Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? (4142 Views)

Is Chevrolet Aveo 2007 A Good Car Or Have I Wasted My Money? / Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 / Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by mmb(m): 7:46am On Jan 30, 2020
nurey:
A 2007 Benz 3.5L engine 600k

A 2007 Toyota/Lexus 3.5L engine 300k

later they will say Benz parts are cheaper than toyota, God don catch them today grin
E350 complete engine is around 400-450k i think, while borale is 300k

1 Like

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Inception(m): 7:48am On Jan 30, 2020
nurey:

later they will say Benz parts are cheaper than toyota, God don catch them today grin

I think the highlighted price is only speculative

but still

grin grin grin
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 30, 2020
radautoworks:

You missed my point. The engine is pretty much guaranteed to be good. No return needed

Even brand new engines that have gone through hours of rigorous testing have turned out to be defective. It's a used one that can't have issues?

Besides, if that engine has a zero probability of being defective as you would have us believe, it won't have a return policy. If it has a return policy, then there's a probability of failure no matter how small it is.

So I ask again, who bears the cost of logistics and shipping IF the engine turns out to be defective.
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by radautoworks: 9:01am On Jan 30, 2020
rationalmind:

Even brand new engines that have gone through hours of rigorous testing have turned out to be defective. It's a used one that can't have issues?

Besides, if that engine has a zero probability of being defective was you would have us believe, it won't have a return policy. If it has a return policy, then there's a probability of failure no matter how small it is.

So I ask again, who bears the cost of logistics and shipping IF the engine turns out to be defective.

Whatever you say, you are right cool

7 Likes

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Inception(m): 9:06am On Jan 30, 2020
radautoworks:

Savage embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 30, 2020
radautoworks:

Yeah, I thought as much smiley . Quick question though, why are you not importing the engines to sell grin
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by 9icetoo(m): 9:39am On Jan 30, 2020
nurey:

You don't understand the logic. It means that it will be changed only once.
I wonder why the follow come failed if indeed it was made with superior materials and workmanship? undecided
Let's not derail op's thread sha.
In my opinion, buy another engine there only if it has been tested and certified okay and you have someone over there to verify it.
If not, jejely go buy engine for Ladipo so you can re5urn it if it's defective.
If you are truly reselling, I don't think you should bother about replacing engine. Sell as is and let buyer bear the responsibility.
More things could go wrong while that engine is being replaced and you will be left with an undriveable and unsellable car.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by radautoworks: 10:35am On Jan 30, 2020
rationalmind:

Yeah, I thought as much smiley . Quick question though, why are you not importing the engines to sell grin

Who told you we weren't?

1 Like

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by radautoworks: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2020
Inception:

Savage embarassed

Abi? No one should use burglar proof again because it's been broken through a few times.

1 Like

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by halima83: 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2020
It seems you experts have derailed from my topic.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by funkymeky: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2020
Please who knows of good auto shop where i can service my lexus es 350 in port harcourt and a good ac technician will be very much appreciated. I have searching for days now
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
9icetoo:

You don't understand the logic. It means that it will be changed only once.
I wonder why the follow come failed if indeed it was made with superior materials and workmanship? undecided
Let's not derail op's thread sha.
In my opinion, buy another engine there only if it has been tested and certified okay and you have someone over there to verify it.
If not, jejely go buy engine for Ladipo so you can re5urn it if it's defective.
If you are truly reselling, I don't think you should bother about replacing engine. Sell as is and let buyer bear the responsibility.
More things could go wrong while that engine is being replaced and you will be left with an undriveable and unsellable car.
You don see where them dey buy Benz weh no dey move before undecided
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by 9icetoo(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
nwanneni:
Yep. I've got a couple of guys who did that. One bought an ml500. The engine was cheap though. The other bought an s class with a dead engine. Its running now too. A cousin bought an amg coupe ( can't remember the model ) with faulty balloon suspension which hasn't been fixed since purchase. Yeah, some people buy cars with dead engine if the price is right.
I don't think ops engine is not totally dead.
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by 4crownfortress(m): 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
halima83:
is this Mercedes E350 a good buy at that price?

The price is $1700 + $80 fees

i want to buy for resell in Nigeria.

please expert advice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-E-SERIES-/193306077504?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=BReDS1vrKLr1c3lR%252BMezja4s5HA%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

cc: radautoworks, gazzuzz, Luxurydriverng, shortgun, Kuntash

Don’t buy to resell... it doesn’t move, you might end up using it yourself

1 Like

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Lexusgs430: 4:22am On Feb 02, 2020
halima83:
It seems you experts have derailed from my topic.

Just accept a non paying strike on the chin...... Buying a car with a faulty engine, with the sole intention to resell + importation duties + shipping logistics + wharf rats infestations = looks like might end in tears.........
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2020
halima83:
is this Mercedes E350 a good buy at that price?

The price is $1700 + $80 fees

i want to buy for resell in Nigeria.

please expert advice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-E-SERIES-/193306077504?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=BReDS1vrKLr1c3lR%252BMezja4s5HA%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

cc: radautoworks, gazzuzz, Luxurydriverng, shortgun, Kuntash
engine bay looks cannibalised
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2020
KINGreignn:

Personally, I won't pay more than $600 for that sedan as is. It's the worst Mercedes produced.
you condemn cars a lot. Why?

1 Like

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2020
halima83:
do you have keke marwa
na very loaded guy o. But he condemns cars once not lexus
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 9:50am On Feb 02, 2020
nwanneni:
I love this. Coming from a Benz user.
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 9:55am On Feb 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Just accept a non paying strike on the chin...... Buying a car with a faulty engine, with the sole intention to resell + importation duties + shipping logistics + wharf rats infestations = looks like might end in tears.........
I don't think op realised the engine was bad before purchase. She saw $1700, 2007 E350, sparkling body and jumped at it. Op, if the car hasn't been shipped, this is my advise. You never intended using that car personally. It will cost you a lot to import and fix. Profit will be eroded. Find a way to take the car for resale to copart. Iaai will not accept it. If you are lucky, it could sell up to $1200 there. You get your money back. At least more than 50%. You can reach me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 02, 2020
chukel:
I love this. Coming from a Benz user.
Honestly,no one buys it or if at all they do,they will buy only at crayfish price.
2 years ago when my engine of my merc died,I had all sorts of people even from here,some of them bashing the same mercedes fighting over themselves to purchase it like that oh,but offering me ground nut money.
I told them point blank that I rather die than sell at any nonsense price,so I bought new powertrain and it is still in my garage as we speak.
Many people mercs simply because it is expensive to own,no other fancy reason!

3 Likes

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2020
nwanneni:
Honestly,no one buys it or if at all they do,they will buy only at crayfish price.
2 years ago when my engine of my merc died,I had all sorts of people even from here,some of them bashing the same mercedes fighting over themselves to purchase it like that oh,but offering me ground nut money.
I told them point blank that I rather die than sell at any nonsense price,so I bought new powertrain and it is still in my garage as we speak.
Many people mercs simply because it is expensive to own,no other fancy reason!
is it not the C class?
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Lexusgs430: 10:14am On Feb 02, 2020
chukel:
I don't think op realised the engine was bad before purchase. She saw $1700, 2007 E350, sparkling body and jumped at it. Op, if the car hasn't been shipped, this is my advise. You never intended using that car personally. It will cost you a lot to import and fix. Profit will be eroded. Find a way to take the car for resale to copart. Iaai will not accept it. If you are lucky, it could sell up to $1200 there. You get your money back. At least more than 50%. You can reach me.

Let's hope she has not yet paid the $500 deposit .................
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 10:19am On Feb 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Let's hope she has not yet paid the $500 deposit .................
exactly. She can still chicken out. Halima83, if you haven't paid, reach out to the seller. Apologise for inability to pay. I have done it before. It works. I have even done it on copart. Lol. My early days with copart. It worked. Even if you have paid the $500, you can still let it go and inform the seller you are pulling out.
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Lexusgs430: 10:20am On Feb 02, 2020
chukel:
exactly. She can still chicken out. Halima83, if you haven't paid, reach out to the seller. Apologise for inability to pay. I have done it before. It works. I have even done it on copart. Lol. My early days with copart. It worked. Even if you have paid the $500, you can still let it go and inform the seller you are pulling out.

$500 expensive lesson ...................
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by KINGreignn: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2020
chukel:
you condemn cars a lot. Why?

Boss, not that I condemn cars alot for no reason. A lot of reasons make me do so. For someone who's technically versed I can do almost any car without much challenge, but it becomes a different ball game when someone who isn't technically sound do these cars.
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by KINGreignn: 10:36am On Feb 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

This is what I was trying to enlighten madam halimat, but she felt insulted by my little insight.
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by KINGreignn: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2020
chukel:

This is what I saw that made me give the comment but she felt badly hurt by it. We all know how car sales in this part of the world is. It's not like the US or EU where you could still get some value off it.
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 10:38am On Feb 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

much worth it bro. The labor in fixing that engine here is issue. If she ends up in ladipo, that vehicle will never be the same. If she visits aunty Radu, she may cough out more than $500 for labor to fix the engine. Let her just part with the sum. Or close down her eBay account, if $500 is roo much for her
Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

you remember this lady? She claimed in 2017 she mistakenly bought a non driveable Toyota edge (she said a Toyota Corolla but showed pics of Ford edge when asked for pictures). Someone tried to prove she fabricates stories. She may be back again. Hpw can she be making same mistake in 2020.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by Lexusgs430: 11:10am On Feb 02, 2020
chukel:
you remember this lady? She claimed in 2017 she mistakenly bought a non driveable Toyota edge (she said a Toyota Corolla but showed pics of Ford edge when asked for pictures). Someone tried to prove she fabricates stories. She may be back again. Hpw can she be making same mistake in 2020.

I remember that story..... Nairalanders, una no dey 4get o.... Una go just mark moniker, like Ibadan man face........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? by chukel(m): 11:11am On Feb 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I remember that story..... Nairalanders, una no dey 4get o.... Una go just mark moniker, like Ibadan man face........ cheesy
lol. You were there seriously contributing. Let her tell us how the Ford edge went before we continue on this. With full picture evidence o. Not even talking of the bedwetting issue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Difference B/W Corolla LE And Corolla Sports ? / A/C & Fuel Consumption In Cars / Photo: 1957 Old School Vintage Mercedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.