Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ (12309 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Zombiekiller010: 7:32am On Jan 30, 2020
He should work on his marriage and stop talking from both sides of his mouth
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by slivertongue: 7:36am On Jan 30, 2020
doing away with skull mining should be their first priority
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Switruth: 7:37am On Jan 30, 2020
post=86223549:

Oh Yeaaaa!!

This is the kinda Amotekun we want.
This is one of the ills Amotekun should help the people with.
Amotekun is here to stay!

You can say that again!

A great King has spoken.

These are the type of men that should come out to support the realization of Amotekun.

Not some charlatans, troublemakers and fools who don't want to hear , read or see any positive news in any corner of Nigeria.

We stand with the Oba Akanbi.

Amotekians, be glad and wise.
Amotekalization is here.
Amotekites get ready for the job ahead and take every religion along.
No stigmatization of other tribes in the country.
With all these,
Once again, Amoteks is here to stay.

Lol cheesy
You are mouthed ma!
Now, this is funny!
. U don run come this side? U no dey here u no dey there. I’m glad you’ve accepted that the government you praise and lick their a.nus has failed in that area. Be a good kid.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Ustec: 7:37am On Jan 30, 2020
YoungLionken:
I don't think that would work, after all,they(amotekun) will solely depend on charms for fortification/protection,and it has to do with alot of rituals...
Spirit na spirit,
What you do with it makes it a good one or a bad one.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by dheaven: 7:38am On Jan 30, 2020
siromot:
amotekun should also look into the reasons why you divorce your wife and adopt emir and also want to be leading Friday jumat prayers in mosque
That one is not part of Amotekun work.

1 Like

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by cobsol(m): 7:41am On Jan 30, 2020
Why is everyone in Nigeria about Canada?
Why are we funding Canada with our hard earned money?

Do you know the amount of revenue Canada makes from VISA request from Nigeria is enough to run Canada! And they reject visa now like mad, our been ripped off?

My people abeg I need answers and I have made genuine points and asked a genuine questions here please us answer.

https://www.nairaland.com/5659251/canada-canada-canadian-embassy-don
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Nasir123(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2020
Laudable!

1 Like

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 30, 2020
I wish they'd collect the crown from this one and depose him before he brings more opprobrium to the exalted seat.

He is not fit to sit in that seat.

According to him, he was chosen, not by the oracle, It's but by Aregbesola, another Moslem extremist for his great knowledge of the Qur'an.

His reign is tumultuous. He should be deposed IMMEDIATELY!!!
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Nasir123(m): 7:47am On Jan 30, 2020
YoungLionken:
I don't think that would work, after all,they(amotekun) will solely depend on charms for fortification/protection,and it has to do with alot of rituals...

True.

But as some of us do know, you do not need a Human part or blood to get a real or fortify charms in Yoruba land.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Nasir123(m): 7:52am On Jan 30, 2020
yinkus6750:
Which one is traditional corruption again?
They are to protect and make the highways safe, against robberies and herdsmen attacks.
They shouldn't complicate what the role is.

They can as well have that section in their department. Just like you have SARS n DSS.

This is about combating crime in Yoruba land. Every aspect should be look into to protect our people, culture, and tradition.

1 Like

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by YorubaPrince: 8:06am On Jan 30, 2020
yinkus6750:
Which one is traditional corruption again?
They are to protect and make the highways safe, against robberies and herdsmen attacks.
They shouldn't complicate what the role is.

You'll never understand...
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by myrates: 8:10am On Jan 30, 2020
I agree with oluwo on this

1 Like

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by oglalasioux(m): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:
Na hin own go always different.. Emir Igbolabi

I was thinking he said a very valid thing especially on the ritual killing angle.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by eneyoduke(m): 8:26am On Jan 30, 2020
Amotekun is also known as Isakaba, it will fight all spiritual and physical attack
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Kingrefreshed: 8:28am On Jan 30, 2020
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by solmusdesigns: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2020
oglalasioux:

I was thinking he said a very valid thing especially on the ritual killing angle.

Amotekun has its mandate. and thats trans border interstate highway crimes and criminality in the forest and remote areas

urban ritual killings would be handle by NPF
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Peacecoy19: 8:30am On Jan 30, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Oba Lil Wayne
. The Oba was so so right in his observation.

2 Likes

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by oglalasioux(m): 8:32am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Amotekun has its mandate. and thats trans border interstate highway crimes and criminality in the forest and remote areas

urban ritual killings would be handle by NPF

Putting the cart before the horse. Goodluck to you, please.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Lanre0: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2020
Amotekun will definitely turn to another Boko haram in the southwest. Because politicians will use the outfit against their opponents. Nigeria Politicians have over the years destroyed all our institutions, Traditional, religious, educational , judicial system, medical, cultural value & many other sectors. politicians, while daily squandering our money, engage in ritual killings, distribute guns to hoodlums during elections to later be used for kidnapping, assassinations & armed robbery. Good talk from this highly respected royal father, Oluwo of Iwo land.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Kiezodumah(m): 8:50am On Jan 30, 2020
Something tells me deep within that Amotekun WON'T live up to it's EXPECTATIONS/ HYPE attached to it either in the short or long run eventually. ..I just have that feeling but can't seem to know exactly why. Perhaps, cos yorubas are known to betray their own people. MARK MY WORDS today...

In his words........
" I want to charge all the stakeholders to streamline the activities of Amotekun to prioritize checkmating of ritual killings to protect innocent lives and enact death penalty for any culprit caught killing human for rituals. I’m not happy with ritual killers.""

When we all know the reason for it's establishment. Even the Fulanis know

I made the statement above on a similar thread on Amotekun some days ago. Some1 quoted me, others indifferent.
Now una don dey see the cracks small small. Only time would tell. The infiltration from within has already started.
I hope it won't be made as physiologically impotent as much as it would anatomically/ structurally.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by TUANKU(m): 9:06am On Jan 30, 2020
The man has a point though, considering the amount of skull miners and paedophiles in that region.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by TUANKU(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2020
HAKYN1:

Stay off drugs or download a fresh brain from Jumia
Ignore the bigoted fool.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2020
[s]
GeoAfrikana:
This is the kind of comment I like to hear; apolitical and realistic.

I believe that one primary reason why we won't be able to combat insecurity in the country is our politicization of deaths and threats. Any killing, robbery or kidnapping is automatically linked to herdsmen even without an iota of relationship. What nonsense?!

I've travelled to all corners of this country and I can tell you that every tribe commits as worse crime as these so-called herdsmen.

In the east, go to Onitsha and Owerri markets, O my God! Daylight robbery, duping and killing. In fact there are some areas in that Onitsha market that even police can't enter.

In the north, specifically in Mabushi, Abuja, robbers will cut off your arm if you refuse to handover your bag.

Do you remember the video of Birom people who killed and roasted a whole congregation of worshippers on Salah day? No one escaped. That video made me think of Birom people as cannibals until I met a Birom guy during my NYSC.

My friend was almost lynched by some thugs near Aba market on a business trip. If not for one public transport driver (also an easterners) that threw him in his bus and drove him away, they would have killed him there. Funny enough those guys claimed to be avenging MNK by robbing foreigners. Of course we know that as crazy as MNK may be he can't approve such barbarism.

In the south-west here, just yesterday I saw a man who was robbed by local armed thieves. Many children and adults go missing. Don't even mention body snatchers, those ones are story for another day.

Many people will come for this man's throat and kidney but he has spoken the bitter truth. The number of people we lose to ritualists is immeasurable compared to herdsmen attacks.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't condemn and attack criminal herdsmen but it means we shouldn't always view matters from political and politicians' point of view. If we do then what's the essence of the critical thinking we were taught in school.
[/s]
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by emmasege: 10:50am On Jan 30, 2020
Here comes the controversial man again.

Oro were nikan lo ma nyato.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by toprealman: 11:18am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:
Na hin own go always different.. Emir Igbolabi
Truth is not always palatable.....but if you swallow it, you will find out it is non-fattening.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by odedinigbin(m): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2020
Be like say dis small boy king don dey get sense small small?
Abi no be Emir of Iwo be dis?
Nawa ooooooooooooooooooo
My first time of hearing/reading something reasonable from him!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I advice he stop d iwo sheepe & weed
Truly,its not really good for his health.
My kind advice though
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Empiree: 2:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
helinues:
Abi

Agreeing with Oba Akanbi for the first time. SW past and present leaders never cared about tackling the Ritualist menace.. May be they are beneficiaries sha
Bcus they have always been culprits that's why they don't care.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by delpee(f): 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
That’s one of the things stated by the conveners. They’re to uproot those yeye shrines in the forests just like OPC assisted in closing the chapter on Badoo in Ikorodu.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by dragunov: 3:23am On Jan 31, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Government Bans Social Gatherings At This Year's Osun-Osogbo Festival / Timothy Ogundele (Macof) Is After My Life / Beautiful Masquerade Of Obollo Afor Nsukka In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.