Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady (21276 Views)

Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan / How Sokoloan Dragged Their Customer To Retrieve A 5k Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Greenpace214(f): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Greenpace214(f): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2020
MysteryFinder:
This is currently happening in Ibadan, Agbowo Area. A dead woman was found with a note after committing suicide because of the #8000 loan she received from Sokoloan and could not pay back yet. In the note, the loan was to be due in two weeks with a very huge interest of #7000. So in total, she was supposed to pay #15,000 back in 14 days for a loan of #8000.
She begged the customer care of Sokoloan to give her till this month end, being a salary earner, as her loan was due since 15th of January, but they treated her badly and harassed her through the phone. Then 4 days later they started calling and messaging her contacts. They have called 49 of her contacts before she eventually took her life yesterday evening.

Please everyone, share this news and make sure this evil app is punished and removed from playstore. Share on your whatsapp status, Facebook platform, twitter account, etc.

LET'S GET RID OF EVIL LOAN APPS IN NIGERIA.

Copied from FACEBOOK

https://www.nairaland.com/5944746/say-no-sokoloan-lending-app
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Greenpace214(f): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2020
NewLogicalMind:

Nigerians are very dishonest people

When a Nigerian borrows money, at the point of taking the loan he already has an inherent intention not to repay the loan.

All these excuses about falling sick is usually bull.sht!

https://www.nairaland.com/5658497/how-sokoloan-lending-company-killed
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by NewLogicalMind: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020
optimus106:

If you like call all my contacts I don't care, they won't pay you and I can't steal to pay you too.
My contacts won't do shi.ttt to me!!!

Na wen I get money I go PAY
with the default fee.

Nigeria sef they owe and the
entire WORLD KNOWS

You give 5000 naira and collect
8000 naira in 14days time

Una dey use 9ja people cash out

This is outrageous!!!

When people don't meet up
you start threatening them.
Nobody is saying anything good
about SOKOLOAN but you'll hear
BRANCH,FAIR MONEY,CARBON,etc
been portrayed or depicted as 'good
service providers'

The customer is KING!!!

Sheybe you sabi put interest...?

SEE AS E GO BE...

You call to tell me trash?
I go hang up,
Disturb me with your RUDE calls?
I switch to my next line and
turn the other OFF.

If you like send messages to
Buhari I no dey shake,. grin grin grin
I can't kill myself for your chicken
change.

#sayNOtoSOKOLOAN
#sayNOto9JAcash
#sayNOtoGETcash
#sayNOtoSOKOLENDINGCOMPANY

By willfully holding on to the lender's money you're denying it revenue that would otherwise be earned when the money is advanced to other people.

If a borrower has a genuine reason for not paying back it's understandable but not when he/she set out ab initio to defraud a loan provider.

Be careful the comments you make online, it could come back to haunt you later!

A certain Nairalander applied for a loan sometime ago but when we reviewed his previous comments on the thread below we reaslised he is one of those who encourage borrowers not to repay loan.

We turned down his request straightaway but we did not tell him the reason why his request for a loan was not approved.

https://www.nairaland.com/5624081/what-happen-one-fails-pay/17#90800442

https://www.nairaland.com/5355285/access-short-term-loans-up-n100000/2

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 01, 2020
uruba23:
That is definitely a bloody lie.The worst that would happen is that the loan would go into default as bad loan and her credit rating would be affected .

Oga, not same with SOKOLOAN. Currently in the same shit. Took a N5k loan to pay N8260. They have been sending text messages to my conctacts and calling them. Yesterday was 7 days after default. The message is even enough to kill or ruin a persons reputation. Here is the text message they sent to most of my contact:

Please do not take a loan if you are not certain of paying back on the fixed date. I learnt the hard way. Integrity is evertything.

I still dey gather money like this.

2 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by wareh(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2020
NewLogicalMind:

By willfully holding on to the lender's money you're denying it revenue that would otherwise be earned when the money is advanced to other people.

If a borrower has a genuine reason for not paying back it's understandable but not when he/she set out ab initio to defraud a loan provider.

Be careful the comments you make online, it could come back to haunt you later!

A certain Nairalander applied for a loan sometime ago but when we reviewed his previous comments on the thread below we reaslised he is one of those who encourage borrowers not to repay loan.

We turned down his request straightaway but we did not tell him the reason why his request for a loan was not approved.

https://www.nairaland.com/5624081/what-happen-one-fails-pay/17#90800442
https://www.nairaland.com/5355285/access-short-term-loans-up-n100000/2

I totally understand that people can be impossible at times. However, based on complaints from people offline and online, it's easy to know that these Sokoloan people are both greedy and uncultured. I have a friend who was sent a threat as one of the contacts of the defaulter. I believe they should be arrested and prosecuted for harassment.

They practically threaten and harass people even before the last day of loan repayment. The problem is people don't sue here. I tell you, they'd have a lot to answer if this were in a saner clime. YOU CAN NOT BE CALLING OR TEXTING CONTACTS, THREATENING TO BLOCK THEIR BVN ALL BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE DEFAULTED. No, you can't! Stop justifying rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Brightest04(m): 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2020
What the lady said here is 100% true it happened to my coworker too.His was just three days over due and they sent defamatory messages to everyone on his contract. And he only borrowed 5k to pay 8.600k .
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by prettyrich(f): 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
Please recomend a good loan app for me pls, the one that user friendly with low interest rate. Thanks
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by RaphaeloBurgess: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
I was highly embarrassed today. More than 20 of my contacts called me because of 12885 loan I took from Sokoloan. I have suffered a lot. Dear brothers and sisters, pls stay away from Sokoloan. They are destiny destroyer. Imaging, sending message to my MD
uruba23:
That is definitely a bloody lie.The worst that would happen is that the loan would go into default as bad loan and her credit rating would be affected .

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by KAM3KAZI: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
Idowu3080:
To clear the air,

Sokoloan is evil. They'll drain you with their interest and any default even after giving notice won't work with them.

Fellow Nigerians, you can easily make money from this fools. Borrow, give them notice via email and default for some days then let them send their messages, pay back a day after and take the bastards to court and demand for 50m. It's that simple!

Easier said than done

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
RaphaeloBurgess:
I was highly embarrassed today. More than 20 of my contacts called me because of 12885 loan I took from Sokoloan. I have suffered a lot. Dear brothers and sisters, pls stay away from Sokoloan. They destiny destroyer.
okay take heart,which company own this Sokaloan.
I just check their directorship their is a chinko on the board by the name Lu Wang .The other is a Nigeria who is obviously a figure head since the chinko mail is the register email....well he has nothing to lose destroying people's reputation.

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Alys13: 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
So l am a lawyer practicing in Lagos Nigeria. I never knew what Sokolaon was, until, my sister called me from the north and sent me a text message already sent to her contacts:

"Good day. Miss. XX (080xxxxxxxx) has your contact on her phonebook. she's very fradulent, she just dupe soko lending company and she is on the run with company money.You are advice to be careful with your transaction with her because she has been declared wanted and will soon be arrested."

I called her and she explained to me that the text messages was sent as a result of default in loan repayment.

I was really angry about the content.

So, I told my boss in the office about it and now our law firm has decided to give FREE LEGAL AID to anyone who has a story similar to my sister's and want to fight SOKO LOAN back.
please contact: send an email to illumineconsultsassociates@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Alys13: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Alys13:
So l am a lawyer practicing in Lagos Nigeria. I never knew what Sokolaon was, until, my sister called me from the north and sent me a text message already sent to her contacts:

"Good day. Miss. XX (080xxxxxxxx) has your contact on her phonebook. she's very fradulent, she just dupe soko lending company and she is on the run with company money.You are advice to be careful with your transaction with her because she has been declared wanted and will soon be arrested."

I called her and she explained to me that the text messages was sent as a result of default in loan repayment.

I was really angry about the content.

So, I told my boss in the office about it and now our law firm has decided to give FREE LEGAL AID to anyone who has a story similar to my sister's and want to fight SOKO LOAN back.
please contact: send an email to illumineconsultsassociates@gmail.com

Please feel free to post on all Soko loan related posts. Share on WhatsApp, Facebook etc.

3 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Alys13: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
NIGERIAN LAW
A defamation matter is defined in section 373 of the criminal code as a matter likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing him to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or likely to damage any person in his profession or trade by injury to his reputation.

You can fight back, Defamation is both a crime and a civil wrong in Nigeria. Soko Lending Company will be compelled to pay you damages.
Let's chat on WhatsApp 07057192254. FREE LEGAL REPRESENTATION in court available.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Ikpons11: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2020
My brother my situation and yours is just the same, I called the lady and she even said she's out to destroy me and I recorded our conversion on phone and few days later one of the staffs called me back and was trying to be peaceful. I'm not paying that money ever again.
#endsokoloanoppression

2 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by hoodygames: 7:59am On May 07, 2021
I got harassed for being one day late on a 14days loan I took. To my greatest surprise the sent out massages to my contacts that I was a fraudster who stole their company's money. Please be mindful of sokoloan and they are now going by fast money now. Please see prof attached.

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by xenastar(f): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2021
Article 5.5.7 of the CBN consumer protection law :

Debt collection must not engage in any of the following:
a. Contact friends, employer, relatives or neighbours of a customer for
any information other than information on employment status,
telephone numbers or address, except where:
i. the person has guaranteed the loan; or
ii. the person has consented to be contacted.
b. Require any of the persons listed in (a) above to offset the debt,
except where the person has acted as a guarantor.
c. Make telephone or personal contact with customers between the
hours of 9.00pm and 8.00am for the purpose of debt recovery,
except with the prior consent of the customer.

Sue them for all they've got not rant here and they on doing it to others

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by fennels007(m): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
That they are calling her contacts is not enough reason for her to kill herself knowing fully well that at the end of the month she will offset the debt. Low IQ.
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by optimus106(m): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can I Start With #5000-#10,000 Naira / Enaira More Reliable Than Cryptocurrency, Says CBN / Nigerian Economy Slips Into Recession - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.