Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,840 members, 7,828,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor (36382 Views)

Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) / Ronke Ajayi Vows To Sell All Her Properties To Buy Buhari's Nomination Form / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 29, 2020
jimyjames:

We don't deny it, but why do you people claim Igbo's outside south east are not Igbo's anytime you want to politically marginalize Igbo?
wetin concerm me? Ibo is ibo na una dey marginalize yourselves. Always shooting yourselves in the foot. If you dont get your way you always bring the house down....it's in your genes!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Abagworo(m): 9:41am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

If forced to pick an Ibo man, Northerners would only pick Delta Ibos or Ibos in South South

i dont blame them i really dont!! how they humiliated North and SouthWest during the first bloody coup... openly killing revered Northern and Southewestern Politicians and Military men, throwing them to rot on the street while they gloated on radio as being superior to others and then chest beating, or when Aguiyi ironsi and Constituitional Lawyer Prof Ben Nwabueze centralised our governance and filled civil service to brim with their kinsmen

go on Facebook and see grown ibos from SouthEast openly display hate, curse and insults on yorubas and Northerners, then check the ditribalised comments from SouthSouth .. this alone would give you insight of the reasons of mistrust

You are a small boy and forgiven for your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jimyjames(m): 9:44am On Jan 29, 2020
isthatso:

wetin concerm me? Ibo is ibo na una dey marginalize yourselves. Always shooting yourselves in the foot.

We shoot ourselves in the foot by not bowing and kneeling down to beg the north like people from south west , sorry but its in our blood we are not meant to beg

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 29, 2020
jimyjames:

We shoot ourselves in the foot by not bowing and kneeling down to beg the north like people from south west , sorry but its in our blood we are not meant to beg
hence you suffer, false pride, inability to resolve issues peacefully without shouting and vilolence. You must always be no 1, that is why anywhere you go there is conflict with your hosts, even amongst yourselves you dont get along.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Ifebazz(m): 9:48am On Jan 29, 2020
Nigerians and morality.
It is only when it doesn't favour them that morality or equity pops up.
Once na their ethnic, party or religion they become Voltron (defender of the constitution).
Do the ones you can and leave the ones you couldn't can.
Life goes on, whether you whine from now till next year.
Right in your very nose, Miss President fly una jets to party, heavens did not fall till now.
One man who compared Super Eagles with football clubs became Minister of Youth and Sports, heavens did not fall.
One man who can lie for the entire galaxy is still the Minister of Information. Heaven hasn't fallen.
One man who said any serious government can give 24 hours light in six months became Minister of two fat portfolios. Heaven has not fallen.
All Security heads are from one region, heaven has not fallen neither will it fall.
The dude in question is one brilliant and internationally acclaimed fella who is worth his salt. He's dotted all his 'i's and crossed all his 't's.
I don't think he got there simply based on Emefiele's kinsmanship. Check his resume first, you'd be intimidated.
We should instead, be proud that a young man is breaking into that stratosphere where only elders used to hold forte.
Nigerians should learn to see things true and through and learn to choose fights.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by omoharry(f): 9:50am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

SS is SS and SE is SE...

Emefiele has taken that of SS.

SE is a to zone and her appointments belongs to SE and not by any proxy of names.

Abaribe should not allow that name scale through.

Let the right thing be done...enough of that mind games.

SS should learn to mind their business not looking for proxy to always play fast one.... Nonsense.
Funny enough how will this affect the price of Garri and Rice in the market especially in what ever region whose sons and daughters have been selected for one political position or the other. sey them go share thier salaries among the poor people in their region? Finally, sey SE people sey SS ( especially the Delta Igbos) are one and thesame, why dem kon dey vex sey dem choose one of thier kin?na waoo!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jikjimmy: 9:51am On Jan 29, 2020
Blackking98:

Are you Igbo? If no then let the igbos decide, More over CBN governor is not based on zoning, the president can choose who ever he pleases so Godwin isn't involved. The obiora guy might even be able to trace his grandfather's roots to the South East we might not know, it's just like me here, my maternal grandfather is an ibibio man but he moved to calabar when he was 4years old with his mum, he naturalized and even died as a prominent Efik cheif, all his children are Efik, his case is not peculiar, many efiks can trace their ancestry to Akwa Ibom and vice versa, same might be the case of obiora who got the opportunity and decided to take it on behalf of his previous father's. This is what happens when u create artificial boundaries to separate blood related people
Yes, we know that very well because Calabar South, Calabar Municipality And Odukpani local governments which are originally the ancestral homes of the Efiks have today been literarily taken over by the Akwa Ibomites(The Ibibios) who came as settlers have over time abadoned their roots which is Ibibio and are today proclaiming themselves as Efiks. May God save the Efiks from this land grabbers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jimyjames(m): 9:52am On Jan 29, 2020
isthatso:

hence you suffer, false pride, inability to resolve issues peacefully without shouting and vilolence. You must always be no 1, that is why anywhere you go there is conflict with your hosts, even amongst yourselves you dont get along.

Right from the ancient times we lived peacefully without a king for centuries the division in the Igbo kingdom is caused by outsiders these are some of the reasons we want a nation of our own
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by obailala(m): 9:55am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

If forced to pick an Ibo man, Northerners would only pick Delta Ibos or Ibos in South South

i dont blame them i really dont!! how they humiliated North and SouthWest during the first bloody coup... openly killing revered Northern and Southewestern Politicians and Military men, throwing them to rot on the street while they gloated on radio as being superior to others and then chest beating, or when Aguiyi ironsi and Constituitional Lawyer Prof Ben Nwabueze centralised our governance and filled civil service to brim with their kinsmen

go on Facebook and see grown ibos from SouthEast openly display hate, curse and insults on yorubas and Northerners, then check the ditribalised comments from SouthSouth .. this alone would give you insight of the reasons of mistrust
But this your submission isn't logical; the first bloody coup you talk of was led by a young soldier called Nzeogu who hails from current day Delta state in south south Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 29, 2020
jimyjames:

Right from the ancient times we lived peacefully without a king for centuries the division in the Igbo kingdom is caused by outsiders these are some of the reasons we want a nation of our own

and when you get this nation of your own where will you eat? The most disadvantaged region in terms of resources is the present day SE. your people cannot survive inside the SE, you dont have land, you have few resources and you will be evicted from the rest of Nigeria so you wont be able to do your trading and commerce like you are currently enjoying. Your biggest resource is your enterprise but you need the market provided by the rest of Nigeria to thrive. Personally I hope your wish is granted, your wahala is too much!!

it is typical that you dont think before you act, hence coup and civil war that left you worse than you were before. if you leave you will find history repeating itself that you end up worse than you were before your unstrategic emotion fuelled actions.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

SS is SS and SE is SE...

Emefiele has taken that of SS.

SE is a to zone and her appointments belongs to SE and not by any proxy of names.

Abaribe should not allow that name scale through.

Let the right thing be done...enough of that mind games.

SS should learn to mind their business not looking for proxy to always play fast one.... Nonsense.
are we not one again? you guys always love to attach South South to yourself

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by ckmayoca: 10:02am On Jan 29, 2020
yemmight:
One cannot satisfy Nigerians. Give them your left eye, they will still request for the right eye.

Why would you give your left eye when the right eye is the important one.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by BeautifulMind2: 10:02am On Jan 29, 2020
id911:
Igbo people, una dey funny I swear grin Some times when I hear a full blood Igbo man from Delta State, bearing Igbo names and speaking their language claim he's not Igbo but he's Deltan, I begin to laugh. But when it comes to appointments meant for Igbos, they'll gladly accept, then it becomes a problem for me to understand being from another tribe. When did you suddenly become Deltan? When Gowon created artificial boundaries right grin what about when another state is created out of Delta State in the future?

A Yoruba man in Kabba, Kogi State sees himself as a Yoruba man. In fact, one even warned me when I mistakenly say they are Northerners. Same as a Yoruba man in Illorin. A Fulani man sees himself as Fulani no matter which State or artificial boundaries he finds himself. An Igbo man in Delta or River would say he isn't Igbo but is ready to enjoy anything Igbo's supposed to enjoy. I don't seem to understand it
And North are killing themselves up north, you are so United and you lost Kwara to Fulani because o communal war among yourselves, I can see the unity in West, three Christian governor in West support Amotekun while the Muslims doesn't

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 29, 2020
majamajic:

U are right

But how Delta take be South south when it's actually sitting on top Anambra a South east

Na Jonathan I dey blame , if not we shouldn't have land here
how enugu take be southeast when it is sharing border with kogi and benue

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jimyjames(m): 10:05am On Jan 29, 2020
We will be alright as long as our entire Igbo kingdom is carved back to us as it should be, and having a nation of our own doesn't mean our people will be imprisoned in one place and not allowed to go out to do business look around we are the most traveled ethnic group in Africa you will find thousands of Igbo's in each country all over the world, our ingenuity will see us through

isthatso:

and when you get this nation of your own where will you eat? The most disadvantaged region in terms of resources is the present day SE. your people cannot survive inside the SE, you dont have land, you have few resources and you will be evicted from the rest of Nigeria so you wont be able to do your trading and commerce like you are currently enjoying. Your biggest resource is your enterprise but you need the market provided by the rest of Nigeria to thrive. Personally I hope your wish is granted, your wahala is too much!!

it is typical that you dont think before you act, hence coup and civil war that left you worse than you were before. if you leave you will find history repeating itself that you end up worse than you were before your unstrategic emotion fuelled actions.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by BeautifulMind2: 10:05am On Jan 29, 2020
id911:
Igbo people, una dey funny I swear grin Some times when I hear a full blood Igbo man from Delta State, bearing Igbo names and speaking their language claim he's not Igbo but he's Deltan, I begin to laugh. But when it comes to appointments meant for Igbos, they'll gladly accept, then it becomes a problem for me to understand being from another tribe. When did you suddenly become Deltan? When Gowon created artificial boundaries right grin what about when another state is created out of Delta State in the future?

A Yoruba man in Kabba, Kogi State sees himself as a Yoruba man. In fact, one even warned me when I mistakenly say they are Northerners. Same as a Yoruba man in Illorin. A Fulani man sees himself as Fulani no matter which State or artificial boundaries he finds himself. An Igbo man in Delta or River would say he isn't Igbo but is ready to enjoy anything Igbo's supposed to enjoy. I don't seem to understand it
And North are killing themselves up north, you are so United and you lost Kwara to Fulani because of communal war among yourselves, I can see the unity in West, three Christian governors in West support Amotekun while the Muslims doesn't Can you show me evidence of any war between Igbos across the Niger and their brothers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Ogilinsaka: 10:09am On Jan 29, 2020
After they'd say they're not Igbos. Obiora is a TYPICAL IGBO name. QED!
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 29, 2020
jimyjames:
We will be alright as long as our entire Igbo kingdom is carved back to us as it should be, and having a nation of our own doesn't mean our people will be imprisoned in one place and not allowed to go out to do business look around we are the most traveled ethnic group in Africa you will find thousands of Igbo's in each country all over the world, our ingenuity will see us through

you think you will just leave Nigeria and suddenly have access to the things you enjoyed in Nigeria? You think the hausa or yoruba man will continue to allow Ibos knowing their ways to continue to own businesses , property and control our markets once they leave? You people do not think be fore you act. You will move around no doubt but 90% of you will be ejected from Nigeria. let me remind you that the whole SE is less than oyo state in area.

Ibos leaving Nigeria will amount to another shooting yourselves in the foot just like the coup, the civil war, the hate speech post 2015 (which means no presidency anytime soon. always putting yourselves in a worse position than you were to begin with and crying harder as a result.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Ogilinsaka: 10:12am On Jan 29, 2020
You don't have sense. Oh no! You don't

solmusdesigns:
cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Insectkiller: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

You are highly deludeddd..
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by jimyjames(m): 10:25am On Jan 29, 2020
The success of a country is not based on land mass, and you think the Yoruba's and Hausa's don't need Igbo traders in Nigeria? My friend they do

isthatso:

you think you will just leave Nigeria and suddenly have access to the things you enjoyed in Nigeria? You think the hausa or yoruba man will continue to allow Ibos knowing their ways to continue to own businesses , property and control our markets once they leave? You people do not think be fore you act. You will move around no doubt but 90% of you will be ejected from Nigeria. let me remind you that the whole SE is less than oyo state in area.

Ibos leaving Nigeria will amount to another shooting yourselves in the foot just like the coup, the civil war, the hate speech post 2015 (which means no presidency anytime soon. always putting yourselves in a worse position than you were to begin with and crying harder as a result.

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Blackking98(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2020
jikjimmy:
Yes, we know that very well because Calabar South, Calabar Municipality And Odukpani local governments which are originally the ancestral homes of the Efiks have today been literarily taken over by the Akwa Ibomites(The Ibibios) who came as settlers have over time abadoned their roots which is Ibibio and are today proclaiming themselves as Efiks. May God save the Efiks from this land grabbers.
Ato uke? Ado ayen Efik? Ado ukopusem? Rest guy, efiks are our brothers, can u differentiate between an Akwa ibomite and an Efik man? Please just rest if u have nothing to say, I'm not suprised you're from Central and nothern cross River, Still having sleepless nights over ibibios dominating them, fear not, God answered your prayers and divided the state, our Efik brothers aren't complaining, go back to your farm
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Blackking98(m): 10:30am On Jan 29, 2020
TheSyndrome:
The Igbos should march to aso rock and decide...Nonsense.
Now i see that Nigeria should just breakup and let everyone go in peace.
Just look at the irrelevant thing that we are still having issues over undecided
Lol take it easy, even me am suprised that it's an issue
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2020
Urchman200:
this government is setting a bad precedent all in a bid to spite on the south east people 4 not voting 4 him.

Exactly. They did this intentionally.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Blackking98(m): 10:32am On Jan 29, 2020
Urchman200:
let me even agree with u 4 a minute, how does ur own blood brother taking ur own share means u have collected ur share? Buhari is just been stupid, I don't support appointment I know it serves no body interests but the interests of those that appointmented them and their immediate interests.
Seems if he is forced to make an Igbo man appointed he picks the ones from the SS, it's not even an issue because they're one people with artificial boundaries.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Blackking98(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2020
Insectkiller:

You are highly deludeddd..

Highly deluded, the first coup was led my an Igbo officer from present day Delta State, tagged an Igbo coup, so u should know he's an illiterate.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by sweetgala(m): 10:38am On Jan 29, 2020
helinues:
I won't be surprised if those who are questioning the appointments of Obiora are same SS people...

Appointments always cause disunity among SS politicians

Seems to be it's more like SE
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 29, 2020
Lostz:
are we not one again? you guys always love to attach South South to yourself

If you see those attaching themselves to SS...talk to them...I don't do such.

Nigeria has clearly shown how everybody are. Make everyone dey their lane.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 29, 2020
Urchman200:
let me even agree with u 4 a minute, how does ur own blood brother taking ur own share means u have collected ur share? Buhari is just been stupid, I don't support appointment I know it serves no body interests but the interests of those that appointmented them and their immediate interests.

You replied him well.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by sweetgala(m): 10:42am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Buhari can care whatever he wants but on this issue it is simple and straight.

SS person nominating to serve as representative to SE in CBN is totally wrong and evil.

Let the right thing be done.

There is no Geo-political law in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 29, 2020
id911:

Very apt.
Re: Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor by majamajic(m): 10:43am On Jan 29, 2020
Lostz:
how enugu take be southeast when it is sharing border with kogi and benue

We are talking about positioning not borders , Edo and Delta are more of South West

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Slept At Polling Unit So They Won't Miss Election (Photo) / Pictures Of Heavy Equipments Moved To Boro Port. / Kiki Osinbajo Slays In Beautiful Photos, Flaunts Ring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.