Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority (7753 Views)

Buhari: Bandits Shouldn’t Think They Can’t Be Crushed / Amotekun Is A Christian Plot To Dominate Muslims In South-West - Sharia Council / APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by myobjective: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
Oga Muslim are not up to 5%. I have never seen Akure, idanre, ikale, owo, ondo, okitipupu indigenous that are Muslim. I am from Akure, it will be hard to see Akure indigen being a Muslim.

Oga, I'm from Ikare Akoko so I know these areas very well
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Gabkosh: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Osaze007:

For me
Lagos - Yoruba christains - 60% Muslims 40%
Ogun - Yoruba Christains - 65% Muslim’s - 35%
Oyo - Yoruba Christains - 45% Muslim’s - 55%
Osun - Christains - 40% Muslims-60%
Ekiti - Christains -80% Muslim’s - 20%
Ondo - Christains -90% Muslim’s -10%
Kwara - Christains -25% Muslim’s - 75%
Kogi Yorubas - Christains - 80% Muslim’s - 20%

Overall christains - 52% Muslim’s -38% traditional -10%
You are wrong about Ekiti, in fact, ondo has Muslim more than Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by LegendHero(m): 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
raumdeuter:

Let me ask, Did you go to a University in the Southwest? Not Ilorin

In your class among the Yorubas what was the majority of the class?

In my graduating class we had about 48 students and like 33 were Christians

Be since and tell.me about yours

I am from Ibadan and I schooled at FUTA.

The best graduating student in my department was a Muslim. His surname is Alabere for anyone that is a FUTARIAN, infact he is the first person to have a first class in Applied Geology in FUTA history. Ask from any FUTA Applied Geology student to confirm!

I couln't recall how much number of Muslim or christain we had in my department. But I am sure out of the 10 top best students, there are like 4 or 5 muslims among us.

Truly collectively in my class, christains are more than Muslims if we are to count them but I am sure it won't exceed 60/40.

However, Your argument is flawed, coz it does not make sense to utilize number of graduates in a school alone to infer your premises. The sample size is damn too small. In another school there may be more Muslim than Christian in a department and vice versa.

Again bro, you need not be doing this coz if you proceed now to check the name of best graduating students across every university in the SW, you will see that it features both Muslims and Christains alike.
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Gabkosh: 10:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
myobjective:

Oga, I'm from Ikare Akoko so I know these areas very well
You don't know, You can't see Akure indegen being Muslim. We are either Catholic, Anglican, Baptist, Methodist, penticoastal or CAC
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Sammy07: 10:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
Oga Muslim are not up to 5%. I have never seen Akure, idanre, ikale, owo, ondo, okitipupu indegens that are Muslim. I am from Akure, it will be hard to see Akure indegen being a Muslim.

It's only akoko that has some higher percentage of Muslims
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by myobjective: 10:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
You don't know, You can't see Akure indegen being Muslim. We are either Catholic, Anglican, Baptist, Methodist, penticoastal or CAC

Do you see me mention Akure?
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Sammy07: 10:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
myobjective:

Do you see me mention Akure?
Muslims only dominated akoko areas of Ondo.
I'm sure its due to closeness with Kogi self.
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Sammy07: 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
LegendHero:

The best graduating student in my department was a Muslim. His surname is Alabere for anyone that is a FUTARIAN, infact he is the first person to have a first class in Applied Geology in FUTA history. Ask from any FUTA Applied Geology student to confirm!

I couln't recall how much number of Muslim or christain we had in my department. But I am sure out of the 10 top best students, there are like 4 or 5 muslims among us.

Truly collectively in my class, christains are more than Muslims if we are to count them but I am sure it won't exceed 60/40.

However, Your argument is flawed, coz it does not make sense to utilize number of graduates in a school alone to infer your premises. The sample size is damn too small. In another school there may be more Muslim than Christian in a department and vice versa.

Again bro, you need not be doing this coz if you proceed now to check the name of best graduating students across every university in the SW, you will see that it features both Muslims and Christains alike.

Naturally, Christians will be much in Futa cos of Ondo State.

And naturally Muslims will be much in Unilorin cos of Kwara state.
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by LegendHero(m): 11:05pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sammy07:

Naturally, Christians will be much in Futa cos of Ondo State.

And naturally Muslims will be much in Unilorin cos of Kwara state.

Yes sure. Ondo state is generally more Christian dominated.
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by LegendHero(m): 11:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
Oga Muslim are not up to 5%. I have never seen Akure, idanre, ikale, owo, ondo, okitipupu indegens that are Muslim. I am from Akure, it will be hard to see Akure indegen being a Muslim.

Because you’ve not seen doesn’t imply they don’t exist.

Back then in school, the man that owned the mosque we always pray at is an Akure indigene. There are also some of my friend from Akure that are Muslims.

There are also numerous mosque around Akure where you will see indigenes that are Muslims. So I don’t know where you got your info about not seeing Muslim indigenes in Akure.

Truly, the Christian population is more than the Muslims in Akure.
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Xzellentgraphic: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sammy07:

Muslims only dominated akoko areas of Ondo.
I'm sure its due to closeness with Kogi self.
I'm from akoko.....the muslims only dominate ikare and akungba....isua, oka, epinmi, ipe, arigidi, ugbe, oba, supare, ogbagi and more are christian dominated area.....
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Osaze007: 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
I wonder o. The war they couldn't fight in

War that you were humiliated smh person Dey use am brag
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Barbilius: 11:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
LegendHero:

This will be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read in my entire life. You mean Muslims of Yoruba origin are not educated like the Christians and they don’t proceed to higher institutions in their entirety??

What kind is statement is this? You should modify this post coz it’s baseless bro. In all institute of learning, we have both Muslims and Christians leading classes and excelling in their professions and it will be absurd for anyone to think otherwise.

Some Muslims are even always profiled to be too brilliant that some always attribute it to them drinking hontu.

This argument on this thread is baseless. How will you categorize Yorubas into Muslims/Christians/traditionalist when people frequent those other religious institution and intermarry?

You are right about Muslims converting to Christian and that is due to the fact that churches do a lot of miracles and crusades such that people always go to churches for their problem to be solved. Thats why women form the bulks of the converts.

My mom was a Muslim before, she switched to Christianity. Dad is still a Muslim, my brother are Muslim and Christian anytime they like and I personally identify as a Muslim.

Now brother how will I categorize my religion based on my family analogy?

To an extent he is actually right. Christian yoruba are generally more educated than muslims(though in recent years Muslims are now going to school as well). If not so, why is it that thugs all over Yorubaland are mostly Muslims? Nurtw members and other agberos nko, are they not mostly Muslims? For a Christina thug there exist 10 Muslims.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by stieyven(m): 12:13am On Jan 29, 2020
Drobitol:
foolish thought...in the entire s/w they aren't up to 45%...its just that they have economically buoyant adherent.
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Difrent: 5:49am On Jan 29, 2020
ProudDick:
Real Muslims in Yoruba land are not up to 10%. Many have Muslim names but are not Muslims. Yorubas are enlightened people. Enlightenment and Islam does not mix. You must be extremely dumb to be a Muslim. Many of my friends are Muslims by name but we all know they give no fvck about Islam.

You spoiled your beautiful submission with the bolded.....its a free world with hundreds of religion.....christianity is just one of them. Some Christians like you are just intolerant but shout loudest while accusing other of intolerance

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Sammy07: 6:46am On Jan 29, 2020
Barbilius:
To an extent he is actually right. Christian yoruba are generally more educated than muslims(though in recent years Muslims are now going to school as well). If not so, why is it that thugs all over Yorubaland are mostly Muslims? Nurtw members and other agberos nko, are they not mostly Muslims? For a Christina thug there exist 10 Muslims.

This your submission to is wrong...
How can you say thugs/agberos/nurtw are mostly Muslims ??
That can only be so in a Muslim dominated areas.

In a Christian dominated areas, thugs/agberos/nurtw will be christians in a Christian dominated areas
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by SecretSpy666: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2020
It's an inferiority complex that is their problem.
Christians have five governors while the Muslims have just one
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by jimyjames(m): 7:34am On Jan 29, 2020
Osaze007:

Why are you bragging with a war you lost and your kiths were roasted like suya

Ah my second class afonja friend from bini , how is your motuary business moving?
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Ritchiee: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2020
Gabkosh:
I wonder o. The war they couldn't fight in

Most of them did not even fight.They were hiding behind the Southsoutherners,always looking for any.opportunity to run to Ivory Coast grin

Rely on Osu Igbos at your own peril.They will consistently betray you.Cowardice and betrayal are in their DNA.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Samunique(m): 8:54am On Jan 29, 2020
raumdeuter:
sammy07 and osaze007

you also have to factor in that in Yorubaland many people cant be categorized as Xtians or Moslems because of intermarriages and they openly worship in both places

Tinubu is a Moslem his wife is a Xtian, what do you think the children are? Don't be surprised if the children are both. They go to church and go to mosque. Tinubu himself probably can recite bible and his wife recite koran. Same thing with Saraki, Ajimobi, fashola etc.

I know many people when its time for church they go, when its time for mosque they go

If an average Yoruba person has a small problem he will visit Alfa, Pastors and even Babalawo
Menh.... This is yoruba in picture !!!

Are you a yoruba or you are close to them ?

This your analysis is a top notch !!!
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Barbilius: 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
Sammy07:

This your submission to is wrong...
How can you say thugs/agberos/nurtw are mostly Muslims ??
That can only be so in a Muslim dominated areas.

In a Christian dominated areas, thugs/agberos/nurtw will be christians in a Christian dominated areas
Can you start listing Christian agberos and thugs you know? For every Christian, I will give you 10 Muslims.
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Ritchiee: 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
Barbilius:
Can you start listing Christian agberos and thugs you know? For every Christian, I will give you 10 Muslims.

Stop your stupid rule and divide.We have managed our differences exceptionally for centuries.We may not be perfect.

There are more Muslim Agberos than Christians so also are politicians.Reason Muslims think they are the majority.

Sunday Igboho,Kehinde Joseph,Sunday Ogunleye ,Olushope Bodude (JP) etcgrin
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by daddyp76(m): 3:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
Captainrambo2:
I asked this question because muric said there wer more Muslim in sw. Islamic affairs echoed it again

Muslim are minority in Yoruba land, don't mind their propaganda.
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Barbilius: 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ritchiee:

Stop your stupid rule and divide.We have managed our differences exceptionally for centuries.We may not be perfect.

There are more Muslim Agberos than Christians so also are politicians.Reason Muslims think they are the majority.

Sunday Igboho,Kehinde Joseph,Sunday Ogunleye ,Olushope Bodude (JP) etcgrin
OK. Mc Oulluomo, Fele, Hamburger, Esi oluwo, Tokyo, Eleweomo, Auxiliary, Saka Saula, Kunle Polo, Tafa Sego, Alado baba bili, koko zaria, etc. There are several others of their thugs who are mostly Muslims. Just accept the fact, I personally know not a few Muslim classmates of mine who dropped outta school after secondary school. Go to major motor parks if majority of those who work there aren't Muslims with little or no education. I ain't a bigot, just a challenge to Muslims amongst yorubas, they need to do more and also reduce their birthrate, they give birth too much and this is a remote cause of this attitude of many of them turning to agberos. My 2 cents.
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Osaze007: 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2020
jimyjames:

Ah my second class afonja friend from bini , how is your motuary business moving?

Coming from a second class tribe loool
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by jimyjames(m): 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Osaze007:

Coming from a second class tribe loool

Second class afonja from bini

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Yinibixema: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2020
LegendHero:

You graduated from applied geology futa?
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Osaze007: 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
jimyjames:

No be my forefathers then conquer use 3m do suya
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by jimyjames(m): 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2020
Osaze007:

No be my forefathers then conquer use 3m do suya

Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by LegendHero(m): 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
Yinibixema:

You graduated from applied geology futa?

Yeah. Are you also a graduate of FUTA AGY?
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by orisa37: 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
Wishful thinking. What's your Business?
Re: Why Do Muslims In The South West Think They Re Majority by Feemmy(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes, Muslims elites are leading In political things of SW.
that's people thought that SW are predominantly Muslims
I don't think there is any Muslim Governor in the South west

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2021 Budget: Works Ministry Votes N1 Billion For Projects Supervision / Bureaucracy, Cash Crunch Stall E-Passport Issuance / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.