Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman (21270 Views)

Ondo Multipurpose Deep Seaport Project To Cost $1 Billion / Ibom Deep Seaport & Lekki Seaport To Start Operation In 2021 - Shippers Council / Ibom Deep Seaport: A Maritime Gateway To West And Central African Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Blue3k(m): 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2020
The Ministerial Project Development and Steering Committee (MPDSC), has commended the Akwa Ibom State Government for compliance with all the requirements needed for the establishment of the Ibom Deep Seaport.

The Chairman of the committee, A.D Suleiman gave the commendation during a meeting with members of the Akwa Ibom State Technical Working Committee for the realization of the Ibom Deep Seaport at Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort, Uyo.

The chairman explained that the purpose of the meeting was to update members on the progress so far achieved for the Ibom Deep Seaport project.

He said one key factor that necessitated the meeting was to provide an avenue for the adoption of the updated Full Business Case for unward submission to the Federal Executive Council.

Mr Suleiman expressed gratitude to the Akwa Ibom State Government for the level of commitment shown towards the actualisation of the port, assuring that the project will soon receive final approval from the Federal Government for commencement of operations.

On his part, the Director General of Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC), Engr. Chidi Izuwah, opined that, with the level of success recorded by the Akwa Ibom State Technical Working Committee on the realization of the Ibom Deep Seaport, it is time to break grounds for take off of the project.

He urged the committee to be target driven in order to achieve the task

The Chairman, Akwa Ibom State Technical Committee on the realization of Ibom Deep Seaport, Mrs. Mfon Usoro, affirmed that with the support received from Infrastructural Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC), Nigeria Port Authority(NPA) and the Federal Ministry of Transportation(FMOT), the Committee has been able to go through all the internationally accepted procurement processes that will lead to the actualisation of the port.

“We have also completed works in the Full Business Case, a part of why we convened today with the Federal Ministry of Finance, ICRC, NPA, and the FMOT, was to agree on work-plan between now and end of first quarter of the year, 2020 so we can have final approval from the Federal Government on the project which is the Full Business Case”. She opined.

Mrs. Usoro disclosed that “the Committee had carefully followed the Federal Government laid down procedures for port development and the process has earned the State a reputable and biggest terminal operator in Africa with the Bollore Power China Consortium as the preferred bidder”.

While thanking the State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel for putting everything in place for the implementation of the project, the Chairman assured Akwa Ibom indigenes especially host communities that they will be carried along at every stage of development.

She emphasized the need for them to acquire and upgrade themselves in the requisite skills that would be needed during construction and operations of the port.

On his part, the State Commissioner for Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport, Mr. Akan Okon, also applauded Governor Emmanuel for his passion in developing the State.

He also thanked members of the committees for the efforts put towards the actualisation of the Seaport project.

Mr. Okon asserted that upon actualisation, the port will create lots of employment opportunities for the teeming youths as well as increase revenue for both the Federal and State Government.

Source: https://www.independent.ng/ibom-deep-seaport-meets-standard-requirements-suleiman/

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by asha80(m): 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
Looking forward

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Blackking98(m): 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nice nice . Where are those clowns that masturbate about AKSG doing this and that. I'm waiting on that. Armchair critic

8 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Blue3k(m): 9:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
The FEC should approve the project expediently. I would also like Amaechi to plan a north south rail for this project. It would reduce the amount truck that will inevitably come into Akwa Ibom. Then the FG could make money on freight shipping.

She emphasized the need for them to acquire and upgrade themselves in the requisite skills that would be needed during construction and operations of the port.

The schools in Akwa Ibom should be offering skills training if they arent already. The state has it's own university and polytechnics. Even the highshools could prep graduates on it.

2sexycom

13 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by asha80(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blue3k:
The FEC should approve the project expediently. I would also like Amaechi toplan a north south rail for this project. It would reduce the amount truck that will inevitably come into akwa Ibom
simply build a rail from the port to connect to aba and join the already existing ph to maidugiri rail line

18 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Blue3k(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
asha80:
simply build a rail from the port to connect to aba and join the already existing ph to maidugiri rail line

A standard guage rail line is preferable.

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by BRASH: 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blue3k:
The FEC should approve the project expediently. I would also like Amaechi to plan a north south rail for this project. It would reduce the amount truck that will inevitably come into Akwa Ibom. Then the FG could make money on freight shipping.

The schools in Akwa Ibom should be offering skills training if they arent already. The state has it's own university and polytechnics. Even the highshools could prep graduates on it.
. With the kind of politics we play in this country, i doubt the fec will give the final approval any time soon. Not in the next ten years.

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Blue3k(m): 12:39am On Feb 01, 2020
BRASH:
. With the kind of politics we play in this country, i doubt the fec will give the final approval any time soon. Not in the next ten years.

Lol hopefully they're done in less than a year. IDSP success is money in the governments pockets since they own a stake in it. The FG has been fast with IDSP compared to how tediously slow they were with Lekki Deep seaport. Lekki was approved 2003 and construction recently began. IDSP was approved in 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by GreatDesigns: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2020
cool
I like this. Diversifying is always important.

Love is already in the air. I felt it this morning when Harmattan refused to let me outta the bed.
So much love.

Anyways, I offer Graphics design services. Be sure to contact me if you want love design

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by solmus: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2020
cool

Watch how some developers and Land grabbers would rush to Akwa Ibom and claim no mans land

I must say i have huge respect for Akwa Iboms past and present Governors, they are strategical about diversifying from oil
*They built world class Stadiums and backed it with 5 star hotels and several golf resot and to crown it the started their own Airline Routing Lagos and Abuja.. this is tourism master peice
*now they are about finishing their own seaport and to crown it up an industrial estate is being built and almost completed,
*If only the can build their own Intergrated Power Project and the development and industrilization would be astronomical

This is why Vissionary Politician like Tinubu, Ameachi, Akpabio, Udom, Ganduje, Kwankwaso and Fashola can never ever do any wrong in my eyes

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:50am On Feb 01, 2020
shocked
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Authoreety: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2020
Good one
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by NaijadrivaCars: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2020
cheesy
In Mama Peace's voice:
Since I left this Aso Rock, it is smelling. There is God o, There is God oo

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Dididrumz(m): 7:51am On Feb 01, 2020
I thought it was Soleimani grin grin grin
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by solmus: 7:53am On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by HacheNoire: 7:54am On Feb 01, 2020
God bless His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

This man is a blessing in disguise.

At a very slow and steady pace, Sectors are springing up and rising to the challenge.

Now I am forced to agree, He was God sent.

But just Jesus, He was hated by his very own people and later appreciated after demise.

Buhari deserves an applause

Never shall we go back to the days of PDP (Corona Virus)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:55am On Feb 01, 2020
Niger Delta states are so blessed that you don't even need good governance for them to be developed But they remained underdeveloped thanks to active effort of underdevelopment by certain people including greedy ex governors of N.D states and past military rulers from the north but I'm happy things are getting better however it is too slow

And this is private and state effort not buhari effort

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by freedomchild: 7:55am On Feb 01, 2020
while there northern counterparts are busy with their 4 wives

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by sofiscatedmoron: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2020
Biafra is blessed,, I feel sorry for head slamming Morons

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Dottore: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by solmus: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2020
HacheNoire:

God bless His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

This man is a blessing in disguise.

At a very slow and steady pace, Sectors are springing up and rising to the challenge.

Now I am forced to agree, He was God sent.

But just Jesus, He was hated by his very own people and later appreciated after demise.

Buhari deserves an applause

Never shall we go back to the days of PDP (Corona Virus)

wetin concern Buhari with this ? it was privately funded and initiated by Akwa Ibom State government.. FG Approval was given by Olusegun Obasanjo while funding came from china and Tinubu's lekki consurtium

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Ttipsy(f): 7:57am On Feb 01, 2020
Good one
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by HacheNoire: 7:58am On Feb 01, 2020
solmus:

wetin concern Buhari with this ? it was privately funded and initiated by Akwa Ibom State government.. FG Approval was given by Olusegun Obasanjo while funding came from china and Tinubu's lekki consurtium

Hear yourself please.

Under Obasanjo and materialized under Buhari

How many years later please?

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by solmus: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2020
HacheNoire:

Hear yourself please.

if you cant read atleast stop embarrasing Buhari like onochie does..

its a state government project, Buhari's administration through this post only commended Akwa Ibom for meeting international standard, buhari has zero kobo in it and when Obasanjo aproved it buhari was somewhere in ANPP making noise

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 01, 2020
But since it didn't meet the minimum requirements. It's considered invalid
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Papanwamaikpe: 8:04am On Feb 01, 2020
HacheNoire:

Hear yourself please.

Na childishness dey worry you

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman by Topmaike007(m): 8:05am On Feb 01, 2020
Who is Suleimani again I taught Trump already killed him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bridge Collapses On Man In Bichi, Kano / Truck Rams Into Street Traders In Anambra State, Scores Injured. Photos / Fuel Tanker Falls On Ikorodu Expressway, Road Users Stranded- See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.