Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage (4478 Views)

UEFA CL. Draw: Bayern Vs Barca, Dortmund Vs Madrid. / UEFA CL Second Round Draws OUT!!!!! / Greatest Rivalry - Which Of These Pairings Do You Consider The Greatest Rivalry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by ogazi007(m): 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
Why Arsenal?
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2010
StarBoard:

Why do you have a problem with my view on this tie?
No I dont
You are entitled to it.
Just adding to what you spilled out when you said its as good as a walkover.
Dont worry, we have just 2 months to wait
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by chamotex(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2010
Can I ask the GAYnners how market in advance? grin grin
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by presido1: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2010
UEFA must have taken bribe from SAF to pair Arsenal with barca. We must protest.
Spurs might play finals with Man United as am seeing this game.

WenGAY just wet his pant as the news broke. I pity that poor man.
He will just remember the day braga abi bariga beat them.

chamotex:

Wicked boi, u should first wish them merry xmas in advance b4 asking how market.
Anyway this is season but they refused to sale. grin grin
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2010
ogazi007:

Why Arsenal?

Tricky draw
On paper , I will say advantage Barca
Though I know footie ain't played on paper.
I am sure the Barca camp won't even be rejoicing over this.
A whole load of teams, they will rather have played
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2010
presido1:

WenGAY just wet his pant as the news broke. I pity that poor man.
The same wenger that has been saying for days that he is DAMN sure we will be paired against Barca
Or you no dey read any news on the web apart from Manure news?
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC:

No I dont
You are entitled to it.
Just adding to what you spilled out when you said its as good as a walkover.
Dont worry, we have just 2 months to wait
This is what I hate about Arsenal fans.Never seeing the entire picture.
I remember mentioning not too long ago the fact that you had time to figure out a strategy on damage limitation before adding "Otherwise it's as good as a walkover,if what we saw earlier on is anything to go by".
But in your Gunner wisdom,you've interpreted it to suit your position.
Best of luck to you,sha.
chamotex:

Two things:
Firstly,It would be a record to wish them How Market two months in advance.
Secondly,ask dayokanu about the style of asking,because how market is outdated. . .there is a so-called ". . .testing, testing . . .". . .you get the drift
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Pharoh: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
StarBoard:

What for?
Tell us?

Simply for his coaching capability, forget the scoreline and open your eyes, have you realized that even the barca fans have not come to declare here that they are happy with the pairing?
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by presido1: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC:

The same wenger that has been saying for days that he is DAMN sure we will be paired against Barca
Just watch his lips whenever he makes such statement, its not from his heart. In his mind he is praying to Baba God for such not to happen.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by chamotex(m): 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC:

How can he be 'DAMN' sure?
Is he the one fixing the draws?

Wenger has kept quiet about the draw saying 'it doesnt matter who they get' as usual.
Never saw where he said Barca.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2010
Pharoh:

Simply for his coaching capability, forget the scoreline and open your eyes, have you realized that even the barca fans have not come to declare here that they are happy with the pairing?
Typical Gunner.
How was the scoreline different from the true picture last time around?Tell us,please
Also,how could a coach have gotten his tactics right after being mauled 6-3 on aggregate?
The fact that Barca fans don't gloat/boast senselessly like you people before every game doesn't mean that they aren't confident of winning.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by presido1: 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2010
chamotex:

How can he be 'DAMN' sure?
Is he the one fixing the draws?
I tire ooh, but then am not suprise its from a typical GAYner.

Wenger has kept quiet about the draw saying 'it doesnt matter who they get' as usual.
Never saw where he said Barca.
Which is a normal statement. Maybe HNIC think he will come out and say "we do not want to play barca". Even Pep will show a little respect by saying "arsenal is a good side" but within him he know they have qualified for the next round cool cool grin grin
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2010
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ chamotex
After reading that, you can see that your claims about Wenger being quiet about the draw are absolutely FALSE
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2010
@Starboard
Stop the Caveat.
What I got from your post is that Barca will anhiliate Arsenal.
Stop trying to base it on anything.
You are convinced that there is no way any other thing can happen except an Arsenal loss
True or false?
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Pharoh: 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2010
StarBoard:

Typical Gunner.
How was the scoreline different from the true picture last time around?Tell us,please
Also,how could a coach have gotten his tactics right after being mauled 6-3 on aggregate?
The fact that Barca fans don't gloat/boast senselessly like you people before every game doesn't mean that they aren't confident of winning.

Keep quiet, someone cannot comment on a match without senseless labeling or where did i tell you that i am a gunners? I have more respect for a coach that started from the scratch than the one who inherited a world class team. Arsenal will go through to the next round and all you will be put to shame.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by chamotex(m): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC:

@ Chamotex
Please read
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339341/Arsene-Wenger-hints-Arsenal-draw-Barcelona-Champiosn-League-again.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

HNIC . . . I dont even have to read your link.
I'd believe what I saw with my own eyes on SkySports News on what Wenger said over what was written by a newspaper.
I still watched it this morning and he kept mum about it . . . not giving anything away.

Even your link used the word 'hint' and you said he was DAMN sure
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Pharoh: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2010
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has claimed that it is clear to him who his club will face after the Champions League draw later on Friday.

The Frenchman feels that another clash with Barcelona is inevitable, following the Catalan club knocking the Gunners out at this stage last time round.

After finishing second in the group stage Arsenal face a tricky draw, with Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Schalke also in the hat.

"I know who we will get," he said to the Guardian. "At this level, you need connections.

"If I say we want Barcelona, you won't believe me. I don't even think about it. I hope we get who I feel we will get."

With the first game ending in a 2-2 draw last season at the Emirates, the Catalans went on to romp home at the Nou Camp, with Messi getting four goals in a 4-1 win.

"It was some of the best football I've ever seen," Wenger said of the performance.

"They played outstandingly well for 90 minutes. What was surprising was that they had no weak moment in that game. Their determination and focus for 90 minutes was spot-on and the quality was unbelievable.

"When you see a performance like that, you are encouraged to get to that level. It is good that teams show you how well you can play football. It was the best performance of the season in European football."

After the draw, Wenger will have to quickly refocus in order to restore Arsenal's Premier League campaign. A loss to Manchester United on Monday denied the club going top of the table and Wenger will be keen to get quickly back on track for the visit of Stoke this weekend.

"We are still in a strong position," Wenger said. "Because we still have to play Chelsea, Man United and Man City at home – Liverpool as well. More than ever, we will still have our say in this league."
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2010
Pharoh:

Keep quiet, someone cannot comment on a match without senseless labeling or where did i tell you that i am a gunners? I have more respect for a coach that started from the scratch than the one who inherited a world class team. Arsenal will go through to the next round and all you will be put to shame.
Come out of the closet,you slothful piranha.
Your daft reasoning clearly gives you away as an Arsenal supporter.
Answer my questions and stop avoiding the issues like most Gunner fans do.
Then we can get somewhere.
You talk about a coach who started from scratch.You obviously don't know anything football-related.
Arsene Wenger replaced a side that went unbeaten a whole league season with a set of quadriplegics and you're here typing rubbish.
Go and consult your copy of complete sports for more info before coming to waste your cybercafe time here.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Mariory(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2010
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11890_6580795,00.html

[size=16pt]Wenger coy on CL opponents
Gunners boss ready for all opponents in next round
[/size]

Arsenal have never won the Champions League and are going through a drought of silverware having not earned a major trophy since 2005.

[size=14pt]However, Wenger would not be drawn on who he wants to face in the next round and says there are arguments for and against all the possible opponents.[/size]

He said: "We will take the draw as it is and I don't want to put my team in a position where they feel 'we would have preferred somebody else'.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by chamotex(m): 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2010
Thank you Mariory . . . . I still watched the interview this morning . . . I didnt read it
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by HNIC(m): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2010
@Chamotex
Maybe I should have written the  damn like this 'damn'
No one can be cock sure
AW is never evasive about questions
He speaks his mind.
Something told him we were gonna draw Barca
Presido said he will be peeing in his pants when he hears
So I just replied that, this is someone that was 'damn' sure we were gonna draw Barca
He's not been quiet about the CL draws
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by ogazi007(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2010
Epl bois have started again o!the same story last year o!

Arsenal will suprise the world,Arsenal will disgrace Barca.

let us wait till ferbuary,before we start braging.

We are Barca we do our talking in the feild of play.

holla @ madrid,they know how we do,lol.

@HNIC
Una no do well to avoid Barca,i really hate to see Barca vs Arsenal game.

i would have prefer  an Arsenal vs Barca finals.may the better side win.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by chamotex(m): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC:

@Chamotex
Maybe I should have written the  damn like this 'damn'
No one can be cock sure
AW is never evasive about questions
He speaks his mind.
Something told him we were gonna draw Barca
Presido said he will be peeing in his pants when he hears
So I just replied that, this is someone that was 'damn' sure we were gonna draw Barca

Are you kidding me? grin grin grin grin

HNIC:

He's not been quiet about the CL draws

I know what I saw live and direct.
It's different from what I read.

But anyhow which way, the draw is DONE . . . 10 weeks to go . . . let the action begin.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Pharoh: 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2010
StarBoard:

Come out of the closet,you slothful piranha.
Your daft reasoning clearly gives you away as an Arsenal supporter.
Answer my questions and stop avoiding the issues like most Gunner fans do.
Then we can get somewhere.
You talk about a coach who started from scratch.You obviously don't know anything football-related.
Arsene Wenger replaced a side that went unbeaten a whole league season with a set of quadriplegics and you're here typing rubbish.
Go and consult your copy of complete sports for more info before coming to waste your cybercafe time here.

Who built the side that he replaced? is it not the same wenger? i have my internet connection at home so you can pity yourself and your little cafe ranting. Your time will soon finish.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by chamotex(m): 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2010
HNIC . . . that is the link to the interview there . . . http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16429_6582272,00.html

No where did Wenger mention anything about Barca . . . he played it cool.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by eyoniggar(m): 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2010
Farahoe. I am really getting pissed @ most of ya comments.

THE GAME AGAINST ARSENAL WILL BE FUN AS USUAL/ALWAYS. grin cheesy

And for the Chelsea fans, dnt start smiling yet, those copanhagen guys are deadly.

Luckily yall must have gotten back in form, because with the recent chelsea form, i doubt
you guys will be making it to the QF.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by Pharoh: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2010
eyoniggar:

Farahoe. I am really getting pissed @ most of ya comments.

THE GAME AGAINST ARSENAL WILL BE FUN AS USUAL/ALWAYS. grin cheesy

Make i no give comments again or are you scared behind your PC despite this Catalonia teeth you are spewing here.

You were lucky to beat the in 2006 and it was messi that won it for you in the second leg 2009, so be very afraid my guy. grin
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by slap1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2010
Barca has a better squad, no doubt. But hey, you don't just say they're gonna win us because they're Barcelona, ok? February is not that far, we can only pray for long life.
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by kokonets(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2010
Barca, Barca Barca cheesy
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by eyoniggar(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
Sincerely, I am like pep when it matters. I jst dnt under-estimate my opponents.

On a brighter side, Barca is favored, but anything can happen. Its footie. grin cheesy
Re: Uefa Cl - Last 16 Pairings For D Knockout Stage by kokonets(m): 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2010
^True we Barca fans neva underestimate any1. . . we just play football cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goal.com-sir Alex Ferguson Voted As The World Best Among Other Best Coach / What do you still think..?Messi-Neymar Vs Ronaldo-Bale attack. / Post Match Analysis ; Manchester United Versus Benfica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.