Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,553 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo (24271 Views)

What's Your Opinion About Teachers Flogging Or Punishing Your Child? / Lagos To Give 10,000 Radio Sets To Pupils For Homeschooling / Professor Wendy Osefo Racially Attacked For Speaking Against Racism In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by MOnkeyBabe(f): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
Wahala dey. Me Wey like igbo pass anything

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Tayeni(m): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
codemaniacs:

no matter what we produce our market is still mostly Nigerian or at best african market. this would affect the price of the products as it would have to be in naira and affordable to the middle class Nigerian.

look at luxurious apartments in lagos and and abuja and the fact that they remain empty due to the expensive price.

another you fail to understand is that black Americans are doing well in other sectors but the media only shows what they want to show you, this is perception programming. they control how you see black americans.
Its not perception programming kan kan.... it's reality that blacks are at the lowest rung of economic prosperity in America. If you could read a book by Thomas Sowell...a black American himself: Economic Facts And Fallacies, You'd know blacks in America aren't doing well even compared to Nigerian immigrants who are mostly more educated.

I won't pretend to be an economist.... but one thing I do know is that...we don't produce even the basic things we consume..... leave rattan out of it.... I'm talking about petrol to steel to flashlights....rice to poultry to MDF to toothpick. until we learn to be self-sufficient in small things....there won't be good paying jobs enough to go round...consequently, there will be low purchasing power.....We won't find the answers in Language and Culture or Religion
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by LZAA: 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
immhotep:

Ebenezar2020 is still recovering from Amotekun grin grin
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by fynn12(f): 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2020
azimo:
they will ban ikpu nne gi
Only if that idiot knows the meaning. You are wicked
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Tayeni(m): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
Redman44:

Please go online and check the prices of rattan bags in Europe. We are the ones underselling ourselves to them. Whites love natural products made from nature. You can fake designer bags. You can't fake African rattan bags and crafts.
The Chinese started by imitating.... today you buy everything from them including toothpicks carved from bamboo. Americans produce everything in China. There is nothing impressive about a rattan bag to imitate. Nobody aspires to it..... it's too niche to bring in enough hard currencies.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by codemaniacs: 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2020
zz
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by AfroKnight: 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
MikeBetty:
Unfortunately To You, I Travelled And Still Travelling More Than You.

More than who?

cheesy

You see? You are a joke. You have no idea who I am but you think you’ve travelled more than I? Your words reveal your lack of polish.

Like I said, learn from cultures wherever you go. Don’t continue to be a disgrace, with your clannish nonsense.

This world is big and diverse. Don’t be ignorant.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Redman44(m): 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
codemaniacs:

you just answered yourself.

you said " blacks are at the lowest rung of economic prosperity in America". its not just blacks in the U.S it's all black people globally.

most of the big companies are owned by europeans who would always give jobs to their fellow europeans than give black Americans.

you get your info mostly from media so you're brainwashed. a lot of white people are doing worse than black Americans but the white owned media would never show it.

if you're expressing yourself would you express as a bad person.

right now you're trying your best to express yourself as been better than black Americans when there are millions of black americans that are better than you.

@ Tayeni, you only need to attend the Lagos International Trade Fair to see some amazing products manufactured by Nigerians. Nigerians are now making Pencils, detergents, machines for food processing, hand held tools etc. The problem is that the World Trade Organization and the Western nations impose a lot of tariffs on our products when we export them. The trade rules we have to abide with are not helpful to the export of our goods and products.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Tayeni(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
codemaniacs:

you just answered yourself.

you said " blacks are at the lowest rung of economic prosperity in America". its not just blacks in the U.S it's all black people globally.

most of the big companies are owned by europeans who would always give jobs to their fellow europeans than give black Americans.

you get your info mostly from media so you're brainwashed. a lot of white people are doing worse than black Americans but the white owned media would never show it.

if you're expressing yourself would you express as a bad person.

right now you're trying your best to express yourself as been better than black Americans when there are millions of black americans that are better than you.
I really don't know where to start with you. It's fact that Nigerian immigrants in the US are more educated and well off than black Americans. It's not a matter of media....its statistics... ratios and percentages. That should tell you that the condition of black Americans today is not as a result of any ongoing racism as you would like to believe. But self inflicted by crime culture, divorce rate... deadbeat parents... lack of education..etc.

Back home too.... the condition Nigeria finds itself is self inflicted....not as a result of any conspiracy theory or racism. We have not handled our affairs well.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
Redman44:

Really? That is good then. Yoruba states need to follow suit. It is a good way of boosting the domestic fashion industry and also promoting our various cultures. I have always pushed for policies like this online. It should even be enshrined in our constitution.

Na Mu-square , yoruba shud follow Igbo... When ur Igbo people are trailing behind.. You shud learn from us, we dont dump our name and bear English name every where
Igbo that are not proud of their name. U go see Chukwudi onyebueze bearing frank Micheal.. Those English no even dey any of him given name ooo but becos of shame, e go change name

Yoruba lead, Igbo crawl behind
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by EmekaBlue(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
BigSarah:
Very Good development, it's terrible being unable to speak ones local dialect.. I hate that about me, hopefully nysc will take me to the east finally....
Meanwhile check my signature!
nwanyi oma, u have a ring on ur nose instead of on ur finger...r u a bull?!
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Tayeni(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
Redman44:

@ Tayeni, you only need to attend the Lagos International Trade Fair to see some amazing products manufactured by Nigerians. Nigerians are now making Pencils, detergents, machines for food processing, hand held tools etc. The problem is that the World Trade Organization and the Western nations impose a lot of tariffs on our products when we export them. The trade rules we have to abide with are not helpful to the export of our goods and products.
We overreach sometimes when we want to force ourselves to export to nations that are at advantage over us. What we should start with is producing just 60% of what we import. That's why I am for the border closure and import substitution wherever possible.

I know a few Nigerians are creative and coming up with products.... but the business environment is still tough and those products wont come cheap. It's a no-brainer.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by codemaniacs: 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
zz
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by musicwriter(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
AfroKnight:
I’m not in support of flogging in general. Frustrated teachers may end up brutalising those children.

But one thing is certain. You need to communicate in English at school. Speak your dialect at home. This rule should be compulsory in all states except Lagos, Rivers, Plateau, FCT Abuja (Not a state though grin) and maybe Edo. Why? Cos the other states have preserved the strong influence of their indigenous languages.

English is the language of education in most parts of the world. Others are French, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, and Spanish.

Why did I just say this? Many scientific, business and philosophical standards/concepts were created and first explained in these languages. The languages evolved to accommodate the leaps in technology and civilisation.

How many doctors studied medicine in Igbo language or Yoruba? What is the igbo term for cancer or white blood cell? What is the Yoruba word for entropy or thermodynamics. Has anyone studied creative writing in Igbo language or written code in Hausa? Which lawyer has handled a merger and acquisition strictly in Efik?

Let’s be real.

English is the language of learning. Until you create your indigenous technology and document it in your native language, you must learn how to communicate clearly in English Language or any major language. There is no university in this world that does not expect good language skills from its applicants. If you fail English but pass Yoruba, you will still have to go back to learn that English or French or whatever.

Yes, you should preserve your culture but also learn to communicate with the rest of the world at advanced levels. It is too late (or early) to evolve your language to the level of English or Japanese. Your culture has not contributed to the advancement of technology, science, business, education or economics. Sorry.

Been following this thread but just have to respond because you have no idea this very argument you have here was the same argument that stopped Britain for a long time from adopting English as their official language.

For your information, Britain was also colonized and even enslaved at some point in their national life. Once upon a time, Britain was also under occupation!. Britain was colonized by Rome, Germanic people, Scandinavians, and France and they adopted Latin, Greek, French, and Scandinavian languages during occupation of their land.

55 BC - Rome colonized Britain (brought Latin).
450 AD – Germanic people invade Britain (brought German).
597 AD – Missionaries invade Britain (brought Greek and more Latin).
700 AD – Vikings colonized Britain (brought Scandinavian languages).
1066 AD – France colonized Britain (brought French).

Each time Britain was colonized, they were forced to speak the language of their captor just like every other imperial force would do. Again, in their times of captivity, Britain at various times, spoke Latin, Greek, Scandinavian languages, and French; depending on the occupying force.

Eventually, they got their independence, and from the early 1340's they found themselves in this type of discussion we're having here. Funny enough, educated people in Britain had this same argument you have here. This type of argument set them back for up to 300 years because they no longer had confidence in themselves!. It took such a long time because educated people (like you) in Britain then, those who spoke fluent Greek, German, French, Latin- the language of their captors, were making the same argument you are making now!!. The question on the lips of educated people in Britain sounded like ’’Now you suggest we renounce what we currently have (Greek, German, French, Latin) and go back to reconstruct ourselves from bottom up? Where do we start from? How do we compete with the fast pace of the ever evolving rest of the world?

The elites and highly educated scholars in Oxford and Cambridge University, who spoke fluent Greek, German, French, Latin, were also asking; ‘’where do we begin?’’

This hindered them for long from making progress in their own image and language.

Long story short, once Britain regained their common sense, they banned foreign languages in the entire British Isle and adopted their own native English as their official language.

In 1348, English replaced Latin as the medium of instruction in schools. But Oxford and Cambridge university scholars refused and continued to teach in Latin.

In 1362, English was used in the British Parliament for the first time. English also replaced French as the language of law.

In 1702, The first English-language newspaper, The Daily Courant was published in London.

English was later to became the language that could be used to do everything, including science, economics, technology, etc. And everything kept getting better and better for them as a nation since then because it was at that point that they liberated their minds and became the creators of the so called knowledge that you now enjoy but, ironically, demean your own language which is your heritage.

The problem you have is the same problem Oxford and Cambridge university scholars had. You've been so much intellectually enslaved that you no longer trust yourself in your own language!. The problem is not that our native languages can't be used to do all that English can do, the problem is that you've been trained to abdicate from your heritage and instead prefer English as authority. And you don't know it!.

Anambra state should go ahead and make Igbo language the official language in school. The priority given English should be given to Igbo instead. Its English that should be relegated to the back seat every Wednesday not Igbo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by PerseDew(f): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
texazzpete:

This makes zero sense.

The official language in Nigeria is English. Not Igbo, not Yoruba and not Hausa. That is a fact.

Your Germany example is absolutely hilarious. Guess what the official language in Germany is?

The German(Hochdeutsch) which is the official language in Germany has it's foundation in Martin Luther's translation of the bible into a German vernacular version such that the people of different areas and various dialects of today's Germany could read the bible. He critized the use of Latin because then only the educated would read the bible.

A good number of these dialects that existed then still exist today and no one penalises students when they speak it among themselves. Note that these dialects can differ to extent that another German not exposed to it will have difficulties understanding what is being said.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Kennyswag: 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
CSTR2:

There is no other ethnic group in Nigeria with more songs than the igbo.
your facts please
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Tayeni(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
codemaniacs:

you're comparing Nigeria's middle class with black American's poverty class. thats not a fair comparison.

Nigeria's middle class is no where near the level of black america's middle class.

the media publishes the stats.

how many schools did the b:rits build in Nigeria before they left? not more than 1 university before 1960 not more than 5 secondary and primary schools.

you're either a white person on an african forum or you're filled with self hate.

Mr man. It seems you aren't very good at comprehending some things. I wonder why. Nigerians that EMIGRATE to the US place more value on education than black Americans... and are consequently well placed and more driven... with no entitlement mentality.
most are professionals.

I had to repeat that for the umpteenth time... maybe you'd get it... maybe not. I tried.

Self awareness is not synonymous to self hate....i know what's wrong with us as blacks stems from the mind... and it's my duty to point it out to anyone who cares to listen until a critical mass of people aren't deluded and stop chasing after shadows of tribalism and religiosity.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by codemaniacs: 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
zz
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by danvon(m): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
Reading this thread I see how hypocritical Nigerians can be

They worship white man's Gods, receive White man's education, condemn human sacrifice, possess white man's architecture, listen to white music, dress like white people (so called native attire)

And yet they want to speak their language they want to still think like Africans

They can't see this things are related

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by gregyboy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Just yesterday.

That's cool.

Lol

Yea am sincere about it just yesterday i told her she should take upon an edo name
To her names ,
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by bigfrancis21: 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
musicwriter:

Been following this thread but just have to respond because you have no idea this very argument you have here was the same argument that stopped Britain for a long time from adopting English as their official language.

For your information, Britain was also colonized and even enslaved at some point in their national life. Once upon a time, Britain was also under occupation!. Britain was colonized by Rome, Germanic people, Scandinavians, and France and they adopted Latin, Greek, French, and Scandinavian languages during occupation of their land.

55 BC - Rome colonized Britain (brought Latin).
450 AD – Germanic people invade Britain (brought German).
597 AD – Missionaries invade Britain (brought Greek and more Latin).
700 AD – Vikings colonized Britain (brought Scandinavian languages).
1066 AD – France colonized Britain (brought French).

Each time Britain was colonized, they were forced to speak the language of their captor just like every other imperial force would do. Again, in their times of captivity, Britain at various times, spoke Latin, Greek, Scandinavian languages, and French; depending on the occupying force.

Eventually, they got their independence, and from the early 1340's they found themselves in this type of discussion we're having here. Funny enough, educated people in Britain had this same argument you have here. This type of argument set them back for up to 300 years because they no longer had confidence in themselves!. It took such a long time because educated people (like you) in Britain then, those who spoke fluent Greek, German, French, Latin- the language of their captors, were making the same argument you are making now!!. The question on the lips of educated people in Britain sounded like ’’Now you suggest we renounce what we currently have (Greek, German, French, Latin) and go back to reconstruct ourselves from bottom up? Where do we start from? How do we compete with the fast pace of the ever evolving rest of the world?

The elites and highly educated scholars in Oxford and Cambridge University, who spoke fluent Greek, German, French, Latin, were also asking; ‘’where do we begin?’’

This hindered them for long from making progress in their own image and language.

Long story short, once Britain regained their common sense, they banned foreign languages in the entire British Isle and adopted their own native English as their official language.

In 1348, English replaced Latin as the medium of instruction in schools. But Oxford and Cambridge university scholars refused and continued to teach in Latin.

In 1362, English was used in the British Parliament for the first time. English also replaced French as the language of law.

In 1702, The first English-language newspaper, The Daily Courant was published in London.

English was later to became the language that could be used to do everything, including science, economics, technology, etc. And everything kept getting better and better for them as a nation since then because it was at that point that they liberated their minds and became the creators of the so called knowledge that you now enjoy but, ironically, demean your own language which is your heritage.

The problem you have is the same problem Oxford and Cambridge university scholars had. You've been so much intellectually enslaved that you no longer trust yourself in your own language!. The problem is not that our native languages can't be used to do all that English can do, the problem is that you've been trained to abdicate from your heritage and instead prefer English as authority. And you don't know it!.

Anambra state should go ahead and make Igbo language the official language in school. The priority given English should be given to Igbo instead. Its English that should be relegated to the back seat every Wednesday not Igbo.

Seconded.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Tayeni(m): 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
codemaniacs:

black americans are indigenous to America and are entitled to all they have help build in America.

white people see africans as blacks and africans are been used to replace the blacks in america so jobs that are normally meant to go to educated black americans are been given to africans.

its only a matter of time before black americans start been xenophobic towards africans.

There is no job meant for anybody in a private business driven society.... meritocracy reigns. Doesn't matter if you are aborigen or oriental or whatever colour.... if you are competent, you get the job. You have taken your Naija mentality into the matter....No body is entitled to anything.
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by bigfrancis21: 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
NACE13:

I like this a lot. I was born and bought up in the west; my parents raised me with only English language(something they deeply regret till date). I couldn't communicate with my cousins or relations because of this and this made my relationship with them dwindle because I can't imagine them speaking igbo to me and I'd be replying in english. It affected my self esteem.

Fortunately, I was determined to learn my mother tongue and I therefore decided to school in the SE where I spent most of my holidays with my big Uncles, sometimes go home (village) to know more about my culture and tradition. I try to make sure no one speaks English to me, so I can keep learning my dialect. I am happy with the few years I have spent in SE. I can communicate to an extent in my native tongue except I usually sound "foreign" according to my relations. I can keep the convo rolling as long as you do not laugh when I speak.
I have promised myself that my kids must know and speak their mother tongue no matter what it takes. I won't repeat same mistake my parent did with me.

We are fast losing our culture and it hurts so bad.

Igbo first, English second is always the best.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Ugonnaya1998: 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2020
BlackfireX:
They should ban that Igbo language
they should squeeze you..mugu
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by bigfrancis21: 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
Pruwa:
what nonsense
why will a teacher flog his or her student for speaking igbo
I so much admire the ibos because of how they are so fluent in thier language

We Igbos are complaining that some of us don't speak, a non-Igbo is proud that we speak. cheesy The irony of life.

Which Igbos did you observe exactly and where?
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Ugonnaya1998: 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
masterP042:
Why our people like foreign things too much to the detriment of their identity is what I don't understand.

Was speaking with one the other day she called our language "vernacular". Wetin pain me pass be say even the English she no sabi, oya pidgin sef, the worse, nonsense. I don't blame them, na low esteem dey do them.

Especially all these lagos brought up, they hardly speak our language, they even prefer yoruba. Igbos are fast losing their identity.
Asusu igbo di uso, bikonu ka anyi na-akwado asusu anyi. Ndewonu.
Onye obodo
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Ugonnaya1998: 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
My own language is now vernacular....okayooo but na thunder go � una
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by codemaniacs: 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
zz
Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by bigfrancis21: 11:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
Xclusiveme:
Who else have noticed that regular igbo speaking and pidgin damages our English speaking. Ndi anambra, you guys are fond of using L in place of R when speaking igbo and sometimes it affects your English too
Eg. Mmiri---mmili
Even tho it sounds right but when used in English
Eg. Rice---Lice. It sounds terrible

Pidgin
I hear say charles don die. If u ask pidgin speakers to translate that to correct english it might b hard for them. That's why schools needs to train pupils with English language

samwash:
I hate it when student of these day can't express themselves in simple English.
And if a Nigerian can not express his or her self in English language in the global stage, you call them illiterates, you start agureing that English is not our mother tougue, but you forgot that Nigeria is an English speaking Nation.

Well, there will always be speakers of a broken form of English now matter how fluent or native English is to that country. Here in America, millions of whites and blacks don't speak standard English and speak various forms of broken English. Just like in Nigeria, standard English is taught in schools but on the streets, various English dialects exist that differ from state to state. When someone from the hood here goes to school, their spoken English becomes better/standard/it changes! This is a country where English is the native language! The same applies to Britain and Australia as well.

Before I left Nigeria, I used to be so strict on speaking good/proper English and hard on people around me who couldn't nor write English properly. But upon coming to America, I discovered, in addition to the various broken forms of English spoken on the streets, that a good number can't write English properly and if you read or see some of what they write you would wonder if they are the same people who speak the American English that you hear. I was very humbled by this and ever since I let go of being so strict about proper English speaking like one's existence depends on it.

Honestly, we should not be hard on ourselves for not speaking proper English when many native speakers aren't the best speakers nor writers neither. The Japanese, Chinese people etc are very smart and advanced in science and technology but yet most can't speak proper English. I also remember during my secondary and university days in the east, we had the minority who were raised with English only and the majority who spoke Igbo plus English. The best or top 5 or 10 were always mostly the Igbo speakers with a few sole English speakers here and there. Their ability to speak Igbo never hindered their intelligence nor English-speaking skills. Speaking English is never a mark of intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by bigfrancis21: 11:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
Tayeni:
Your last point wan tear my belle wit laff. Education minister. If you can tell me the Igbo word for gamma radiation, I go bow.

Well, none exists because Igbo vocabulary has not been specifically adapted to science. If it is adapted, surely the word for it will be created. Most languages have words for things/items it is familiar with. Thus, Igbo language can give you the Igbo words/names for nearly all species of trees, plants and animals in Nigeria (it has an advanced plant and animal vocabulary) but only a few words for science or medicinal terminology because these are latest inventions/introductions to Igbo land and the language has not yet been adapted fully to then. 300 years ago, 'gamma radiation', did not exist in English Language. However, it exists today because the language created more vocabulary to accommodate its encounter with science.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by gregyboy(m): 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
Redman44:

Well said and spoken. God bless you.

The north are loosing thier language to hausas even the fulfude is not excluded here and why the hausas has not yet lost its language is because they have bluntly disallowed western education
When they beging to accept it the effect will take place....

Yorubas are fast losing thier language to the lagos yorubas take it or leave the population of yorubas who are educated are still way fewer than the igbos and they often dont travel like the igbos because of language barriers ( disadvantage)

Igbos are currently expriencing this because they are more exposed westernlly than the other tribes ,they travel alot so they fast loose thier langiage because of this and they can actually blend to any society....
If you dont like the way the igbos are loosi g thier language then you should as well tell them to stop frequent migration and cutoff any western education....

There is nothing special by the other two tribes keeping thier language soon or later they will loose it
Language will always be lost and gained

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo by Eagleboney(m): 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
goodnessme1:
imagine singing praise song in yoruba language.na gwadangwa e go be.

haha dis one sweet me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tuition Fee Hike: OSPOLY Reveals Next Move As Students Refuse To Pay / Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike / Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.