Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo (24249 Views)

What's Your Opinion About Teachers Flogging Or Punishing Your Child? / Lagos To Give 10,000 Radio Sets To Pupils For Homeschooling / Professor Wendy Osefo Racially Attacked For Speaking Against Racism In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Destroyerofyeeb: 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
No wonder igbo language is going into extinction, they'd rather brag about speaking English grin grin. You speak your yoruba language jeje dem go dey vex. Shioor

3 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Gideon110(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Igbo AMAKA
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by okpalaAnambra: 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Igbo bu Igbo
Anambra kwenu
Imo kwenu
Ebonyi kwenu
Abia kwenu
Enugu kwenu
Anioma kwenu
Ikwerre kwenu
Igbanke kwenu
Benue Igbos kwenu
Cross River Igbos kwenu
Akwa Ibom Igbos kwenu
Kogi Igbos kwenu

Kwezue unu ooooooooooooooooo.....eeeeeeee
Iseeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by CasNova: 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
Good development. I hope the Commissioner, Ms. Sally Mbanefo, can speak Igbo too.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
BlackfireX:
They should ban that Igbo language
they will ban ikpu nne gi
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Godsonkemz(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
goodnessme1:
I still don't know why Amotekuns and boko people are always bitter on Igbo matter.

My dear don't mind them. The more they hate us, the more we rise above them. Records have shown that if Igbos leave Lagos, the economy of Lagos will be like that of Ondo or Osun state.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Redman44(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
Ctorch:

https://punchng.com/anambra-to-punish-teachers-flogging-pupils-for-speaking-igbo?fbclid=IwAR1nzwYYWdCwGKoWryM040AMuWcXBNmAtyZEWd_cVWiitUvvO4fpK_4rHUw

Very good move. I'm loving this. This policy should be adopted by all the States in Nigeria. A day in the week should be chosen for Primary and Secondary school students in Nigeria to dress in traditional clothing to attend classes. This would keep tailors and fashion designers working to produce different styles of native clothes all year round. It would also boost Nigeria's fashion industry. The Anambra State government has made a good move with this directive. All other states should adopt it. Nice One smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Nnemuka(f): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
Obiano pls do and go so that PDP can take over that state and fix it.
Your mates are technologically improving their states, and you are talking about English language.

Seems Anambra will be better in the hands of a female governor, men have continuously failed us.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Visman(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
K
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by ejimatic: 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2020
Ctorch:

https://punchng.com/anambra-to-punish-teachers-flogging-pupils-for-speaking-igbo?fbclid=IwAR1nzwYYWdCwGKoWryM040AMuWcXBNmAtyZEWd_cVWiitUvvO4fpK_4rHUw
. Nigerians have done a lot of things to kill our indigenous languages..Our interest is in English even when our mother tonque is dying.How painful! The provisions in the National Policy on Education on language teaching and medium of instruction have been abandoned all because of the prominence given to English language.Our indigenous languages are our identities which should not die.They even contribute to the learning of English not a barrier to it.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Pruwa: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
what nonsense
why will a teacher flog his or her student for speaking igbo
I so much admire the ibos because of how they are so fluent in thier language

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by mencer(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
you are wrong
tobstarizhia:
I am strongly against pidgin being spoken in school, or anything different from the language that is taught. Like it or not, Nigeria is a multicultural entity, and as such we need a unifying lingua franca to better understand one another. Hence English. It annoys me when I see people speaking the English poorly. middle class citizens mind you, not necessarily the poor. Pidgin or vernacular is a poor man's language, and the sooner we stop representing that in all our media the better. Improving our mother tongue is also commendable. nothing wrong in that. In a class room setting where English is the language that is being taught, any other language should not be tolerated.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by IGBOmarryme: 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
Redman44:

Very good move. I'm loving this. This policy should be adopted by all the States in Nigeria. A day in the week should be chosen for Primary and Secondary school students in Nigeria to dress in traditional clothing to attend classes. This would keep tailors and fashion designers working to produce different styles of native clothes all year round. It would also boost Nigeria's fashion industry. The Anambra State government has made a good move with this directive. All other states should adopt it. Nice One smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.

IMO already started it first with Emeka Ihedioha.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Xclusiveme: 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
They should have an igbo speaking day once a week, the rest of the days English. English is really important in training a child. Children these days don't really know how to express themselves in English because of native lang upbringing. Our mother's tongue is necessary too but we need to be advanced in English first than any other language.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by BrutusOj(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nice one. Our indigenous languages are going into extinction because of indomie generation forming nonsense.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by BrutusOj(m): 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Xclusiveme:
They should have an igbo speaking day once a week, the rest of the days English. English is really important in training a child. Children these days don't really know how to express themselves in English because of native lang upbringing. Our mother's tongue is necessary too but we need to be advanced in English first than any other language.
Mother tongue first jaree. It is more difficult to learn mother tongue than learn English language.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by newdawn2017(f): 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
BlackfireX:
Oloshi niyen. May ur destiny be banned. undecided
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by AfroKnight: 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
goodnessme1:
imagine singing praise song in yoruba language.na gwadangwa e go be.

Imagine someone who thinks she’s a Christian. Lol. You are deceiving yourself. Christianity and bigotry don’t mix.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Redman44(m): 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Yes, Igbo Language should be spoken on the same day traditional clothing is worn to school. However, I don't agree that English Language should be given more prominence than our local languages. The Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Germans do not speak English as their first language and they also do not teach with English language in their schools. English Language is a 2nd language in China, Japan, South and North Korea and Germany. And these nations are far ahead of Nigeria in so many things. I believe we will produce more intelligent people in our schools if we teach students with Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Kennyg101: 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Imagine singing hip hop in igbo. E go be like shit. Just like vic o and speed...
goodnessme1:
imagine singing praise song in yoruba language.na gwadangwa e go be.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by FullBlastLight: 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
tobstarizhia:
I am strongly against pidgin being spoken in school, or anything different from the language that is taught. Like it or not, Nigeria is a multicultural entity, and as such we need a unifying lingua franca to better understand one another. Hence English. It annoys me when I see people speaking the English poorly. middle class citizens mind you, not necessarily the poor. Pidgin or vernacular is a poor man's language, and the sooner we stop representing that in all our media the better. Improving our mother tongue is also commendable. nothing wrong in that. In a class room setting where English is the language that is being taught, any other language should not be tolerated.

Seconded!

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by PHijo(m): 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nice one!
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Osidazz19: 8:07pm On Feb 01, 2020
BlackfireX:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Xclusiveme: 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
Who else have noticed that regular igbo speaking and pidgin damages our English speaking. Ndi anambra, you guys are fond of using L in place of R when speaking igbo and sometimes it affects your English too
Eg. Mmiri---mmili
Even tho it sounds right but when used in English
Eg. Rice---Lice. It sounds terrible

Pidgin
I hear say charles don die. If u ask pidgin speakers to translate that to correct english it might b hard for them. That's why schools needs to train pupils with English language
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Redman44(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
IGBOmarryme:

IMO already started it first with Emeka Ihedioha.

Really? That is good then. Yoruba states need to follow suit. It is a good way of boosting the domestic fashion industry and also promoting our various cultures. I have always pushed for policies like this online. It should even be enshrined in our constitution.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by DropsMic(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
Beautiful
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Tayeni(m): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
Redman44:

Yes, Igbo Language should be spoken on the same day traditional clothing is worn to school. However, I don't agree that English Language should be given more prominence than our local languages. The Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Germans do not speak English as their first language and they also do not teach with English language in their schools. English Language is a 2nd language in China, Japan, South and North Korea and Germany. And these nations are far ahead of Nigeria in so many things. I believe we will produce more intelligent people in our schools if we teach students with Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. Cheers.
As desirable as it is to teach science and other forms of education in our mother tongues, it's not feasible in a country that's not homogeneous .
. Not even in Africa as a whole. We are too fragmented along language lines. Too many languages.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by PHijo(m): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
tobstarizhia:

People should speak their respective languages please, if Nigeria is meant to destroy our respective cultures it should be destroyed before it does that.

Anambra is Igbo and Igbo should be spoken. If I had my way, english would be introduced as a language of instruction from jss 1

4 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Kennyswag: 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
Osidazz19:

grin grin grin grin
language just be like say na incantation gringrin

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
PHijo:

People should speak their respective languages please, if Nigeria is meant to destroy our respective cultures it should be destroyed before it does that.

Anambra is Igbo and Igbo should be spoken. If I had my way, english would be introduced as a language of instruction from jss 1

First time I have to agree with you.

You're totally in order.

Nice one.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Premiumwriter: 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
tobstarizhia:
the only person that seems to be making any sense on this thread.

nigeria is a multicultural nation with more than 250 ethnic groups and language. we need a unifying language and of course we cannot choose hausa, yoruba or any of the other ethnic group over the other. hence english. don't know why some people tend to criticize the adoption of english

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Randy Lecturer / 37 Kano Nursing Students In Egypt Will Return Home Over Poor Performance / Tuition Fee Hike: OSPOLY Reveals Next Move As Students Refuse To Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.