Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Could This Be God's Call To Service? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could This Be God's Call To Service? (208 Views)

Rape A Girl, Marry Her And Pay A Fine To The Dad! This Can’t Be God! / If Man Be God, Life For Better. Reason The Matter With Me / How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be God's Call To Service? by lefkosia19: 12:52am On Feb 02, 2020
Believers in the house, help me out.
Please don't mind my typographical errors.

I am from a non-Christian home because my dad is a native doctor. I have never been a member of any church, though I have attended some churches based on invitation. But I sometimes see myself in the dream preaching in a church setting. I have had series of dreams that seem to be encounter with a supreme being but I don’t always attach meanings to them. Whenever I listen to Christian worship songs, I feel something within me I cannot explain. I remember some time ago during worship session in one of the churches I attended, I felt something like a very cool breeze within me and I suddenly found myself falling. I only pray when I hear bad news. Since I left school, life has been so tough for me. No good job and I am married with two kids. My wife always advise me to pray but I don’t always listen to her. Last year, with the help of a brother I traveled out of the country just to learn yahoo yahoo. Within few weeks I got a client who paid me an amount I have never saved in my life, yet I am not happy. I feel something is missing somewhere. I keep seeing myself preaching in the dream. The one that really shock me most was the dream I had of recent. In the dream I heard a voice telling me to go ahead that I should not be afraid that the words of God have been put in my mouth. Could it be that God is calling me? The funny thing is that I have said so many negative things about Christianity and religion as a whole. If it is actually the call of God, how do I tell my friends and family members that I am now a born again Christian? Not to talk of being a preacher. Many people will laugh at me. If it is actually the call of God, where do I start from? Who will I meet? I don’t like pastors. I am so confused right now.
Re: Could This Be God's Call To Service? by Bluezy13(m): 3:35am On Feb 02, 2020
As a Freethinker, my personal advice to you is that you should follow your mind, your happiness should be your priority.
If your mind seeks happiness in following God...if at all God exist...then follow God and preach at least to lay your mind to rest. There is nothing as precious as a peaceful mind.
A peaceful mind gives room for progress.
Re: Could This Be God's Call To Service? by chiommy123(f): 4:55am On Feb 02, 2020
You really do not have to meet anyone or even tell your family and friends anything just pick up your Bible if do not have you can buy one and start mediating on it daily and pray to God to open your eyes and dwell in you and do your best to live according to Gods will.
Re: Could This Be God's Call To Service? by lefkosia19: 6:48am On Feb 02, 2020
Bluezy13:
As a Freethinker, my personal advice to you is that you should follow your mind, your happiness should be your priority.
If your mind seeks happiness in following God...if at all God exist...then follow God and preach at least to lay your mind to rest. There is nothing as precious as a peaceful mind.
A peaceful mind gives room for progress.

Thank you
Re: Could This Be God's Call To Service? by lefkosia19: 6:49am On Feb 02, 2020
chiommy123:
You really do not have to meet anyone or even tell your family and friends anything just pick up your Bible if do not have you can buy one and start mediating on it daily and pray to God to open your eyes and dwell in you and do your best to live according to Gods will.

Ok, thanks.
Re: Could This Be God's Call To Service? by AntiChristian: 7:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Look for an Imam and take the Shahadah!

(1) (Reply)

When You Hear The Word Bros Go Make Money Ooo" Then You Should Know / When You Sleep And Wake Up With Strange Marks All Over Your Body, The Video / MFM Daily Devotional 10 February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.