Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) (53805 Views)

Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Odion Ighalo Meets Floyd Mayweather In Las Vegas (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by einsteine(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2020
Ighalo that only scored one goal in his last Premiership season. It is just an extended holiday for him, especially as the Chinese Super League has been postponed. There's not much improvement for Man Utd here.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by bonnyhope: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Gbam! People are talking nonsense about this being a poor move by Manchester United out of desperation. But personally, i think its actually worth it. I mean, this is a player who helped Watford quality for EPL from Relegation back then. This is a player who was the highest goal scorer for Watford. A Player who won Afcon best player ahead of the likes of Salah, Mahrez etc and also, the present Captain of his team in China... I think he's got great potentials. Besides, this is just a loan move for the time being. If by the end of the Season, he proves himself worthy, he might end up getting a permanent deal and if not, he moves back to China. So it's not a bad deal afterall..

Lastly, Ighalo has always dreamt and hoped to be a Manchester United player in his lifetime. How else could one explain the fact that someone who is earning 300k Pounds a week in a Chinese club decides to agree on a deal to a club where he'll be getting 100k pounds a week? Yes! United is offering him 100k per week for his loan spell.. If that is not being passionate about Manchester United, then tell me what is? I even read that he turned down a move to Inter Milan... All we only want for now is an experienced striker to fill in Rashford's space now that he's on Injury... A striker who will give all it takes to score a goal... Also, as Nigerians let's always endeavour to support our own. Seeing a Nigerian player in Manchester United is indeed a great news.

Here's a picture of Ighalo in United Jersey back when he was younger..

U hv spoken well
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by kstyle2(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2020
This same ighalo was wanted by Barca last season but he turned down the move. One thing is for sure, ighalo will score more goals than lingard has scored this season, his performance will be greater than the performance of Jones, perriera, matic, lingard

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by OsamaDallon: 9:57am On Feb 01, 2020
[s]
HacheNoire:
See his peniss pointing low
[/s]
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2020
ExAngel007:
yesterday, I was online around midnight going through comments on social media about Odion Ighalo signing, and I found out that it was only Nigerians that are bitter about the new signing.

for me, he is a good striker.

Most Nigerians have monumental self esteem problems bordering on psychotic!!!

It's difficult to fully comprehend the bitterness...

Anyway, that's their business... It's good United got someone to come off the bench and put in some work up field. A partnership with him and Martial will also yield dividends.

In all, United has done far better than Chelsea and Arsenal this transfer window.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by cooldipo(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2020
Man U just gained a prayer warrior in me - a proper Arsenal fan. Go and succeed brother. May favour find you in the form of goals. Who says it is over when another chapter is just begining.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by gnykelly(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Gbam! People are talking nonsense about this being a poor move by Manchester United out of desperation. But personally, i think its actually worth it. I mean, this is a player who helped Watford quality for EPL from Relegation back then. This is a player who was the highest goal scorer for Watford. A Player who won Afcon best player ahead of the likes of Salah, Mahrez etc and also, the present Captain of his team in China... I think he's got great potentials. Besides, this is just a loan move for the time being. If by the end of the Season, he proves himself worthy, he might end up getting a permanent deal and if not, he moves back to China. So it's not a bad deal afterall..

Lastly, Ighalo has always dreamt and hoped to be a Manchester United player in his lifetime. How else could one explain the fact that someone who is earning 300k Pounds a week in a Chinese club decides to agree on a deal to a club where he'll be getting 100k pounds a week? Yes! United is offering him 100k per week for his loan spell.. If that is not being passionate about Manchester United, then tell me what is? I even read that he turned down a move to Inter Milan... All we only want for now is an experienced striker to fill in Rashford's space now that he's on Injury... A striker who will give all it takes to score a goal... Also, as Nigerians let's always endeavour to support our own. Seeing a Nigerian player in Manchester United is indeed a great news.

to me the guy is just an underutilised talent...
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by adelaja70(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2020
ExAngel007:
yesterday, I was online around midnight going through comments on social media about Odion Ighalo signing, and I found out that it was only Nigerians that are bitter about the new signing.

for me, he is a good striker.
MY BROTHER i weak for Nigerians o. Trust me, i abuse them tire. Wicked Souls...
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by brainworkng: 10:00am On Feb 01, 2020
On loan. And Nigerians have been celebrating like they intentionally signed him grin grin
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 10:07am On Feb 01, 2020
Realtalk20:
A sad day indeed for my dear Red Devils embarassed

Ighalo? From China ? .

If you needed proof of how far we have fallen this should be more than enough evidence to dispel all doubt.

Most top player's agents won't allow their players come to Manchester United because there is no guarantee of champions league football, and no top player wants to go through the hell that is Europa and risk serious inquiry.

I never thought I would see the day my club is being snobbed by top players to the extent we have to go to China of all places to loan the likes of Ighalo.

A sad day indeed

GGMU

Don't come online to show your personal life frustrations and bitterness... You ought to have outgrown such.

How many available strikers of quality in this transfer period have scored more career goals than Ighalo??! How many of them have a far better work rate than Ighalo??!

You just hear that someone came from China, and start typing off point... Is it because he is a fellow Nigerian??!... Any other African countryman would have been jubilant and encouraging... You people really have problems!!!

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by bonnyhope: 10:08am On Feb 01, 2020
Adewale623:
The signing of Ighalo show the extent to which ManU has dropped, Ighalo is an average player.

Name one player in Man u squad that is more than average
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by kizwal: 10:08am On Feb 01, 2020
Nigerians should be happy for this guy,haba. Pray that even in retirement he can make some impact in that club because irrespective of man.u's present form it's not easy for an African to wear a man.u jersey. Iheanacho was falling before but a new coach came in and believed more in him and with hard work the guy is picking form. We should always learn to love our own. Ighalo might have retired from the national team but he is still a Nigerian. There is this bias when you are watching a premiership game and a Nigerian is on the pitch wearing the jersey of one of the clubs even of they're not the better team. If only we knew how things we consider little affect us all.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Realtalk20: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2020
[s]
Angelfrost:

Don't come online to show your personal life frustrations and bitterness... You ought to have outgrown such.

How many available strikers of quality in this transfer period have scored more career goals than Ighalo??! How many of them have a far better work rate than Ighalo??!

You just hear that someone came from China, and start typing off point... Is it because he is a fellow Nigerian??!... Any other African countryman would have been jubilant and encouraging... You people really have problems!!!
[/s]

Shut up and stop letting others comments make you suicidal grin

Nobody cares about how long you have had your lips stuck to the bum of China ...

Grow up and stop feeling so salty it's childish
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by engrelvis(m): 10:12am On Feb 01, 2020
zikcash:
Nigerians and their quack mentality.....he missed a goal against Argentina, and so what?.......so when someone makes a mistake he should live with it for the rest of his life?........my point is Salah has missed more chances than this nigga but no one is complaining....just becos his a Nigerian, he's to small to play for man united......u guys should be happy for him and the club......he brings a unique style of approach to the team with his pace and strength.....and by the way he has premier league experience....
nor mind bro.Na inferiority complex dey worry dem.messi n Ronaldo nor dey miss?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by engrelvis(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2020
zikcash:
Nigerians and their quack mentality.....he missed a goal against Argentina, and so what?.......so when someone makes a mistake he should live with it for the rest of his life?........my point is Salah has missed more chances than this nigga but no one is complaining....just becos his a Nigerian, he's to small to play for man united......u guys should be happy for him and the club......he brings a unique style of approach to the team with his pace and strength.....and by the way he has premier league experience....
nor mind dem bro.Na inferiority complex dey worry dem.messi n Ronaldo nor dey miss?
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2020
emmabest2000:
Good for Nigerians
Bad for True ManU fans grin

Nah... All true United fans are overjoyed to have an experienced striker filling in for Rashford. This was a transfer deadline masterclass!!!

Honestly, it is most Nigerians that feel bad and jealous that a fellow countryman is now in a prestigious top English club, with the prospect of making a huge mark!!!... That's how pathetic these Negroes are.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by WarriAproko: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2020
Corona virus fear
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by clems88(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2020
Time to play the chinko style of football grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2020
� Ighalo ��‍♂️��‍♂️
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Wyzzhi22: 10:16am On Feb 01, 2020
It is official! Man Utd signs Ighalo, click the link below to get full gist

https://abegabeg.com/odion-ighalo-joins-man-utd-on-a-6-month-loan-deal-from-shanghai-shenhua/
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 10:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

Shut up and stop letting others comments make you suicidal grin

Nobody cares about how long you have had your lips stuck to the bum of China ...

Grow up and stop feeling so salty it's childish

Lol... "Your comments" make me feel suicidal??!

Please, get over yourself kid!!! grin

I don't give a flying fvck about any country other than Nigeria, my good sir!!!...

With regards to childishness and being salty, you should read your own initial comment again, and take your own counsel.

United signed a good striker... Where he came from ought to be secondary if you weren't petty and lacking in football objectivity.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 10:22am On Feb 01, 2020
abdulazeez1002:
Solskjær has a plan...

1 Sign Ighalo from China
2 Sparks an outbreak of the coronavirus
3 Football is suspended in the UK
4 Liverpool don’t win the Premier League

United doing everything to stop Liverpool from winning..

Stop copying and pasting dumb comments...

If you want to be moronic, at least try and be original about it. tongue

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Sanuelpaul(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

Most Nigerians have monumental self esteem problems bordering on psychotic!!!

It's difficult to fully comprehend the bitterness...

Anyway, that's their business... It's good United got someone to come off the bench and put in some work up field. A partnership with him and Martial will also yield dividends.

In all, United has done far better than Chelsea and Arsenal this transfer window.
Which transfer oga, arsenal sign two player
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 10:26am On Feb 01, 2020
PStacks:
Coming from china with CoronaVirus to kuku finish whatever is left of manchester united.

These days people are blocking anything and everyone from China, Man U in their desperation dont mind CoronaVirus from china.

what do I know sef.

a drowning man will clinge to a straw

Really??! So, people just stroll past England airports without proper health screenings??!....

Try not to allow your pointless hate for United make you confuse your 3rd world nation with England. grin
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by OsamaDallon: 10:27am On Feb 01, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
maybe the guys calendar is still showing 2008 grin cheesy
Gory Gory Womanchester Dis-United living in past glory
[/s]
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 10:28am On Feb 01, 2020
Sanuelpaul:

Which transfer oga, arsenal sign two player

Boss, I know they did. Good for them!

But, in comparison, United fared better na... That's without argument!!!
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Codes151(m): 10:31am On Feb 01, 2020
Vulcanheph:
All Nigerian man utd fans should at least be happy that they have a Nigerian playing at the club.....who knows he might be exactly What the club needs right now, at least he is better than jones, Lingard and dalot combined
why did slave trade miss you?

Cus your think is crazy!

Comparing CF with AM, CB and RB
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by NomzyJust(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2020
Why is it that it pains some Nigeria about this guys new club. Oyibo wey get the club no even do like this.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by promisedeco(m): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2020
United signs Igalo
Ole has a plan
Coronavirus enter UK
England suspends football
Liverpool don't win the league
Ole is a geniussmileysmiley
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by EmmanuelBanks: 10:34am On Feb 01, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

Lol, bros you deny vex ooo...see as you just go dig the guy history...anyways nice though ���
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:
A whole Manu sign Ighalo? why can't that team sell Pogba to replace with world class player, it's useless Ighalo that misses goals that they chose. Martial sef better pass Ighalo grin hahaha Manu is finished grin

Sigh... Let's see if you even have an inkling of what is currently happening in club football...

Name 2 available renown and quality strikers United could have signed on loan or fully this transfer window, in the place of Ighalo... Keyword being "Available"!... I will wait!!!

Please, try not to embarrass yourself any further.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Khaleell001(m): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
Buhari lifelessness is contagious

Just take a good look at yourself, how as insulting Buhari improved your life?
Can't sit down to ask yourself this question.

i pity these kids here who do things like simpletons without thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo / Football Prophecy For 2016 / U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.