Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo (26793 Views)

Obasanjo: When Protocol Clashes With Tradition - Olalekan Adetayo / The Return Of SAP By Chris Adetayo / "Wole Soyinka You Are A Benefactor Of Tinubu Criminality"— Barrister Olalekan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by richmanrichard: 7:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by richmanrichard: 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
richmanrichard:
finally, the coneheads has joined the flat heads in wailing. Mind u am a flat head& the op is a conehead.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by eagleu: 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
solmus:

changing service chiefs is more than changinf tactics, many would get sumarily retired, comand structure would change, and new policies would have to be newly developed

Lie Mohammed, you have to do better defending your government than this oh!
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2020
You can tell that dude is operating at 12%
His replies are incoherent at best

samsard:
Nigga, what are you even saying?
They need to change those tired service chiefs.
Buhari and his crop overthrew their boss, no moral ground. But the topic is different. Change the old hands, you can't tell us that the army has no other capable minds!
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
Think of it this way
You have a beautiful hotel and you hire a manager, if he/she runs it down, you should change managers or management structure

Nigeria needs to break up in my humble opinion,

BreconHills:
The writer falls into the same pit most Nigerians do. The idea that changing men causes a change in a system. No matter how many men are changed, the Nigerian system will remain unchanged. Until we attack the core of the system nothing will change. This is a country that lives for and worships money. Once a new source of money springs up, a system grows around it to protect it. It could be kidnapping, one chance, yahoo, rituals - immediately it appears to be a valid system that works, it will attract and become a self sustaining node in the system.

Changing Presidents or governors or service chiefs changes nothing. It's just musical chairs.

The only way of changing the country is to create consumer rights that allow even the poor enjoy decent services. This will represent an implied tax on ostentation. If a landlord builds a house the design and features must be fit for use irrespective of where it is. Once we improve functionality at the base of society we place an implied tax on those who want to live large and this creates disincentive for killers, robbers etc
Create a functional society at the base and watch crime and insecurity shrink.

But we love the drama of shiny new things - even shiny new appointments until those things too become old.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by richmanrichard: 8:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
Now i believe that nairaland encourages tribalism. Type 'flat head' together it shows 'igbo', but type 'coneheads' it shows 'coneheads instead of yoruba'. In other words;nairaland has stored flat heads as igbo in their database.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by adecz: 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
Buhari does not know the
Boko haram war is still on.

His security Chiefs told him
BH has been defeated..

That is why he is freeing the
de-radicalised BH fighters..
cool cool cool
cool cool cool shocked

We don enter original one chance!!

2 Likes

Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by ChoCho54(f): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
solmus:

changing service chiefs is more than changinf tactics, many would get sumarily retired, comand structure would change, and new policies would have to be newly developed
What are you talking about?

The people to replace them are people already in the system and in the inner security caucus.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by BreconHills(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Think of it this way
You have a beautiful hotel and you hire a manager, if he/she runs it down, you should change managers or management structure

Nigeria needs to break up in my humble opinion,

And if the underlying circumstances remain unchanged eg poor pricing, rapacious owner and wrong location, demptivated staff the same thing happens again and you keep changing managers. Life is not like PS4 Football manager.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by solmus: 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2020
ChoCho54:
What are you talking about?

The people to replace them are people already in the system and in the inner security caucus.

doesnt work that way, for instance using Police for an example, if you pick a comissioner as an IG , DIG and AIG would be fired as in the case of IG transmission, a service chief change would seriously upset the system
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
The underlying circumstance is Nigeria as an entity. It was not made to be productive and would never be productive, especially with this wack constitution.
From a region being one of the first to have radio stations and skyscrapers to a whole country not being able to tackle electricity.

If Nigeria breaks up, in less than 5 years each region would fix electricity and so many ills,

BreconHills:

And if the underlying circumstances remain unchanged eg poor pricing, rapacious owner and wrong location, demptivated staff the same thing happens again and you keep changing managers. Life is not like PS4 Football manager.

1 Like

Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by ChoCho54(f): 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
solmus:

doesnt work that way, for instance using Police for an example, if you pick a comissioner as an IG , DIG and AIG would be fired as in the case of IG transmission, a service chief change would seriously upset the system
Ok. Good night.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by DexterousOne(m): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
Tonyspecial:
Vision 2020

This is in front of unilag cheesy
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by DexterousOne(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
The underlying circumstance is Nigeria as an entity. It was not made to be productive and would never be productive, especially with this wack constitution.
From a region being one of the first to have radio stations and skyscrapers to a whole country not being able to tackle electricity.

If Nigeria breaks up, in less than 5 years each region would fix electricity and so many ills,

I actually disagree

Nigeria is the way it is because of our collective value system has been eroded

It has nothing to do with division or togetherness

Whether we disintegrated or not
If we don't correct the value system

Nothing will change
And there will be no development

Once upon a time, northern Nigeria generated its own revenue
Same with the South

Now what happened?

Once upon a time we believed honesty was the best policy

What happened?

Nigeria does not have electricity because ENTRENCHED interests across the country does not want it to happen

Breaking the country will not remove those interest

We need to get rid of them first

Nigeria need serious restructuring

And reorientation

Canada system just might fit us

Or Switzerland

1 Like

Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by DexterousOne(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
BreconHills:

Exactly

The underlying issues must be handled first
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by Charly68: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2020
Buhari has lost his relevance with his subtle agenda to acquire many territories for his Fulani allies but that vision is a big joke that will surely collapse.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
I think you are agreeing with me
From the beginning everybody knew Nigeria would fail, but the British wanted it, so the founding fathers at least asked to control their own destinies to a large extent. Till the military changed it.

Nigeria would end up like Central African Republic, set up by France to fail and it has failed, yet it is one of the richest piece of real estate.

You can't put very different people together, especially a people like Fulani's, no country can develop with them.

https://confluence.gallatin.nyu.edu › ...
Web results
Guinea's Ethnic Conflict – Confluence
fulani conflicts in guinea from confluence.gallatin.nyu.edu
30 Oct 2019 · My goal for this paper is to further explore the ethnic conflict mainly between the Malinke tribe and the Fula tribe in

www.aljazeera.com
Web results
Mali in crisis: The fight between the Dogon and Fulani
fulani conflicts in mali from www.aljazeera.com
24 Aug 2019 · We meet with Dogon and Fulani leaders to unpack the ... It is an ancestral conflict that

https://www.researchgate.net › 3195...
(PDF) TRANSHUMANT PASTORALISM IN CENTRAL AFRICA: EMERGING ...
18 Dec 2019 · Armed conflict involving Fulani pastoralists and transhumance routes in the tri-border region of Central Africa

DexterousOne:

I actually disagree

Nigeria is the way it is because of our collective value system has been eroded

It has nothing to do with division or togetherness

Whether we disintegrated or not
If we don't correct the value system

Nothing will change
And there will be no development

Once upon a time, northern Nigeria generated its own revenue
Same with the South

Now what happened?

Once upon a time we believed honesty was the best policy

What happened?

Nigeria does not have electricity because ENTRENCHED interests across the country does not want it to happen

Breaking the country will not remove those interest

We need to get rid of them first

Nigeria need serious restructuring

And reorientation

Canada system just might fit us

Or Switzerland
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by DexterousOne(m): 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
I think you are agreeing with me
From the beginning everybody knew Nigeria would fail, but the British wanted it, so the founding fathers at least asked to control their own destinies to a large extent.

Nigeria would end up like Central African Republic, set up by France to fail and it has failed, yet it is one of the richest piece of real estate.

You can't put 2 very different people together, especially a people like Fulani's

The north and the south made their money within NIGERIA

Nigeria has one of the biggest prospects to succeed

But bad leadership ruined it

And yes
Different people can live and form a country (United kingdom, Canada, Belgium, the USA and Swiss is proof) as long as there is an understanding

But when there is no understanding and agreement

Even similAr people cannot live in one roof (Somalia is proof of that )

If poverty was not an issue in Nigeria
And people were not suffering so much

There won't be high clamour for secession

1 Like

Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
BREXIT!
While Britain is trying to limit the entry of Eastern Europeans, they are convincing us to be one country and then mock us that we are "fantastically corrupt"

DexterousOne:

The north and the south made their money within NIGERIA

Nigeria has one of the biggest prospects to succeed

But bad leadership ruined it

And yes
Different people can live and form a country (United kingdom, Canada, Belgium, the USA and Swiss is proof) as long as there is an understanding
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by DexterousOne(m): 9:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
BREXIT!
While Britain is trying to limit the entry of Eastern Europeans, they are convincing us to be one country and then mock us that we are "fantastically corrupt"

The same British that did brexit does not want Scotland to secede from Britain

So what are we saying

Many Scots are in favour of remaining in Britain
That is why Britain has won every referendum

So your comparison is wrong

Leaving an economic union is not the same as dividing a country

1 Like

Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by KenModi(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2020
spafu:
The president is surprised by the activities of those whom he had failed to deal with. It's over four years, since Buhari became president, everything thing he made has gotten worse and has improved nothing, except in the eyes of those zombies like the suya seller here, who is now a full-time jobless herdman relying on #30,000 to defend the indefensible.
For heaven sake, why should a man with Buhari's military experience wait for people to demand for a change of service chiefs? The man is such a daft president.
Thank God I no longer rely on the Nigerian government to feed. You can confirm that in my signature.

Buhari is afraid of a coup d’etat. The familair faces make him comfortable

2 Likes

Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by berrystunn(m): 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
solmus:
cool

Buhari was once a service chief and he knows the implication of changing service chiefs during a battle

Jonathan foolishly listened to pressure of changing service chiefs and Nigeria recorded major death toll and territory capture, what did Jonthan benefit from cowardly sacking ihejirike

Listen to your self
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by berrystunn(m): 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
Anyone that believe in this government, believe in devil

1 Like

Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by BreconHills(m): 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

This is an assumption. No matter how many ways you divide a diseased body, the body remains diseased. As someone who was young but had memories of the regions and who looks forward to what I consider to be their inevitable restoration let me add a caveat. None of the old regions has the towering personalities that led it until the ill fated Unification decree. Leadership is fragmented. There are no Awolowos, Ziks, Ahmadu Bellos or issac Boros. What have we have are a gang of tainted personalities with enough money to stymie any electoral process. The likelihood is a repetition of the same situation at the current Federal level.

Do I want the present situation to continue ad infinitum? No. Do I think we should return to regions tomorrow? No. If we do we make the same mistakes that frustrated the first republic. First is economic integration. The SW DAWN commission is doing very well with this. Next transportation and infrastructure. Once these three things are in place we have the building blocks for the type of society we want. I give it 2 -3 more election cycles. The North unknown to many, has seen the writing on the wall and they are trying to prepare as well. The SE may end up being the worst prepared because of their insistence on a complete break which is romantic but unrealistic. I do not even believe that SE leaders are preparing for a federation I rather thing they are using secession as a bargaining tool. But we shall see.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2020
It is not an assumption !!
It has been proven by Awo.
The reason most politicians are useless is because they can hide being the cancer called Nigeria. It's not a coincidence that no politician of repute has raised out of the SW.

The North is already gone
Most just can't see it just yet.
You can't survive 4 terrorist organizations.
ALL those high caliber weaponry in the hands of a largely illiterate generation that has tasted blood.

BreconHills:

This is an assumption. No matter how many ways you divide a diseased body, the body remains diseased. As someone who was young but had memories of the regions and who looks forward to what I consider to be their inevitable restoration let me add a caveat. None of the old regions has the towering personalities that led it until the ill fated Unification decree. Leadership is fragmented. There are no Awolowos, Ziks, Ahmadu Bellos or issac Boros. What have we have are a gang of tainted personalities with enough money to stymie any electoral process. The likelihood is a repetition of the same situation at the current Federal level.

Do I want the present situation to continue ad infinitum? No. Do I think we should return to regions tomorrow? No. If we do we make the same mistakes that frustrated the first republic. First is economic integration. The SW DAWN commission is doing very well with this. Next transportation and infrastructure. Once these three things are in place we have the building blocks for the type of society we want. I give it 2 -3 more election cycles. The North unknown to many, has seen the writing on the wall and they are trying to prepare as well. The SE may end up being the worst prepared because of their insistence on a complete break which is romantic but unrealistic. I do not even believe that SE leaders are preparing for a federation I rather thing they are using secession as a bargaining tool. But we shall see.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
To a large extent, Scotland controls it's affairs, they have their own police, and little army

DexterousOne:

The same British that did brexit does not want Scotland to secede from Britain

So what are we saying

Many Scots are in favour of remaining in Britain
That is why Britain has won every referendum

So your comparison is wrong

Leaving an economic union is not the same as dividing a country
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by delawal: 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
who are those that voted for failure. make una come collect una report card.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by Greatkenny2: 10:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
solmus:
cool

Buhari was once a service chief and he knows the implication of changing service chiefs during a battle

Jonathan foolishly listened to pressure of changing service chiefs and Nigeria recorded major death toll and territory capture, what did Jonthan benefit from cowardly sacking ihejirike

So you’re in support of not changing service chiefs even in front of glaring incompetence
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by bejeria101(m): 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
Racoon:

-"I am surprised bandits (armed terrorists) are still killing people"- President Buhari.

-"Bombing Has Reduced, Nigerians Should Be Thankful"-Femi Adeshina.

The suyaman and sarrki don't see anything wrong with what the daura last cowbender is doing,isn't femi adeshina keeping scores that more have died in Jonathan government than this integrity government, thank God bombing has reduced that its only beheading that they do now! Is femi adeshina human at all?
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by AreaFada2: 5:36am On Jan 31, 2020
chriskosherbal:
I swear op that topic is laughable ;Dthat word tired does the final nailing.
Dude, they were never energetic, innovative or keen to begin with?
It is the press up man Buratai was was actually energetic? He was too busy investing his loot in Dubai.

To be fair, the problem of insecurity is far beyond service chiefs even if they were not seriously corrupt and indolent.

The system isn't set up to work. Therefore no sector is working. Security is just one part of the failed system.
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by bigtt76(f): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2020
Of the service chiefs, only the IG of Police has been changed in recent time by the regime ....did it change the crime situation or police extortion in the land? undecided

Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/a-president-and-his-tired-service-chiefs
Re: A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo by Emmaoj44: 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2020
It is obvious that the President himself don't make any other finding apart from what the service chiefs feed him. During the regime of OBJ, he will send you and send some one else after you to ensure you are that he has balanced facts. I keep asking this question; does GMB read Nigeria newspapers? Does he watch Nigeria TV? He recently said that history will be fair to him, Really? If only he knows that if things continue this way, he would have succeeded in leaving Nigeria worse than he met it. Can he point to any area of our National life that is healthy at the moment? Only time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail Application / Milton Friedman On Slavery And Colonialism. A Must Watch For Africans / Yola Blast’s Dead Toll Hits 70, Poly Loses Four Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.