Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? (24443 Views)

How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? / How Many Times Did You Sit For Jamb? / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by aalangel(f): 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
SilasNwude:
sure monkey does go to school and come out to be a better person cool

just like my late principal Ven T.U Mbanugo used to say then

Nice.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by DAVE5(m): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
EddyNumerouno:
One time.
JAMB didn’t even allow calculators back then

Wow, I don't remember writing jamb wit calculator sef... We try

Back to topic

Neco 1x
Waec 1x
Jamb 2x

First jamb, I do follow follow wit skool padi dem put unijos, I reach house pman say nothing go make me go jos even if nah expenses paid school, had to sit home and write the jamb again the following year...
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by DAVE5(m): 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
You should ask Buhari

The guy probably has never heard about jamb

Not my mouth ohh
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2020
WriterX:
took jamb four times and failed predegree the second to the last jamb I wrote was the weirdest ever ,it was the last time ppt option was available, finished like 35minutes before time ,assisted three people with theirs who eventually would call me to tell me thanks having passed theirs all 200+ ,I think the highest of them got 238 then and guess what I had ...178 i think I sat up that night like frozen lol , none even bothered to ask me how far lolz because of course they were expecting me to smash it.

but thanks to my aunt , she was patient ,kept encouraging , paid for lectures and books for me , she got me some job at some cafe to keep.me busy ,hmm I just finished my project as a final year student a week ago by march I am gone to serve my father's land.

now I think of it ,perhaps I could have asked for a remark hmmmm oh well its all good , mom I made it
Nice testimony. Your aunt was your Great Encourager. What was your course BTW?
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Tchange1(m): 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
Wrote waec 4 times.
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
6 times. WAEC gave me a form free of charge for the 7th attempt grin
kudos!!
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by damis28crown(f): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
larryking540:

Don't give up ooo,,for real try poly first
This is my own story

Out of all o level exam in Nigeria it is only napteb I didn't attempt

I wrote waec ,gce waec
I wrote neco ,gce neco
I wrote jamb multiple times

I became well know among all external invigilators coming around to schools I apply to and the one gce posted me to in Benin city /Edo state to the extent they were giving me discount in expo (sorry for such language) just form me to advise people to pay too for the expo ,,,,

But today the story is different I am an ond holder,a BSc holder and even though I thought my secondary class mate have or will have gone ahead of me ,I can proudly say right now with hands and places I have been they never even reach there

To those still writing exam mostly secondary students don't give up the future is near
wow thanks this really means alot
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
pretteemee:
I wrote waec once and passed but I wrote Jamb 6times. I never failed any of the six times, I had scores not less than 200 thrice and scored above 260 three times also but I never got admitted into my dream course. I got something close to that at the end but I still regret those years I wasted.
Don't ponder on those years dear. God will restore them to you. Just continue to be prayerful.
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by ganiyud2001(m): 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
Wrote waec 6x l only use combination no one result with maths and English so l use combine result and jamb 5x never got admission went for pre_diploma now l had graduated even had postgraduate this due to no sponsor and had hustle and study it not easy aha but thank God l come go the university with ease

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2020
kelvinrhs:
Waec =2 Times

Neco =1 Time

I was looking for English language

Jamb :

I registered for my first jamb in year 2015 but I was absent because of the fear of failing... (Also because I didn't really have a bearing in life yet and my mom just said that I shouldn't bother wasting the transportation fees)

Second jamb was in year 2016 and I scored 175(i was targeting 180 for the Nigeria police academy)

Third jamb was in year 2017, I read like something else especially since we had a very strong connection for the Nigeria police academy. They were all assuring me to just score at least 181.

My village people showed their self on the day of the exam, I used my legs to kick my socket and my desktop went off and had to rebooth twice for more than 30 minutes
I was left with 3 minutes and over 30 questions unanswered.

I just gambled and did ABBACCDAABDACD lol and submitted. I scored 195 at the end but my connections failed me at the end.

Fast forward to 2018 I had to restrategize on what I really wanted in life, I used a year to think and ended up doing nothing throughout the year

I sat for my 3rd jamb in year 2019, chose one of the best schools in Nigeria. I scored 219, even though I know I did not read a dime (I have read everything since 2017 lol)

Wrote my first post Utme and got my admission at my chosen university and I got my preferred course of study.

I thank God for my life, I actually did something on my own without using any form of connection or paying anybody to help me run anything.

I'll advise anyone reading this to read and pray and just commit everything in the hand of God.

He alone is able to change one's story and put one in the right direction
Something to learn here. I guess God wanted to teach you how to depend on Him; not man. What course and school BTW?
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by saasala(m): 10:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
Spontaneous007:
For three consecutive years I wrote waec and failed, neco failed, gce failed, nabteb failed...

I kan tire for life.
My dad told me my case wasnt normal that I should go for deliverance.
I went for deliverance, pastor told me that I should go and learn work. I learnt barbing but anytime I Barb customer hair my face use to swell up immediately due to the beating I'd receive after barbing the hair.

I stopped barbing and went to do normal hustle.
It was nothing to write home about. The betshop I worked was a dungeon for me. If I no short 5k today, I go break television or make me and customer fight. I was later sent off at the end of the month with 2500 after debt upon debt.

I was determined to go back to school so I registered for Waec again and jamb too.
Waec wrecked me, likewise did jamb jamb me.

After like two years Sha.. I thank God for life that i am now in unilag selling popcorn for students...

Oloriburuku ni e walai talai grin grin grin
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by larryking540: 6:06am On Jan 31, 2020
damis28crown:

wow thanks this really means alot

When I got admission to the poly which was actually against my dad wish ,it really helped me ,life in the university is different frm secondary school life o

While still in poly ,I took another jam and that was the Hit ,I had 2 admission poly which I was already and the university,.I started attending the 2 classes ,

If I show u my CV ,and u are not smart u will not noticed it that the same year I was in ND2 is the same year I was in the university

When God wan open ur way trust me even juju no fit stop am

Always use job in the Bible as an example ,even with all the blessings he had ,he lost it all just because devil wan test am ,and because not because he sinned oo,,and God gave a go ahead to the devil but he shouldn't kill him and that was wat God told the devil ,,

Just have faith

The secondary school friends u think they are now better than you or way ahead of u , just because they first u get admission ,trust me they have not gone far ,chill and keep God in prayers

No be who start race they always win am
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by KulSeun(f): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2020
Really interesting. I am here to encourage everyone that is feeling down

I finished Secondary school 2006 failed maths and English in o level, I deceived myself I went ahead to get Jamb same year for OAU I scored 212 , following year 2007 I re registered for O level again both waec and neco , same failed Maths again, I still seat for Jamb I scored 208 ,

NB: I was retaking jamb to keep my brain fresh!

I did not make it then I went back to street to hustle because I was already feeling ashamed of myself can't ask anyone for money again to re register....I keep trying every year but o level was the big challenge, 2013 I applied for diploma in Computer science in ATBU and along still keep trying to get my o level but Maths keep pulling me down I did not give up, even scored 222 in jamb same year ...i focused on the diploma program and I finished it with 4.26 cgp in 2015/2016, immediately I applied D. E and also register for o level but did not make maths again but I got the D.E admission but because I don't have complete o level screening disqualified me , immediately I went to ATBU Register to see if he can help me but assured me anytime I get my O level I should apply and will sure ge, the thing pain me well well, I went back to my street hustle and along I still try again for o level till last year 2019 I was able to make all the result.. I just applied D.E to ATBU, knowing that sure admission is sure by God's grace ..

Now let be realistic in situations when admission Into higher institutions becomes challenge, You will loose valuable and useless friends, friends will call you names some will even mock you to face , among family set up some will say things that will discourage You , Hurt you with their words, DONT LET IT GET THROUGH YOUR SOUL, STAY FOCUS, BE POSITIVE, BE PRAYERFUL AND STAY FOCUS..AND FOR THOSE JUST COMING

Life can only get better If you stay strong and focus!!

4 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by damis28crown(f): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2020
wow u're right thanks [quote author=larryking540 post=86251562]
When I got admission to the poly which was actually against my dad wish ,it really helped me ,life in the university is different frm secondary school life o
While still in poly ,I took another jam and that was the Hit ,I had 2 admission poly which I was already and the university,.I started attending the 2 classes
If I show u my CV ,and u are not smart u will not noticed it that the same year I was in ND2 is the same year I was in the university
When God wan open ur way trust me even juju no fit stop am
Always use job in the Bible as an example ,even with all the blessings he had ,he lost it all just because devil wan test am ,and because not because he sinned oo,,and God gave a go ahead to the devil but he shouldn't kill him and that was wat God told the devil
Just have faith
The secondary school friends u think they are now better than you or way ahead of u , just because they first u get admission ,trust me they have not gone far ,ch

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Chizzychinny: 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
liar
I never knew u r me, you should have told yourself the truth. You are dull doesn't mean everyone must be like you. Better don't marry someone who is like you else......
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Enemyofpeace: 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
Chizzychinny:
I never knew u r me, you should have told yourself the truth. You are dull doesn't mean everyone must be like you. Better don't marry someone who is like you else......
liar
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by OgaBuhari: 10:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
Torie8:
Waec 1 Jamb 1. Thank God say I pass am once, if not ehh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
why u dey lie?
U wey enter school as mama grin
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by OgaBuhari: 10:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
Chizzychinny:
this is a Faceless forum, you can be an Internet scholar but nobody cares.
So enjoy your cheap Fame and lies while it lasts
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Chizzychinny: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
OgaBuhari:
this is a Faceless forum, you can be an Internet scholar but nobody cares.
So enjoy your cheap Fame and lies while it lasts
so wat is ur business wit my comment since u don't care. Why do some people prefer lies? My dear I have never written any exam twice so it shouldn't pain u.
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by OgaBuhari: 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
Chizzychinny:
so wat is ur business wit my comment since u don't care. Why do some people prefer lies? My dear I have never written any exam twice so it shouldn't pain u.
and the Carry over courses nkor how did u scale thru them since u never wrote exams twice?
I'm suspecting STD things
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Chizzychinny: 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
OgaBuhari:
and the Carry over courses nkor how did u scale thru them since u never wrote exams twice?
I'm suspecting STD things
it's good to be intelligent, it's good to read, it's good to believe in urself cos it pays. Carryover was never in my dictionary, it was God and God did it for me . Change ur mentality and always believe in urself, be positive . U were not born to be a failure, try to be good. I'm done here, my comment was harmless and not to hurt ur feelings.
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by OgaBuhari: 11:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
Chizzychinny:
it's good to be intelligent, it's good to read, it's good to believe in urself cos it pays. Carryover was never in my dictionary, it was God and God did it for me . Change ur mentality and always believe in urself, be positive . U were not born to be a failure, try to be good. I'm done here, my comment was harmless and not to hurt ur feelings.
kindly send a pm let's talk cool
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Chizzychinny: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
OgaBuhari:
kindly send a pm let's talk cool
Hmm
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by OgaBuhari: 12:04am On Feb 10, 2020
Chizzychinny:

Hmm
there's something I'd like to reason with you cos I like your ideologies
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by mkpurumma090(f): 8:06am On Feb 10, 2020
Spontaneous007:
For three consecutive years I wrote waec and failed, neco failed, gce failed, nabteb failed...

I kan tire for life.
My dad told me my case wasnt normal that I should go for deliverance.
I went for deliverance, pastor told me that I should go and learn work. I learnt barbing but anytime I Barb customer hair my face use to swell up immediately due to the beating I'd receive after barbing the hair.

I stopped barbing and went to do normal hustle.
It was nothing to write home about. The betshop I worked was a dungeon for me. If I no short 5k today, I go break television or make me and customer fight. I was later sent off at the end of the month with 2500 after debt upon debt.

I was determined to go back to school so I registered for Waec again and jamb too.
Waec wrecked me, likewise did jamb jamb me.

After like two years Sha.. I thank God for life that i am now in unilag selling popcorn for students...
. So sorry

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Chizzychinny: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2020
OgaBuhari:
there's something I'd like to reason with you cos I like your ideologies
no b only reason
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by OgaBuhari: 9:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
Chizzychinny:
no b only reason
the email attached to this my account isn't working.
I'll probably send u a mail with my other moniker.
Thanks a lot
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by OgaBuhari: 9:53pm On Feb 10, 2020
mkpurumma090:
. So sorry
as in eh grin grin the guy story moved my tears lol
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Chizzychinny: 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
OgaBuhari:
the email attached to this my account isn't working.
I'll probably send u a mail with my other moniker.
Thanks a lot
Thank u too
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by OgaBuhari: 2:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
Chizzychinny:
Thank u too
hi dear Sorry I had issues sending u a mail.
pls drop your mail address or u send me a message via Ebenezertriumphs2020@gmail.com.
thanks a lot
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Chizzychinny: 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
OgaBuhari:
hi dear Sorry I had issues sending u a mail.
pls drop your mail address or u send me a message via Ebenezertriumphs2020@gmail.com.
thanks a lot
You're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Late Sylvester Oromoni's Candle Light Procession Held By Ijaw Indigenes (Photos) / Jamb Is Changing Our Subject Combinations!!! / How 2 BSU Students Drowned In Benue River. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.