Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts (43524 Views)

NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? / South Africa Grants Landing Permit To Airline Evacuating Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by SenecaTheYonger: 3:28am On Feb 02, 2020
MPESA:

Ignore the idiot, that thinks that everything starts with APC and ends with PDP.....

You're in Kenya? I ask because of ur name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Holorunfemmy(m): 4:10am On Feb 02, 2020
May God in His infinite mercy locate and rescue you..because God can use a devilish and tyrant man like buhari� For you if God chooses. But ordinarily he is not d type. �.there are good people that can come for your aid.. Just pray..and we remember you in our prayer too..I feel for you people..��
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by godquality: 4:44am On Feb 02, 2020
nakaman:
u never see anytin
height of insensitivity. Sometimes no comment is better than showing lack of good judgement.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Chicastle: 4:46am On Feb 02, 2020
Even with the high level of disease there, see how fresh that environment is . everywhere quiet no body shouting keja keja,,, or bags baga instead of berger. chai. Obodoyibo.never seen one that travels abroad and still lament. That Lagos state needs reformed though smelling
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by edupedia: 5:05am On Feb 02, 2020
[sub][/sub]
helinues:
I do not think FG has any plans of evacuating Nigerians in Wuhan...

This is a dicey situation ooo

Seeing the picture below got me shiver

There us nothing we will not read on the internet just to blackmail Buhari

Questions
Why no name? Why no name of other Nigerians u know? What is the name of your university just to convince everyone u are not a PDP bot

Why no old pic of yourself? Why no old pic of other Nigerians? Why write in secrecy for any reason.

I dont believe what has been written here until the SMALLEST EVIDENCE is given.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by naturefellow(m): 5:07am On Feb 02, 2020
SenorMcSlyl:
I pray for all Nigerians in Wuhan at this tym, I pray God protect you all and I pray our FGN gets the message, receive sense and act promptly as appropriate. Our prayers are with you. Cheers Beloved!
may God bless you
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by midnighter(f): 5:13am On Feb 02, 2020
GlorifiedTunde:

Tell him to upload a picture showing him thumbs up with the Wuhan Christian Fellowship Flyer beside his window. Chikena!

He cant do that, the Chinese government is insane.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by midnighter(f): 5:18am On Feb 02, 2020
To eliminate further doubt, WuhanPerson please take another photo with a local Wuhan newspaper (if one is available to you) or something showing today's date with the piece of paper with your monicker

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by JoseRaji(m): 5:22am On Feb 02, 2020
Originalsly:
Coronavirus cure..... efficacy proven by an old Chinese doctor. 8 cloves of chopped garlic.... 7 cups of water... bring to a boil.... drink a bowlful and eat the garlic.... overnight cure.

That's the message been passed on.... and so I did.

That's how they peddaled the lie that drinking salt solution could prevent/cure Ebola. Behave your stupid self.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by JB4life: 5:25am On Feb 02, 2020
Very pathetic story.
That is one of the main reasons we pray God to mercifully protect Nigeria from this dreaded virus, because we know that left for the governments of the day, wahala dey.
May God have mercy on us and be with us and you people there, whether evacuated back or not.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by omoluka: 5:55am On Feb 02, 2020
It is good to be a citizen of a great country, if i have the means i will buy second passport outrightly, there is a way your country woes rubs on you. It is well with you guys in Wuhan
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by AreaFada2: 6:01am On Feb 02, 2020
WuhanPerson:
Good day everyone,

I am a Nigerian student currently studying at one of Wuhan's universities. Due to privacy concerns i decided to open this account to describe the situation of Nigerians currently in Wuhan in the midst of the corona virus outbreak. This post was necessitated by the following false report attributed to our honorable Minister for information in the Nigerian media:

https://www.nairaland.com/5663594/16-nigerians-chinese-town-hit

1. Only 16 Nigerians in Wuhan?

The total number of Nigerians in Wuhan to my recollection currently stands at over 50 people. We have been able to coordinate ourselves, and support each other in this trying period.

2. We Don't want to leave?

This statement is the bone of contention, and has caused panic in the Wuhan Nigerian community. The Nigerian Population in Wuhan includes students, researchers, and Businessmen, many of whom are with their wives and children. These people are all at risk of getting infected each time they leave their place of residence to find food to eat or water to drink in a city that looks like a ghost town with supplies running out each day.

Right now countries that have successfully evacuated their citizens (South Korea, Kazakhstan, India, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Japan, Italy, Germany, Indonesia, etc.) have proven the possibility of evacuation without infection. So the question becomes why is our case different?

We are therefore pleading with the Nigerian government to please rescue us from this situation, as we are ready to appease their fears by:

1. Being tested and quarantined on arrival
2. Fund our travel expenses.

We are humans, people who are citizens of a great nation who do not deserve to be publicly sentenced to death by a country we are proud of.

Front Page please, and help us.
Dude or dudette, if you truly need help, include that you guys have been raising many N'Dama cattle there that also need evacuation to Nigeria. If not, you are OYO.
Nigerian citizens, especially those from the South, as I suspect most of you are, FG places no value on our lives.

Try reaching Abike Dabiri if you can. She still get sense pass the rest.

Or reach out to state governors of states of Origin. Especially states where elections are not far away. Good campaign material for them.

Take care of yourselves.

So even Sri Lanka and Bangladesh still sabi pass 9ja. Na wa o. Giant of Africa they call it.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by DabFrankNG: 6:10am On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

Anybody can claim to be anywhere. Show proof you are in Wuhan and not just writing a story making unverified claims.

I expected you to show proof of meetings or so called coordination taking place

If there is actual evidence to back up your claims with then it can be escalated and fast tracked

Hmm! What's the sense in that? Does that deny the fact that there are Nigerians in Wuhan who have been abandoned by the government at this critical time.

How much are you being paid to make this wicked and insensitive comment?

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Ewedegubbler: 6:36am On Feb 02, 2020
Wuhan Is not lending money and there are no Fulanis there. So what do you expect Buhari to come do there?

Abeg look unto the skies for your help bro
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 6:49am On Feb 02, 2020
DabFrankNG:

Hmm! What's the sense in that? Does that deny the fact that there are Nigerians in Wuhan who have been abandoned by the government at this critical time.

How much are you being paid to make this wicked and insensitive comment?

There is nothing wicked and insensitive about my comment or request and nobody paid me.

But there is something senseless and stupid when people like you refuse to make the right enquiries or ask pertinent questions in order to know better so you would be in a much better informed position to assist.

Only those who swallow anything they read book line and sinker without asking questions reason the way you do and such people are definitely not smart people
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 6:50am On Feb 02, 2020
midnighter:
To eliminate further doubt, WuhanPerson please take another photo with a local Wuhan newspaper (if one is available to you) or something showing today's date with the piece of paper with your monicker

You will wait till you grow old. He is simply an unserious fellow
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by KingOpe: 6:56am On Feb 02, 2020
Praying for you all my brothers and sisters during this difficult time.

Sadly, i dont think the government would do much.

Please stay strong..

quote author=WuhanPerson post=86292651]Good day everyone,

I am a Nigerian student currently studying at one of Wuhan's universities. Due to privacy concerns i decided to open this account to describe the situation of Nigerians currently in Wuhan in the midst of the corona virus outbreak. This post was necessitated by the following false report attributed to our honorable Minister for information in the Nigerian media:

https://www.nairaland.com/5663594/16-nigerians-chinese-town-hit

1. Only 16 Nigerians in Wuhan?

The total number of Nigerians in Wuhan to my recollection currently stands at over 50 people. We have been able to coordinate ourselves, and support each other in this trying period.

2. We Don't want to leave?

This statement is the bone of contention, and has caused panic in the Wuhan Nigerian community. The Nigerian Population in Wuhan includes students, researchers, and Businessmen, many of whom are with their wives and children. These people are all at risk of getting infected each time they leave their place of residence to find food to eat or water to drink in a city that looks like a ghost town with supplies running out each day.

Right now countries that have successfully evacuated their citizens (South Korea, Kazakhstan, India, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Japan, Italy, Germany, Indonesia, etc.) have proven the possibility of evacuation without infection. So the question becomes why is our case different?

We are therefore pleading with the Nigerian government to please rescue us from this situation, as we are ready to appease their fears by:

1. Being tested and quarantined on arrival
2. Fund our travel expenses.

We are humans, people who are citizens of a great nation who do not deserve to be publicly sentenced to death by a country we are proud of.

Front Page please, and help us.[/quote]
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by uchman(m): 7:03am On Feb 02, 2020
IntellectOzone:

Can you too just please stop answering that useless being who as no help to render than question you up like an Idiot

We don't care if it false NeWS or not
Everyone here knows Nigerians are Everywhere in the World and how possible will a Single of our Citizen not be in China that's even where Tech/Engr people travel's to very well and also school, there are also Footballers there too

We Citizen's care for our People out there who are suffering in one way or the other if our Useless Govt don't even care

God protection will keep you all alive over there
You'all shall not witness it IJN
Stay Safe brotherhood

I dont even understand how things work on this Nairaland.
This news that Wuhanperson brought here is not new at all,
even pictures are showing other country volunteers evacuating their own citizens
Anybody can call on Nigerian government, reminding them of their duties,
which they failed to do...

How is he presenting ID card and calling his papa name the main thing here?
If this news has not been heard of before then we may say it's fake or real but this news is the latest happening in the world now and it doesn't need identification before we understand what this guy is talking about.

Shaa,
If I were Wuhanperson,
I will never reply that guy forming Nairaland CID and never wanted to give up.

Wuhanperson abeg update,
Any news so far?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by uchman(m): 7:07am On Feb 02, 2020
GlorifiedTunde:

I don't think dude is legit. If he is and wants to stay alive, let him contact Sahara reporters.

But he'll have to prove to them that he's legit.

Because he is not legit, his news should not be taken serious?
I guess you guys dont have relatives in China,
If you do,
You wont be tackling Wuhanperson...

What will his ID card do in this situation or the news he brought, is it strange to you?

You guys should stop this e bully so that others will be free to be posting here...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Almujahb(m): 7:12am On Feb 02, 2020
It is not advice able to leave a country for another cos of situation like dis. So dat d disease wunt spread. Stay whuan pray for more protection and elevate yur preventing status wish u best.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by sinkhole: 7:14am On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

Wuhan International Christian Fellowship currently has 13 ministries running. Which do you belong to and what is the name of your Ministry Leader?
what if he/she is not a christian?
What if he/she is a christian but does not go to church, a norminal christian?
What if he/she is a traditionalist?
etc
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:16am On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:
He has proven absolutely nothing.

He lifted that Picture from the Wuhan international Christian fellowship on Facebook and then super imposed his moniker on it.

that poster was posted on the fellowship facebook page in 2016 and this is 2020

Why is he posting a 2016 picture if he is currently in Wuhan?

WuhanPerson am i lying or should i post it here for you to see?
dayuum, seriously good internet detective work!
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by sinkhole: 7:20am On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

What is the OPs name?
What ethnicity / Tribe is he?
Do you know him?
Where does he school?
What is he studying?
What does he look like?
Have you seen his passport even with his image blurred?
Have you seen his student ID even with his image blurred?

What exactly have you seen about this person so that if you wanted to plead with anyone even those in government to assist, you would provide as some sort of proof to back yourself up with?

You want to know who would fast track but you do not want to know who we are fast tracking it for?

Well done .
Sorry to ask o, in as much as I agree with you that some evidence of his/her claim of being in Wuhan is required, could you confidently put your very own NAME, real picture, what you do in life (as in your occupation), where you work or school, etc on this forum?
If you could, then do it now cool

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Bonapart(m): 7:21am On Feb 02, 2020
post=86299287:

May God safe and guide his people from this virus.

We are covered by the Blood of Jesus (This is only for those who believe in the precious Blood of the Lamb)

If not, may whatever you believe in protect you also.

God is Love!

A Very Big Amen Mr Eazi!

Toyo dearie, hope you are safe and sound dearie.
May the Almighty Allah continue to be with you.
From all of us @[color=#006600][/color], Our prayers are with you and all Nigerians over there!
how about the government you're ass licking? Ain't you in any position to talk them into rescuing her own people? Failed generation and failed children on nairaland
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Kennitrust(m): 7:24am On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

What is the OPs name?
What ethnicity / Tribe is he?
Do you know him?
Where does he school?
What is he studying?
What does he look like?
Have you seen his passport even with his image blurred?
Have you seen his student ID even with his image blurred?

What exactly have you seen about this person so that if you wanted to plead with anyone even those in government to assist, you would provide as some sort of proof to back yourself up with?

You want to know who would fast track but you do not want to know who we are fast tracking it for?

Well done .
(let forget about the op)
but generally, we know there are Nigerian in China right now. Have the government make any move to help them out?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Bonapart(m): 7:26am On Feb 02, 2020
post=86299372:

Thanks for posting this!
Thanks for coming out to talk.
We believe something will be done before 48 hours ,
and for those that do not want to live just like some refused to leave SA when the government came for them, we wish them the best.

For those of you that are ready to come back home to our darling country.
Prepare your bags and boxes guys.
Keep yourself safe and sound for few hours more.
This is a proactive government, to most extent.
God bless Nigeria.

@the student, any information from the Nigerian embassy over there?
Do let us know.

So it was your Cownu and his rented bouncers that went to SOUTH AFRICA to evacuate Nigerians few months ago?!

Una wailers go just open mouth anyhow they talk rubbish sha.
Hatred for your country will not kill you guys one day, our prayers are with you.
Hatred kills faster than HIV, be guided!
We are sure the wall clock in your house is permanently at 8' O Clock twenty-four hours of the day!
Pathetic tin!

Yes, 4 people with 1356 different monikers on Nairaland (no exaggeration!) that support criminals and looters that raped and looted our nation for 16 years, that are now in severe pains that they cannot feed on stolen money anymore like usual, when they were told STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION!
They are also known as children of hate, perdition and frustration.

But, it's not about us @[/color] tho,
it is about their hatred for Our darling country.
And it is good to know that those who love our darling Daddy and our darling country are more than those who see themselves as animals that live in a zoo!
Over 15 Million Nigerians cannot be wrong!

Now you know them.
So don't be surprise anymore.
Dem no reach...NOURISH SUPER LOAVES! wink

Are you with them also collins,
let us know now now as e dey [color=#990000]hot!
Make we know maybe u sef go dey collect GBAS-GBOS or a warm hug, kisses kiss and respect from us.
Choose one NOW........and choose wisely! grin cheesy

Check our profile to learn more about us.......UNFUCKWITHABLE!!
zombie
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by GumGum: 7:35am On Feb 02, 2020
Any reasonable person would know that revealing your identity in China during this sensitive period is a bad idea.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by proclinician: 7:38am On Feb 02, 2020
post=86299287:

May God safe and guide his people from this virus.

We are covered by the Blood of Jesus (This is only for those who believe in the precious Blood of the Lamb)

If not, may whatever you believe in protect you also.

God is Love!

A Very Big Amen Mr Eazi!

Toyo dearie, hope you are safe and sound dearie.
May the Almighty Allah continue to be with you.
From all of us @[color=#006600][/color], Our prayers are with you and all Nigerians over there!

The weakness of the black man.
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Passion16(m): 7:44am On Feb 02, 2020
nakaman:
u never see anytin
Foolish nigerian
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 7:57am On Feb 02, 2020
sinkhole:

Sorry to ask o, in as much as I agree with you that some evidence of his/her claim of being in Wuhan is required, could you confidently put your very own NAME, real picture, what you do in life (as in your occupation), where you work or school, etc on this forum?
If you could, then do it now cool

I definitely would if I was in OPs shoes in order to add credibility to my situation which as he wanted everyone to believe, was dire.

My situation right now is not in dire straits so why do so?

Besides I have put up my pictures here along with the picture of my Godfather (who happens to be white) just a day ago and everyone saw me and I only took it down almost 1hr later when someone asked me to

I did not blur or edit my pictures even though I could, but I asked him to do so with his but show something verifiable that shows he is in Wuhan on the pic and someone suggested he should take a pic next to something showing today's date and holding his moniker up even if he has to keep his face blurred.

How can someone be parading a 2016 fellowship flyer when the same fellowship has had programs in 2019 and this is 2020 and when the 2016 poster was lifted from the fellowship Facebook page?

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by berrystunn(m): 7:59am On Feb 02, 2020
post=86299372:

Thanks for posting this!
Thanks for coming out to talk.
We believe something will be done before 48 hours ,
and for those that do not want to live just like some refused to leave SA when the government came for them, we wish them the best.

For those of you that are ready to come back home to our darling country.
Prepare your bags and boxes guys.
Keep yourself safe and sound for few hours more.
This is a proactive government, to most extent.
God bless Nigeria.

@the student, any information from the Nigerian embassy over there?
Do let us know.

So it was your Cownu and his rented bouncers that went to SOUTH AFRICA to evacuate Nigerians few months ago?!

Una wailers go just open mouth anyhow they talk rubbish sha.
Hatred for your country will not kill you guys one day, our prayers are with you.
Hatred kills faster than HIV, be guided!
We are sure the wall clock in your house is permanently at 8' O Clock twenty-four hours of the day!
Pathetic tin!

Yes, 4 people with 1356 different monikers on Nairaland (no exaggeration!) that support criminals and looters that raped and looted our nation for 16 years, that are now in severe pains that they cannot feed on stolen money anymore like usual, when they were told STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION!
They are also known as children of hate, perdition and frustration.

But, it's not about us @[/color] tho,
it is about their hatred for Our darling country.
And it is good to know that those who love our darling Daddy and our darling country are more than those who see themselves as animals that live in a zoo!
Over 15 Million Nigerians cannot be wrong!

Now you know them.
So don't be surprise anymore.
Dem no reach...NOURISH SUPER LOAVES! wink

Are you with them also collins,
let us know now now as e dey [color=#990000]hot!
Make we know maybe u sef go dey collect GBAS-GBOS or a warm hug, kisses kiss and respect from us.
Choose one NOW........and choose wisely! grin cheesy

Check our profile to learn more about us.......UNFUCKWITHABLE!!

Tahh shut up
Looted for 16yr
Darling country and darling president.
15 million Nigerians.

Now I understand why you did not pass any exams.

Looting and corruption is the foundation of your darling country, that led to 1966 coup d'etat which finally led to civil war.

Your darling president coup d'etat in 1983 as a result of corruption and looting.

America reminder your ass about corruption and looting in 2015 just to on seat GJ.
Did corruption and looting stopped till date ?capital No, your darling country is even more corrupt now.

Your 15 million manipulated vote. (Nigerians cannot be wrong?) is not up 10% of our population.

If you are looking for who to blame for your darling country go and do your homework nonsense.

Government looting from looters, borrowing and looting. From 11 trillion that was borrowed in just 3 years. 1 billion dollars was used for security.

You and i can see how good our security his.
Our Tough security indeed.

No make me vex oh.

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:01am On Feb 02, 2020
Oh, the sun kid is having a bad day!
Understandable.
We are not the cause of your bitterness o, kiddo. intellectozone cinema, OMG grin cheesy grin cheesy
Ok bye! grin cheesy wink

@topic, May God safe our people from this evil virus!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA / Life In Turkey / Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.