Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

$4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs (57821 Views)

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / My Senior Brother Has Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by delishpot: 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Empiree:
guy, don't pressure him to talk. A lot happen but I won't say much. He definitely knows there are several legal ways to send money but this receiver most likely doesn't even know his brother's condition.

First all, you guys are just talkin and you have no idea what his US brother's going through.

Second, sending such money at once like that raises red flag. They require his ID and he fills special form detailing his income.

These things may trigger investigation which he wanted to avoid which was the reason he used this means. Unfortunately things happen.

There are times you send money through WU, MG etc that raise red flags but you people keep talking about he should have used WU. You think you can just send such amount like that?. That amount is huge in the eyes of the law. Although, they may overlook the first time but if he send another equivalent amount or just a little less withing short period of time it will trigger investigation. You guys don't understand.

I'm not suggesting he's may be doing illegal stuff. If this is the case then I don't support it. But I am saying that even if his source of income is legal and he's making cool cash he can't just send money anyhow. You never know if his brother has been sending money legally consecutively until he decided to send this huge amount. Doing so would trigger investigation in the US if sent through WU etc.

WU agent may have been informed authority to keep tab on him.

My advise for this guy is, he should call Abuja office and talk to supervisor for possible resolution. But one thing is clear if they decide to release the money, it is gonna be half and half. This in itself is illegal but at least this is nija.

abiolap89

He should not call custom in Abuja, he should call those same people and ask for their address, he will know from their replies. Most of them scanners will try to give him some random address.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by 2buffagain(m): 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2020
Viserion:

please in case of next time, educate your brother on cryptocurrency, he would have sent you such amount of money through bitcoin wallet instead. I get angry when I see such happening

It's funny when I hear people talking about crypto like it's some straight forward thing.

Transfer through crypto involves the sender registering on a market, buying it, sending it,
sender registering on a market, receiving it, selling it on the market for cash at a potentially reduced rate than it was bought for, paying fee to market to withdraw it, wait for the withdrawal to bank.

Why not just send a simple bank wire and pay a simple flat fee? It's cheaper and faster!
Una too like to dey form blowing guy on top wetin una no understand. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by DedeNkem: 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.

There's more to this story. No sane person would send $4800 via FedEx or any other package delivery services.

Why didn't you use your bank account to receive it? Even if you don't have a bank account (which I doubt), why didn't you use Western Union or MoneyGram?

This is money laundering and I'm not sure they'll give you the money. In fact, they may arrest you.

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Monday60655(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
They have used audio brother scammed you. That's life and d game. Life goes on. Just move on.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Viserion: 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
2buffagain:

It's funny when I hear people talking about crypto like it's some straight forward thing.

Transfer through crypto involves the sender registering on a market, buying it, sending it,
sender registering on a market, receiving it, selling it on the market for cash at a potentially reduced rate than it was bought for, paying fee to market to withdraw it, wait for the withdrawal to bank.

Why not just send a simple bank wire and pay a simple flat fee? It's cheaper and faster!
now wey dem seize the money, who loose?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Abcruz(m): 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.

When you're ready to tell us the whole story we would know how to handle your issue.

Wake up shocked
That "brother" is an imaginary figure posing as a scammer to defraud you more and more. If you go over to abuja to claim the funds they'll ask you to make another payment thereafter your eye go clear cry
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by 2buffagain(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
Viserion:
now wey dem seize the money, who loose?

Nobody for seize the money if dem wire am... They can only wire If the money was clean.

And if its not clean, then I'm happy it was seized. I will never support Nigerians traveling out to go and do illegal things in other countries.

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by GoodBoi1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2020
2buffagain:

You are making it sound complicated. Registering is a one time thing and it's not a big deal. The receiver might not even need to register. It's as simple as buy bitcoin with your credit/debit card. The bitcoin is deposited in your exchange wallet. Withdraw the bitcoin to your Nigerian bank account and transfer to recepient. Also the rates and fees are not high, it's very close if not at market rates. I haven't tried other platform but I've used binance and it was pretty straightforward
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by calabardick(m): 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2020
I wonder why this foolish local Champion thinks he can deceive us here.
Na your father send you money? Ole
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Viserion: 3:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
2buffagain:

Nobody for seize the money if dem wire am... They can only wire If the money was clean.

And if its not clean, then I'm happy it was seized. I will never support Nigerians traveling out to go and do illegal things in other countries.
my thoughts still with btc how many hours will it take to register and send..

I stand with btc
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by bigtt76(f): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
Bros ....ya money haf landed Lagos oooo https://www.nairaland.com/5668776/customs-seizes-8-million-lagos cheesy cheesy cheesy

abiolap89:
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Ashirioluwa: 4:06am On Feb 18, 2020
seunmohmoh:
This boss revolution is very cheap. How fast and reliable is it?
Very reliable but they will need to confirm your information before you can use that service. They will need either copy of your state ID or passport. They money get to your account within 1 hour
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Ashirioluwa: 4:09am On Feb 18, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

There’s no limit on Boss Revolution but you have to validate your identity. I’ve personally sent over $10K in a month and others have too.
Limit of $2999. When you go over that then you will need to provide your social security number. I do send more than 3k sometimes too.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by EgunMogaji2: 9:26am On Feb 18, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Limit of $2999. When you go over that then you will need to provide your social security number. I do send more than 3k sometimes too.

So you’re saying no limit then wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Aliko Dangote Visits Sugar Refinery And Plantation In Kwara State / My Visit To A Garri Processing Factory With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.