Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary (97183 Views)

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Olumba Olumba Obu Hands Over To Son, To Be Coronated As ‘King Of Kings‘ / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by sammirano: 7:45am On Jan 30, 2020
There is a clear explanation for that advice, but I will not waste my time defending the man of God as the devil himself is on earth and residing inside people conveniently.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Reference(m): 7:53am On Jan 30, 2020
FireKing:
Adeboye son u see as u dey misbehave..... Cos now u make people come dey embarrass ur dad and talk to am anyhow.... Is a shame that after raising u properly u refuse to learn n grow up...... Some of una wey dey talk despite how una parents try reach to train una but refuse to be good.... But all the same I can see d devil wan use pikin take enter Papa but GOD WILL NOT ALLOW IT IN JESUS NAME AMEN

In the Christian world the word 'son' is used to connote a spiritual offspring, an inheritor of salvation through ones preaching of Christ. One who through you is connected with God and through you learns, grows and is established in a household, in the things of God. It may or may not be ones physical offspring.

It is different from ones 'seed' which has a deeper connotation as regarding, vision, purpose and legacy. Ones seed is him in whom the purpose of God for a man is extended over generations. Because as you may know God doesn't share the same concept of time as humans do.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by henrijin: 7:54am On Jan 30, 2020
All because we have weak labour laws. Rather the laws are not enforced. You only see NLC when fuel price is increased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by BluntBoy(m): 8:02am On Jan 30, 2020
AdaNonye:
Lemme rephrase this whole scenario....as a woman, if your husband is always excited to resume work on Monday so he can see his secretary, what will you advice

Besides,if his secretary will cause him to sin, he should let go..or if he can, let him set her up in another department where they dont have to interract

There is something called self-control. Someone else shouldn't suffer because of your own or your husband's lack of self-control.

If a man has a beautiful secretary and he thinks she would make him sin, then he must work on himself. Sacking her unjustly is a sin on its own. Because God is against unfair treatment.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by BluntBoy(m): 8:17am On Jan 30, 2020
Ladylite:

Didinrin people, naija is slowly becoming an atheist nation o.

So the same Jesus that says if your eye causes you to sin you should cut it off.... Yet no one is quoting such scripture, everyone is attacking the pastor...

So if your child is telling you that the school they attend is not helping them academically... Wouldn't you change your child's school?

What if you owned the school and students are getting distracted by a sexy teacher, wouldn't you change the teacher or fire her.

Abeg this generation has cobwebs in their brain.

Jesus says if if your eyes causes you to sin...

Jesus wants you to take responsibility for your own actions. It is your eyes that you should condemn, not someone else, except that person also willingly caused you to sin. This was not stated in Adeboye's words. Rather, Adeboye said one of his sons was always excited to see his secretary. Rather than speak to the son about self-control, he asked him to sack an innocent woman. If the son does not work on himself, he will sack as many women as possible for his own inability to check his urges. Then, he would still end up messing himself and his marriage up with a woman one day. That is if he has not already begun to keep extramarital affairs.

Adeboye should talk less because every time he talks, he never makes sense.

Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues. (Proverbs 17:28)

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by jaylehk(m): 8:20am On Jan 30, 2020
Now let the "children" of their "daddy" defend this.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by sharpwriter(m): 8:22am On Jan 30, 2020
Afrikween:
Please we are still not far from 2019, all this garbage should be thrown back there..... nobody should give me headache this new year biko.

Say something ggggg..... Lol wink

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by BluntBoy(m): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2020
sammirano:
There is a clear explanation for that advice, but I will not waste my time defending the man of God as the devil himself is on earth and residing inside people conveniently.

Until it happens to one of your loved ones.

You think it is easy to get a job in this country? If you were to lose your job for no fault of yours, how would you feel?

It is a different thing if she was sacked over incompetence or lack of diligence. But to get sacked because you excite the boss is very unfair.

We should learn to take responsibility for our actions rather than blaming someone else.

If you eyes causes you to sin, pluck it off. Don't go and pluck off someone else's eyes. A true believer in Christ should learn to take responsibilities for his own actions.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Froshloaded: 8:27am On Jan 30, 2020
AdorableSapphir:

Igbayen wa nko?
Eko kor no bi mi si? As in Ikoyi.
Chisos grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by BluntBoy(m): 8:34am On Jan 30, 2020
sammirano:

Clear explanation, my foot!!!

You people defend your pastors more than you defend your faith in Christ.

It is an evil thing to support unfairness. God is a Just God and so detests injustice.

So, if your appearance is causing problems for a man whose wife cannot keep her eyes off you. The man will be justified if he gets rid of you? Would that stop his wife from looking on to the next attractive man who catches her fancy?

Or you have a grown-up daughter. One day, a woman comes into your house and beats up your daughter. Then she says she did so because her husband couldn't keep his eyes off her. Is the violence on your daughter justified?

Many Nigerian Christians hate taking responsibilities for their own actions. They commit a crime, they blame the Devil. They overspeed and crash their car, they blame village people. They fail to prepare for exams and when they fail, they blame their stepmother and accuse her of not wanting their progress.

SMH...

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by sammirano: 8:36am On Jan 30, 2020
BluntBoy:

Until it happens to one of your loved ones.

You think it is easy to get a job in this country? If you were to lose your job for no fault of yours, how would you feel?

It is a different thing if she was sacked over incompetence or lack of diligence. But to get sacked because you excite the boss is very unfair.

We should learn to take responsibility for our actions rather than blaming someone else.

If you eyes causes you to sin, pluck it off. Don't go and pluck off someone else's eyes. A true believer in Christ should learn to take responsibilities for his own actions.

And you were at the scene to know exactly how the scenario played out. In this age of women with easy virtue, I can only imagine what the lady was subtly doing. But you wouldn't think about that. Obviously, the devil is being good at his job.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by vicben27(m): 8:44am On Jan 30, 2020
papa is 100% right, if your eyes will cause you to sin plough it out. it simply means do away with what ever will make you commit sin. He employed her he also has the right to fire her. if letting her go will save his marriage it's right. resist the devil and he will fee away from you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by BluntBoy(m): 8:49am On Jan 30, 2020
sammirano:

And you were at the scene to know exactly how the scenario played out. In this age of women with easy virtue, I can only imagine what the lady was subtly doing. But you wouldn't think about that. Obviously, the devil is being good at his job.

And you were also there abi? You are speculating when Adeboye's words were clear that the boss was always excited to see his secretary.

However you look at it, Adeboye made no sense whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Barzinime(m): 8:52am On Jan 30, 2020
But if it was Buhari you wont remember the nonsense you wrote.
They have taken the processor in the brain of Nigerians.
topcatking:
Before you "follow any leader and take their dictates and words as gold" remember, they are men first (just as you are)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by BluntBoy(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2020
vicben27:
papa is 100% right, if your eyes will cause you to sin plough it out. it simply means do away with what ever will make you commit sin. He employed her he also has the right to fire her . if letting her go will save his marriage it's right. resist the devil and he will fee away from you.

This only happens in a backward country like Nigeria where there are no labor laws.

Try it in a sane country. Dismiss someone for something foolish as this and you will appear before an employment tribunal.

In Nigeria, the boss can do anything because there are no laws that protect the employees. It is the same mentality that causes the politicians to do whatever they like with us because they think they are the bosses and we are the servants.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Casemiro(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2020
jaylehk:
Now let the "children" of their "daddy" defend this.

what's up... wanna message
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by vicben27(m): 9:05am On Jan 30, 2020
BluntBoy:

This only happens in a backward country like Nigeria where there are no labor laws.

Try it in a sane country. Dismiss someone for something foolish as this and you will appear before an employment tribunal.

In Nigeria, the boss can do anything because there are no laws that protect the employees. It is the same mentality that causes the politicians to do whatever they like with us because they think they are the bosses and we are the servants.

No body is taking anybody to court any where in the world if l own my Business and run my Business privately l reserv the right to employ and fire who ever l l want. if the condition are not suitable for my business and well being. litigation can only come into play when l refuse to pay his or her due entitlement. it's a private shit Man, my shit soo calm down.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by sharpwriter(m): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
See as people dey talk to a Pastor. Just two years ago many of those comments would be TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED.

Pastors shouldcbe careful, people are now confronting them. Their juju mouth is no longer wotking on people.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by BluntBoy(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2020
vicben27:
No body is taking anybody to court any where in the world if l own my Business and run my Business privately l reserv the right to employ and fire who ever l l want. if the condition are not suitable for my business and well being. litigation can only come into play when l refuse to pay his or her due entitlement. it's a private shit Man, my shit soo calm down.

I never mentioned court. I mentioned tribunal.

There is a difference between a court and a tribunal.

And as for your Nigerian mentality that you can do whatever you like as regards employment because you own your business, that would change when you ever get the opportunity to travel to a country with effective labor laws such as England.

It is in Nigeria that a rich man will bash the car of a struggling man and still put him in prison. Try that bullshit in a sane country and see how far you get.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by darleenje: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2020
AdaNonye:
Lemme rephrase this whole scenario....as a woman, if your husband is always excited to resume work on Monday so he can see his secretary, what will you advice

Besides,if his secretary will cause him to sin, he should let go..or if he can, let him set her up in another department where they dont have to interract

If you want to know how stupid people are, just pick a normal statement from the street and tag a pastor's name to it.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Steady259(m): 9:43am On Jan 30, 2020
I am a very active member of of RCCG who has been in the mission for over two decades, however here is my submission.

In asmuch as I agree with my spiritual father on this, I believe he actually took it too far by asking his "son" to relieve the lady of her duties.

In a world that we live-in, there is absolutely nothing bad in a Boss being excited, or looking forward to see his female staff at the office.

Excitement in this context does not necessarily means lust or undesired intimate affection towards the opposite sex. You can be excited to see anyone in respect of their gender....

That lady in question may be the only person that complements the son's job at the office. She may be so good with her Secretariat duties that the boss doesnt and never has issues with her....... Probably the best staff at the office at that time, which makes the boss excited or looking forward to see her at the office.....

Let's paint the scenario this way

Son; Good afternoon Daddy, how is the ministry sir?.

Daddy GO; Afternoon son, ministry is good, God bless you.

Son; Amen sir. Its so good to see you sir. I brought some gift for you daddy, its little but daddy kindly accept it sir, I'll tell my driver to bring it up immediately.

Daddy GO; It shall be well with you. How is your family and business generally.?

Son; Daddy family is fine and business is good too, in fact there is this my secretary who makes the business easier for me, infact she is one of the reason I am always excited to go to work on Monday. I am always excited to see her.

Daddy GO; No son, that is the agent of the devil in disguise, you cannot allow such a person close to you, You must fire her immediately you get to the office. Because even the Bible says anything that will not allow you enter the kingdom of God must be plucked out.

Son; but sir i.....i......i........

Daddy GO; listen son, there is no but, just do as I have commanded.

Son; Okay sir. Will do just that.

Daddy GO; Thats my son, God bless you..

.........I hope the above will at least paint a picture of what I am trying to say.

In summary, Daddy GO must have over reacted.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by virago(f): 9:50am On Jan 30, 2020
obailala:
You leave me totally confused here... What exactly is the relevance of this your argument regarding who owns the company? How does it matter in this case and why should I be bothered about an irrelevant point?

Whether he's the owner or just the manager or even the gateman, the only relevant point to note is that he had the authority to fire her. What exactly is the relevance of your obsession with who owns the company?

You're the one confusing yourself , you made reference to him owning the company so having the power to sack at will and I questioned that assumption , how am I confusing you
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by dewuyiebun: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2020
One thing I know is that baba must have seen something about the lady,what if the lady is using dark power,she might not even be an ordinary person and sure the son might not know but it could be revealed to baba.
See am saying this from experience in my work place there was a lady,a close friend,she do bring me life tilapia fishes,she told me she have a pond,I will take the fish home for my wife to cook though my wife felt something odd about what am collecting from her but I convinced her,it got to a time when I started seeing this lady in my dream to the extent of wanting to have sex with her while am feeling hatred towards my wife,I told my wife about the dream and she adviced I should stop collecting the fish and reduced the closeness and that's just what I did, even did more, the lady was wondering but I never give her a clue I just be myself
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by obailala(m): 10:21am On Jan 30, 2020
virago:

You're the one confusing yourself , you made reference to him owning the company so having the power to sack at will and I questioned that assumption , how am I confusing you
How exactly does it matter if he's the company owner or just a boss (who holds the authority to fire)? What's the relevance of your point to this thread? Wonderful!! shocked grin

Whether he's the company owner, or just a boss in the company, it totally doesnt matter here, so I can make any of the above assumptions I want. The only thing that matters here is that he holds the authority to fire a person; that's the only relevant point on this thread.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Promomarlie: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2020
Ladylite:

So the same Jesus that says if your eye causes you to sin you should cut it off.... Yet no one is quoting such scripture, everyone is attacking the pastor...

So if your child is telling you that the school they attend is not helping them academically... Wouldn't you change your child's school?

What if you owned the school and students are getting distracted by a sexy teacher, wouldn't you change the teacher or fire her.

So you mean if your eyes will take you to hell you'll rather destroy what is attracting your eyes abi. Think twice
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by martooski(m): 11:27am On Jan 30, 2020
Have you heard of "redeployment before"

AdaNonye:

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Overlordrichy(m): 11:47am On Jan 30, 2020
I don't know why some people don't think right
So because the lady is beautiful or even sexy is now a crime
Mind you, maybe the lady is not even beautiful or sexy, maybe she is just nice and wonderful, so that is a crime for her to be sacked?
Mtheeeeew, that means we should not have beautiful and sexy or nice and wonderful ladies in our society, church or place of work again

The devil has taken charge over everyone's life in this world,sometimes what is right now seems wrong and what is wrong seems right to people, the devil as caused confusions.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by OnPointMan(m): 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
Ladylite:

You lack wisdom my dear. So, if a pastor advise your boss to sack you because you make him feel happy, the pastor is right abi. Fake Christians everywhere quoting scripture out of context.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by IyaTola: 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
grin grin grin
Ivebeenbanned:

No no no. The people supporting him are not woke please. They're slaves to religion. Very empty, brainless humans.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by DAVE5(m): 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2020
Teewhy2:
I strongly support him on this because the bible also supports it.

How many parts of your body have you cut off...
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Tunar18(m): 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
I've always wondered what makes Buhari said a lot of Nigerian youths are lazy. The truth is a lot of them are mentally lazy. To use their almost empty brain is a problem.

Why on earth would some religious bigots still come to defend this. Some of them won't even defend their biological parents to this length.

Since you all feel that decision is right because it's coming from Daddy. Then,

1. If that Mr. no self control goes to the market and sees a beautiful lady, he should destroy the market.

2. If walks on the street and sees many attractive ladies, he should get a gun and kill them since he can't look away.

3. If he finds his pastor's wife attractive, they should barnish the woman from attending the church. Even the ushers and choristers.

Just send all of them away because your brother could not be taught self control but abuse of authority.

Awon Ode Omo

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by DAVE5(m): 1:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
BecaciaBarbie:
Of course, I agree with him! Fire her!!!

After firing her, he should employ someone that makes him regret going to work on Mondays and every other day...

Very nice

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Worshippers At A Catholic Church In Ozubulu, Anambra State (Graphic) / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication / From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.