Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

$4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs (57818 Views)

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / My Senior Brother Has Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by id2019(m): 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.
That guy is not ur brother... It's a scam. Don't pay any money to anyone claiming custom person. U re being scammed... Run

7 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by bamasite2: 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
Them feel say na part of the 'national cake'

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Iko5000: 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
Either you Brother is clueless or he is hiding something from you . Anyone sending money like he did has something to hide ,no arguments.
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country nd he can't use western union cause he has no domincilary account nd besides he wanted to deliver goods to me so used d opportunity to stash the cash in there
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by greggng: 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.

That is money laundering. ...You could end up losing that money. ...we 've money gram , western union etc for sending money to love ones but he choses to launder the money cos he doesn't want to pass through due process. I pray you end up getting that money. First , they will find out from the USA authorities or wherever that cash is coming from ..,that is not a product of fraud....or scam. They will dig deeper to ascertain what job your brother do to enable him send such a fund ....Infact a lot of things will be duggged out about your brother. ...Next time is important he follows proper channels cos any money found in such packages are illegal ....in the past you won't even hear about what happened to it cos some fraudulent officers will share it and hope that your brother continue to follow such channel....legally nothing you can do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by STENON(f): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
sorry bro. what happen to your brother that didnt send through worldcredit, azimo or transferwise

3 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
Xisnin:
You are either a Maga or a Yahoo boy.
Nobody sends $4800 through mail except criminals.
I have sent $3k to my cousin for a project when I bought him some books he needed in school and yes, I hid them inside the books. 100 dollar bills in each page but that was about 3 yrs ago and they got to him alright so say things with facts.

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by JeffreyD1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
Dude they scammed you nobody sent you anything

This common scam you fall for it

4 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by dazzlingd(m): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
What happened to all the electronic platforms in the world....stacking cash like cowries in the 1800s

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by DexterousOne(m): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country nd he can't use western union cause he has no domincilary account nd besides he wanted to deliver goods to me so used d opportunity to stash the cash in there

You don't need domiliary account for western union
I have sent money to Nigeria while I was away without using western union
All I did was to walk into an agent
And do the needful

And the money is less than 10k usd so he would have sent it with no hassles

5 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

Speak the truth so we can help, are you such is your brother or someone posing to be a lover. I smell scam. A female friend of mine fell for this scam.

9 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by xynerise: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
You have been scammed.

Your brother indeed... undecided

9 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by AfroBeatDiary: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
All I'll say is stop smoking weed
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by GoodFaith: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
Your brother is crazy
money can be wired into your account-- just open dollars account
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by osazsky(m): 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
saajus:
Please, I don't understand. Why should your brother stash money in a parcel? I think it's illegal to do that. What are guys trying to avoid? There are tons of cheap ways Nigerians in the diaspora use to send money home, I am surprised you guys went for this archaic method. Something is fishy about you guys
I am sure that himself and his bro grew up in d north na Islamic sch full there na.i wont be surprised if our bro in d north havant had of d word western union or mobile bank app

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Gwagone: 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
E go even beta if your brother use the money buy ITunes cards then send am give you
Now, ati parcel o ati owo we no see
That thing dey pain

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by maimalari: 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
How did you pay custom duty? Did you pay into a Remita account? Or into some scammers account?

4 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by sunrise234: 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
Firstly did you have the FedEx tracking number if not you have been scammed

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by spiralwedge(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

You and your brother are d@ft. Sorry o. No offence

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by frowland(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
bigtt76:
The question is, did his brother tell him he sent money and if yes, did he also know his brother is based in Abuja before sending it there?

How is this a scam?

Do you expect OP to tell you it's a friend or acquaintance? So the brother did not tell him there was money there in the first place? Anyways, you can go ahead to believe whatever you like. Worrying that people still fall for this shipment scam.

4 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by youngkizo(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
Baba the dude is not being straight I strongly believe that the parcel isn’t sent by his bro it’s just all these boys that tricked him in and he has paid ���.
So no money is coming�

Catchfirez:
Money laundering act straight to Jail. Don't even try to go there, na straight to prison. Talk true na your maga send the money.

By the way what's your package doing in Abuja when you are in Lagos. I believe you are being scammed or there is more to your story.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

At this age of Technology you still find it difficult to move money around? Come on!

He should have gone with any of the cryptocurrency and you wouldn't waste much on custom fee. SMH

Nigerians are really backwards.

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by frankmoney(m): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
There are thousands of ways to send the money in a legit way if it's legal .. he would have used Western Union or direct bank transfer . You aren't telling us the full story . It sounds like money laundering

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
OP, please stop the joke. No such amount would have been allowed to fly at the origin in the first place. Those replying you by giving you advice are just like you...

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Catchfirez: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
youngkizo:
Baba the dude is not being straight I strongly believe that the parcel isn’t sent by his bro it’s just all these boys that tricked him in and he has paid ���.
So no money is coming�

Yes.. he wasn't telling the truth.. lol he don pay mugu money.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by MajorWarren: 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
If he did send the money I don’t think that’s allowed. Probably seen as some sort of money laundering, he shoulda known better.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by kid7soccer(m): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
if you have a brother abroad call him now and find out if he even sent a parcel, cause I feel you have been scamed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by alizma: 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
Good news, Nigerian custom is working. You brother sent money but didn't declared it. Unfortunately for him, such is ban in this new Nigeria.
Before you criticize the custom, ask your brother if you could do the same and get away with it just like that.
If we want Nigeria like America, we need to start doing things like they are done over there.
Finally if you need the money serious, go to abuja and follow it up otherwise forget it.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by NwaOhafia: 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
Catchfirez:
Money laundering act straight to Jail. Don't even try to go there, na straight to prison. Talk true na your maga send the money.

By the way what's your package doing in Abuja when you are in Lagos. I believe you are being scammed or there is more to your story.

I believe it's not his brother, his being scammed, same format was use for my neighbour a year back and the bad part is that he won't believe anyone telling him it's scam because those guys don't just do it ordinary.

My neighbour paid up to 70k, him eye no clear. A custom officer tell am say na scam, him no believe. If you ask him well those guy have being using him with lite Facebook because E no go ever connect. God go punish a these yahoo boys
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Kingspin(m): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
This is thief by custom officers

I don't what people are saying here.

Most people what work with any Nigerian institutions are potential thief
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Catchfirez: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
NwaOhafia:

I believe his being scammed, same format was use for my roommate a year back

Very old scam since the time of BBM. Them go even show receipt and tracking .. lol

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by dallyemmy: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
Collect it back or report the customs to EFCC
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by stagger: 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
In the UK, if you are moving more than 1000 pounds physically, you must show documentation to prove where the money came from, else it will be seized.

You cannot just put money in an envelope and ship it. Nigerian customs actually have a right to withhold those funds until you present proof of the source and indicate what it is to be used for. Indeed, sending cash via courier is actually prohibited!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Aliko Dangote Visits Sugar Refinery And Plantation In Kwara State / My Visit To A Garri Processing Factory With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.