Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years (67184 Views)

Bodo-Bonny Road: FG Provides ₦‎20 Billion Augmentation Fee / Fashola Visits Main Bridge Of The Bonny-Bodo Road Project (Photos) / New Kano Three Level Bridge Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Racoon(m): 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
So government is no more a continuum? It is government responsibility to provide dividends of good governance. Some zombies overdrive is appalling.

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2020
Racoon:
So government is no more a continuum? It is government responsibility to provide dividends of good governance. So zombies overdrive is appalling.

Yet other governments as far back as 50yrs ago did not remember that government is a continuum including your eternally drunk, fedora wearing, gin guzzling hero who happens to be from that region

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
Mrexcell:

So u really mean that this project have not even been completed yet but the apc propaganda machinery has gone to the press to be claiming that buharig have already completed it?

Point out where I said it has been completed.

I suppose Bonny-Bodo bridge is now standing now translates to it being finished or the roads will soon be completed also means they are completed abi?

I guess you did not read the OP

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by chozzy: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
Staro:

Lol, see ZOMBIES praising Buhari for NLNG's effort

Before anyone comes to praise Buhari, tell him to release FG's share of
the cost to Julius Berger to enable them complete the project.

This project was awarded to JB at #120B but to be shared equally between
FG and NLNG (#60b each).

NLNG has since paid up their own #60b to JB which they have used to move the project to
about 60% but FG is yet to pay up their own #60b to enable JB complete the work

I knew FG were going to play games.

Why not simply ask NLNG to fund the entire bridge and get a refund from future taxes?
Same arrangement done with Dangote in the case Oworonshoki - Oshodi - Apapa expressway

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by chozzy: 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Point out where I said it has been completed.

I suppose Bonny-Bodo bridge is now standing now translates to it being finished or the roads will soon be completed also means they are completed abi?

I guess you did not read the OP

Bodo-Bonny road and bridge started under GEJ.

Buhari inherited the projects and rewarded the bridge but I heard only NLNG is funding it for now.
FG is only paying lip service.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
chozzy:

Bodo-Bonny road and bridge started under GEJ.

Buhari inherited the projects and rewarded the bridge but I heard only NLNG is funding it for now.
FG is only paying lip service.

Yet it was Buhari who signed a JV for it's commencement. I guess you did not read the OP where it clearly stated that the project is 50 years old.

GEJ ko GEQ no

GEJ must have started it from your land of illusions

What service did GEJ pay? Ass service?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Coldie(m): 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:
Yet for some reason a section of Nigeria hates Buhari despite his desire to ensure all past plans meant to put Nigeria right are carried out and concluded
Which one is a section of the country?

There are Buhari haters everywhere don't limit it to anybody?

All sections of the country like Buhari as much as not everybody loves him. In every 12 there must be a judas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
Coldie:

Which one is a section of the country?

There are Buhari haters everywhere don't limit it to anybody?

All sections of the country like Buhari as much as not everybody loves him. In every 12 there must be a judas

Yes and the largest number of Judases come from my very own South east and that was why I said a section hate him.

We know ourselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by candygist: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
Staro:

FG and NLNG (#60b each).

NLNG has since paid up their own #60b to JB which they have used to move the project to

Where did you get your information from ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
candygist:

Where did you get your information from ?

He got it from Wike the patron liar of PDP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by NGpatriot: 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
chozzy:

It's not completed.

I heard Julius Berger spent NLNG's contribution to bring the bridge up to a level
but FG is delaying releasing their own share as agreed

These miscreants praising Buhari are ignorant

Fashola issues two weeks ultimatum to communities on Bodo-Bonny project

abatunde Fashola, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing has issued a two-week ultimatum to Niger Delta communities along the corridors of Bodo-Bonny bridge project to resolve their differences.

Fashola gave the ultimatum on Thursday in Abuja at a meeting with representatives of communities along the corridor of the project and officials of Julius Berger PLC, the contractor.

He said the meeting was called, following reported cases of attack on the facilities of the contractor that resulted to the withdrawal of its workers from the site.

He said the Federal Government could not afford to tie the money meant for the contract down, adding that the contractor had been paid first installment of mobilsation fees.

“It took time to beg them to release money for the project, so, if you don’t take ownership of it and put it to use, then we might as well tell them to take their money back.

“We need to have a position within two weeks for MoU of compromise to be signed assuring us that there will be peace in that place.

“You must invite the contractor back to site and ensure that you suggest to them anything you want the contractor to do because you can’t take over their business,” he said.

Fashola said the commencement of the project was conceived by the Federal Government within the context of agitation for better quality of life in the Niger Delta.

He said the project was contracted following the efforts of some sons and daughters of the region, the National Assembly through budgetary allocation and the commitment of the NLNG.

“I must emphasised at this time very clearly that it is in your hands as people who will be affected to either own this project or turn your back on it.

“I am sad to hear that the contractor is being attacked, his property in Gitto yard being vandalised, topographic survey and other works being stopped in your communities.

https://insidebusiness.ng/34368/fashola-issues-two-weeks-ultimatum-communities-bodo-bonny-project/

1. You are wrong, the FG is not owing anything, in fact, it was the NLNG that delayed their own payment, this is why Fashola said it took a long time to beg them to release their part of the money and at the moment, no money is owed and the contractor is still working on site.

2. The only delayed was caused by the local communities attacking the contractors and delaying work.

3. Wike should take responsibility for not addressing the issues with his own local communities attacking and driving the contractor away from site and quit blaming other people for his own incompetence.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by solmus: 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
The good side of Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Wizikal(m): 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
Buhari sef get sense pass all our politicians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by NaijadrivaCars: 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
This is nice. I have been to Bodo cool
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Wizikal(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
After fifty years Buhari did it! Was there no Nlng when ebele was ruling?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by AFONJACOW(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
Why do jubrin pix in this picture as if he started it, courtesy of PDP

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by wingmanIII: 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2020
For now this is solely an nlng project. Very fraudulent for buhari and APC to lay claims on it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by frowland(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2020
[s]
Staro:

FG and NLNG (#60b each).

[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by chozzy: 6:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Yet it was Buhari who signed a JV for it's commencement. I guess you did not read the OP where it clearly stated that the project is 50 years old.

GEJ ko GEQ no

GEJ must have started it from your land of illusions

What service did GEJ pay? Ass service?

Bros, is it today you started hearing APC's lies about Buhari completing
a 100yr or 500yr old project?

They inherited Itakpe - Warri rail line from GEJ at over 80% completion rate but
cornered it to look like their project. They lie to gullible Nigerians like you about how Buhari
was completing a 30yr rail project.

Before you doubt me about the Itakpe - Warri rail line, ask anyone who lives along that route.
I live along that route too. As at 2014 when GEJ was still in power, over four train stations that
I know of were already built by the Chines.

GEJ was carrying on with that project without much noise (except during the 2015 election)
Unlike Amaechi, GEJ's Transport Minister was a silent achiever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Yet other governments as far back as 50yrs ago did not remember that government is a continuum including your eternally drunk, fedora wearing, gin guzzling hero who happens to be from that region
a comment on page 1 said NLNG actually paid for the project and buhari is the one delaying it completion. why all zombies avoiding that comment?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
Lostz:
a comment on page 1 said NLNG actually paid for the project and buhari is the one delaying it completion. why all zombies avoiding that comment?

FG has paid in full. Read up from page 2 zombie Wailer

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Ustec: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
Bad people sponsoring bandits and Fulani herdsmen to tarnish the good work of this government will soon meet their Waterloo.
Even sarrki fall my hand.

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by fkj950ax(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2020

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Onyemabright(m): 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=Blindersoff post=86266096]A brain child of Gowon back in 1970 after which successive governments came and went but none saw the need to follow through on this project until Buhari came on as President.

This plan began 50yrs ago but today the Bodo-Bonny bridge is standing and the roads are almost complete.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OvieAli/status/1222912573437370368[/Some people will not like it
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by efighter: 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
Staro:

FG and NLNG (#60b each).

FG to pay what again. I thought Goatluck Jonathan has completed the bridge and even drove on the bridge during his campaign at the 2015 presidential elections just as he completed the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Niger Bridges.

Your head is not correct. Go and buy second hand head from Oshogbo skull miners.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by stanisbaratheon: 7:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
Simple question, Is the road complete??

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
stanisbaratheon:
Simple question, Is the road complete??

Simple Question, did GEJ start it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by voltron14: 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2020
ghettokid1:

What of during his military rule?

You mean 1 and a half years?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Captainrambo2: 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Was it not also the work of leaders running as far back as 50years ago?

Yet you are busy licking their Ass yourself for being failures
asslicker shut your hole. Th sesame buhari is part of the 50 yes history or dint buhari rule in 1984?

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
Captainrambo2:
asslicker shut your hole. Th sesame buhari is part of the 50 yes history or dint buhari rule in 1984?

Shut up zombie asslicker Buhari was only present for less than 2yrs while PDP was there for 16 stupidly failed years.

I guess Buhari is to blame after all right?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos That Will Be Commissioned By Buhari / Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Man Sleeping On A Moving Truck In Abuja

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.