Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning (67207 Views)

Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate / Nigerians Narrate Their Ordeal At Ghana Airport Over COVID-19 Test: Video / Nigerian Illegal Immigrants Insisting On Trekking Into Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by deturla: 2:51am On Feb 04, 2020
Trojan8:
Trekked from Cele to Ijesha, got a bus to Aguda (had to abandon the bus halfway coz of traffic) and then trekked from Aguda to Eric Moore. Razz

Definitely can't do this for a month

Jeez.

You trekked from Aguda to Eric Moore? WTH!

I live in Ijesha and I know what that distance is!

Jesus! Sigh.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Ebenezar2020(m): 3:07am On Feb 04, 2020
ylaa:
I trekked from my house to Iyana Oworo, then I joined staff bus.
nsuto utom ke afo ase anam?
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Martinez39s(m): 3:16am On Feb 04, 2020
lavylilly:
A son took his old father to a restaurant for an evening dinner. Father being very old and weak, while eating, dropped food on his shirt and trousers. Others diners watched him in disgust while his son was calm.
After he finished eating, his son who was not at all embarrassed, quietly took him to the wash room, wiped the food particles, removed the stains, combed his hair and fitted his spectacles firmly. When they came out, the entire restaurant was watching them in dead silence, not able to grasp how someone could embarrass themselves publicly like that. The son settled the bill and started walking out with his father.

At that time, an old man amongst the diners called out to the son and asked him, “Don’t you think you have left something behind?”.
The son replied, “No sir, I haven’t”.

The old man retorted, “Yes, you have! You left a lesson for every son and hope for every father“.

LESSON: Do not neglect your parents because they do things old people do. The young shall grow, the grown ups would get old one day.
grin grin
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by baysol: 3:21am On Feb 04, 2020
Can't people by private motorbike to transport themselves. People should think out of the box.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by AreaFada2: 3:35am On Feb 04, 2020
payperpost:
my neighbour got a bicycle

Until they ban bicycle too. shocked shocked

Wait o, did they also ban personal use of motorbike?

If true that's rubbish. Even the richest countries allow use of motorbikes.

They can ban it being used for commercial use due to safety issues. But not for own use.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by deturla: 3:39am On Feb 04, 2020
Snixdave114:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2qP-Kxx3o

Let's continue our convo on Whatsapp.
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by pulsa(m): 3:44am On Feb 04, 2020
ovonramwen:
A colleague passed on today, bright young man in his early 20’s ... on saturday at work, he complained of body pain due to trekking since there is no bike nor keke on the island anymore.
Really saddening stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by sisisioge: 3:55am On Feb 04, 2020
PerfectMatchNG:
Narrate your trekking experience this morning

What a day .
Oshodi 500
Obalende 800

How much is my salary?
I went through hell this morning trying to get a bus to convey me to Eko Hotel from CMS. On a regular day, i take a bus for 100Naira or 150Naira but on getting to the bustop today, it was an eyesore and i eventually paid 500Naira to get to Eko Hotel. I honestly hope something is done soon to help the masses. A BRT Bus came and upon seeing the kind of crowd at the bustsop, he decided to help and asked us to come in. At the point of payment, the other oficials, said the ticket available was for 250Naira and people began to move backwards because we were already used to paying 100Naira.

He said he only had a ticket for Ajah and he was just going to follow Eko Hotel and drop us off. People couldn't pay and we watched an empty Bus leave the terminal.
Please help us provide BRT busses that will drop us off at Eko Hotel with a ticket we can afford..Help us please cause i'm not sure we can survive this.

Tankers have claimed so many lives in Lagos yet LASG hasn’t even bothered to enforce existing traffic laws that restrict their time of operation.

They had to make us start begging ba? May God punish all those who decided to stress us in this country!
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by sisisioge: 3:58am On Feb 04, 2020
baysol:
Can't people by private motorbike to transport themselves. People should think out of the box.

They were arresting even private power bikes of apparent 1200cc in my area last Saturday! Those things cost upward of 10m naira o. May God help us!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by codevep(m): 3:58am On Feb 04, 2020
i don't envy lagosians
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by friday2011(m): 4:02am On Feb 04, 2020
ignis:
Please make yourself clear.
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by EzeNdiAra: 4:20am On Feb 04, 2020
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by rummmy: 4:27am On Feb 04, 2020
LabDNA:
Lie mohammed will release a statement by next week and claik that 'Lagosians are now healthy because they trek to work, therefore APC is delivering 'chanji'.
Haha haha.. Healthy like this

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by dingbang(m): 5:02am On Feb 04, 2020
grin
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Btruth: 5:04am On Feb 04, 2020
yazga:
People are fucking walking!!!! Bus fares are hiked. Cabs cost over twice the former price. There is still major traffic. People are not safe. People are losing even more sleep. Not like you fucking care. It’s just a little discomfort to you.
As long as your cars are not scratched, you don’t care
what a country? What a state? What a leaders we have in Nigeria? Leaders without visions, leaders without planning.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 04, 2020
Una dey suffer for this una Lagos no be smalllll
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by greypencils: 5:19am On Feb 04, 2020
Trojan8:
Trekked from Cele to Ijesha, got a bus to Aguda (had to abandon the bus halfway coz of traffic) and then trekked from Aguda to Eric Moore. Razz

Definitely can't do this for a month
Jeez
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Sarang(f): 5:24am On Feb 04, 2020
Kasim02:
OPENINGS FOR CANADA, WORK PERMIT (SPONSORSHIP) VISA CONTACT �+08134186733☑2 years sponsorship work permit ☑45 to 60 days process time ☑LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) provided applicable after visa approval Step by step process for Canada sponsorship work visa are as follows ✔1.Offer letter ✔2.Employment contract ✔3.LMIA application form ✔4.Online visa approval ✔5.Visa stamping ✔6.Air-ticket For further information or details on Canada work permit process contact us on ☎ and Whatsapp +08134186733

Linus
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Luminee(f): 5:42am On Feb 04, 2020
Share your Videos on GiiVeo

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Luminee(f): 5:47am On Feb 04, 2020
Snixdave114:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2qP-Kxx3o

Share with others your Videos on GiiVeo

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 04, 2020
lavylilly:
A son took his old father to a restaurant for an evening dinner. Father being very old and weak, while eating, dropped food on his shirt and trousers. Others diners watched him in disgust while his son was calm.
After he finished eating, his son who was not at all embarrassed, quietly took him to the wash room, wiped the food particles, removed the stains, combed his hair and fitted his spectacles firmly. When they came out, the entire restaurant was watching them in dead silence, not able to grasp how someone could embarrass themselves publicly like that. The son settled the bill and started walking out with his father.

At that time, an old man amongst the diners called out to the son and asked him, “Don’t you think you have left something behind?”.
The son replied, “No sir, I haven’t”.

The old man retorted, “Yes, you have! You left a lesson for every son and hope for every father“.

LESSON: Do not neglect your parents because they do things old people do. The young shall grow, the grown ups would get old one day.

Nice one.
But what relationship does your story have with this discussion?
Who is Sanwo Olu and where are the masses in the story?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by anonimi: 6:07am On Feb 04, 2020
martowskin1:
Despite ur madness here so u don't have a car, even small Camry u no get and u dey worship buhari and APC ... Ur suffer just start

You sef, how can he buy car with the uselesss BMC slave wage of 30k?
Na who want dash am
The only thing dey dash them on top of the misserable pay is food.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6357739_img20171202120050_jpeg6ecfd3f82fd9c8a51481d8dcf4a16a70

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 04, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Good time for you guys to start buying bicycles. China did it

Ojo Madueke who was once a former minister of transportation to obj tried to introduce bicycle riding as an official mode of transportation to work for government workers, he even went as far as importing thousands of bicycles then.

Guess, he saw the future trekking of lagosians more than 20 years ago and wanted to prepare them for this day.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by miketayo(m): 6:12am On Feb 04, 2020
baysol:

Which box, ur bike has to be over 200cc that's at least 500k and above for situation that can change tomorrow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by anonimi: 6:21am On Feb 04, 2020
byrron:
Ojo Madueke who was once a former minister of transportation to obj tried to introduce bicycle riding as an official mode of transportation to work for government workers, he even went as far as importing thousands of bicycles then.

Guess, he saw the future trekking of lagosians more than 20 years ago and wanted to prepare them for this day.

He saw nothing but the millions/billions of loot from the scheme in his personal account.
Why do we allow ourselves to be deceived and manipulated so easily?
For how many days did he use the bicycle
That was how many were clapping and celebrating because Amaechi queued at the airport. How that translates into performance and delivery of his terms of reference for his ministerial job beats my imagination. The railway projects are all noise and pictures but zero movement, for example.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by MajorWarren: 6:27am On Feb 04, 2020
Lol I thought this was all banter! People are walking that long to work? Jisos
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Trojan8(m): 6:30am On Feb 04, 2020
deturla:

Jeez.

You trekked from Aguda to Eric Moore? WTH!

I live in Ijesha and I know what that distance is!

Jesus! Sigh.

greypencils:
Jeez

It's only Marwa and Okada that ply that route. In my mind it's better than trekking from Ojuelegba to Eric Moore via Ogunsanya
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by bangalee1(m): 6:30am On Feb 04, 2020
Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 04, 2020
anonimi:

He saw nothing but the millions/billions of loot from the scheme in his personal account.
Why do we allow ourselves to be deceived and manipulated so easily?
For how many days did he use the bicycle
That was how many were clapping and celebrating because Amaechi queued at the airport. How that translates into performance and delivery of his terms of reference for his ministerial job beats my imagination. The railway projects are all noise and pictures but zero movement, for example.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

So unfortunate you couldn't decipher the sarcasm on my comment.

I have come to the conclusion that the gullible and incredulous masses are the real problems of Nigeria since they are the one's that deliberately vote in their oppressors and sing their praises even when they know their antecedents only to rant and vent facelessly online but remain docile offline.

Good luck to the trekkers and Nigerians at large and as usual, no lessons will be learned which is why history keeps repeating itself in Nigeria again and again and again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by anonimi: 6:35am On Feb 04, 2020
byrron:
So unfortunate you couldn't decipher the sarcasm on my comment.

I have come to the conclusion that the gullible and incredulous masses are the real problems of Nigeria since they are the one's that deliberately vote in their oppressors and sing their praises even when they know their antecedents only to rant and vent facelessly online but remain docile offline.

Good luck to the trekkers and Nigerians at large and as usual, no lessons will be learned which is why history keeps repeating itself in Nigeria again and again and again.

Thanks for the response.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 04, 2020
anonimi:

Thanks for the response.
Cheers.

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Sokoto Road, Kaduna State. / New Drone That Allows Humans Fly Launched (Photos, Video) / The Truth About Living Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.