Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) (53809 Views)

Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Odion Ighalo Meets Floyd Mayweather In Las Vegas (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by OsamaDallon: 10:42am On Feb 01, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
you should have added an apostrophe to Buhari so as to make ur sentence complete but guess what?
You Igbos are mostly Illiterate who should have utilized the energy they used to hate on Buhari to focus and complete their education so you lots can be meaningful to the society.
[/s]
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Mistaicey2288: 10:44am On Feb 01, 2020
EmmanuelBanks:

Lol, bros you deny vex ooo...see as you just go dig the guy history...anyways nice though ���

Lol no mind me jawe. I just had to say it as it is. Thanks for the complement..

bonnyhope:

U hv spoken well
Thank you Sir!

gnykelly:

to me the guy is just an underutilised talent...

Exactly! That's how it is.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Dicktionary: 10:45am On Feb 01, 2020
grin

It's over for Man United, they now buy made in China product.......I see them finishing 18th at the end of the season.

Congrat Odion Igalo, at list he will go back to China after Man united go on Relegation.

Everyone are running from China because of CoronaVirus.

Smh
RelegatedManUnitedD!ck
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by olemi01: 10:45am On Feb 01, 2020
Wao Nigerians would be peud of him now..but referring him as manure of all clubs amuses me sha o shocked
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by hayzedsmart(m): 10:46am On Feb 01, 2020
Good one from man u
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Chevronstaff: 10:48am On Feb 01, 2020
Welcome Odion Ighalo, the first Nigerian to play for Manchester United.. Enjoy the ride brother.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Khaleell001(m): 10:49am On Feb 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

Don't come online to show your personal life frustrations and bitterness... You ought to have outgrown such.

How many available strikers of quality in this transfer period have scored more career goals than Ighalo??! How many of them have a far better work rate than Ighalo??!

You just hear that someone came from China, and start typing off point... Is it because he is a fellow Nigerian??!... Any other African countryman would have been jubilant and encouraging... You people really have problems!!!

Forget about these woke and mentally wrecked people;they dwell more on negative news than positive news and that's what keeps them going.

They hate and celebrate anything negative as far as it is Nigerian.
These are the people we literally fight everyday to breath the same oxygen with in. this space.

Some or even most of them are just humans with the heart of a devil.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:50am On Feb 01, 2020
Make us proud, Nigeria man.

good move.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by shomutuski(m): 10:50am On Feb 01, 2020
zikcash:
Nigerians and their quack mentality.....he missed a goal against Argentina, and so what?.......so when someone makes a mistake he should live with it for the rest of his life?........my point is Salah has missed more chances than this nigga but no one is complaining....just becos his a Nigerian, he's to small to play for man united......u guys should be happy for him and the club......he brings a unique style of approach to the team with his pace and strength.....and by the way he has premier league experience....

True!! Man utd is a stupid club. Why sell lukaku then go and get Igbalo on loan. That's a silly business move. They both offer the same style and lukaku is obviously better.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Realtalk20: 10:51am On Feb 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

Lol... "Your comments" make me feel suicidal??!

Please, get over yourself kid!!! grin

I don't give a flying fvck about any country other than Nigeria, my good sir!!!...

With regards to childishness and being salty, you should read your own initial comment again, and take your own counsel.

United signed a good striker... Where he came from ought to be secondary if you weren't petty and lacking in football objectivity.

Again sulking over the fact...

Grow up kid, it's just sports ...

Jeez
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 10:51am On Feb 01, 2020
Khaleell001:

Forget about these woke and mentally wrecked people;they dwell more on negative news than positive news and that's what keeps them going.

They hate and celebrate anything negative as far as it is Nigerian.
These are the people we literally fight everyday to breath the same oxygen with in. this space.

Some or even most of them are just humans with the heart of a devil.

Previously, it was most of them rejoicing over the news that Bishop Oyedepo was denied entry into US (which turned out to be fake), now this negativity over Ighalo joining a prestigious club...

Wickedness and Backwardness truly go hand in gloves... Smh.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Expert17: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2020
ExAngel007:
yesterday, I was online around midnight going through comments on social media about Odion Ighalo signing, and I found out that it was only Nigerians that are bitter about the new signing.

for me, he is a good striker.

Nigerians are set of jealous and ignorant people
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Khaleell001(m): 10:54am On Feb 01, 2020
I believe our leaders are not our problem but people who criticise senselessly like badly programmed robots.

They like bad news like sadist.
Hearing anything good bites their ears off and aches their hearts so badly and you feel these people are fresh graduates from. witches and wizards academy.

Sadly, Nairaland has been a very good breeding ground for these hopeless,shameless, empty and unrepentant brainless lots who clout chase fame even if it means being negative and evil and these ones will go to house of God to invoke blessings on their lives while they hate for other people's progress.

Shame!
Shame!!
Shame!!! shall be their lot if they refuse to change.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Expert17: 10:58am On Feb 01, 2020
excel101:
As a Nigerian I'm so-so happy for him, but the plain truth is, Man Utd. is finished.

You are contradicting urself..... Read ur statement again....

Ur happy for Ighalo because he's joining a finished club?
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Mizwisdom(f): 10:59am On Feb 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sigh... Let's see if you even have an inkling of what is currently happening in club football...

Name 2 available renown and quality strikers United could have signed on loan or fully this transfer window, in the place of Ighalo... Keyword being "Available"!... I will wait!!!

Please, try not to embarrass yourself any further.

Let me ask you a question, if you were Manu coach will you sell Lukaku then go and pick Ighalo on loan? both seem to play similar styles but Lukaku far outclass Ighalo. This is a mistake on Manu part but maybe Ighalo can have luck to play well for the next six months. But Manu fall hand sha grin
The real problem with the team is clueless management, all the best
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Expert17: 11:00am On Feb 01, 2020
Khaleell001:
I believe our leaders are not our problem but people who criticise senselessnessly like badly programmed robots.

They like bad news like a sadist.
Hearing anything good bites their ears off and aches their hearts so badly and you feel these people are fresh graduates from. witches and wizards academy.

Sadly, Nairaland has been a very good breeding ground for these hopeless,shameless, empty and unrepentant brainless lots who clout chase fame even if it means being negative and evil and these ones will go to house of God to invoke blessings on their lives while they hate for other people's progress.

Shame!
Shame!!
Shame!!! shall be their lot if they refuse to change.

Don't mind dem o

Dis is the place useless and frustrated youth who can't feed,.... Show their frustration.....

Set of backward thinkers..... No wonder Nigeria is now a Zoo
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Khaleell001(m): 11:01am On Feb 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

Previously, it was most of them rejoicing over the news that Bishop Oyedepo was denied entry into US (which turned out to be fake), now this negativity over Ighalo joining a prestigious club...

Wickedness and Backwardness truly go hand in gloves... Smh.

Ours is just worst!
Very worst.
If a fellow man can wish evil to another fellow man who has not done anything wrong to them then check the heart of such person.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by mullerman: 11:01am On Feb 01, 2020
That would be cool by him,wish him well
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Expert17: 11:02am On Feb 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Let me ask you a question, if you were Manu coach will you sell Lukaku then go and pick Ighalo on loan? both seem to play similar styles but Lukaku far outclass Ighalo. This is a mistake on Manu part but maybe Ighalo can have luck to play well for the next six months. But Manu fall hand sha grin

U have data.... U should be Current naaa

Ole target was Haaland but cudnt sign him because of the agent's demand.......

Ighalo is just to bridge the gap for now.... And a striker dat has 136 goals in 348 games is not bad....

So stop d hate and tell us wats really wrong with u
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Mizwisdom(f): 11:07am On Feb 01, 2020
Expert17:

U have data.... U should be Current naaa

Ole target was Haaland but cudnt sign him because of the agent's demand.......

Ighalo is just to bridge the gap for now.... And a striker dat has 136 goals in 348 games is not bad....

So stop d hate and tell us wats really wrong with u

NO Vvex bro na my mind I de talk. If Ighalo is so good why is he playing in China? Ighalo waits for ball before he scores, he has never taken ball from midfield to score any goal, something which ordinary Rashford does regularly. Manu need someone that can create goals but they made a mistake by waiting until dying moment. At all at all na im bad
, so Ighalo is better than no striker but they could have even stepped down to lower English league to get a better striker grin
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Angelfrost(m): 11:10am On Feb 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Lukaku wanted and needed a change of scenery... United just wasn't the best fit for him. He was never going to improve in that club... That happens sometimes to players and clubs.

Ighalo is merely a back up plan in the absence of Rashford. This is the right thing to do to fill the yawning void made obvious in all the games they have played since his injury... With a likely improved attacking midfield, Ighalo can put away one or two key chances at goal.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by abbasajao(m): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Gbam! People are talking nonsense about this being a poor move by Manchester United out of desperation. But personally, i think its actually worth it. I mean, this is a player who helped Watford quality for EPL from Relegation back then. This is a player who was the highest goal scorer for Watford. A Player who won Afcon best player ahead of the likes of Salah, Mahrez etc and also, the present Captain of his team in China... I think he's got great potentials. Besides, this is just a loan move for the time being. If by the end of the Season, he proves himself worthy, he might end up getting a permanent deal and if not, he moves back to China. So it's not a bad deal afterall..

Lastly, Ighalo has always dreamt and hoped to be a Manchester United player in his lifetime. How else could one explain the fact that someone who is earning 300k Pounds a week in a Chinese club decides to agree on a deal to a club where he'll be getting 100k pounds a week? Yes! United is offering him 100k per week for his loan spell.. If that is not being passionate about Manchester United, then tell me what is? I even read that he turned down a move to Inter Milan... All we only want for now is an experienced striker to fill in Rashford's space now that he's on Injury... A striker who will give all it takes to score a goal... Also, as Nigerians let's always endeavour to support our own. Seeing a Nigerian player in Manchester United is indeed a great news.

Here's a picture of Ighalo in United Jersey back when he was younger..

You are very right in your analysis but wrong about the wages. He still gets his 300k a week, just that man United will now have to pay 150k of the money and China club pay the balance.

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:13am On Feb 01, 2020
Vulcanheph:
All Nigerian man utd fans should at least be happy that they have a Nigerian playing at the club.....who knows he might be exactly What the club needs right now, at least he is better than jones, Lingard and dalot combined
I concur, atleast for a very long an African played for United. I wish our brother Ighalo well.
IGHALO go and make us proud.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Khaleell001(m): 11:20am On Feb 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:

There's one thing I have always learnt from football which is, when you criticize any player always leave room that you will be wrong.

Many players we thought were never-do-wells ended up making many of us eat out words.

We remember when Chelsea bought Mohammed Salah from FC Zurich after is scintillating form in the UCL then we thought he would wreck every defense on his arrival, but he became a monumental flop and was immediately shipped out to Roma where he revived his career again as time passed, Liverpool had him for a cut price (which AS Roma admitted belatedly ) now who far as he being performing? as they say, the rest is history.

What about city's Kevin De Bruyne? Who played, rather under par at Chelsea and was immediately sold out to Wender Bremen where he took the Bundesliga by storm and today on his return to the EPL he is Man City's pivot or mid field general.

The point is, Ighalo may have had it bad in Watford when they gained promotion to the EPL then, but the possibility of him replicating that Championship form that helped Watford gain promotion is still there.

If the Swedish great Eric Larsson did it at Old Trafford for Man U after his Barca stints I don't see why we shouldn't give Ighalo the benefit of doubt to stake his claim as one of SE deadliest strikers in recent times.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Mizwisdom(f): 11:31am On Feb 01, 2020
Khaleell001:

There's one thing I have always learnt from football which is, when you criticize any player always leave room that you will be wrong.

Many players we thought were never-do-wells ended up making many of us eat out words.

We remember when Chelsea bought Mohammed Salah from FC Zurich after is scintillating form in the UCL then we thought he would wreck every defense on his arrival, but he became a monumental flop and was immediately shipped out to Roma where he revived his career again as time passed, Liverpool had him for a cut price (which AS Roma admitted belatedly ) now who far as he being performing? as they say, the rest is history.

What about city's Kevin De Bruyne? Who played, rather under par at Chelsea and was immediately sold out to Wender Bremen where he took the Bundesliga by storm and today on his return to the EPL he is Man City's pivot or mid field general.

The point is, Ighalo may have had it bad in Watford when they gained promotion to the EPL then, but the possibility of him replicating that Championship form that helped Watford gain promotion is still there.

If the Swedish great Eric Larsson did it at Old Trafford for Man U after his Barca stints I don't see why we shouldn't give Ighalo the benefit of doubt to stake his claim as one of SE deadliest strikers in recent times.

Good points you raised, let's hope he can replicate his form at Watford, anything is possible.

But no player in Chinese league has outperformed his previous performance in EPL when he returned(correct me if I'm wrong) Chinese league is like a retirement destination for EPL players that have lost form and lookin for money. Take note of Mikel, remember also that Ighalo is not really 30 as he claims (football age) so it means he's an aging striker, it's highly unlikely that he replicate his form at Watford due to this but like I said before, he's a better option than none. I believe he will do good things there though
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2020
Vulcanheph:

Leave that thing.....i might not be a professional footballer , but i'm that i'll perform better than those guys on the pitch.

And you're not good enough 4 a local club in ur local village. I thought you're making sense but after seeing Dalot on that list u sounded stupid
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Philinho(m): 11:42am On Feb 01, 2020
zikcash:
Nigerians and their quack mentality.....he missed a goal against Argentina, and so what?.......so when someone makes a mistake he should live with it for the rest of his life?........my point is Salah has missed more chances than this nigga but no one is complaining....just becos his a Nigerian, he's to small to play for man united......u guys should be happy for him and the club......he brings a unique style of approach to the team with his pace and strength.....and by the way he has premier league experience....
Nigerians are only good in celebrating people's downfall. Imaging them celebrating a fake news of Oyedepo's visa issue. We are too wicked. How can a right thinking human condemned Igalo's move to Man u?
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:45am On Feb 01, 2020
zikcash:

Leave those enemies of progress bro. I always say that Africans are their biggest problems, not the white. An English thinks Igalo isn't good enough for man utd an African thinks same. Why? Because he's a Nigerian nd to them Nigerians aren't good enough to play 4 big European clubs. If players like Jones, Lingard, Maguire, Ashley Young, John O'Shea nd the rest can play 4 man utd why can't Igalo, Oshimen, Victor, Wilfred Ndidi. Congrats to Igalo. I bliv ur move will open doors to other hard working Nigerian players that'd wanna play at the highest level
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Munadad: 11:46am On Feb 01, 2020
Ighalo is a spent force for a club like Man United.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:54am On Feb 01, 2020
dem like am bcoz he sabi disturb man u those days in his epl prime
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Virgohills(m): 11:58am On Feb 01, 2020
Signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo / Football Prophecy For 2016 / Fans Hail Lionel Messi For Dribbling Top Players (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.