Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? (61849 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada, Keke Ban: MC Oluomo In Talks With Lagos Government / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
frowland:

It is always hard initially, but later everyone will adjust and solutions will pop out.

yeah, the government should bring more buses and speed up the rail transportation business and before you know we see Lagos looking like London.

4 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
emmadejust:
Transportation business will boom now in lagos

If you get money for account now go and buy Volkswagen transporter(danfo) put for road .

Lagos roads need more buses now ....

But be prepared for drivers story and police.

Mini bus is bae.

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
payperpost:

yeah, the government should bring more buses and speed up the rail transportation business and before you know we see Lagos looking like London.

Lagos can only look like Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Antony061(m): 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad the gov shud visit LASU/Ojo area. I wonder how peepz living around dat area cope.The pipu dat enta Lagos on top of trailer and cows don turn dat once manageable beautiful place to SUDAN IDP CAMP
thank GOD O!
i think say na only me dey notice am!
the way those pipl take dey troop in eh! me i still dey feel say they get plan!

4 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
internationalman:
Nigeria wants to be operating in western countries standard,.. We want to move the tenth step when we have not even moved the first...

Lagos of all places, keke and okada have been employing people more than all the Lagos state government in history have employed..

It was hell when Oshiomole did it in Benin talk less of Lagos

those people will do better in agriculture , the should go back to their state and start farming, its lucrative! they should stop endangering their life on Lagos highways.

the government should reintroduced the rural electrification project , bore holes in rural villages to make the villages attractive to young farmers and discourage rural- to -urban migration, as this will reduce employment in a way that will boost agriculture rather than having youth riding okadas.

6 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by GermanMelania: 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
internationalman:
Nigeria wants to be operating in western countries standard,.. We want to move the tenth step when we have not even moved the first...

Lagos of all places, keke and okada have been employing people more than all the Lagos state government in history have employed..

It was hell when Oshiomole did it in Benin talk less of Lagos

You hit the nail on the head. They should have have had BRT and the new buses run for free for a few weeks to lessen the impact. . I understand why lagos has to do what it did ehn but there needs an to be alternatives.
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Elipsis: 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
Holuwaxheun:

We are in the same shoes. I left home as early as 4:30am from Sango Ota for office (Oniru VI) this morning. After spending almost an hour at Obalende, I got a bus to Sandfil for N400 (on a norms, its N200), and had to trek to office. I got to office around 9:30am, but I can tell u, I am very tired from the road stress. Na just to get hot coffee baba wink
4:30am - 9:30am!

Wow!!

It is well with you guys.

6 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by zoghys: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
chigoizie7:
I do not know what the government want to achieve with this

The governor is a dumb ass, who just want to please his political goons. All will fizzle out in no time, mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Antony061:
thank GOD O!
i think say na only me dey notice am!
the way those pipl take dey troop in eh! me i still dey feel say they get plan!
i'll surely write LASG /min of Environment. Dat shanties must go

3 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by youngestuk(m): 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
Wait till next election and collect 1k Naira to vote.

3 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Olatunde1808(m): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Build Your Website from Scratch and Not WordPress today!

Build your easy to manage, tractable and long lasting website from scratch and not WordPress today!

contact us for ;
Blog website, Business website , Company website, Betting site, Real estate, E-commerce ( online store like Jumia or Jiji), etc. We deliver on the stipulated time frame.

All at budget friendly price.

Basic Benefits:

1.)Domain name.
2.)Unlimited Hosting (1year) with unlimited email and lot more.
3.) Free SSL.
4.) Free site maintenance (1 year).
5.) Built from scratch and not WordPress.
6.) Standard Admin panel with login access.

Available for both short and long term contract.
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by slowice(m): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Oluwa wetin dey sanwoluate.... Una go hear word.

I remember back then in pH when okada was banned... Omo we hear word by force before keke came to the rescue but lagos is way bigger than pH and so is the suffering and after effects
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Eezywayne: 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
OUR VISION: help 10,000 Nigerians become landlords by 2030
OUR
MISSION: Kill your house rent, and spare your landlord
OUR
SOLUTION: Land 48™ - own a land in 48 weeks
OUR
STRATEGY: Goal setting + Savings
OUR LOCATIONS: Ota, Ikorodu, Mowe/Ibafo, Ibeju-Lekki
OUR OFFER: Starting from 5k/week
Dare to join us and other landlords-in-progress on this journey of a lifetime!

https://www.ogalandlord.com.ng/
Send a DM or Call/WhatsApp: 08028518313, 09052535870 07031306757, 08154802848, 08072690607

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
Soon they will be banning screaming generators

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by internationalman(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
frowland:

It is always hard initially, but later everyone will adjust and solutions will pop out.
A lot of people still haven't adapted in Benin ..

Unless you meant kids adapting to hawking pure water and the rest when their mates are in school because of their father government made jobless
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Antony061(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
my brothers and sisters living in lagos we better get ready for the problem ahead!
very soon u'll all start hearing of daylight robbery and petty kidnapping!
kidnapping of 15000,20000
#EKO_TI_BAJE

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Gabbriell: 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
This kind of transition is never easy. The govt should try and add more roads and put in place mechanisms that will help free up traffic b/c that's the major reason why people prefer okada to bus
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Supernatural28(m): 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Chai this one N a compulsory punishment/excuse ooo. Many people leg go bend for this Lagos intimate trekking mission ☺

4 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Speedybiscuit: 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
BlueRayDick:
When Ambode was telling u that guy get case file for Gbagada General Hospital for Mental illness una talk say na propaganda. Athink una don see am so

We thought it was Propaganda oooo! Now we know better.
E no dey finish for mad man body make e no remain 'Kai'

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by AfroKnight: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
SEGLIZ:

a good number of those population are those leaving other states for Lagos without anything meaningful at heart only to end a rider.
the unemployed Lagos population are majorly migrants.

You cannot call them migrants if they are Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by 2kurupt(m): 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hustle o! Make your leg no turn RoboCop own

7 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Ishilove: 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
I got to work by 10.30am today after trekking more than I have ever trekked in all my adult life.

I am young and fit. What of the elderly, handicapped and pregnant women? Will they be able to trek the way I trekked? This move by the LASG is ill-advised and suspiciously hasty.
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad the gov shud visit LASU/Ojo area. I wonder how peepz living around dat area cope.The pipu dat enta Lagos on top of trailer and cows don turn dat once manageable beautiful place to SUDAN IDP CAMP

they hate school but they love doing business around school.
if book is haram, why doing business around boko?

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by AfroKnight: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
People going from Ikeja under bridge to GRA. Your leg is your strength o.

Ogba bus stop to Oke-ira, buy water and handkerchief.

Mende/Anthony people. I don’t know what to tell you people.

6 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by modish22: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
MaryDave Associates Limited, a real estate company was born out of necessity by a group of Real Estate Professionals to bridge the investment gap by helping Nigerians residing both in Nigeria and in Diaspora to actualise their property investment dreams with instalment payment arrangements and favourable payment conditions that suit individual needs. We exist to close the gap between you and the vast investment opportunities in Nigeria through Real Estate

We are recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: Experienced Female Receptionist/ Front Desk Officer

Job Description
An Experienced female receptionist/ front desk officer.
Must reside around (Ikeja, Ogba, Agege, Berger or its environs)

Application Closing Date
10th February, 2020.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: funmi@marydaveassociates.com
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
Elipsis:
4:30am - 9:30am!

Wow!!

It is well with you guys.

Amen Boss. Na so we see am o. The traffic would av been minimized had it there are functional and affordable alternatives. Its such a pity that such never exist for now.

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ishilove:
I got to work by 10.30am today after trekking more than I have ever trekked in all my adult life.

I am young and fit. What of the elderly, handicapped and pregnant women? Will they be able to trek the way I trekked? This move by the LASG is ill-advised and suspiciously hasty.
Sorry love! shocked
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by masterflowx(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
Here we go

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by idonhammer: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2020
So sweet.. your lips dey do me longer throat.

Nickymezor:
Hmmm, it ain't funny at all, did some ITREKKING earlier on.

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by idonhammer: 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
grin grin angry
masterflowx:

Here we go

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by frowland(m): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
internationalman:

A lot of people still haven't adapted in Benin ..

Unless you meant kids adapting to hawking pure water and the rest when their mates are in school because of their father government made jobless

Yes sure! ...due to our snail slow speed at capital and developmental projects.
The question is, should we continue with Okada??
Growing up, when I was in university in the 90s/00, to be honest there was no much of byke. People hardly use them and we all get to our destinations. I traveled home to Owerri and there was no bike and yet people were moving all over the place.
Look, the real idea behind this Okada is not because of accidents etc etc as claimed... it's due to the massive influx of foreigners (Nigerians, Chaddans, Cameroonians, and even frrom Mali.) They are all over the place and they move in in droves.
So you choose which side you belong to, the side of security and sanity or the side of insecurity and insanity.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Truck Loaded With Cattle to Enugu Somersaulted On Kano Flyover / The Beauty Of Lekki Toll Gate Lagos During Day And Night (pics) / Thousands Sign Petition To Stop Jeff Bezos From Returning To Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.