Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor (36380 Views)

Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) / Ronke Ajayi Vows To Sell All Her Properties To Buy Buhari's Nomination Form / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by amazonguru: 8:55am On Jan 29, 2020
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Mariangeles(f): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2020
It shouldn't matter where he comes from, what should matter is his competence.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Techdra: 8:57am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

SS is SS and SE is SE...

Emefiele has taken that of SS.

SE is a to zone and her appointments belongs to SE and not by any proxy of names.

Abaribe should not allow that name scale through.

Let the right thing be done...enough of that mind games.

SS should learn to mind their business not looking for proxy to always play fast one.... Nonsense.

All I see is the SS being much more politically relevant than 5%... I know what the article says anyway.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by eedimo(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2020
If they don't appoint him, would they appoint me?
NEXT...
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Realdollars: 9:00am On Jan 29, 2020
Attention!!! Finally, God has forgiven Satan after eons of years, on the ground that Nigerians are God's real enemy, they oppose God and do evil more than Satan.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Techdra: 9:01am On Jan 29, 2020
majamajic:

U are right

But how Delta take be South south when it's actually sitting on top Anambra a South east

Na Jonathan I dey blame , if not we shouldn't have land here

Well Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Edo and Delta are all SS states. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 29, 2020
Blackking98:

Are you Igbo? If no then let the igbos decide, More over CBN governor is not based on zoning, the president can choose who ever he pleases so Godwin isn't involved. The obiora guy might even be able to trace his grandfather's roots to the South East we might not know, it's just like me here, my maternal grandfather is an ibibio man but he moved to calabar when he was 4years old with his mum, he naturalized and even died as a prominent Efik cheif, all his children are Efik, his case is not peculiar, many efiks can trace their ancestry to Akwa Ibom and vice versa, same might be the case of obiora who got the opportunity and decided to take it on behalf of his previous father's. This is what happens when u create artificial boundaries to separate blood related people

See if it a woman it is quite understandable...maybe she is from SE and married in SS or vice versa.

If it is people like Ngozi okonjo Iweala it is understandable because she is from both Delta and Abia state.

Even current supreme Court judge Mary Odili is representing Supreme court slot of SE. She is from Imo state but married to Peter Odili in Rivers state

But this one na man.. Nothing to correlate or make it understandable.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jaxxy(m): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2020
We let our tribal sentiments get the best of us even against our productivity. That is Grand Stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by EagleSquare1(m): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2020
It will be recalled that Generals Buratai (Army Chief) and Monguno (National Security Adviser) as well as the President’s Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari. are all indigenes of Borno State.

quote author=agwom post=86195940]

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/mixed-reactions-trail-buharis-nomination-of-emefieles-kinsman-as-deputy-governor.html[/quote]
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by IrohCaysen: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
Wailers' problems is as big as this...
[/s]
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Igbodicool(m): 9:10am On Jan 29, 2020
Win win for Igbo nation...
Nigeria political and geographical delineation is a sham and scam!
No Igbo man is more Igbo than the other to those who are proud of their Igboness...
Igbos across the Niger are not more Igbo than Igbos before the Niger!
God bless you Dedem Obiora...
God bless Igbo Nation...
God bless Africa!

10 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by IrohCaysen: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2020
[s]
post=86197534:

Some people job in life is to talk and find fault in EVERYTHING!
So there is no iota of suprise in this.
They can keepl wailing and finding fault till the end of the world.
Na dem sabi....
A New and better Nigeria is all we want.
A New and better Nigeria is what we shall get BGG.

Jamming Cashbee LET DEM SAY at the moment on 3rd Mainland Bridge........
[/s]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by SalomonKane: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2020
If he picked someone from the north, this same mofos will be the ones shouting.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Urchman200: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Pure violation.

How can someone from SS claims he is representing someone from SE.

Nonsense

Nnanna is from SE and should be replaced with SE person.

Other zones have their own representatives there and now Emefiele wants to play smart on people's head.

How can someone from SS be representing SE slot. How does that sound to the hearing.

Is it that that SE doesn't have qualified men and women to take her position?

That name should not scale through the Senate..

Buhari should do the right thing.
this government is setting a bad precedent all in a bid to spite on the south east people 4 not voting 4 him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 29, 2020
jimyjames:

If the right thing is to be done then let all the Igbo speaking tribes be carved under one geopolitical zone that was known as east central

you had east central region before, your resources were your own, you didnt have to go to Abuja for money, rapid development was taking place, then you decided 1st to stage coup and then civil war and states were created to contain your expansionist tendencies, now today you are talking of east central state. Funny!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by DeepSight(m): 9:15am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

So SS Should be United in taking what belongs to others?

SS questioning the appointment are right and completely correct.

Emefiele is CBN Governor and that's SS slot. Why will he bring another person from SS to take SE position.

This is outrightly wrong.

Please since when has there been anything like "slots" for zones or any form of zoning in determining the management of the Central Bank?

Since when did it become a policy in this country that when a civil servant retires, he must be replaced by someone from his zone or state?

Please tell me.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Continue dreaming.

Let Someone from SE be nominated for the position.

Others regions has theirs.

Someone from SS won't come and claim he is representing SE.

We have 6 zones and each zone must have their representatives their.

See what politics is doing to you.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by CSTR2: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

If forced to pick an Ibo man, Northerners would only pick Delta Ibos or Ibos in South South

i dont blame them i really dont!! how they humiliated North and SouthWest during the first bloody coup... openly killing revered Northern and Southewestern Politicians and Military men, throwing them to rot on the street while they gloated on radio as being superior to others and then chest beating, or when Aguiyi ironsi and Constituitional Lawyer Prof Ben Nwabueze centralised our governance and filled civil service to brim with their kinsmen

go on Facebook and see grown ibos from SouthEast openly display hate, curse and insults on yorubas and Northerners, then check the ditribalised comments from SouthSouth .. this alone would give you insight of the reasons of mistrust

But somehow you managed to miss the civil war that claimed 3 million lives.
And the first coup was carried out by the same delta igbo.
And the asaba massacre carried out by murtala Muhammad.

But clap for yourself for that very impartial post.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by majamajic(m): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2020
Techdra:

Well Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Edo and Delta are all SS states. Deal with it.

We know , who needs them ?

Edo and Delta are more of South West than South South
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jimyjames(m): 9:19am On Jan 29, 2020
isthatso:

you had east central region before, your resources were your own, you didnt have to go to Abuja for money, then you decided 1st to stage coup and then civil war and states were created to contain your expansionist tendencies, now today you are talking of east central state. Funny!

And are you aware the person who staged the coup was an Igbo man from delta?
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by selemempe: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

If forced to pick an Ibo man, Northerners would only pick Delta Ibos or Ibos in South South

i dont blame them i really dont!! how they humiliated North and SouthWest during the first bloody coup... openly killing revered Northern and Southewestern Politicians and Military men, throwing them to rot on the street while they gloated on radio as being superior to others and then chest beating, or when Aguiyi ironsi and Constituitional Lawyer Prof Ben Nwabueze centralised our governance and filled civil service to brim with their kinsmen

go on Facebook and see grown ibos from SouthEast openly display hate, curse and insults on yorubas and Northerners, then check the ditribalised comments from SouthSouth .. this alone would give you insight of the reasons of mistrust

funny enough it was a 'delta igbo' in the name of Nzeogwu that carried out the coup you mentioned...

Your hate for igbos have kept you awake all night... great

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by BeautifulMind2: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

SS is SS and SE is SE...

Emefiele has taken that of SS.

SE is a to zone and her appointments belongs to SE and not by any proxy of names.

Abaribe should not allow that name scale through.

Let the right thing be done...enough of that mind games.

SS should learn to mind their business not looking for proxy to always play fast one.... Nonsense.
Igbo wanner be, what was your reaction when Ngige's wife was nominated to represent Southsouth? ignorant fool stop causing disunity among Igbos face your life, dont bring disunity in your family to Igbo nation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by BreconHills(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

So SS Should be United in taking what belongs to others?

SS questioning the appointment are right and completely correct.

Emefiele is CBN Governor and that's SS slot. Why will he bring another person from SS to take SE position.

This is outrightly wrong.
Until you embrace meritocracy and not this funny federal character thing - your generation.will not optimize its potential. I dont mean generation in a derogatory or inferior sense - I was born way before most people on this medium. I come here to understand the thinking of 60% of the Nigerisn population. I would be foolish not to.

At the time Federal character became a thing the population of Lagos was less than 2m and the total population of nigeria was 59m. Applying Federal character to relatively small populations is easy. As population grows, maintaining balance is harder. This is why we have so many unnecessary federal agencies replicating functions and ballooning expense. If it were up to me, states that cannot function outside of revenue allocation should have less representation than states than can balance their books. Federal character has not worked. Yes it gives a semblance of fairness but it simply enshrined mediocrity and increases the cost of running the federal government. It is the poor and the young that pay the cost of federal character. Dont support an error made by another generation. Think outside the box.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Urchman200: 9:21am On Jan 29, 2020
Blackking98:

Can we bet? He will be confirmed, he's an Igbo man, don't know why you all are angry . Unless you value artificially created boundaries more than blood relation. I can bet he must have an Igbo wife from the SE. I am an ibibio man but the fact that efiks are in Cross river doesn't mean we shouldn't be happy for our kin. Sha na una sabi
let me even agree with u 4 a minute, how does ur own blood brother taking ur own share means u have collected ur share? Buhari is just been stupid, I don't support appointment I know it serves no body interests but the interests of those that appointmented them and their immediate interests.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:21am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

thats why you failed your education and failed totally at life check where nzeogwu is from?? You dwell in your brown roof skull mining cesspit and type every rubbish that come to ur head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by TheSyndrome: 9:27am On Jan 29, 2020
The Igbos should march to aso rock and decide...Nonsense.
Now i see that Nigeria should just breakup and let everyone go in peace.
Just look at the irrelevant thing that we are still having issues over undecided
Blackking98:

Are you Igbo? If no then let the igbos decide, More over CBN governor is not based on zoning, the president can choose who ever he pleases so Godwin isn't involved. The obiora guy might even be able to trace his grandfather's roots to the South East we might not know, it's just like me here, my maternal grandfather is an ibibio man but he moved to calabar when he was 4years old with his mum, he naturalized and even died as a prominent Efik cheif, all his children are Efik, his case is not peculiar, many efiks can trace their ancestry to Akwa Ibom and vice versa, same might be the case of obiora who got the opportunity and decided to take it on behalf of his previous father's. This is what happens when u create artificial boundaries to separate blood related people

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by id911(m): 9:30am On Jan 29, 2020
Igbo people, una dey funny I swear grin Some times when I hear a full blood Igbo man from Delta State, bearing Igbo names and speaking their language claim he's not Igbo but he's Deltan, I begin to laugh. But when it comes to appointments meant for Igbos, they'll gladly accept, then it becomes a problem for me to understand being from another tribe. When did you suddenly become Deltan? When Gowon created artificial boundaries right grin what about when another state is created out of Delta State in the future?

A Yoruba man in Kabba, Kogi State sees himself as a Yoruba man. In fact, one even warned me when I mistakenly say they are Northerners. Same as a Yoruba man in Illorin. A Fulani man sees himself as Fulani no matter which State or artificial boundaries he finds himself. An Igbo man in Delta or River would say he isn't Igbo but is ready to enjoy anything Igbo's supposed to enjoy. I don't seem to understand it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 29, 2020
isthatso:

you had east central region before, your resources were your own, you didnt have to go to Abuja for money, then you decided 1st to stage coup and then civil war and states were created to contain your expansionist tendencies, now today you are talking of east central state. Funny!

At no point in time did an 'East central region'(as you called it) exist.

What existed from 1954 to 1967, when Gowon created the first 12 states was the Eastern Region. Simple as that. No 'central' in between. Next, it was broken into East central, Rivers and Southeastern states in 1967 by the Gowon administration.

Be thus guided henceforth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 29, 2020
jimyjames:

And are you aware the person who staged the coup was an Igbo man from delta?
Ojukwu was from Delta too? bottom line is coup and civil war were instigated by Ibo. Before state creation nobody knew the difference between ibo ibo and delta ibo. ibo na ibo.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jikjimmy: 9:36am On Jan 29, 2020
yemmight:
One cannot satisfy Nigerians. Give them your left eye, they will still request for the right eye.
Yes, that's how it ought to be,why bring one eye when you are meant to bring the two?
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 29, 2020
mansakhalifa:

At no point in time did an 'East central region'(as you called it) exist.

What existed from 1954 to 1967, when Gowon created the first 12 states was the Eastern Region. Simple as that. No 'central' in between. Next, it was broken into East central, Rivers and Southeastern states in 1967 by the Gowon administration.

Be thus guided henceforth.

true but my point still stands. The ibo man created the problem he finds himself and the rest of Nigeria today. it is to check the ibo man that states were created to remove Oil from under the control of the Ibos, for fear they may use it to fund a secession agenda. it is to starve funding from the ibos that autonomous control of resources of regions were stopped and the rest of us are paying dearly for it since. The root cause of our problems and the stunting of our development that be traced to the events of 1966-1970.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jimyjames(m): 9:39am On Jan 29, 2020
isthatso:
Ojukwu was from Delta too? bottom line is coup and civil war were instigated by Ibo. Before state creation nobody knew the difference between ibo ibo and delta ibo. ibo na ibo.

We don't deny it, but why do you people claim Igbo's outside south east are not Igbo's anytime you want to politically marginalize Igbo?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Change: Patrick Obahiagbon Lampooned APC, See What He Said On Twitter / Osinbajo With Nigerian Celebrities / Why Buhari Took His Son, Yusuf On The Official US Trip – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.