Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo (510 Views)

When You're So Poor, You Do This...[Picture] / IF YOU Are Poor or From a Poor Home, Read This [Picture] / Being Broke At 25 Means You Are Poor - Lady Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo by King2kay(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2020
The former Minister of Constitutional Affairs Charles Njonjo of Kenya also known as the Duke of kabeteshire

has advised young men who are planning to marry not to be broke unless they should be arrested.

According to Njonjo he advised that no one should rush to get married before they have acquired financial stability.

Speaking while in Uganda for a gorilla tracking event, Njonjo said that he had to wait until he was 52 to get married.

“I don’t understand why men rush to marriage. Why would one want to punish someone’s daughter with poverty?

If you attempt to marry while you are poor, you should be arrested”

Njonjo said that marrying while been poor was punishing the generations to come.

Continue reading @https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/cce108fbcb16a53412447be5981aee68

Re: If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
space booked
Re: If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 29, 2020
Hmmm when they say a man is poor, what does it even mean?

A man should not have a 100 thousand dollars before he thinks of marriage.

As long you can cater for yourself, your wife and kids, then you can get married and build wealth with your wife.

Some men don't even get financial breakthrough till after marriage. It's a funny world we live in.

I know of a broke and jobless guy that got a lady pregnant, this guy don't even have 1 thousand naira in his bank account.

But the lady kept the baby, the day the baby was born, the guy won bet9ja of 15 million naira, True story.

The next week, he got a job in an oil company, in three months he got married to the lady and today he has six cars and the hotels in my town.

My point is some people come into your life and you are blessed.

This is why when it comes to Marriage, you must involve God In it, a little prayer won't hurt you.

The reason why Marriages fail is because the couple failed to lay the foundation on the GOD.

Apart from marriage, there are girlfriends that comes into your life and you see positive change in your Life.

So it depends on who you want to marry.
Based on the order of the Peaky blinders

2 Likes

Re: If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo by Ladylite: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2020
DaddySoftapple:

As long you can cater for yourself, your wife and kids, then you can get married and build wealth with your wife.

Some men don't even get financial breakthrough till after marriage. It's a funny world we live in.

I know of a broke and jobless guy that got a lady pregnant, this guy don't even have 1 thousand naira in his bank account.

But the lady kept the baby, the day the baby was born, the guy won bet9ja of 15 million naira, True story.

The next week, he got a job in an oil company, in three months he got married to the lady and today he has six cars and the hotels in my town.

This is why when it comes to Marriage, you must involve God In it, a little prayer won't hurt you.

The reason why Marriages fail is because the couple failed to lay the foundation on the GOD.

Apart from marriage, there are girlfriends that comes into your life and you see positive change in your Life.

Your point would have been valid if this was 1990 but sadly it's not.

Marriage is largely based on the economy, you are here talking of 100k, but you are forgetting that in Nigeria of today, 100k is the 10k of 20years ago.... And it will soon be the 1k of the next 10 years the way this country is going.

Never ever marry a jobless woman who is not working or doing sustainable businesss.... Stop telling people they will build with their wives..... Where will you find women who are builders.... The society has converted them to slay queens and ready-made huntresses

No Nigerian lady ready for marriage will build with anyone, everyone wants to marry someone who has built his or her live on their own.

Wake up and stop giving stale advice to people.

1 Like

Re: If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo by Heroclitus(m): 11:21am On Jan 29, 2020
Ladylite:

Marriage is largely based on the economy, you are here talking of 100k, but you are forgetting that in Nigeria of today, 100k is the 10k of 20years ago.... And it will soon be the 1k of the next 10 years the way this country is going.

Never ever marry a jobless woman who is not working or doing sustainable businesss.... Stop telling people they will build with their wives..... Where will you find women who are builders.... The society has converted them to slay queens and ready-made huntresses

No Nigerian lady ready for marriage will build with anyone, everyone wants to marry someone who has built his or her live on their own.

You were too quick to quote him that you didn't even noticed he mentioned $100k and not 100k in Nigerian currency
Re: If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo by vanida6: 11:26am On Jan 29, 2020
Ladylite:

DaddySoftapple:

Ladylite:

DaddySoftapple:

u guys get a points,,,, in fact u guys re genius wit dis comments!!
Re: If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Ladylite:

Sorry but you are getting This all wrong.

The fact that 100k of today was the 10k of the past does not exclude the fact that the Economy power of 10k of the past is almost as the same of 100k of today.

By the way, i didn't talk of marrying a jobless woman.
All i said is that as a man, you do not have to own millions In your bank account before you think of marriage.

As long as you can cater for a family, you can marry a woman and the both of you can build an empire ogether.

Though it's True, it will be hard to see a lady that will want to settle down and build an empire with a man, because most ladies want to to marry rich men and this is why i talked about GOD in my post.

It's our duty to ask God to find us the right woman.

Note: the right woman do not mean she will be perfect but a woman that can be the true wife and a true mother to your kids.

A woman that loves Genuinely for better for worst.

Yes it's hard but there are good ladies out there.

Based on the order of the Peaky blinders.

1 Like

Re: If You Attempt To Marry While You Are Poor, You Should Be Arrested-njonjo by Ladylite: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2020
Heroclitus:

You were too quick to quote him that you didn't even noticed he mentioned $100k and not 100k in Nigerian currency

Pls check your phone and laptop keyboard and find naira sign....

Who has 36million naira... Abeg use your sense to reply next time.

(1) (Reply)

Why Having A Same Sex Bestie As Your Lover Is Wrong / ljgdsfkjcxfhfdf / 6 Types Of Toxic People You Should Avoid In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.