Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts (43532 Views)

NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? / South Africa Grants Landing Permit To Airline Evacuating Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by megafem1: 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

How long have you been in Wuhan? You keep avoiding the most important of Questions but only provide the flimsiest of things not requested for
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Thazard(m): 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2020
helinues:
I do not think FG has any plans of evacuating Nigerians in Wuhan...

This is a dicey situation ooo

Seeing the picture below got me shiver
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Horus(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvewZUOHDZ8

Coronavirus: Federal Government Tells Nigerians In China No Plans Of Rescue & To Stay Indoors

Despite the outbreak and spread of coronavirus, Nigeria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs seems to have no plan in place to rescue Nigerians residing in China. This was suggested when Mrs. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO of The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) advised Nigerians living in China to be careful and to stay indoors more for now.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Kingpinukecy(m): 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
BRO Chill we are coming very soon to get u guyz out of there OK...
Private jet activated
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by gbishman: 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
They should not even try it at all. Nigeria doesn't have the health facilities neither the expertise to manage the Corona virus disease. It's China's mess and they should resolve it and seek help from other 1st generation countries
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by dikeizu1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
nakaman:
u never see anytin
that is why they say travel and see, you have not been to any where that's why you say that

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by dikeizu1(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
If it's Saudi Arabia now, Nigeria govt will go for evacuation
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by joinnow: 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
Ayemileto:
It is well.

You stated in your post that you're willing to fund your own travel expenses, in this case, isn't it possible for you to leave the affected region and catch a flight back to Nigeria?

At least, some Chinese who left the country for China will be returning back to Nigeria. I see no reason why they should prevent you from returning while allowing non Nigerians back.
quarantine
no going in and no going out
period
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by joinnow: 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
Bill Gates thinks a coming disease could kill 30 million people within 6 months — and says we should prepare for it as we do for war

hope he was not refering to this.
he said this in 2018

wuhan has pop density of 60million
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by gowonmaharajah(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I just saw a video of a Chinese feeding a baby with an unidentified living insect. I freaked out. Those guys would eat anything.
lol...those guys are something else.a friend sent a video on WhatsApp this afternoon... would you believe if I told you that someone can be eating live rats?I was shocked.
most shocking of all is that the guy was still laughing... I can't really fathom what pleasure he was deriving from that
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by symbianDON(m): 10:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
WuhanPerson:

That school is not bad at all!! Currently has the highest Nigerian population so you will not be lost there.

We still don't know what will happen with admission this year, but I expect Wuhan application numbers to be very low after this.

Also don't know how the government will react or steps they will take as they recover from this.
Thanks! Let's hope and pray for the best.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by PMJOSEPH: 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
SenorMcSlyl:
I pray for all Nigerians in Wuhan at this tym, I pray God protect you all and I pray our FGN gets the message, receive sense and act promptly as appropriate. Our prayers are with you. Cheers Beloved!

Amen and Amen.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

lol...those guys are something else.a friend sent a video on WhatsApp this afternoon... would you believe if I told you that someone can be eating live rats?I was shocked.
most shocking of all is that the guy was still laughing... I can't really fathom what pleasure he was deriving from that

I saw that too. He had enough rats on his table. I was so disgusted. I hope their reckless eating habit doesn't wipe us all out one day.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WuhanPerson: 11:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
midnighter:

Sorry for your predicament dear but are you saying you didn't buy that paper before you wrote on it? How did you finish your face mask

Secondly, could you please draw a red circle around that date, because I can't see anything.

I don't particularly doubt your story but at least if you could put the allegations to rest, the discussion on this thread would become more reasonable

Nope. I did't buy it. Had to walk down meet someone who stocks them to take the picture. Masks are scarce and super expensive right now. Many cannot come out because they've exhausted theirs. Its our most pressing issue right now. You will get the date if you zoom in on that second picture.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WilsonEgwu: 12:01am On Feb 03, 2020
1. The Port Health Services unit of the Federal Ministry of Health in Nigeria has been placed on alert and has heightened screening measures at the points of entry. In China, exit screening measures have been enhanced for travelers from Wuhan city at the Points of Entry (PoE) (airports and ground transport stations) since the 14th of January, 2020.

2. Temperature checks combined with provision of information and masks to passengers with fever, as well as directing symptomatic passengers to health facilities for follow up.

3. The Federal Government, through the Port Health Service, placed vessels from some Asian countries especially China, Japan, Thailand and South Korea on strict surveillance.

4. The Director of Port Health Services at the Lagos Ports Complex Apapa, Olokodana Abisola, confirmed the development, adding that agencies such as the Nigeria Customs Service, Nigeria Plant Quarantine Services and the Nigeria Immigration Service have been put on red alert.

5. Nigerians in Wuhan are strongly advised to keep indoors while restricting their movements and to take all necessary precautions and strictly adhere to all medical precautions and instructions issued by Wuhan Municipal authorities and their respective academic institutions.

6. Nigerians are also requested to maintain regular contact with the Embassy through
the following officers and to appraise the Embassy of any developments as they unfold.

7. The contacts are: Mr Austine Ekeayanwu, Minister Consular and Immigration; +15010266280; Mrs Ayo Luther-Ogbomode, Minister/Political +13716244174 and Mr Lawal Bappah, Minister/Public Communication, +13520156753.

8. Nigerians in Wuhan are advised to equally restrict their movements and ensure cleanliness.

9. Nigerians in Wuhan should also avoid crowded and closed areas as well as close contact with people who might likely be carriers of the dreaded virus.

10. The Federal Government has issued advisory to Nigerians, including states, public health facilities, as well as private facilities. This advisory is intended to be trickled down up to primary health facilities also, because they are actually close to the people.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Jovi123(f): 6:31am On Feb 03, 2020
It really sad reading such, we need a change in our government

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by salford1: 6:54am On Feb 03, 2020
Canadians are still stuck in Wuhan too. Presently waiting for authorization to land a plane from the Chinese government. I believe it's getting close to a week now since the request have been made to the Chinese government. Hopefully the Nigerian government are making an effort too.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by midnighter(f): 8:02am On Feb 03, 2020
WuhanPerson:

Nope. I did't buy it. Had to walk down meet someone who stocks them to take the picture. Masks are scarce and super expensive right now. Many cannot come out because they've exhausted theirs. Its our most pressing issue right now. You will get the date if you zoom in on that second picture.

Okay, I have seen it. Hopefully this is enough proof for those who doubted you.

You will be fine dear, the Lord is your strength.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by mkmyers45(m): 11:05am On Feb 03, 2020
-
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by trilobite: 11:27am On Feb 03, 2020
Update: It seems it was another audio talk again.

We push on. God is in control.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Inyali1joseph: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
The federal Government's plans to prevent coronavirus.

The Federal Government has assured Nigerians of its readiness to strengthen surveillance at five international airports in the country to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

The five international airports are in Enugu, Lagos, Rivers, Kano and the FCT.

The federal government through the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, disclosed in a news conference on Tuesday in Abuja, said government would also set up inter-multisectoral committee to scale up surveillance and vigilance.

According to the minister, the committee will help to scale up surveillance to detect suspicious cases and ensure containment.

“The committee shall comprise of critical stakeholders in the health, security, aviation and transport sectors and also include development partners, bearing in mind that air travellers are more likely carriers of the virus.

The federal government said attention will be given to five international airports to ensure that the point of entries are monitored and the ministry of health is working to forestall the importation of coronavirus to the country.

“The risk of importation is possible in all countries. However, the federal government mwishes to assure all Nigerians that the capacity to detect, access and respond to this and other public health challenges are put in place.”

The federal government said that in addition, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) had set up coronavirus group and was ready to activate its incident system for coronavirus. #NMTeam
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WuhanPerson: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Big kudos to the brave.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by nakaman: 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
helinues:

Try and be human even if you have a stone heart
that was meant for Nigerian federal government n how they treat their citizens, that was practically misunderstood.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA / Life In Turkey / Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.