Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,167 members, 7,953,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? (61847 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada, Keke Ban: MC Oluomo In Talks With Lagos Government / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Ishilove: 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
eni4real:
Sorry love! shocked
Thanks dear. What is paining me is I am on malaria meds and trekking upandan like a refugee angry
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by 2kurupt(m): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Holuwaxheun:

We are in the same shoes. I left home as early as 4:30am from Sango Ota for office (Oniru VI) this morning. After spending almost an hour at Obalende, I got a bus to Sandfil for N400 (on a norms, its N200), and had to trek to office. I got to office around 9:30am, but I can tell u, I am very tired from the road stress. Na just to get hot coffee baba wink

Wait o! You left home 4:30 am and got to work by 9:30 am shocked undecided

How Una dey take enjoy dat Lagos sef?

4 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ishilove:

Thanks dear. What is paining me is I am on malaria meds and trekking upandan like a refugee angry
I hope the Government provide alternatives!!
And try to eat and rest too ,so that the meds will work fine!!
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by spiralwedge(m): 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos is saner. Next are the danfos.
The okada and danfo driver's should be wise to integrate into the new direction of the government.

Business can not always be as usual.

In 2020, people are rammed into danfo as if they are goats, and you people think that is normal?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
2kurupt:

Wait o! You left home 4:30 am and got to work by 9:30 am shocked undecided

How Una dey take enjoy dat Lagos sef?

Lagos is full of stress. The truth be told. On a normal day, a journey that is not meant to take u nothing more that 20mins will end as a 2 to 3 hours journey.
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by 2kurupt(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
Holuwaxheun:

Lagos is full of stress. The truth be told. On a normal day, a journey that is not meant to take u nothing more that 20mins will end as a 2 to 3 hours journey.

Damn, it's well bro
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by evanvick: 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
I ended up with a tore trouser trying to rush into a bus

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Ghost01(m): 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Holuwaxheun:

We are in the same shoes. I left home as early as 4:30am from Sango Ota for office (Oniru VI) this morning. After spending almost an hour at Obalende, I got a bus to Sandfil for N400 (on a norms, its N200), and had to trek to office. I got to office around 9:30am, but I can tell u, I am very tired from the road stress. Na just to get hot coffee baba wink
5 hours. That's how long it takes to travel from Zuba, FCT to Kano. Pele.

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by mmsen: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Why do they love taking photos of these politicians pointing?

As if this man does anything without Tinubu pushing his buttons...
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by perryy(m): 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
Next thing na bus.
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7NlXfTohk
After seeing this YouTube video, I had to rethink. Good thing the okada was banned but alongside keke was not too good an idea.

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by cbngov01(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Even Alimosho that was not banned, check out the swarm of police there and how deserted the place is
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by murmee: 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
chigoizie7:
I do not know what the government want to achieve with this
SANITY. Period!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by murmee: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
SEGLIZ:

a good number of those population are those leaving other states for Lagos without anything meaningful at heart only to end a rider.
the unemployed Lagos population are majorly migrants.
GBAM!
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by voltron14: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ishilove:

Trekking cures malaria.

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by victorjoe(m): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
marztar:
This guy and pointing sha.

Pointius Pilate..
Meanwhile..

Very simple solution. Cross the water na. Highest 30 mins. Haba
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by murmee: 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
frowland:

It is always hard initially, but later everyone will adjust and solutions will pop out.
Shebi that was how people were complaining when the Boarders were closed but Buhari and the Comptroller General of Customs stood their ground. Taking hard decisions that will benefit everybody on the long run is what Leadership is all about!

3 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by odigiri1983(m): 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
emmadejust:
Transportation business will boom now in lagos

If you get money for account now go and buy Volkswagen transporter(danfo) put for road .

Lagos roads need more buses now ....

But be prepared for drivers story and police.

More buses on which roads?

The transportation infrastructure is inadequate and many existing roads are largely in bad state.More buses are not needed.Government should build more infrastructure and expand existing roads before bringing more buses.

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by SEGLIZ: 1:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
AfroKnight:

You cannot call them migrants if they are Nigerians.

what do you then call them?

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Ishilove: 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
voltron14:

Trekking cures malaria.
Say what??!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Deoboss(m): 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
frowland:

Yes sure! due to our snail slow speed at capital and developmental projects.
The question is, should we continue with Okada??
Growing up, when I was in university in the 90s/00, to be honest there was no much of byke. People hardly use them and we all get to our destinations. I traveled home to Owerri and there was no bike and yet people were moving all over the place.
Look, the real idea behind this Okada is not because of accidents etc etc as claimed... it's due to the massive influx of foreigners (Nigerians, Chaddans, Cameroonians, and even frrom Mali.) They are all over the place and they move in in droves.
So you choose which side you belong to, the side of security and sanity or the side of insecurity and insanity.

Truth be told (you are on point). Yes I support this ban on Okada & Keke 100%.

We will live to regret this very very soon in the nearest future if the Lag govt don’t do this now.

Am looking for the write up research done by a foreigner from Europe that came to Lagos & gave his candid advice on this Okada/Keke means of transport which clearly showed the great security threats by most of the riders who are not all Nigerians.

It is true that it creates some level of employment but most of this category of riders don’t live in Lagos.

An alternative is available as Lag govt brought in smaller BRT buses, i grew up in Lagos & we went around effectively without Keke & Okada so why can’t we do same now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Deoboss(m): 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
SEGLIZ:

what do you then call them?

They are not all Nigerians. The foreigners amongst them are migrants

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by johneddy: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
Change is always inevitable

Shop, ship and relax with #Shoptomydoor. We give cheapest import/export solution for your business/personal needs . sign up on https://shoptomydoor.com/join/refer/F7583C
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by SEGLIZ: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Deoboss:

They are not all Nigerians. The foreigners amongst them are migrants

no argument.
what do you call the Nigerians among them?
that question needs an answer not argument.

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Deoboss:

Truth be told (you are on point). Yes I support this ban on Okada & Keke 100%.

We will live to regret this very very soon in the nearest future if the Lag govt don’t do this now.

Am looking for the write up research done by a foreigner from Europe that came to Lagos & gave his candid advice on this Okada/Keke means of transport which clearly showed the great security threats by most of the riders who are not all Nigerians.

It is true that it creates some level of employment but most of this category of riders don’t live in Lagos.

An alternative is available as Lag govt brought in smaller BRT buses, i grew up in Lagos & we went around effectively without Keke & Okada so why can’t we do same now

Very true sir, economic benefits of Okada and maruwa are minimal its just wasting of human resources imagine all those people owning a business enterprises do you know how many jobs they'll create. I left Lagos for Ekiti due to severe pollution. The only meaningful solutions is social security, good transportation system in our local communities and rural electrification.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by petitejolie(f): 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
My picture

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by maasoap(m): 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
PapaBaby:
When Ambode revealed Sanwo Olu's mental health issues people thought he was joking.

No sane living soul would rate Ambode above Sanwo Olu. Word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Truck Loaded With Cattle to Enugu Somersaulted On Kano Flyover / The Beauty Of Lekki Toll Gate Lagos During Day And Night (pics) / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.