Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Faded Plate Number An Offense? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Faded Plate Number An Offense? (10640 Views)

Many Drivers And Car Owners Don't Know This As An Offense / Why Can't A Faded Plate Number Be Repainted / What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faded Plate Number An Offense? by thebigkendo(m): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
adanny01:

No one is saying that a faded plate number is ok.

What I don't agree or feel is injustice is the fine for it and the cost of reprint.

You can retain my drivers license or documents and write a retention note to reprint the plates but not fine me as well as ask me to pay for reprint when the initial fault was not mine.

It is gross injustice.

In saner climes, you get a warning. But here everything ends up a fine.

Saner climes Bro.. SANER CLIMES..

But will plate numbers fade in saner climes? Americans that can sue for anything grin grin

Questions for the gods
Re: Faded Plate Number An Offense? by adanny01(m): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
thebigkendo:

Saner climes Bro.. SANER CLIMES..

But will plate numbers fade in saner climes? Americans that can sue for anything grin grin

Questions for the gods

The least the law makers should do is give me a warning not a fine for their own irresponsibility.
Re: Faded Plate Number An Offense? by cevek11: 9:54am On Apr 17, 2021
How much does it cost to reprint, and where is their office in Surulere

Natmvaa:

Well, very sorry about that experience you had.

Having been with MVAA for quite a while now, it's important we note that driving with faded no plate is an offence because it's meant to be clearly visible especially at night when faced with light ray.
In fact, it's important that your no plate is always visible whether at night or during the day.
Reason is that most times, security agencies may not need to stop you since they can verify your vehicles details with your no plates.

Even the machines mounted for verification of no plates, they won't be effective with a faded no plate.

About the quality of the no plates, I believe there isn't anything that is perfect. No matter how much of a quality you produce a product, it will still loose it's quality in time. So, if you are driving with a faded no plate, please visit any MVAA office for a reprint of your no plate to avoid any harassment from the security agencies.

Hope this helps in clarifying this issue.
Thanks.

Re: Faded Plate Number An Offense? by lele007: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2021
The problem is not so much that it is alleged to be an offence to drive with faded plates. Its in the interest of the car owner to have visible plates, because thats the first thing that may help track his car if stolen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Drive On A Flat Tire / NADDC Announces Automotive Design Challenge For Young Nigerians / 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.