Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage (4482 Views)

UEFA CL. Draw: Bayern Vs Barca, Dortmund Vs Madrid. / UEFA CL Second Round Draws OUT!!!!! / Greatest Rivalry - Which Of These Pairings Do You Consider The Greatest Rivalry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by usbcable(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2010
Benzema and Lass also prefers Real meet Lyonnaise.
But things maybe different if barcelona meets arsenal.just maybe.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2010
If Barcelona meet Arsenal sure thing might be different.

It can either be 4-0, 6-0 or 10-1 depending on the mood of messi, Xavi and Iniesta
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2010
Hmmm,
Impressive ties all-round(except the Barca Arsenal tie-complete walkover:Arsenal  need not show up). . .But I'm not so sure you will get what you want with UEFA.
From your ties I would pick the following to progress:
Schalke,Bayern,Man United,Valencia,Roma,Real,Barcelona
The Chelsea Milan tie is too evenly-poised to call.
@usbcable,
Nothing will be different if Barca meet Arsenal at full strength.
Even they know.Arsenal make mouth after beating Partizan Belgrade.Barca destroy Europes elite on a regular basis.The gulf is too wide abeg.
Arsenal's work rate on the field is nearly zero.The ones who are supposed to be grafters to stop the Barca midfield are too soft (Denilson),Too daft (Diaby),too English (wheelchair) or too high on hemp(Song).
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2010
Chelsea vs Milan would provide Ancelotti a return to San Siro.

Man utd vs Inter would let us see benitez vs Fergie dso they can sort out their differences.

Madrid vs Lyon would be a rematch of last yr.

and baarcelona would get another walk over
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2010
True. . .
But I think United should have little problems with Inter regardless of what beef Fergie and Benitez have.
Madrid would be too stong for Lyon as it stands. . .
It's only the Chelsea/Milan tie is too close to call.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by harmeenut: 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2010
Another Ifedisky.
Follow-follow mentality.Whic hhole did this vermin creep out from?
Get a brain,hollow-head.I know most Gunners find it extremely difficult to think,but this is pathetically lazy and hapless.
Stop jumping on other people's jock and get a life of your own.

se me see wahala, na by force? just because i chose a team i desire & support? Must you descend to the lovel of abusing just because you dont share d same ideawith somebody.? All I tried to point out is that you dont just make a stupid generalization of people about issues. gwhd

I want these

Schalke vs Copenhagen

Bayern vs Marseille

Man Utd vs Inter.

Tottenham vs Valencia

Shaktar vs Roma

Chelsea vs AC Milan

Real vs Lyon

Barcelona vs Arsenal

Now you are talking, at least somebody keeping to the line of the thread wink let's see how it goes tomorrow. A simple conclusion (without likely impossibility)

Schalke vs Copenhagen - schalke

Bayern vs Marseille - Bayern

Man Utd vs Inter.- Man U

Tottenham vs Valencia - Spurs

Shaktar vs Roma - Roma

Chelsea vs AC Milan - too close to call (dont write off chelsea & milan dey in form)

Real vs Lyon - Real

Barcelona vs Arsenal - abegi, no comment grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Pharoh: 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2010
I am very sure arsenal will progress to the next round even if they meet Barcelona. cool

Barcelona scaled through on luck and arsenal had some injured players so a rematch would be nice.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by BinghiNya(m): 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2010
Even on Ps3 Arsenal can't even think of playing a draw against barcelona
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by dipo2much(m): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^
Arsenal drew Barca in the first leg last term.

@ Harmeenut.
Allow me apoligise on behalf of the foul-mouthed twats. They just dont know when to stop insultin ppl.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by chelseabmw(m): 5:54am On Dec 17, 2010
God help chelsea
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 17, 2010
I am very sympathetic of Arsenal's plight of late. Their inability to win a trophy for sometimes now, is a source of concern to me. I do not want us (bárça) to meet them, at least not now. They will simply fall by our sword and this will extend their drought period to God knows when.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by eyoniggar(m): 8:56am On Dec 17, 2010
Lol, Dayo u wicked ooo, but you can @least free these Gaynners for 1nce. I would really love to catch Man-u.

But anyways the draws will be made today. And as for the dude that says schalke wud walk over copanhagen, u mst be kidding me. Seems u didn't watch any of their match during the group stages.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
Arsenal drew Barca in the first leg last term.

@ Harmeenut.
Allow me apoligise on behalf of the foul-mouthed twats. They just dont know when to stop insultin ppl.
@dipo2much
Don't expend so much e- energy arguing with these folks.
They won't stop.
Arsenal this, Arsenal that

Meanwhile, no easy games in the round of 16.
Didn't Lyon beat 'mighty' Real madrid last season.?
Anyways, bring on the drama.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC:

@dipo2much
Don't expend so much e- energy arguing with these folks.
They won't stop.
Arsenal this, Arsenal that
Another one crawls out of his termite hole.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by ogazi007(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2010
I reject Arsenal vs Barca pairing.Gunners are our younger brother and i would wanna see them in the finals,lol.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2010
StarBoard:

Another one crawls out of his termite hole.

I have been here long before you
Am a gooner to the bone.
Losing 3 points on Monday night would not make me disappear from this thread.
I don't live on NL.
Naah, even if Arsenal get relegated, I will still be a 'Red and White'
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by medjai(m): 11:36am On Dec 17, 2010
I have a feeling Barca will get AC Milan. UEFA are dramatists. I have a feeling that they sometimes 'rig' the draws just to give some fixtures a dramatic undertone.
AC Milan vs Barca will see the return of Ronaldinho to the Camp Nou. There's also the Ibra angle to it
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2010
medjai:

I have a feeling Barca will get AC Milan. UEFA are dramatists. I have a feeling that they sometimes 'rig' the draws just to give some fixtures a dramatic undertone.
AC Milan vs Barca will see the return of Ronaldinho to the Camp Nou. There's also the Ibra angle to it
Naah
Inter vs Real
Mourinho returns to the San Siro and talk every day on how Inter have regressed since he left
OR
Arsenal vs Real
Wenger vs Mourinho . . . .
Interesting drama as Mourinho will continue along Evra's line for two months before the battle
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by FBS: 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2010
chelseabmw:

God help chelsea
I say amen.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Borat1: 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2010
Spurs are going to run milan ragged!!! cheesy
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by FBS: 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2010
Interesting ties you would say.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by FBS: 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2010
Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by MrTA(m): 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2010
Fantastic ties,

roma v shakhtar
milan v spurs
valencia v schalke
inter v bayern
lyon v real
arsenal v barca
marseille vs man utd
kobenhavn v chelsea
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2010
Good bye Arsenal
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by jaybee3(m): 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2010
Spurs v Milan   => Spurs
Manu v Marseille  => Manu
Inter v Bayern   => Bayern
Shalke v Valencia  => Shalke
Lyon v Real  => Real
Copenhagen v Chelsea  => Chelsea
Roma v Shaktar  => Shaktar
Arsenal v Barcelona  => Barca
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
StarBoard:

Good bye Arsenal
You must admit it.
You are just so fascinated about this team
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Ibime(m): 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2010
**Nelson voice**

HA HA
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC:

You must admit it.
Why should i be?
Just sorry for em . . .
At least y'all got 2 months to figure out a way to limit the damage.Otherwise it's as good as a walkover,if what we saw earlier on is anything to go by
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2010
StarBoard:

Why should i be?
Just sorry for em . . .
At least y'all got 2 months to figure out a way to limit the damage.Otherwise it's as good as a walkover,if what we saw earlier on is anything to go by
ok we have heard
We will write a letter to UEFA. . . . and pay whatever fine
We won't appear on match day.
You are ok now
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2010
Why do you have a problem with my view on this tie?
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Pharoh: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC:

You must admit it.

This is what i have been waiting for, time to set the records straight this time around. I just hope van persie, rocisky , cesc, ashavin and nasri will be on form.  I watched that match over two legs and i took my hat off for wenger for good, there will be no one man show this time around ala messi.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
Pharoh:

This is what i have been waiting for, time to set the records straight this time around. I just hope van persie, rocisky , cesc, ashavin and nasri will be on form. I watched that match over two legs and i took my hat off for wenger for good, there will be no one man show this time around ala messi.
What for?
Tell us?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goal.com-sir Alex Ferguson Voted As The World Best Among Other Best Coach / What do you still think..?Messi-Neymar Vs Ronaldo-Bale attack. / Manchester United Vs Stoke City (4 - 2) On Saturday 20th October 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.