Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,526 members, 7,823,286 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... (1974 Views)

El-Rufai: I Will Not Release El-Zakzaky So Long I’m Governor / Cow Meat: Femi Fani-Kayode Dragged On Twitter Over Herdsmen Sex With Cow Ritual / The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by Yujin(m): 10:52am On Feb 03, 2020
tsdarkside:

i dont hate igbos....
na them started insultin everybody because of ipob....

who said anything against igbos before ipob came along....??

look....some will say nothing,but others will not keep quiet when you try to talk down on them....

now,its a fulani group claimin the ol nigeria after you insulted them for soo long....
mentionin dan fodio today....??

this is what ipob caused....
You're incoherent. Gather your thoughts together and lay them properly.
Now you know that Yorubas joined the war even before the Biafran army got to Ore, will it change your conclusion? That was my first response to your comment. React on that.

1 Like

Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by tsdarkside(m): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2020
Yujin:

You're incoherent. Gather your thoughts together and lay them properly.
Now you know that Yorubas joined the war even before the Biafran army got to Ore, will it change your conclusion? That was my first response to your comment. React on that.

ha,now i understand....

but i didnt bother to check it out....

where should i check that out....??

you can atleast give me a link or something....
Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by T9ksy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
kettykings:

Biafra did not lose the war because of Ore invasion , Biafra lost to a side backed by Britain , Soviet union , Egypt and OAU , stop this this misrepresentation of facts

Of course, na 3rd world na! You forgot to include the USA, Germany and the rest. Biafrans alone fighting all the super powers for a whole 30 months. Keep wailing as that's your curse for bringing your stupid war to yorubaland.
Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by T9ksy(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
kettykings:

Biafra stopped the war to end deaths by starvation and not to any spectacular military strength of nigeria military. Stop this misrepresentation of facts , Nigeria is still battling with Boko haram with escalating military and civilian casualties

Yes now, na biafrans stopped the war and not because the blockade was finally enforced and the war of your useless region had been reduced to rubbles. Abeg, stop comparing apples with oranges- Boko haram is not same as biafrans.

How many of your soldiers died of starvation? Ojukwu and his merrymen were feeding fat whilst he projects the pictures of his starving people to the world to garner more guns and ammunition to continue the war. From the moment your advance was stopped at Ore, the war was downhill for Ojukwu and his BLF.
Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by T9ksy(m): 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
tsdarkside:

and china,vietnam,japan,afghanistan.....

Abi o jare!!! na WWIII o!

The whole super powers of the world fought a tiny biafra for 30 whole months.

yeye folks
Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by antadiop2: 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
tsdarkside:

ha,now i understand....

I said you should do your own research. Hard work pays.
Anyway go to international journal of Naval history and type Nigerian civil war.

But I attached an excerpt in case you don’t bother checking.

Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by tsdarkside(m): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
antadiop2:

I said you should do your own research. Hard work pays.
Anyway go to international journal of Naval history and type Nigerian civil war.

But I attached an excerpt in case you don’t bother checking.

okay....good to know....

and do you yourself agree that their were no british warships involved in the war....??
because somebody mentioned something like ,british warships blockaded biafra too....

1 Like

Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by revolt(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
kettykings:

And where were gowon and his boys
a question these nitwits never ask themselves. They let gowon sit in their land and wage war again biafra and expected a March to plateau....brainless folks.
Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by antadiop2: 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
tsdarkside:

okay....good to know....

and do you yourself agree that their were no british warships involved in the war....??
because somebody mentioned something like ,british warships blockaded biafra too....

I know the answer but I’ll rather you two battle it out. Better yet do some research and defeat him intelligently ��‍♂️

God bless
Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by Dedetwo(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ritchiee:

Black Scorpion and Yorubas would not have joined the war if Biafrans had not tried to invade Ore.

Are you okay? The so-called "Black Scorpion and Yorubas" have joined the war before Ore debacle.
Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by Dedetwo(m): 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
MasterKernel:

The war was Biafra against Britain, Nigerian Army has nothing to offer till today.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/10982888_img20191209wa0011_jpeg6e8b9c674cb6d03f4ff28dc59088cfaf

The jackass called Harold Wilson was Labor Party Prime Minister of UK, a so-called liberal politician certain goons from the Africa tend to vote for and embrace. Africa is a home for lazy dunces.

1 Like

Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by Yujin(m): 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
tsdarkside:

ha,now i understand....

Simply Google the date of both attacks i.e Ore and Bonny attacks.
Re: Why The Biafran War Dragged On For So Long.... by tsdarkside(m): 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2021
kettykings:

Biafra did not lose the war because of Ore invasion , Biafra lost to a side backed by Britain , Soviet union , Egypt and OAU , stop this this misrepresentation of facts

nawa....go fight this people without nigeria then....
they supported your enemy....

nonesense....

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Polls: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Peter Obi - Williams Ukpe / 2023: Tinubu Will Never Be President Of Nigeria / Peter Obi's Wife Margret Obi Celebrates Her Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.