Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? (61589 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada, Keke Ban: MC Oluomo In Talks With Lagos Government / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by maasoap(m): 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
sseunth:
You people are worried about trekking. Crime rate will increase, una go hear am

They should go and learn driving, simple. Motorcycles shouldn't have been a means of transport in Nigeria to begin with.

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Perfecttouchade: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
koffsman:
I will say this again this is a wrong g move by the government at this time when we have alot of road construction going on and bad roads, there is no alternative I left home before 6a.m I didn't get a bus untill 7:30 and u still had to trek a long distance in other to get the bus, now am the office, really tired and feeling sleepy
wos wobi u better find mat make u sleep, body no be firewood ..but make sure oga no dey office before u sleep sha...u can not come and kee yourself o

2 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Hotfella(m): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
No follow one way o make lastma no catch u. Road safety sef fit begin ask for the horse road worthiness certificate, license and registration. Finally remember to use seatbelt.

Ride Safe.

vizkiz:
I’m gonna take my horse to Opebi road.

I’m gonna...ride till I can’t no more! grin
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
evanvick:
I ended up with a tore trouser trying to rush into a bus
Eemo wolu shocked shocked shocked
Sorry bro!!
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by affton: 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Okada ban: More Buses will be Provided to Ease Transportation Plus New Routes and New fares says The Public Affairs Officer of the Lagos Bus Services Limited (LBSL), Mr. Afolabi Olawale, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Lagos
https://ianthon.com/okada-ban-more-buses-will-be-provided-to-ease-transportation-plus-new-routes-and-new-fares/
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
petitejolie:
My picture
You look fit!!!
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ishilove:

Thanks dear. What is paining me is I am on malaria meds and trekking upandan like a refugee angry

lols
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Tunagee(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
PapaBaby:
When Ambode revealed Sanwo Olu's mental health issues people thought he was joking.

Who told u this decision is from Sanwo Olu? Arebu not aware that Sanwo Olu is answerable to some other Oga at the top?
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by topcin: 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
Young6x1:
Otrek

i think this is a good time to launch O-fe (òfe).
Since GPS already knows ur location, just input ur destination.
lofe ba gbe e fo�‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
I thought he has stopped pointing
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by beautyhd: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
2kurupt:

Wait o! You left home 4:30 am and got to work by 9:30 am shocked undecided

How Una dey take enjoy dat Lagos sef?

What about leaving office by 5pm and getting home around 11pm. Suffering dey Lagos especially for people like us that live on the mainland and work on the island. Roads that are bad coupled with vehicles that are not road Worthy plus mad people driving.

God answer me let me leave this country.

3 Likes

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Mexyz(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
Talan20:
Do you love football? Visit my signature.
Guy drop your WhatsApp digits, we need to talk.
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by uuzba(m): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
maasoap:

They should go and learn driving, simple. Motorcycles shouldn't have been a means of transport in Nigeria to begin with.
Excellent commenting man.
London has underground trains since 1863. That's how it is a very popular city.
Transportation is very easy for even 1-legged, 1-hand, 1 eye, disabled people.
There are public buses and taxis. And car owners are charged a congestion fee for driving within the city.
Hence everyone tends to use trains.
When a city is a financial capital, the government has to set up reliable transportation that is punctual.
And a TOTAL COMPLETE elimination of traffic jams.

now,

WHICH ONE HAS LAGOS STATE DONE?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by sseunth(m): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

That is more of the reason Nigeria won't progress
the gov didn't give them alternative
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by panpan(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Malawian(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
This thing has multiplier effect. I just witnessed my neighbour here whose Indomie kiosk caters for us in this junction. 85% of her customers used to be the keke drivers who parked and loaded in this junction. I suppose her turnover will be affected by slow sales, which will also affect Indomie company down the line.

This is not really a good policy, but i accept they are just too numerous in Lagos and needs a bit of curtailing. No one bothers to learn trade anymore, as long as they can find where to do hire purchase for keke/Okada
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Bacteriologist(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
odigiri1983:

More buses on which roads?

The transportation infrastructure is inadequate and many existing roads are largely in bad state.More buses are not needed.Government should build more infrastructure and expand existing roads before bringing more buses.

Road expansion is a myth. It does not solve the problem of congestion. If anything at all, going by the stats it makes it worse.

Build more lanes and more drivers will come.

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Reference(m): 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
grin At least Lagosians will be too tired each day to reproduce like hampsters.... and in a generation or two the population will once again become sustainable. When whites prosper their populations shrink. When blacks prosper their populatuons soar.

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by dimmikel: 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
We build ice block machines, coldroom, chiller box and installation of AC. You can call us on 08101091803

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Farki: 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
Throughout Lagos Island there was traffic, shops were scanty, everyone without a car had to walk everywhere, people were fighting for space on the small buses that remained and the larger danfos took advantage of the situation to hike prices. After witnessing the chaos on the roads which required police and military personnel rushing left and right and the lack of alternatives I can boldly say that the Lagos government is a heartless government that didn't think this through and has achieved nothing.
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by kunleweb: 4:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
Farki:
Throughout Lagos Island there was traffic, shops were scanty, everyone without a car had to walk everywhere, people were fighting for space on the small buses that remained and the larger danfos took advantage of the situation to hike prices. After witnessing the chaos on the roads which required police and military personnel rushing left and right and the lack of alternatives I can boldly say that the Lagos government is a heartless government that didn't think this through and has achieved nothing.

I agree 100%
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by richardo20: 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
On last Saturday I treck from costain in to Aguda, my body tell me, I can’t go to work dis morning, if they like ,make den sack me, na gun we go carry last last.. wetin consigne me, Die na once
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Westernlove: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
Nsiehi:
How do you expect people who are trekking and sweating profusely this morning to reply you. Anyway, I am out there selling bathroom slippers, handkerchief, hand fan and 'pure water'. Business is really booming, all thanks to LASG.

Lol correct real business man, Millions must be made..

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Westernlove: 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
beautyhd:

What about leaving office by 5pm and getting home around 11pm. Suffering dey Lagos especially for people like us that live on the mainland and work on the island. Roads that are bad coupled with vehicles that are not road Worthy plus mad people driving.

God answer me let me leave this country.

You couldn't have said It any better but what baffles me most Is Some of you people would still get home and have the strength to Impregnate your Wives, Perhaps 3rd or 4th baby. Black people and repro creating, Even China and India are regretting and they have already taken a drastic steps to Curb the menace. Meanwhile their Economy can never be Compared to Nigeria's economy. They are light years Ahead...

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by frog12: 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
we should just have lagos permit for people that want to come lagos. like hongkong did to china before
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by NoizyCarlzy(m): 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kingdollar28:
wink

Keke still dy roll well here 4 Awka cool

Mad ooh
Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by simplyshade: 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
Torn not tore cool
evanvick:
I ended up with a tore trouser trying to rush into a bus

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Honeydenz(f): 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
everyone is shouting sanwo olu, it's just funny to me. You should be shouting tinubu, your governor is bola tinubu. tinubu is the man that is telling olu what to do.

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Honeydenz(f): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
Come to think of it, Must everybody stay in Lagos? Don't they have a village where they come from, Lagos is over populated. Every living soul wants to come to Lagos as if there's money tree there. Practically suffering and smiling in the name of being called a lagosian.

Alot of farmers in the village are far better than some Lagos-based men and women, realistically!!!

1 Like

Re: Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
richardo20:
On last Saturday I treck from costain in to Aguda, my body tell me, I can’t go to work dis morning, if they like ,make den sack me, na gun we go carry last last.. wetin consigne me, Die na once
grin grin grin grin grin

Trek away your sorrow!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Lekki Toll Gate Lagos During Day And Night (pics) / Lagos Plane Crash: Names Of Victims / Fulani Man Helps A Stranded Lady & Her Friends In Jos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.