Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Social Media Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Social Media Relationships (670 Views)

Do Relationships Without Sex Really Work??........and Is It Healthy?? / 5 Reasons Why Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Relationships And Act Strangely / Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media Relationships by Shugavee(f): 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
Some people benefit from it n many hv died from it !! Is it worth the risk? My friend was gang raped in porthacort for some days by someone she met on line!! Plus that fact u don’t actually know whom they are !! Plus so many stories online, is it worth the risk ?

, my male friend hates hearing that I met someone online !! U can never trust them!! What u think ?
Re: Social Media Relationships by dawnomike(m): 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
It has more disadvantages than advantages
Re: Social Media Relationships by Shugavee(f): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
dawnomike:
It has more disadvantages than advantages
that’s just the truth.
Re: Social Media Relationships by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
People are raped by people they met in real life the most . Many marriages these days started from facebook these days

2 Likes

Re: Social Media Relationships by Peacefullove: 5:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
Shugavee:
Some people benefit from it n many hv died from it !! Is it worth the risk? My friend was gang raped in porthacort for some days by someone she met on line!! Plus that fact u don’t actually know whom they are !! Plus so many stories online, is it worth the risk ?

, my male friend hates hearing that I met someone online !! U can never trust them!! What u think ?

There are no rules to this thing , people are raped offline as well, by people they know very well leading to " I can't believe he could do such a thing " ... You only share the negative sides, forgetting some
good relationship and Marriage today also kick off online.

Just find what works for you
Re: Social Media Relationships by Shugavee(f): 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
Peacefullove:

There are no rules to this thing , people are raped offline as well, by people they know very well leading to " I can't believe he could do such a thing " ... You only share the negative sides, forgetting some
good relationship and Marriage today also kick off online.

Just find what works for you
the risk is huge tho ,, u can’t neglect that fact . Majority of ritual killing started online
Re: Social Media Relationships by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
u might think u chatting with a lady but it would be a guy in disguise cheesy
physical relationship still has an upperhand compared to electronic relationship.at least u can seize the person up to know if he or she is real or not.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Relationships by pwettyme(f): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
It's so risky.... But involve God as you proceed.

My advise to the ladies is not to visit the guys at the first or second meeting (he should come see you at your own convenience).... not until you have spoken or seen someone related to him.
This can be done if you demand to speak or see someone related to him or better still become a mutual friend with his family members e.g Facebook.
I apologize for the preference guys.... But that's just it.
A responsible guy or girl will use his/her real name to ease your search.

Also do a video call once in a while to know who you are chatting with before you schedule your meetings.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Relationships by Shugavee(f): 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
lefulefu:
u might think u chatting with a lady but it would be a guy in disguise cheesy
physical relationship still has an upperhand compared to electronic relationship.at least u can seize the person up to know if he or she is real or not.
true �
Re: Social Media Relationships by Shugavee(f): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
pwettyme:
It's so risky.... But involve God as you proceed.

My advise to the ladies is not to visit the guys at the first or second meeting (he should come see you at your own convenience).... not until you have spoken or seen someone related to him.
This can be done if you demand to speak or see someone related to him or better still become a mutual friend with his family members e.g Facebook.
I apologize for the preference guys.... But that's just it.
A responsible guy or girl will use his/her real name to ease your search.

Also do a video call once in a while to know who you are chatting with before you schedule your meetings.
i totally agree
Re: Social Media Relationships by biddostandard: 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
idk what you re talking abt but most of my friend re from social media
Re: Social Media Relationships by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
There are no lay down rules. The bottom line is, you study people and pay attention

If you meet someone online and you need to see each other, why not do that in an open place.
It's only stu.pid people (guy/ladies) who are not careful that chooses isolated or deserted Locations for meet up.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Relationships by AfroKnight: 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
Shugavee:

Sorry about your friend.

A rule of thumb is that you and the guy should meet at a mall or park for your first date. No alcohol, no drugs please. Don’t let him drop you off or anything. From the mall, everyone goes their separate ways. Do this a couple of times to get clues about his temper and other things.

Ask to meet his friends after so you can get a feel of the kind of company he keeps. Meet in public spaces. Visiting him early in the relationship is risky.
Re: Social Media Relationships by Shugavee(f): 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
AfroKnight:

Sorry about your friend.

A rule of thumb is that you and the guy should meet at a mall or park for your first date. No alcohol, no drugs please. Don’t let him drop you off or anything. From the mall, everyone goes their separate ways. Do this a couple of times to get clues about his temper and other things.

Ask to meet his friends after so you can get a feel of the kind of company he keeps. Meet in public spaces. Visiting him early in the relationship is risky.
very risky
Re: Social Media Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
Expensiverichyb:
There are no lay down rules. The bottom line is, you study people and pay attention

If you meet someone online and you need to see each other, why not do that in an open place.
It's only stu.pid people (guy/ladies) who are not careful that chooses isolated or deserted Locations for meet up.
You have typed truthfully smiley @the bold is spot on

(1) (Reply)

Genotype Have Make Me L Lose The Love Of Life / Love At First Sight:real Or Fiction / No subject

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.