Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? (41663 Views)

Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by NigeriaEngineer(m): 8:01am On Feb 04, 2020
Oga stop asking about grades in school...even Ph.D holder are driving Dangote truck. Just have sometbing to offer the labour market and trust God for favour.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by solmus: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2020
its not bad, but you need to work on yourself, professional certification, masters and registration with the association or national body of your career, with all this you may even beat a first class graduate to the job

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by DenreleDave(m): 8:03am On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:
Good evening my good people. Our result just came out today and my worst imagination has happened. I saw my name in 2:2 division, what I have always tried to avoid since my year 1. I know it's my project supervisor that fvcked me up cause he has been hostile to me for no reason. I feel really bad, but that did has been done.

So, I just want to know how bad is 2:2 in Nigerian market? Is it something to count on or should I just move on like I never went to the university??

I need answers please!!

Oya make I pitch my tent..

Expect these following comments

School na scam

Travel abroad

Dump ur certificate

Go to the street and hustle

U can get a good job than even first class

Go do masters and get a first class

U r a fool, what were you doing when ur mates were burning candle, were you burning lighter?

Collect jamb form, e still dey

Oya nairalander, make una no fail me oo

10 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by boiz2men(m): 8:03am On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:
Good evening my good people. Our result just came out today and my worst imagination has happened. I saw my name in 2:2 division, what I have always tried to avoid since my year 1. I know it's my project supervisor that fvcked me up cause he has been hostile to me for no reason. I feel really bad, but that did has been done.

So, I just want to know how bad is 2:2 in Nigerian market? Is it something to count on or should I just move on like I never went to the university??

I need answers please!!
'

i dont think your project supervisor was the problem.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by id4sho(m): 8:03am On Feb 04, 2020
Academic Excellence is over rated. Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by RusselChu: 8:03am On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
post=86360447:
This is one one of the BS we need to change in our nation.

Saner climes don't do this, they give the job to the most qualified.

In Nigeria, in some cases, some people get 1st class or Second class upper due to 'sorting' and corrupt ways of lecturers.

How many make we talk now, it is during interviews you will see some first class graduate 'eleya' (embarrassment!)

#RESPECT to those of us who genuinely got our First Class and 2.1 due to hard work, many nights of candle burning and sleepless nights of reading.
It will end in praise
[/s]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by mokt(m): 8:03am On Feb 04, 2020
I think it depends on what organization you wanna work. Buy you will definitely do just fine. What you should worry about is how to get your Masters abroad with 2:2 which still depends on your CGPA. Labour Market na luck, grace or maad connects. Believe me, 2:1 or 2:2 wont matter.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 04, 2020
You would not be able to apply for most graduate trainee jobs of banks like access, fbn, gtb, stanbic etc. Where u could be on over 200 k entry salary. But they may consider you for bank teller, marketer, staff at igando branch etc. You will also not be able to apply for shell chevron and co. To audit firms like KPMG, delliote, pwc, EY. But baba silifa and co audit firm may take you. Guiness, nba and other will likely take you as contract staff not full staff. My advice to you is to learn ICT and have a long term plan. It will not be a smooth easy ride .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Hollywood777: 8:04am On Feb 04, 2020
Everything is Grace.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Risingblue008(m): 8:04am On Feb 04, 2020
So u depend on ur certificate (b.sc),sorry ooo,do u knw d numbers of graduates Nigeria produce in a year?its millions ooo,so u dey just come out yesterday dey cry say ur result bad,see I graduated since 2009, economics ,bt I don forget say I go skool,if no b my handwork, I for don die since,so never depend on ur certificate cos if u do,na O-LEVEL go employ u.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:

I need answers please!!

My brother! my brother!! my brother!!! How many times did I call you?

Paper qualification is almost useless irrespective of your grade in the market. What is of utmost importance is the skills you posess. Go get a computer and start developing yourself on some I.T skills. Their is no Job out here. Many first class and 2:1 graduates sell in Supermarkets.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Olalekank(m): 8:06am On Feb 04, 2020
Do not beat yourself too much
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by tempex88(m): 8:07am On Feb 04, 2020
Very very very bad
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by PS4shoprite: 8:07am On Feb 04, 2020
Cc: stillmaticOG
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by valboyz2010(m): 8:08am On Feb 04, 2020
BAE just learn work or do better bussiness. To they ans person sir and ma everyday with change make them they pay. Who those that?
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by iHart(m): 8:08am On Feb 04, 2020
hidhrhis:
I finished with 2nd class lower 3.44 about to go for service 2020 batch b but I don't give a Bleep cos I've ventured into different business cos labour market sucks.
First class: they will tell u they can't pay you or the boss could deny u a job cos he finished with 3rd class
2nd class upper: they will tell u no vacancy or they employ 1 outta 100 2:1
2:2 they will tell u are low for their standard that they only want to employ First Class or 2:1
The process sucks as it mean I was given my school fees from primary school I swear I will be competing with adenuga or otedola by now but people believe education is the best legacy I also believe so but not in Nigeria
If you are given your school fees from primary school you will be competing with local farm labourers. Without primary school, you won't be able to read and write.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by LordShiva97(m): 8:09am On Feb 04, 2020
biafraisdead:

Can u be sincere with this question? Were u fornicating in school? Be sincere, I asked this for a reason.
grin
biafraisdead:

Can u be sincere with this question? Were u fornicating in school? Be sincere, I asked this for a reason.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by pbidex(m): 8:09am On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:

I need answers please!!

Forget what you finished with. Be productive and dream big. I finished with 2:1 and my boss in the National Assembly does not even have a degree. I’m under payed. Once I get paid by NASS commission; I transfer the good take home to him and he pays me from his pocket. (He’s a poor bitch). I do other things as a family man and think big. His kids are not in the country. They only share money here instead of checkmating things and don’t give a shit about anyone.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2020
post=86360447:
This is one one of the BS we need to change in our nation.

Saner climes don't do this, they give the job to the most qualified.

In Nigeria, in some cases, some people get 1st class or Second class upper due to 'sorting' and corrupt ways of lecturers.

How many make we talk now, it is during interviews you will see some first class graduate 'eleya' (embarrassment!)

#RESPECT to those of us who genuinely got our First Class and 2.1 due to hard work, many nights of candle burning and sleepless nights of reading.
It will end in praise
had 2.1 but na suya u dey roast. Oga stop telling lies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:

I need answers please!!

Honestly, In Nigeria, it's pointless wether you have first class, countless certificates etc as long as you don't know any oga or politician. But you can have pass & still work in CBN, NPA or all the big organisation if you know one politician or top government officials.

Forget all these shyt about getting extra certs, it's a waste of time if you don't know anybody. Just learn a skill you can use, concentrate on it, You can apply for jobs, but don't put ur hopes on it sha. Currently, Nigeria belongs to the political elites & their relatives. And maybe if God favors you, you might be lucky to get a job no matter d class of ur degree
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Kingrefreshed: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:

I need answers please!!

I myself with this account have 2.2 not even from a university but from a polytechnic.

I have a wife. A son. Ive bought my own lands worth millions of naira.

I have a car and on 14th this month I'll be giving my wife hers even though she's a stubborn woman.

My mum made me see those credentials as PAPER CERTIFICATE.

ONLY GOD AND YOUR TRUE HUSTLE...... CERTIFIES YOU.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Samdo38: 8:10am On Feb 04, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

Hii there. Please i would like to delve into some businesses too. Can you kindly advice me on some viable business?
. Pm me let talk about Bizs
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by DenreleDave(m): 8:10am On Feb 04, 2020
Shibaraba:
2.2 na mad grade. In the sense that you wey you nearly read die plus person wey just dey play upandan. Dey the same grade. 3.49 and 2.51 all na the same 2.2.

Op be of good cheer. If I had known I wouldn't have wasted my time reading like a mad man. Upon my first class I no dey use am. As I find work e no come, I enter street. And the street bowed to my will.

I will rather believe that Islam is a religion of peace or Jesus is a Muslim than to believe that You, Shibaraba made first class or even 2nd class upper 2.1

Never

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Fisher007: 8:10am On Feb 04, 2020
Trust me in it doesn't matter in this part of the world.

Nigeria is by link and connection. The sad reality. Even person with 3rd class dey get great job before Distinction / First Class.

Person with.international degree with.both foreign and local work experience ( in addition speaks foriegn language ) still no.get job but.someone with no work experience and pass certificate dey get job based on.favour and connection.

Trust me.if you want to.go.down that.part.you are thinking and heading, .depression will fvck you up, especially in the.current situation of this country.

So ignore all.the degree class and try to.get a.stable job or start entrepreneur (still scam)part but might work for you. Simple
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by petuniaevents(f): 8:10am On Feb 04, 2020
With a 2:2 degree you have to add some other skills to it. Ask yourself what you have passion for ? So That when you are not even making money from it at the initial stage you will still be happy doing it. It could be creative, it could be production, it could be in service delivery. Do yourself a favour, don't waste time worrying about the degree that stage is over thank God for seeing you through and let him take you to the next stage with you believing in yourself and what you are capable of achieving.

Have an event or wedding coming up? Send us a dm.
*Decoration
*Catering.
*planning and guest list management.
Rentals (chairs.tables.tents.marquees.mist fans.tableclothes. chaircovers. Tie backs. Lounges. Cocktail tables etc )

Call us on 07065574265 / 08136241570
For more perusal, check our IG @petuniaevents
Oya☎☎☎ or ��� we are ready.....
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by iHart(m): 8:11am On Feb 04, 2020
mokt:
I think it depends on what organization you wanna work. Buy you will definitely do just fine. What you should worry about is how to get your Masters abroad with 2:2 which still depends on your CGPA. Labour Market na luck, grace or maad connects. Believe me, 2:1 or 2:2 wont matter.
With abroad masters, you will still come home and drag jobs with BSc holders.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by adecz: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2020
1st Class or 3rd doesn't mean
much in Nigeria labor market ..

Just pray & beg God for His Favor &
unimaginable opportunities will
open for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by SKINDOGGY: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2020
Today is my birthday guys happy born day to me cheesy kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by larryking540: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2020
For which department
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2020
DenreleDave:

I will rather believe that Islam is a religion of peace or Jesus is a Muslim than to believe that You, Shibaraba made first class or even 2nd class upper 2.1

Never
You need to see how I'm smiling. It's a forum. Take everything you read with a pinch of salt.

It's also possible for a dullard like me to get a first class if it's a la cram la pour school. Especially if you answer in codes
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by maasoap(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:

I need answers please!!

Connection is all what you need.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by ablemachine(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2020
As you undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Of The Best Secondary Schools In Abuja / The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) / Femi Otedola Gifts All 750 Students Of Augustine University N1 Million Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.