Thats why you need to marry from your friends.

Or someone you know very well.

This is where dating also comes in.
grin grin grin. Them no dey know woman finish,,
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Ifyjos(f): 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
I don’t have any reason to fear because my guy is my perfect choice

2 Likes

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by farady(m): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
@Vickydankal, I just love your beautiful responses of counsel and encouragement. That's the hallmark of a woman who is continuously working to build a happy home and showing "upcoming stars" the way.

God bless you and your family.

2 Likes

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by vickydankal(f): 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
farady:
@Vickydankal, I just love your beautiful responses of counsel and encouragement. That's the hallmark of a woman who is continuously working to build a happy home and showing "upcoming stars" the way.

God bless you and your family.

I say a big amen
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Hamachi(f): 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
Annstar:
my dear I have been doing that..

I just pray he shows up soon
Go out more often.
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Hamachi(f): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
addictiv:
The fear of loosing the initial attraction along the line and the marriage turning to a brother/sister kind of relationship where we no longer get attracted to each other and just cohabiting and focusing on work and kids
Marriage have the honeymoon Stage, teething stages, serious fight stage and many more
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Hamachi(f): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
Blakjewelry:

LOL seriously if I can have my way, it's just straight out of the registry to reception. White man style, but our ladies no wan hear that one
c'mon
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Greatzeus(m): 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2020
bukatyne:
Funny thread.

Nobody is afraid they would be the wrong spouse for their partner or/and unable to provide the right support.

Most peeps don't even know themselves and what is good for them.

Others mistake 'nice to have' as priority and lose sight of the important things.
That's humans for you, highly conceited. Imagine every one up fear marrying the wrong person,fear being cheated on or suffering domestic violence. But none of them thanks he or she could or might be the problem. This is why marriages don't work. We don't see our faults only that of our partners.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Lamanii22(f): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
I won't say I have any marriage phobia per se... not even the common fear of hubby cheating. Nahh, I don't fear for that. Because somewhere deep down in my heart, I know God will lead me right...

If there's anything I'll count as fearful, it will be the thought of having a badly behaved child. But I guess raising the children right from day 1 should fix that...

Even when you raise a child right... He still would make his own choice... Our prayers should be that they don't go astray and that they shouldn't make wrong choices...

3 Likes

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Hamachi(f): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
True
Lamanii22:

Even when you raise a child right... He still would make his own choice... Our prayers should be that they don't go astray and that they shouldn't make wrong choices...

1 Like

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by b3llo(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
Having a not surpporting spouse and having a badly behaved kid.
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Annstar(f): 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
AmKen:

We have good men everywhere dear.

Are you the right woman. You mostly attract your kind.

First point of call is to br the right woman, the right man will find you.
thanks...i will remember that..
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Chinyerelove: 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
Marrying a man who doesn't care if I'm happy or not

1 Like

Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Hamachi(f): 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2020
Chinyerelove:
This deep
Re: Singles Drop Your Fears About Marriage And Let The Married Ones Clear Your Doubt by Hamachi(f): 8:49am On Mar 27, 2022
undecided
Chinyerelove:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters / Man Fights 2 Policemen At The Airport After Cops Push His Wife Down(video) / Adultery: Man or (Married) Woman - who is to blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.