Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,989 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? (1506 Views)

Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by DenreleDave(m): 11:07am On Feb 03, 2020
Sometimes I don't know who to blame, maybe the irresponsible guy or the senseless lady that allowed an irresponsible guy give her belle. Well, the deed has been done and no interest in their mistakes or whatsoever.. Met so many single ladies struggling with taking care of their kids, some are desperate to hold onto a man to help her out. I feel so sorry for them so much.
How does a man feel when he knows he has a son or daughter out there and he cares less abt it. Which kind heart dt kind man get to ignore his product like a dustbin?
Gat few single mom and mehnnn, it's too much for them to bear honestly. One was even crying Cox her daughter can't go to school Cox they sent her back n d daughter was just crying, poor girl. The lady had to promise her happy hour n snacks later b4 d kid went to sleep. Mehn, as I was talking to her, she was just crying n yet she is denying dt she isn't crying.
The stupid man is probably somewhere enjoying his life while his kid is suffering, chai.. Some men are not worth it truly.

From experience, I know some single mothers too are manipulative and self centered but I don't really blame them, I just blame the guy who put them into this kind of mess.. It's not easy for one to shoulder the responsibilities of two but i Blive the good one exist, itz just d situation dey met themselves caused all these.

Is there solution to this kind of problems or is that how it will continue to happen and happen over and over again??

My question : how do these guys live without no conscience hurting them at all??

Cc: Iyatola and any other that wants to contribute are welcome
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 03, 2020
I'll answer your question only. We live without a conscience because we left it with the lady.
In fact we don't even believe we have a child outside sef. We only know as a matter of statistics.
Looking at the way you wrote I hope you don't end up as a single mother too. For you are biased in your assumptions and I won't waste time correcting you. You saw one crying and you quickly assumed the guy was a beast. What if she was the architect of the whole thing? I know a guy who has tried all his best to be with his kid for over 10 years yet the lady insults him at every opportunity. Still thinking the guy is struggling not knowing he has made it. I mean totally made it. The last time he tried speaking to the lady she Don dey do Olosho. Wetin the guy dey find again.
I replied you since you have concluded we have no heart.
Single fathers here, I feel your pain. But it seems our deception works. They think we feel nothing. Let's keep on.

8 Likes

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Foodqueen(f): 11:31am On Feb 03, 2020
Is iyatola a single mother?
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by DenreleDave(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2020
Shibaraba:
I'll answer your question only. We live without a conscience because we left it with the lady.
In fact we don't even believe we have a child outside sef. We only know as a matter of statistics.
Looking at the way you wrote I hope you don't end up as a single mother too. For you are biased in your assumptions and I won't waste time correcting you. You saw one crying and you quickly assumed the guy was a beast. What if she was the architect of the whole thing? I know a guy who has tried all his best to be with his kid for over 10 years yet the lady insults him at every opportunity. Still thinking the guy is struggling not knowing he has made it. I mean totally made it. The last time he tried speaking to the lady she Don dey do Olosho. Wetin the guy dey find again.
I replied you since you have concluded we have no heart.
Single fathers here, I feel your pain. But it seems our deception works. They think we feel nothing. Let's keep on.

Lemme send some chat with the single mother... Mehn she started insulting me ooo
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by crackkhaus: 11:57am On Feb 03, 2020
So the only single mothers you know are suffering and struggling to take care of their kid(s)?

5 Likes

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by DenreleDave(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
crackkhaus:
So the only single mothers you know are suffering and struggling to take care of their kid(s)?

Talk sense abeg
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by crackkhaus: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
DenreleDave:

Talk sense abeg
Yes or No, genius.

5 Likes

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
DenreleDave:
Sometimes I don't know who to blame, maybe the irresponsible guy or the senseless lady that allowed an irresponsible guy give her belle. Well, the deed has been done and no interest in their mistakes or whatsoever.. Met so many single ladies struggling with taking care of their kids, some are desperate to hold onto a man to help her out. I feel so sorry for them so much.
How does a man feel when he knows he has a son or daughter out there and he cares less abt it. Which kind heart dt kind man get to ignore his product like a dustbin?
Gat few single mom and mehnnn, it's too much for them to bear honestly. One was even crying Cox her daughter can't go to school Cox they sent her back n d daughter was just crying, poor girl. The lady had to promise her happy hour n snacks later b4 d kid went to sleep. Mehn, as I was talking to her, she was just crying n yet she is denying dt she isn't crying.
The stupid man is probably somewhere enjoying his life while his kid is suffering, chai.. Some men are not worth it truly.

From experience, I know some single mothers too are manipulative and self centered but I don't really blame them, I just blame the guy who put them into this kind of mess.. It's not easy for one to shoulder the responsibilities of two but i Blive the good one exist, itz just d situation dey met themselves caused all these.

Is there solution to this kind of problems or is that how it will continue to happen and happen over and over again??

My question : how do these guys live without no conscience hurting them at all??

How do you conclude that the Babypapa is stupid?

One truth we must appreciate is that every human must bear consequences of their action; this include single mothers.

Except for those that became single mothers due to reasons beyond their control (widows and rape victims), others should bear consequences of their decision.

There is no need to cry over it. There is no need for blame game! Any female that decides to open her leg for any man that she willingly choose (irrespective of the circumstances) must be ready to bear the resultant consequence.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by cooooooks(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Families help. The single mom has a family, relatives, etc.

Also, I think she could sue the man, even in Nigeria. I'm not sure how it works and she'll need to get a lawyer.

2 Likes

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Some of us are doing great. My ex is responsible for the financial needs of our kids. I just don't like the fact that he doesn't spend time with them as he should even though we live in the same city. I feel bad for my kids but what can I do? I do my best to make them happy, they are doing great.

Also, God blessed me with a supportive family too, my parents and siblings are amazing.

Generally, life is good.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by gnykelly(m): 9:48am On Feb 05, 2020
Foodqueen:
Is iyatola a single mother?

sorry for the late reply...after a fair research the scientific community has confirmed her to be a single mom
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Foodqueen(f): 11:24am On Feb 05, 2020
gnykelly:

sorry for the late reply...after a fair research the scientific community has confirmed her to be a single mom

Really
Av you been to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5659075/want-settle-down-year-good/1#86305565
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by realtalk19: 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

How do you conclude that the Babypapa is stupid?

One truth we must appreciate is that every human must bear consequences of their action; this include single mothers.

Except for those that became single mothers due to reasons beyond their control (widows and rape victims), others should bear consequences of their decision.
Hi
There is no need to cry over it. There is no need for blame game! Any female that decides to open her leg for any man that she willingly choose (irrespective of the circumstances) must be ready to bear the resultant consequence.

Including a domestic violence victim( wife) abi?

3 Likes

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by bukatyne(f): 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
I don't like the hype about single motherhood (and fatherhood).

Let us instead encourage youths to abstain from sex/sleep with people they can marry. We should also encourage them to marry responsible people so they do not have broken homes in future.

As for rape victims and widows, we can work towards their comfort.
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by bukatyne(f): 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
realtalk19:

Was it not her choice to marry the husband who started abusing her domestically?

I am not blaming now.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by cococandy(f): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
Well I don’t know how exactly this thread hopes to help or encourage any single parent. Starts with belittling comments and gross generalizations.
Contributions are judgmental and self righteous. No single mother who cares about herself or her children will come to this thread to tell you how she’s coping.
Not when there’s nothing remotely supportive about anything posted here.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Omar09(m): 8:47am On Feb 06, 2020
DenreleDave:

Ever asked yourself if those guys wanted to have a baby?
I blame the girl for not withdrawing sex when the man refused to wear protection.
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by DenreleDave(m): 8:50am On Feb 06, 2020
Omar09:

Ever asked yourself if those guys wanted to have a baby?
I blame the girl for not withdrawing sex when the man refused to wear protection.

U too don change to female abi
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Omar09(m): 8:51am On Feb 06, 2020
realtalk19:

It was her choice. Or did anyone choose him for her. It's ones choice to remain in an abusive relationship and bear the consequences, and also ones choice to leave and also bear the consequences that comes with. No two ways about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Omar09(m): 9:06am On Feb 06, 2020
DenreleDave:

U too don change to female abi

Yeah.
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by chijokz(m): 5:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
SBL28:
Some of us are doing great. My ex is responsible for the financial needs of our kids. I just don't like the fact that he doesn't spend time with them as he should even though we live in the same city. I feel bad for my kids but what can I do? I do my best to make them happy, they are doing great.

Also, God blessed me with a supportive family too, my parents and siblings are amazing.

Generally, life is good.
I really applaud single mothers like you. Stay strong and your kids happiness and welfare are paramount.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Misscongenialit: 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Not all single mothers are baby mamas, for me I was married and separated and now a single mom of 2.
I have a very good job and take care of my kids .

My ex was addicted to call girls and I became abandoned even swx starved for more than a year. Imagine being married and lonely

Letting go was the best decision and God has been faithful. I take my kids when I travel on official duty and have no regrets

2 Likes

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by mcdokwe(m): 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
I think this rubbish has been over flogged.

Stop insulting the sensibilities of the so called single moms thinking you're giving them moral support.

I stand as one of those you might call irresponsible to refute your claim and hopefully perpetually shut your mouth and those of your ilks on this issue.

How many of those single mothers have made effort to bring the kids fathers into their lives before you blame the men?

It is quite a given that some men may not care how their kids cope or even care that they exist, but there are painful exceptions of which it hurts to admit I am one.

I am always moved to provide every time a kid cries beside me for want no matter how little, some of which their parents can afford but choose to turn a blind out to, and it hurts me, it hurts me because my daughter doesn't even know I exist, and I am convinced her mum, no matter how strong and capable she is, may not be able to give her all that I can give her or all that she needs.

Have I made conscious effort to be part of her life? As much as I can, but I am always met with a brick wall. She has made her choices and ultimately chosen for the baby.
In the eyes of the world, I am an irresponsible father, but no one know how much pain I have had to bear not giving my daughter the much love I had from my own dad.

Co-parenting is a word lost to most of us in this part of the world, we think that as much as we're not involved with our partners, we don't have any business being partners in the affairs of our kids.
Most single mums have used their kids as bargaining chips and when that bargain fails, tend to hold on and soldier on all by themselves.

I have had my days trying and crying for my seeming irresponsibility, I am only now hoping everything pans out well for my daughter and her mum, and also willing to step in to help given the shortest notice, and hoping that history remains fair to me concerning my role in her life.

To single mums,

You don't always have to prove a point, it is permissible to be seen to be weak, try and involve him in the affairs of your kids, it doesn't always have to be about you. You might have made all the mistakes you made in your life, but having that child is not one of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
chijokz:

I really applaud single mothers like you. Stay strong and your kids happiness and welfare are paramount.

Thank you.
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by ogawisdom(m): 8:28am On Feb 07, 2020
Most single moms are the easiest lay aka olosho in town. They are sooo easy to nack, why is it so angry
Easiest meat ever

Back to topic
Most single moms fight the man off when they want to support their kids bc they are bitter u didn't marry them and wants sole ownership of the kid. Don't blame the men most times it's not their fault

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by partnerbizn3(f): 9:28am On Feb 07, 2020
interesting.
life isnt easy shaa. I pity them too
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by waley007(m): 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
My own woman left with our baby exactly 35 days after birth, she label me a bad person amongst her family even though I know I made a mistake of wanting to marry from a bad family already , we already did intro and all ... Her mom asked her to leave and she even promised not to let me be involved in our son's life
After so many efforts , I even had to go pray several places and I'm asked to let go of I want to live long
I read in one of her conversations on Whatsapp with her bestie saying she doesn't want to get married , that all she needs is to be successful , if she knows that , why then did she let me go ahead with the intro
She insults my parent and family , doesn't respect me and has never said sorry to me before
I love my son, I want to be a part of his life , such a handsome child and her mom won't allow me , she just even wouldn't let go of her ex and always comparing me to him
Now are you going to blame single father's ?
Re: Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? by Shallypop(f): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
We have married single mothers too. If u are a married woman and you Carter for 80% of d bills, you are also a single mother.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? / Is This Normal For Bachelor To Burn 12kg Gas Less Than 2 Months / Your Partner's Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.