Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen (1647 Views)

JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by icenti: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hello, I have a female friend in the US, Precisely Ohio, we have been friends for quite some time now (little of romantic friends and Just literally Friends like buddies).

Lately she has been asking me if there is anyway or anything she can do to get me down to the us, preferably to reside permanently. I thought of getting married to her but then i dont think she would agree to that option. However, she has a real estate business in her state. She's single, with 2 kids. is there anything she can do or i can do to go to the us with her. she's wwilling to assist me anyway i desire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by KendrickAyomide: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2020
Bring that woman aza make boys credit am. Use the money take travel on your own
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2020
Ekwensu eh Romance Mammy-Water

KendrickAyomide:

11 Likes

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by tadetobi: 11:12am On Jan 29, 2020
Let her give u job in her company bro, so wit dat u can apply for work visa and if granted during ur stay within 3-5 year work ur way out fr permanent resident

4 Likes

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by hammed71(m): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2020
tadetobi:
Let her give u job in her company bro, so wit dat u can apply for work visa and if granted during ur stay within 3-5 year work ur way out fr permanent resident
true
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by Iamicekid(m): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
Since she is a citizen, tell her to file for an invitation letter for you with that you will be granted 6month visa and then when you get there you can process your stay
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
Aside marriage a work visa, dual intent visa etc can do the trick

1 Like

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by hammed71(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
op try and do what tadetobi told you , I think its better than her sending invitation letter which would not work
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by partnerbizn4(m): 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
KendrickAyomide:

You mean to get the woman's account for G boys to credit?

1 Like

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by KendrickAyomide: 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
partnerbizn4:

You mean to get the woman's account for G boys to credit?
exactly
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by esteeino13(f): 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Aside marriage a work visa, dual intent visa etc can do the trick
Boss please tell me more about that dual intent visa and how it works
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by partnerbizn4(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
exactly
The woman will be arrested eventually naa.
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
esteeino13:

Boss please tell me more about that dual intent visa and how it works
This kind of visa are the ones that are for non-immigration purpose but, as a result of it's nature immigration can be offered later by adjustment of a. E.g P- visa (for athlete/sportsman) and K- visa (partner/relationship), O visa (extraordinary ability). With the following they are granted with non-immigration purpose but, along the way e.g an athlete can fall in love with a model as they can spend over 3 years in their Sport career over there etc

1 Like

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
Invitation letter will do the trick.

However let her talk to her lawyer, they know better.
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by ttmacoy: 10:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
if it was that easy every Nigerian who knows someone in the US would have got them to form a company to hire them and get a work visa.

tadetobi:

2 Likes

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by tadetobi: 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
ttmacoy:
if it was that easy every Nigerian who knows someone in the US would have got them to form a company to hire them and get a work visa.

Yes u r right but at times wat doesn't work for A might works for B.
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by tadetobi: 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2020
ttmacoy:

Or better still, she can talk to her layer about it they knows better
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by ttmacoy: 1:14am On Jan 30, 2020
It is expensive to sponsor a work permit hence why it tends to be larger companies who do so rather than smaller ones.

Secondly it will be very difficult for a small realtor firm to prove that she needs to bring in the skills she needs from Nigeria ie she cannot find someone local to do the job. Such jobs need to be advertised for a minimum amount of time and lawyers prove they can’t find someone in the US to do the job.

After all that the application process is pretty much a lottery, there are only 65k H1b visas a year and it’s always over subscribed with about 200k or more applications from all the numerous consulting and outsourcing firms especially those from India.

If you manage to get through all that how will the conversation at the embassy go? That you are an expert on the US realtor market (despite no license etc) and you are the only one who can do the job? Also realtors are licensed in their respective states so I don’t see how you can prove you are an expert from Nigeria.

Trust me the chances are so slim to none.

tadetobi:

Or better still, she can talk to her layer about it they knows better

3 Likes

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by KendrickAyomide: 5:39am On Jan 30, 2020
partnerbizn4:

The woman will be arrested eventually naa.
lol don't do it o. I'm just kidding. If u don't want her to get into trouble..
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by tadetobi: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2020
ttmacoy:
It is expensive to sponsor a work permit hence why it tends to be larger companies who do so rather than smaller ones.

Secondly it will be very difficult for a small realtor firm to prove that she needs to bring in the skills she needs from Nigeria ie she cannot find someone local to do the job. Such jobs need to be advertised for a minimum amount of time and lawyers prove they can’t find someone in the US to do the job.

After all that the application process is pretty much a lottery, there are only 65k H1b visas a year and it’s always over subscribed with about 200k or more applications from all the numerous consulting and outsourcing firms especially those from India.

If you manage to get through all that how will the conversation at the embassy go? That you are an expert on the US realtor market (despite no license etc) and you are the only one who can do the job? Also realtors are licensed in their respective states so I don’t see how you can prove you are an expert from Nigeria.

Yes i know and what i meant by she might speak to her lawyer is to find if there is any means she could get how beloved brother here to the State. Moreover i see u knw more about this migration stuff with d way u comment i like it, u can help the brother out if u know any possible means he could get to state wit d help of State citizen friend of his
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by Manuelmarvyy(m): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2020
Why not use fiance K1 Visa...oh, you don't have plans to marry her. But that's the easiest way!
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by dontay(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2020
Manuelmarvyy:
Why not use fiance K1 Visa...oh, you don't have plans to marry her.
But that's the easiest way!

Greetings bro, I would really like to get some information about this. Can you enlighten me abit. Would be expecting a reply from you. Or a direct message if possible. Thanks.
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by ttmacoy: 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
Unfortunately, the only option I see which is quick is and cost efficient is via marriage. If you were her real brother she could sponsor you but that takes a long time, possibly up to 10 years depending on the category you fall.

Or get her to invite you for a visit visa and as some people do try to find your way. I do not recommend this approach as it's a tough life trying to live as an illegal immigrant, but it is an option. Or if she can sponsor you to come as a student, this depends on her financial capacity and if her desire to have you in the US is enough for her to spend the significant sums required smiley.

tadetobi:

Yes i know and what i meant by she might speak to her lawyer is to find if there is any means she could get how beloved brother here to the State. Moreover i see u knw more about this migration stuff with d way u comment i like it, u can help the brother out if u know any possible means he could get to state wit d help of State citizen friend of his
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by ttmacoy: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by ttmacoy: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2020
With fiancee visa you should be ready to get married within 90 days of arriving in the US if not you will be out of status and be an illegal immigrant which takes you back to my post above.

dontay:

Greetings bro, I would really like to get some information about this. Can you enlighten me abit. Would be expecting a reply from you. Or a direct message if possible. Thanks.
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by odigiri1983(m): 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
ttmacoy:

That's it.
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by Alvin212(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
Na person client you wan marry ooo.

Listen up my guy, run her street.
Cash-out and enjoy life with younger babes.
Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by EgunMogaji2: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
ttmacoy:

You are very patient. I don't even bother responding to their kakamiemie schemes.

1 Like

Re: Aside Marriage, How Can I Leave Nigeria For Us With A Us Citizen by Asquare84(m): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Can't he pass through the desert way

(1) (Reply)

Help Traveling To Pardubice In Czech Republic / Need Uk Or Soutafica Visa To Get My Passport Stamped .(need Help) / Uk Visa Urgent Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.