Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,397 members, 7,836,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice (831 Views)

Someone Would Like To Have Your Opinion On This!sincere Opinion / What Should I Do? I Need Sincere Opinion: / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by kollyshow: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
Hi all,
I am in a relationship that is just clocking 2 years, I love my lady and she loves me too, We stay together now cos of accommodation issues, but something I didn't consider important initially now becomes what is giving me sleepless nights now and its genotype.

Both of us are AS. When we were about to start this relationship, she asked me of my genotype and I assumed it was AA, along the line I got to know that am AS. I am really confused now as its dawning on me that future may not be what we have envisaged because of the genotype issue.

Guys, am confused of what next to do, am scared of taking the risk and at the same time don't want to loose her. Its seriously confusing.

Please advice me.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by kmoneyE(m): 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
@ OP Since you truelly love her and it will be very difficult to tell you to stop the relationship** But be rest assured that some of your offsprings will still be AA, AS and possibly one SS,
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Odunnu: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
Brace yourself. I had a similar problem,we talked and agreed to disagree. I swear,both of you are not even in love with each other as we were.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by iyatrustee(f): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
yes you love each other but what happens to your unborn children? i believe you can both talk about it and find a way to end the relationship in such a way that none of you would be offended. i know of someone whose wife is AS like him. their first 2 children are SS and its not funny.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by 190: 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2010
Genotype wahala AGAIN

I am an AA,
mz.darkskin an AA
Odunnu an AA

but mr.cock is an A.S.S!! (thats a new genotype)
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by kollyshow: 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
When you think of the pain of starting all over again, you can imagine the thrill it sends into you and the most painful aspect of it all is that the lady thinks I have gotten another lady that's y am bringing it up.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
how did ur matter end now? are guys still together? or have parted ways
Odunnu:

Brace yourself. I had a similar problem,we talked and agreed to disagree. I swear,both of you are not even in love with each other as we were.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Dsense(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2010
@op.
I feel your dilemma,Infcat i can't ask you guys to continue neither to quit, i'm just speechless . . .Sorry!!!
190:

Genotype wahala AGAIN

I am an AA,
mz.darkskin an AA
Odunnu an AA

but mr.cock is an A.S.S!! (thats a new genotype)

Mr Cock is A.S.S . . . . . shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Ifedisky(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
There are ways around that issue now but it is very messy but itz still an option if you definitely cannot let go. A cousin of mine has this same problem three years ago. They saw this Doc in Lagos who told them there's a way of determining a pre-foetal genotype,(at earliest period of conception, takes away the moral recrimations of abortion) if itz SS, you flush. I wouldn't know if they flushed any but they now have a bouncing baby boy who's AA, I think.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by kokoye(m): 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2010
For the sake of your unborn, pls go your separate ways.

It is not worth it.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Odunnu: 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
toba:

how did your matter end now? are guys still together? or have parted ways
We agreed to disagree. Yes,we parted ways.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Dsense(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2010
Odunnu:

wow . . . . , Eeyah . ,
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by HTownEve(f): 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2010
Awwwww.
Do some research.  It seems like fertility centers are able to help with that these days.  
But talk about it and find out if you can make AA babies with the help of recent technologies before you proceed to marriage.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by kokoye(m): 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
Odunnu:

Good move . .no matter how tough.

A cousin of mine had to part ways with his girl cos of the same issue. We're talking 15 years, both now married with kids and the girl has still not forgiven him - she curses him out at every opportunity.

I have seen good families torn part because of the precense of one or two AS kids. not worth it.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by HTownEve(f): 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2010
The Use of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) to Detect and Avoid Sickle Cell Anemia at the Fertility Institutes

The above also depends on how much money you have and are willing to spend.  You could also adopt. 

Most of all; communicate with each other.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Ladyrsky46: 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2010
If you can't afford ^^^, I won't advice you to continue.
Caring for an SS child isn't easy. It'll break your spirit watching your child in pain. Your child will ask you why you still went on.
In some SS kids, it causes so much psychological effects because some don't develop at puberty like their AA/AS agemates. The side effects of bloodtranfusions, medications are just too much.
Trust me, if your love is not strong enough and you don't have great family, spiritual, financial, health and mental support, it can tear your family apart and do you in. It'll be better if you don't even have kids(horrible, but the truth).
I'm not been mean, but the healthcare in Nigeria is not the best either.
It's not worth the hassle if you ask me except you're willing to adopt, use preimplantation genetic diagnosis or go through the IVF route.
Pray about it though. Your case might be different. With God, all things are possible. God help you.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
Wake up and be an adult dude, when the SS child comes along all this your coni love go vanish.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by kittykat1(f): 4:48am On Dec 11, 2010
@ poster
HTown Eve:

The Use of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) to Detect and Avoid Sickle Cell Anemia at the Fertility Institutes

The above also depends on how much money you have and are willing to spend.  You could also adopt. 

Most of all; communicate with each other.

wat Htown said is very true, my coz did it and they have two kids who are not sicklers. So think abt it.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by obowunmi(m): 5:24am On Dec 11, 2010
No such thing as love, pls use the brain God gave you.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by kollyshow: 9:30am On Dec 11, 2010
Thank you guys, I really appreciate you all for your time and advice.
My Regards.
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2010
I won't advice u to remain or separate but u both should seek counselling from a medical professional.
Best of luck!!!
Re: Nairalanders, Please I Need Your Sincere Opinion And Advice by Phate07(m): 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2010

Love is not blind! So leave the relationship now, before your children begins to blame you for their own future misfortunes. angry

(1) (Reply)

To Lola With Love / What Do I Do? / How Many No Before The Yes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.