Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,595 members, 7,823,583 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary (2655 Views)

My Dad Was Right: This Is The Most Bitter Fact About Dealing With Women / Her Dad Was At The Party, She Was Right.. Her Reasons / Is There Any Risk In Asking For A Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by partnerbizn5(m): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
Pastor Adeboye recently got scathed for advising his son to sack his secretary who he ostensibly found attractive.
This revelation elicited ambivalent reactions.

Now, I am not Adeboye's votary. Neither am I holding his brief. BUT I support his position for the following reasons.

First off, lesser evil is always chosen whenever there are two evils. If the son finds the secretary insanely attractive, it's unhealthy for him and the business as he might soon find himself in dalliance with her.

Sexual assault or rape can also occur.

The lesser evil, it appears, is to relieve her of her responsibilities or reduce contact with her by transferring her to another department.

One would ask if I would say the same thing if the Secretary were my sister.

My response to that the first aim in business is profit. And that's why anything that will jeopardize that or lead to unnecessary conflict of interest is frowned upon no matter how unpopular it may be.

It's for similar reasons some firms maintain
"No couples in the same department policy"

It's for similar reason that coca cola sacked it's driver for taking pepsi.

What's more, those saying the son should have controlled himself don't understand the difference in sexes respecting physiology, anatomy and biology.

They don't understand equality and equity too.

People are different.

The current vice president of the USA does not stay in any place with a woman except if the wife is there too. That's a preventive measure.

There is a reason Eunuchs were employed to guard in women's quarters.

They should have asked the women( or employ normal men and ask them) to control themselves.

Same people criticising Adeboye are uncomfortable having sexy house helps instead of asking their husbands to control himself.

People sack drivers to protect their daughters, some sack nannies for paedophile tendencies so as to protect sons.

Also, the Bible says you should flee from occasion of sin, that's for the Christians.

MTN DATA PROMO
1GB 440; 2GB 880; 3GB 1300; 4gb 1650; 5Gb 2050 etc.
We have sold to over 4326 Nairaland people from here.
See testimonies and details below. Click : https://www.nairaland.com/3734201/etisalat-mtn-1gb-650-2gb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by kiddoiLL(m): 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2020
WTF is lesser Evil??
At least if you have no idea about Evil being evil, Go watch the Witcher so you learn that “Lesser Evil, Greater Evil, Middling Evil” is crap.
Evil is evil!!!
Will God pass judgement based on lesser Evil and greater evil?
you guys really need some reality check

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by proclinician: 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
Dear sanctimonious hypocrite, if your boss fire your stupid ass on grounds of the prevailing circumstances not minding how difficult it is to get a job in the country and not minding how ur family ia surviving because of the wage u get from the job would u consider it a just decision or not?

Pls say yes or no. A lot of people here are idiots and will start talking irrelevant things. Dont be one.

Say

Yes

Or

No

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by Gofwane(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
Why didn't he ask his Son to resign instead of sacking the secretary?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by tpiar: 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
It's hard, but who here wouldn't fire a houseboy/ assistant or male secretary if he noticed his wife/girlfriend/female relative getting excited about the person?

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by ImaIma1(f): 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
I get his point though. I remember a Pastor gisted us about how they recruited a secretary for him. The final stage of the recruitment process was to meet the pastor. He said when he met her, he told them to tell her that she was over qualified. He said having her around and waiting on him would make him have an attachment with her. And he saw all that just from their first meeting.

These pastors are men. Their reproductive/sexual system didn't join them to get born again. It's just for them.to exercise self control and try as much as possible to eliminate temptation as much as they can. That secretary was probably his spec.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by tpiar: 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
Who sent the secretary sef.
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by LordFriar: 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
proclinician:
Dear sanctimonious hypocrite, if your boss fire your stupid ass on grounds of the prevailing circumstances not minding how difficult it is to get a job in the country and not minding how ur family ia surviving because of the wage u get from the job would u consider it a just decision or not?...

Hey bruh.
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by proclinician: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
ImaIma1:
I get his point though. I remember a Pastor gisted us about how they recruited a secretary for him. The final stage of the recruitment process was to meet the pastor. He said when he met her, he told them to tell her that she was over qualified. He said having her around and waiting on him would make him have an attachment with her. And he saw all that just from their first meeting.

These pastors are men. Their reproductive/sexual system didn't join them to get born again. It's just for them.to exercise self control and try as much as possible to eliminate temptation as much as they can. That secretary was probably his spec.

So so so and so if ur boss fire u just like that not minding how ur job is helping u survive harsh economic realities, u will consider it just?
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by ImaIma1(f): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
proclinician:

So so so and so if ur boss fire u just like that not minding how ur job is helping u survive harsh economic realities, u will consider it just?

People have been fired for far less reasons or for no reason at all. A job will always come again. A better one. Besides, she could have resigned from the job for one reason or the other too. Nothing is caste in stone

Everyone is just seeing it from the perspective of the harsh economy.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by proclinician: 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
ImaIma1:

People have been fired for far less reasons or for no reason at all. A job will always come again. A better one. Besides, she could have resigned from the job for one reason or the other too. Nothing is caste in stone

Would u consider it just or not she's talking nonsense. What is wrong with you?
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
ImaIma1:

my own is she should be compensated
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
Yes, he gave a right counsel that the secretary should be sacked, but they should have given the secretary money to start up something. Eg., Telling her that a family member who needs a job badly is coming to take her position, then give her some cash for her to use to start something. It is wrong to sack an innocent person without compensation.
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by Offpoint: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2020
Useless write up, your son was lusting over a woman and you fired the innocent woman for that...

What happens to firing your own son?

Anybody trying to justify this nonsense on whatsoever ground, should be shot dead and the body detach limp by limp and thrown into the ocean.

Nigerians, once you're a religious leader your actions are automatically unquestionable.
Whatever you do you're right, they'll back it up with bible verses.

So as a pastor son, if I walk down the street and I see a woman with a nice azz and I lust over it. it's justifiable if my father cuts the woman azz out cuz I was lusting over.
He's actions is justify because you lots lack understanding of Mark 9:47

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by ImaIma1(f): 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
proclinician:

Would u consider it just or not she's talking nonsense. What is wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me. I don't know if something is wrong with you
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by tartar9(m): 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
Jesus said cut off your hand if it makes you sin...not cut off another person's hand.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by nlPoster: 9:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Many of the responses here make one wonder if the secretary was a plant sent to seduce or spy on the company.

The efforts people are expending should be used towards creating more jobs in an economy so people dont feel there are no other employment opportunities elsewhere.
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by BafanaBafana: 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
Crap
The op said sexual assault or rape can also occur.
That sounds annoyingly stupid.
The lady in question might be a highly decent individual whom the boss finds attractive because she is good at her job and makes his work easier.
she might be a lady with excellent people skills.
It is cruel to fire an employee because she is pretty or exciting

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by CrownPrincehawk(m): 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
NA waiting the world turn you into,them go use abuse you. Adeboye have foresight of what is about to happen. The boy will pay off his secretary, it's allowed in the sight of equity.
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by partnerbizn5(m): 6:37am On Feb 01, 2020
CrownPrincehawk:
NA waiting the world turn you into,them go use abuse you. Adeboye have foresight of what is about to happen. The boy will pay off his secretary, it's allowed in the sight of equity.

Yes
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by SirLiquidGold: 7:02am On Feb 01, 2020
Gofwane:
Why didn't he ask his Son to resign instead of sacking the secretary?
that's another intelligent way to approach the issue... But you wouldn't leave your business just because your workers don't like you. Or would you?
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by 2dice01: 7:11am On Feb 01, 2020
tartar9:
Jesus said cut off your hand if it makes you sin...not cut off another person's hand.
My Point exactly

The woman has no fault the best they should have done is transfer her to another branch or find another work for her or set her up

Nobody can tell me sack someone and i will do that without thinking with my own brain before i act

las las even pastors are human mistake are bound to happen
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2020
All this sheeples sha cheesy
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by 2SWT(f): 8:44am On Feb 01, 2020
Although I agree with the part of cutting of the distraction, but I feel sacking her was way overboard. Moving her to another department would have been the best thing to do.

Now the poor girl is there without any job most likely
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by mumumugu(m): 12:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
partnerbizn5:
Pastor Adeboye recently got scathed for advising his son to sack his secretary who he ostensibly found attractive.
This revelation elicited ambivalent reactions.

Now, I am not Adeboye's votary. Neither am I holding his brief. BUT I support his position for the following reasons.

First off, lesser evil is always chosen whenever there are two evils. If the son finds the secretary insanely attractive, it's unhealthy for him and the business as he might soon find himself in dalliance with her.

Sexual assault or rape can also occur.

The lesser evil, it appears, is to relieve her of her responsibilities or reduce contact with her by transferring her to another department.

One would ask if I would say the same thing if the Secretary were my sister.

My response to that the first aim in business is profit. And that's why anything that will jeopardize that or lead to unnecessary conflict of interest is frowned upon no matter how unpopular it may be.

It's for similar reasons some firms maintain
"No couples in the same department policy"

It's for similar reason that coca cola sacked it's driver for taking pepsi.

What's more, those saying the son should have controlled himself don't understand the difference in sexes respecting physiology, anatomy and biology.

They don't understand equality and equity too.

People are different.

The current vice president of the USA does not stay in any place with a woman except if the wife is there too. That's a preventive measure.

There is a reason Eunuchs were employed to guard in women's quarters.

They should have asked the women( or employ normal men and ask them) to control themselves.

Same people criticising Adeboye are uncomfortable having sexy house helps instead of asking their husbands to control himself.

People sack drivers to protect their daughters, some sack nannies for paedophile tendencies so as to protect sons.

Also, the Bible says you should flee from occasion of sin, that's for the Christians.

IF YOUR EYE LEAD UOI YO SIN, CUT IT OFF. TGE GUY SHOULD CUT OFF HIS KPEKUS FIR THAT IS LEADING HIM TO SIN.

WHAT IF HIS BOSS IS A WOMAN WHO IS LUSTING OVER HIM. SHOULD SHE SACK HIM TOO?

CONTROL YOURSELF NOT ANOTHER PERSON
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Well, I guess being attractive is now a sin. If she doesn't throw herself at him and make gestures at him that would stir up lustful desires, then sacking her isn't the right thing to do. If he feels tempted or romantically attracted to her, then he's the one who should work on himself. Why did he employ her in the first place?
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by kingxsamz(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
ImaIma1:

And when he finds another spec in that same work environment, he should sack her also?
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by kingxsamz(m): 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
ImaIma1:

Would you consider it just?

It's a yes or no answer.
Stop saying things that are not relevant.
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by ImaIma1(f): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Would you consider it just?

It's a yes or no answer.
Stop saying things that are not relevant.

And what would my yes or no do for you?

Is everything always black or white?
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by kingxsamz(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
ImaIma1:

And what would my yes or no do for you?

Is everything always black or white?

grin seems you're not sure where you belong.
This is a matter of right or wrong.
So answer, yes or no. grin
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by nlPoster: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

And when he finds another spec in that same work environment, he should sack her also?

They probably wont send the same spec as the previous one, after that experience.

Either he'll get a more suitable employee who wont be distracting, or the next secretary would bring in her whole family to greet him just to reassure she's not a threat. Whole family including grandparents sef.
Re: Adeboye Was Right In Asking Son To Sack Secretary by ImaIma1(f): 11:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin seems you're not sure where you belong.
This is a matter of right or wrong.
So answer, yes or no. grin

Your blackmail won't work.

I am not the yes or no type, so quit.

Let me paint another scenario for you...

Let's say a wife and husband agree to get a maid. He travels and says she should continue with the search while he's away. She gets one and has paid her for one or two months before he gets back.

He gets back and sees the maid and says he doesn't want that one for one reason or another. That the wife should ask her to go. They fire her and she's out of work.

Is this wrong?

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Full Download: Chief Keef Finally Rich Zip Album. / Floxy The Nymphomaniac Girl … (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.