Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

$4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs (57820 Views)

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / My Senior Brother Has Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by felixawe(m): 10:51am On Jan 30, 2020
sunnymix:
thanks bro
Bitcoin is the best... as my bro WhatsApp me about the payment now, as I log into my wallet.. Bob see figure dey long... May mood go just change for pleasure shocked
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by kkulaja(m): 11:14am On Jan 30, 2020
pDudd:

Hahahahahahaha. Guy talk true jare. Na US I dey. Even illegal immigrants dey send money thru Western Union steady. So far as the recipient has a bank account in the receiving country, that money can be sent thru Western Union.

When you ready to talk true, na then we fit help you grin

No be him fault
Na the format the scammer/brother give am be dat
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by kkulaja(m): 11:21am On Jan 30, 2020
maasoap:

So, instead, he was defrauded! 17750 and 15750 naira?

Local
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Andy1985ng(m): 11:44am On Jan 30, 2020
Did they ban Western Union at the location where your brother stays?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 11:55am On Jan 30, 2020
Lexusgs430:

They did not want to pay, hence seizure....... Customs and FG don hammer......... smiley
Oh. What's the best way to go about it. I've always wondered
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by oviejnr(m): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2020
You’ve been SCAMMED
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by eldeens: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2020
kkulaja:

Him self him way no pure
He cannot prove the sender is really his brother
He wants to reap where he did not sow

Who will risk sending that kind of money stashed in a parcel.
Plus the Abuja/lagos story is a scammer tale

I tell you, the whole thing didn't add up
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
SpartanKing:
Western Union no dey work again? Na wah for una oooooo! What about wire transfer? So, because, you dey for Lagos, make that cash lost like that? If na FG job interview for Abuja, you no go go? Come on, move that ass and start preparing how to go claim your cash from those criminals!
Is transfer wire a good app?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by SpartanKing: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Is transfer wire a good app?
Did you mean " wire transfer?"
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
SpartanKing:
Did you mean " wire transfer?"
Transfer wise. Sorry. Or which one were you talking about
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Lexusgs430: 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Oh. What's the best way to go about it. I've always wondered

In a sane society, they would have to provide documentations, to trace source of funds...........

Azimo, Worldremit etc etc, would send money within 2 minutes (for a small fee)........
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by SpartanKing: 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Transfer wise. Sorry. Or which one were you talking about
Not Transfer wise! Wire Transfer is an electronic money transfer to a foreign currency account( DOMICILIARY Account) holder! I'll check out Transfer wise!
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Blame your brother for this because individuals are not allow to freight / ship currencies. No country in the world will allow that. There is so many app one can use to send money to Nigeria from USA
Bosss Revolution (Fee $3.99 to send $1000). You are only allow to send $2999 per month
Western Union (Fee $10 to $15 to send $1000)
Ping Express (Fee $13 to send $1000)
These apps will send it straight to bank account in Nigeria

Maybe the money is not legitimate. I am 100% sure that the money is not declare to Fedex at point of shipment.
This boss revolution is very cheap. How fast and reliable is it?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lexusgs430:

In a sane society, they would have to provide documentations, to trace source of funds...........

Azimo, Worldremit etc etc, would send money within 2 minutes (for a small fee)........
Into one's account directly right? Not like money gram where you go to bank to queue before getting it?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
SpartanKing:
Not Transfer wise! Wire Transfer is an electronic money transfer to a foreign currency account( DOMICILIARY Account) holder! I'll check out Transfer wise!
I'll have to send my account details to the person right?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Lexusgs430: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Into one's account directly right? Not like money gram where you go to bank to queue before getting it?

Directly direct into account........ Transfer received within 30 minutes, in most cases........
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Lexusgs430: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:

The bank code queue died a few years ago.............
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by SpartanKing: 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:
I'll have to send my account details to the person right?
Definitely! But, you have to go to your bank to get the right details, to eschew BOUNCED transfer! Every Bounced transfer attracts a penalty of $25!
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
SpartanKing:
Definitely! But, you have to go to your bank to get the right details, to eschew BOUNCED transfer! Every Bounced transfer attracts a penalty of $25!
I'm sorry but is it not the same bank details I use here that I will send to the person?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Directly direct into account........ Transfer received within 30 minutes, in most cases........
Recommend the best app for it please. I'm considering transfer wise.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by SpartanKing: 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:
I'm sorry but is it not the same bank details I use here that I will send to the person?
Savings account details is very different from Wire Transfer details: Swift code; ABA number; Bank Address; Correspondent bank details eg GT bank( Citibank, New York, for US Wire). Make your bank's customer care your best friend!
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Lexusgs430: 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Recommend the best app for it please. I'm considering transfer wise.

I have heard good things about transfer wise, but I prefer Azimo or Worldremit........
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I have heard good things about transfer wise, but I prefer Azimo or Worldremit........

I'll check it out now. Thanks
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by bluebay(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
You aren't suppose to statsh money inside a package. Especially the one coming to Nigeria for it will be considered as Money Laundering. I'll advice you to go to abuja or contact an agent to help you our.. But nor full assurance on the money
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by black9: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
Catchfirez:
Money laundering act straight to Jail. Don't even try to go there, na straight to prison. Talk true na your maga send the money.

By the way what's your package doing in Abuja when you are in Lagos. I believe you are being scammed or there is more to your story.

You fall for a old scam that as been existing since the time of Blackberry messenger. They will show you invoice and receipt of the shipping company. Guy you don pay mugu money.

Awon G boys, 4800 exactly, owo loading. Sha show solidarity for Simmer as you're receiving here

https://www.nairaland.com/5659966/nic-hanson-collabos-nigerias-simmer

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by frowland(m): 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
Hottdawgg:

The guy who scammed him is in Lagos. He may be no more than 2miles away

Lol
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Viserion: 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.
please in case of next time, educate your brother on cryptocurrency, he would have sent you such amount of money through bitcoin wallet instead. I get angry when I see such happening
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by 2buffagain(m): 3:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
That your package sounds illegal as heck.

I applaud the customs for seizing it.
OP speak truly. The ONLY reason you people are trying to smuggle that money in that way is because it is DIRTY MONEY. Nobody sends clean money in a package. It's cheaper to use an app or even wire for that.

You, your brother, or both of you, are criminal scum giving Nigerians a bad name the world over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Wickedtruths: 4:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
pDudd:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is the funniest comment here

grin grin grin grin grin

That guy na fool.
Them go tell am to pay money to "Custom Balogun" on Facebook wey dey sell 2014 Camry for 500k.

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Legendguru: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sent via luggage or what why not sent electronically
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by WeRblessed(f): 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

The declaration limit is $10,000 not $5,000

Thanks for correction.

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by EgunMogaji2: 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
WeRblessed:

Thanks for correction.

You’re welcome Madam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Aliko Dangote Visits Sugar Refinery And Plantation In Kwara State / My Visit To A Garri Processing Factory With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.