Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,428 members, 7,958,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa (51738 Views)

Reactions Trail BBN Tacha's Dressing As She Visits Lagos State CP / DJ Cuppy Reunites With Asa Asika, Her Ex-Boyfriend In Portugal / DJ Cuppy Confirms Her Relationship With Asa Asika On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by KarlWhyte(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
Mastakija:
why are you like this. You lack sense aswear. if you wanna abuse him/her abuse him/her directly why are you generalising this. What of the legends that reside in Nigeria or the great footballers,great singers and so on that are not only known in Africa alone but all over the world. i agree with you that the person is a bad belle, then face him and don't put others into this. The ppl you mentioned up there are they even up to one quarter of the one's in Nigeria. Catch sense na abeg.

its obvious that u re brainless if the truth hurts u and ur so called bad belle crew so much...hug d nearest tranformer!
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Kingluqman(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
Kojo Dey sounds like person wey don take oja grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Lukina4real: 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
hisexcellency34:
She is Yoruba. Her father is from Ilesha in Osun state
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by allytinted: 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
johnmattew:
her mother is Yoruba but not naija yoruba...she is 100 percent beninoise
Ok. Thanks.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by seancombs617: 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
hisexcellency34:

Lies..na her mama be yoruba
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Opiletool(m): 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2020
ncoolsome:

Pls can u tell us the track burna boy did that from

"we we"
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by kay29000(m): 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2020
careytommy37:
'em......ex-kiss mi efribodi. na only me see where Kidjo dey claim to be 13 in 93, as in indirectly claiming to be 39 years?

The same Kidjo wey I don dey see for tv since '94

grin

I wonder o. I guess she was high or something

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by kay29000(m): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
LegoxMetahuman:
yeah some parts of benin speak yoruba and bear yoruba names.

it was the stupid english an french people fighting over territory that divided us though.

Exactly.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by kay29000(m): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
salford:

In addition to your post,
The Yoruba king is not like the ceremonial igbo's Ezes or Hausa's Sarkis you have in Lagos and other Yoruba states. The Alaketu and Onisabe of Benin Republic are ancestral Yoruba kings. They would be equivalent to the likes of the Alaafin, Oba Benin and Ooni if they were in Nigeria.

I am sure they would also have Hausa kings in Northern Benin too, just as there are Hausa's in Niger Republic.

The colonial masters did a lot of damage by splitting people of the same tribes in different countries. That is why there is really no sense of nationality in Nigeria. We are different tribes forcefully merged into a nation. An Hausa from Benin Republic will feel more at home with an Hausa from Nigeria than someone from a different tribe in Niger Republic. A Yoruba from Benin Republic will feel more at home with a Nigerian Yoruba than someone from a different tribe in Benin Republic.

"The colonial masters did a lot of damage by splitting people of the same tribes in different countries. That is why there is really no sense of nationality in Nigeria. We are different tribes forcefully merged into a nation. An Hausa from Benin Republic will feel more at home with an Hausa from Nigeria than someone from a different tribe in Niger Republic. A Yoruba from Benin Republic will feel more at home with a Nigerian Yoruba than someone from a different tribe in Benin Republic."

You have said it all. That is why we keep fighting ourselves. It is like merging Spain and France together...even though they share the same border, they are very different, have different cultures, and speak different languages.

4 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by emonis88: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2020
hisexcellency34:
But she is from Benin abeg how do u reconsile both. She won the award for Benin abeg.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by okrote4real: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
Made4naijalove:
Grammy winner Angelique Kidjo is currently in Lagos, Nigeria, and she visited Smooth FM this morning for an interview.

Nigerian singer Asa also visited the studio and both women were happy to see each other.

Angelique is seen drawing Asa in for a long hug before complimenting her footwear.

Angelique Kidjo, who will be performing in Lagos, Nigeria, said it will be her first time performing in the state.

She added that her father was "too afraid" of her mum to bring her here because he feared if she comes here, she won't want to go back to resume school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amzkUaz83J4

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/1/angelique-kidjo-speaks-fluent-yoruba-as-she-visits-lagos-studio-and-meets-with-asa.html

After she collected our Grammy abi.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Kenturkey048(m): 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
fredoooooo:
Wombo lombo
na she sing this song

Anytime I hear that song I dey remember the day my p-man come from Liberia.....Na that son dem dey play for radio that day........ Wombo lombo wombo lombo wombo lombo. ......
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by GermanPoison(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
hisexcellency34:
her mom is naija while are dad is Benin republic
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by wizkidblogger(f): 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2020
ideabuilder:
This video is old na. What kind of repackaged news is this

haha. you go fear awon blogger blogger na grin grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
Angelique Kidjo is from Congo and there is yorubodies language is in Congo, I have listened to some of here music she speak Yoruba in it, to be honest her language is Yoruba Congolis
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by quickly: 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
Kokoebapluse:
Angelique Kidjo is from Congo and there is yorubodies language is in Congo, I have listened to some of here music she speak Yoruba in it, to be honest her language is Yoruba Congolis

My friend u just dey write lie

she is from Benin Republic

Kidjo was born in Ouidah, Benin Rep.[7] Her father is from the Fon people of Ouidah,Benin republic and her mother is Yoruba ( either Benin republic yoruba or Nigerian yoruba)
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Kokoebapluse(m): 6:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
quickly:

My friend u just dey write lie

she is from Benin Republic

Kidjo was born in Ouidah, Benin Rep.[7] Her father is from the Fon people of Ouidah,Benin republic and her mother is Yoruba ( either Benin republic yoruba or Nigerian yoruba)

Do more research Yoruba had bodies in Africa even here in Nigeria Yoruba is one of biggest language in Africa, there are some language in delta state which is part of yorubodies, there is yorubodie in Congo, Binni, etc. My friend I did not claim that Angelique Kidjo is a Nigeria Yoruba but I know she speak Yorubodies
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Mastakija(m): 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
KarlWhyte:

its obvious that u re brainless if the truth hurts u and ur so called bad belle crew so much...hug d nearest tranformer!
I'm brainless cuz m trying to defend my country. You know what..
I give up on your matter, You don't have hope
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Glycosunde: 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Tekecoms1:
Why am I so happy that Burna boy did not win?

That is because you are either a Davido or a Wizkid fan and you want your artist to be the one to win it so that you and his fellow fans can disturb the media space with it and troll the other artist of winning something that he hasn't won. Bunch of insane Nigerians. This Angelique kidjo fifth Grammy award yet no too much noise but trust Nigerians to have disturb everywhere if Burnaboy had won the award
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by frog12: 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
this woman and her ugly dresses
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Do benin republic people speak yoruba ni?

Yes ,they do. There are indigenous Yoruba people in Benin ,Togo, Cote d lvoire,Ghana,Brazil, Cuba and other parts of southern America. These people speak their own indigenous form of Yoruba language till date. You can find many Yoruba towns and villages in these countries e g Ajashe,Popo, Sabe ,Bahia State in Brazil etc.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by YorubaPrince: 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2020
FrLukas:
Well, she's Yoruba...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by grandstar(m): 6:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
tammie24:
She's has Yoruba roots

I think she's from Yoruba people that fled to Togo. I think they are called Atakpame in Togo

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by irunoko(m): 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
tammie24:
She's has Yoruba roots
exactly her mother is from Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Hed0nist: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
WowSweetGuy:
i just discovered burna boy *Anybody track was a tune from this lady track

u gotta respect this woman o

We we. Angelique Kidjo is a good musician.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
masseratti:
stop that bullshit... Yorubas are in Benin Republic too.. And not from any Osun State, btw angelic is half Egun half Yoruba, her father is Ègún, which Yoruba dey bear kidjo?

Her father is Fon.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Bear007(m): 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
ideabuilder:
This video is old na. What kind of repackaged news is this

Jah bless, thought I was the only one who observed.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Guestlander: 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
manneger2:

Lies she is from Benin Republic

And there are no Yorubas in Republic of Benin? The Yoruba there are just like the Yorubas in Nigeria, they were divided into different countries by the Europeans.

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by Qoko: 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
These are MUSICS that like sing songs
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by masseratti: 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Her father is Fon.
fon is another name for Ègún in Benin Republic, Fon means wake up.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2020
masseratti:
fon is another name for Ègún in Benin Republic, Fon means wake up.

Alright, thanks for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kessydriz In Tears As Governor Wike Fulfils N10m Pledge (Pix, Video) / Wizkid Storms 02arena Stage Wearing Close to N3million Dress, Fans Reacts (photo / Beverly Osu Shares Filter-Free Selfie, Bares Cleavage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.