Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (56156 Views)

Welcome To Akure (Pictures) / Rabat, The Capital City Of Morocco Looks Like Europe / I Asked Russians To Tell Me The Capital Of Nigeria (africa Trivia Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nostradamus:
bros forget o.

Akure is such a beauty and I'm so proud of the city...

The o.p just limited his pictures to oba adesida road.if he should show pics of some places in Akure,you go bow.

Not Akure:

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by armyofone(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
I miss Ibadan - post pictures na.

SaintLucia:
Maybe under Ajimobi cos Ibadan is dirty now under Seyi Makinde.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Not Akure:

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Sirdiq21: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

Na Your Mama wey Ban dey hungry
sorry to say this Sir but I have the full video of your Generational madness You are health in Jesus name
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 9:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
Not Akure:

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
Not Akure:

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
Not Akure:

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by EgunMogaji2: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
Ikechukwuezeh94:
just few pictures of a very limited landmass u conclude dat Nigeria is beautiful,common dnt ever settle for less.let de poster show us de full akure let's see.

I don’t need the OP to spoon feed me. He piqued my interest and I did my own research. This coupled with my own personal travels around the old western states has made me reach my conclusion.

Yours varies.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by samdaisi: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
Op nothing changes and nothing special in Akure,in fact I must confess to you that Ado Ekiti wears good look more than your Akure,I left ondo state past 11 years the first time I was going back for a program when we entered through Ondo township I could still recognise all their rotes same to Akure
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Brymo4all(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
I've been waiting for this thread.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Genset: 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nostradamus:
bros forget o.

The o.p just limited his pictures to oba adesida road.if he should show pics of some places in Akure,you go bow.

Like where??
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Genset: 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nostradamus:
bros forget o.

Like where??
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by mrkings84(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
So just one major road ad another street makes up Akure... Ok, next!
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
Flows001:
I am from North Central but I bet u haven't visited Enugu town... I regretted why I came from d northern part d first day I visited Enugu,I was speechless at d beauty of that city all through my stay.. Igbo people well done work abeg, despite d impact of d Civil war! I don't mind starting a family in Enugu ...life sweet in d state and d people sef no dey find trouble like diz hausa people wey come full North Central and dey look for religion crisis up and down...
Lol! You dis igboman, who are u deceiving??

A north central person would NEVER call himself north central cos they don’t identify wt dt term, they either say Benue, ilorin, kogi, plateau etc.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
Akure is quite beautiful.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Goalnaldo(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Op , I hope maynation entertained you cheesy.
The roads are neat and clean.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by medolab90(m): 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
hedonister:
I set out from Lagos to Akure, the capital of Ondo state in South West Nigeria to take a cursory look at this historic town.

Akure is one of the most well planned and beautiful cities in all of Nigeria. The city also boasts of good landscape.

WATCH THE VIDEO OF MY TRIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM5_voVjOeQ

Here are pictures i took from my trip.

What phone did you use in taking these shot?
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
medolab90:

Obviously he went prepared with a video camera.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
Is it the same Akure I know that was painted with Water color and looks more like a Glorified Village with Wells and pit toilets everywhere?!Tuah Ondo Godforsaken place,Hope say people still dey live there?!
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Offpoint: 11:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
johnpablo541:
I spent about three years in Akure. lived at Awule while our office was at Alagbaka.

It was a very pleasurable stay. They are very nice people. Even the police officers are very nice too.

Very low crime rate back then (dont know if it has changed). Most of the foreign contractors moved around without security guards even at night. I was shocked cos it never happens in warri or Port-harcourt city.

Mimiko was the governor back then.

The present governor bought us beer on two occasions. Back then he was not a governor just an aspirant and he lost to Mimiko.

Hung out at 17:59, sunview. Adesupa , then some places at Ijapo estate.

There is the place around National bank they sell amala and ewedu (never liked amala) i only went with because of the goat meat.

The Igbos dominate the trading around Old garage, arakale.

There is a street called Obo street.

Ate something called Asun for the first time at akure. It became my favorite.

They had nice markets. The governor renovated almost all the markets. There is a market you can drive in and be buying your stuffs while sited in your vehicle (forgotten the name).

NEPA market...

but the real name is NEIGHBORHOOD market, it's popularly known as NEPA market.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Nostradamus: 12:14am On Feb 07, 2020
Genset:

Like where??
ijapo
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Flows001(m): 2:42am On Feb 07, 2020
Stevecovey:

Lol! You dis igboman, who are u deceiving??

A north central person would NEVER call himself north central cos they don’t identify wt dt term, they either say Benue, ilorin, kogi, plateau etc.
I am no where connected neither do I av any Igbo friend, I jxt didn't want to sound disrespectful to my state that was why I used the term "North Central"... Let's appreciate good things at least for once in diz country, na still Naija d Enugu be
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by anonimi: 4:45am On Feb 07, 2020
SaintLucia:
Maybe under Ajimobi cos Ibadan is dirty now under Seyi Makinde.

You just open your mouth to say untruthful things to support your constipated authority who only knows how to demolish the personal business and buildings of entrepreneurs like Aiyefele.
Are you alright?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by cardoctor(m): 5:56am On Feb 07, 2020
Not bad
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by alexola20(m): 6:50am On Feb 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by hedonister: 8:06am On Feb 07, 2020
medolab90:

A Samsung Galaxy S8.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 07, 2020
Arrewa:
Kano state!

God bless Nigeria!!

We are getting there!!

Wow! Nice and lovely. Why did you not create a thread to share these beautiful pictures? Or have you done that already?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by whitedove(m): 9:03am On Feb 07, 2020
bukkielee:
ALL THESE LOW POPULATED STATES ARE EASIER TO DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN COMPARED TO THIS OVERHIPED LAGOS
overhipped indeed,pun intended... grin grin grin
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by vivalavida(m): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2020
truth be told. akure is quite mediocre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty / Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole / Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.