Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? (41675 Views)

Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by antiApc(m): 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2020
tiwiex:

Your life will be dependent on your skill sets and imagination. Which labour market? What are you offering the market? If u have a skill then you sef can be an employer of labour. First class sef dey find job. Jobs are so scarce they are not on merit like you define merit. It has changed. Good luck in acquiring a skill. Even wood working is a skill. We call it carpenter and belittled it.

Hello sir.... I'm also a fresh graduate.....i really do love wood working/furniture work but I don't know how to go about it
Can u plz give me clues about the skill?? Biko
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by JTCHI: 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2020
Where is your location??
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
mistijude:
I graduated with second class lower too,ten years ago. I was able to show my skills and prove my worth to my prospective employers then, I was retained in my NYSC PPA, I rejected it. I was giving appointment by one private college education, which I also rejected due to the condition of service. I am now a full time businessman with great fortune by God's grace.So my brother, there's deposit of ideas in us,if we can think and didn't allow circumstances to define us
I need business idea Sir... Which profitable business can I venture into?
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2020
Kingrexyl:
Even me my 2.1 cert is just useless because I threw the certificate under my bed, I will advice you to do the same and hustle, learn a skill just learn anything, with what I'm doing I earn $100 plus daily trading and am not talking about my other streams of incomes, the truth is that even if am working in a good firm I can never make what am earning right now, I'm fully independent and I've employed 5 people so far and I plan on employing more if my business expands, so I'm telling you to never rely on that cert, go and hustle.
I need business idea Sir... Which profitable skills or business can I venture into?
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by OluwasureGig: 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2020
Kingrexyl:
Even me my 2.1 cert is just useless because I threw the certificate under my bed, I will advice you to do the same and hustle, learn a skill just learn anything, with what I'm doing I earn $100 plus daily trading and am not talking about my other streams of incomes, the truth is that even if am working in a good firm I can never make what am earning right now, I'm fully independent and I've employed 5 people so far and I plan on employing more if my business expands, so I'm telling you to never rely on that cert, go and hustle.
I would be glad if you can help me earn $100 plus daily too sir
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Kingrexyl(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
medolab90:

What skills do you suggest one learns?
There are alot but the one am doing now is trading, if you want to learn no problem, check my profile to see proof of screenshots I posted or you can DM me, but note that you use money to make money.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Kingrexyl(m): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2020
OluwasureGig:

I would be glad if you can help me earn $100 plus daily too sir
gentle70:

I need business idea Sir... Which profitable skills or business can I venture into?
There are alot but the one am doing now is trading, if you want to learn no problem, check my profile to see proof of screenshots I posted or you can DM me, but note that you use money to make money.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
kurupt09:

My Dear It simply shows that you are an average student .
And mind you you can always back your 2.2 up with so many certifications as much as you can lay your hands on as well as a Master in any degree of your choice .

Let me give a little story about myself .
During my school days i tried as much as not to come out with a 2.2 only for my H.O.D to give me my first and only F i had all through my years in the Institution.
I had to walk up to him to ask why, only for him to say i had a clean shit and needed to dent my results . Finally i finished had a 3.48
I knew how i cried when i left that office but a little thought came to me like a voice saying "its also your fault cause you didn't put in more effort and started flexing at a point in your life in school" so i smiled and swore never to be poor in my life since education has failed me .
After my service years i had to drop my degree and hustle like a jss3 drop out.( Yes JSS3 drop out ) and not allowning my degree define my life.
Now i own a company with employees of a mininium of 2.1 .
The first class are like sand in my company and you need to see how i make them tremble when i enter the office even with their degree and knowing they are older than i am cause they know they have no choice due to the job security in our society.

Note: i was never from a wealthy / Rich home but i had a vision and knew where im heading to.

So my beloved i can't even tell where my degree is now meanwhile , i have travelled to places where my best graduating student of my set in my institution could ever think of travelling to.

My dear hustle like a drop out and always put your hustle in prayers.
Allow the Supreme being perform his perfection in your life but don't relax like those with good grades .
Thanks
I don't mind as I'll be glad to work in your reputable organisation Sir while assuring you of my best of all times. I possess Bachelor's Degree, 2.1.

I've written 4 Academic Research Papers that has been Vetted, Accepting & awaiting publication in reputable Local and International Journals. My Academic researches are aimed at identifying challenges and proffering solutions through necessary recommendations. I won't mind sending you a mail if given the permission. I'm based in Lagos. Thank you Sir!
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by mokt(m): 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2020
iHart:
it will still not be. Because, hardly will you see a job offer requesting a minimum qualification of Masters. It is usually BSc.

With Masters or Professional qualifications ADDED ADVANTAGE. Infact, in some cases compulsory. Yes or No?
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by NigeriaEngineer(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
you well so?
� you have limited knowledge in this subject matter.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by isayahaya(m): 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2020
Whether 1st class o, 2.1 o, 2.2 o, or 3rd class, pass or even certificate of attendance as it is in 9ja 2day bro still need connection for real~

No connection no nothing. Just educated poor man. Although you may be Lucky at times. But 9ja 2day is obviously on who you know even with your 1st class.

The best thing is to start up a business and keep yourself busy while you keep trying to secure a whitecola job. You can be applying for both govt and private. Just one fateful day you will secure your appointment. It may take too long perhaps a year or two or three years like that who knows God plan for you. Like my self i end up with 2.2 and with a couple of 2years after NYSC i secure a job. Some of my friends one year, some 3years...it depend on God plan for you.

Try to busy yourself by starting a business while you apply for jobs not by folding your hands and be applying jobs......
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Linkwire: 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2020
There's no perfect formula to making it out here.

A few things are certain ;

1. knowing the right people (connection)
2. being at the right place at the right time (timing)
3. apply, apply, apply

another realistic but not advice-able option;

1. carry lappy (join majority of youths and do yahoo)

the summary is that its difficult out here. very difficult and even the academic warriors struggle. The few that weather the storm well are those that balanced being street-smart and book-smart.

I wish you all the best .

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Izime4(m): 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:
Good evening my good people. Our result just came out today and my worst imagination has happened. I saw my name in 2:2 division, what I have always tried to avoid since my year 1. I know it's my project supervisor that fvcked me up cause he has been hostile to me for no reason. I feel really bad, but that did has been done.

So, I just want to know how bad is 2:2 in Nigerian market? Is it something to count on or should I just move on like I never went to the university??

I need answers please!!

You don't have any problem at all with a 2.2 , you need to celebrate it.

Employers are not looking for first class and second on paper, what you can offer is what they are looking for.
Even people with a third class degree have jobs.

You didn't state your discipline any way, but you have everything with a 2.2
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by daggy1987: 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:
Good evening my good people. Our result just came out today and my worst imagination has happened. I saw my name in 2:2 division, what I have always tried to avoid since my year 1. I know it's my project supervisor that fvcked me up cause he has been hostile to me for no reason. I feel really bad, but that did has been done.

So, I just want to know how bad is 2:2 in Nigerian market? Is it something to count on or should I just move on like I never went to the university??

I need answers please!!
I'm also a second class lower in medical field but as I'm talking to u, I work more than d over all best student... So grade is nothing, just keep ur head straight n do what is supposed to be done...
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by shegzhkn: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
kurupt09:

My Dear It simply shows that you are an average student .
And mind you you can always back your 2.2 up with so many certifications as much as you can lay your hands on as well as a Master in any degree of your choice .

Let me give a little story about myself .
During my school days i tried as much as not to come out with a 2.2 only for my H.O.D to give me my first and only F i had all through my years in the Institution.
I had to walk up to him to ask why, only for him to say i had a clean shit and needed to dent my results . Finally i finished had a 3.48
I knew how i cried when i left that office but a little thought came to me like a voice saying "its also your fault cause you didn't put in more effort and started flexing at a point in your life in school" so i smiled and swore never to be poor in my life since education has failed me .
After my service years i had to drop my degree and hustle like a jss3 drop out.( Yes JSS3 drop out ) and not allowning my degree define my life.
Now i own a company with employees of a mininium of 2.1 .
The first class are like sand in my company and you need to see how i make them tremble when i enter the office even with their degree and knowing they are older than i am cause they know they have no choice due to the job security in our society.

Note: i was never from a wealthy / Rich home but i had a vision and knew where im heading to.

So my beloved i can't even tell where my degree is now meanwhile , i have travelled to places where my best graduating student of my set in my institution could ever think of travelling to.

My dear hustle like a drop out and always put your hustle in prayers.
Allow the Supreme being perform his perfection in your life but don't relax like those with good grades .
Thanks

What are you into brother??
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Nuelstar(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:

I need answers please!!
Bro,did you graduate from Uniben
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Yankiss(m): 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:

I need answers please!!
Bros, if u can help it, go get a master's degree. If u can't, look for work or do some stuff like business or entrepreneurship. U aint lost, you have a very bright prospect. I know many 2.2 who turned out better than the firstclasses. Believe me, it's all in you, it depends on how you see it. Anywhere u are applying for job always include your CPGA beside 2.2, it helps as well. Are you aware that the famed and cerebral lawyer, late Chief Gani Fawehinmi, was a third-class product? Are u aware that late Chief F.R.A. Williams was also 3 class? Where were the first-classes of their respective era? Good luck.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by CYMG(m): 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
Pray for grace my Gee, pray for grace
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Uchgibson(m): 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

I myself with this account have 2.2 not even from a university but from a polytechnic.

I have a wife. A son. Ive bought my own lands worth millions of naira.

I have a car and on 14th this month I'll be giving my wife hers even though she's a stubborn woman.

My mum made me see those credentials as PAPER CERTIFICATE.

ONLY GOD AND YOUR TRUE HUSTLE...... CERTIFIES YOU.

God is indeed, faithful to you sir.

Please,I sincerely ask for your mentorship.
I'm a graduate of Urban and Regional Planning.
I have searched for jobs with nothing to show.
Please,give my condition an attention sir.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by peterock100: 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2020
Maverickking1:
Lol, so people still depend on the labor market? My guy no look that side at all cuz u no go like am. E beta make you learn 1 or 2 skills and become an entrepreneur. First class gees dey do farming work as I dey folo you talk.

Which skill can i learn bro
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by peterock100: 5:54pm On Feb 04, 2020
owiko:
It get some 2.2 weh the rob shoulder with 2.1 for labour market. An A4 paper shouldn't be the major determinant of how successful you'd become. Learn a suitable skill while you can and be good at it.

Which skill can you advise i learn bro?
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Angelinaleo1995: 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2020
Seriously, Hu is still concerned about ur class of degree... Now adays people don't want to know if u even have a degree... U keep hearing NCE AND ND.. just learn a trade n b good at it... U will just become hot cake over night.. more over how many civil service workers do u see making it big.. they end up working for a man still they are no longer useful and are discarded with nothing serious to show for it... Go into business o... It pays
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Aroyjunior(m): 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
bluefilm:
Very bad.

I mean, very very very baaad.

Take JAMB again and start all over.

Baba you mean
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Studio247: 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ask those who came out with first class they should be in the best position to answer you.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Adesuntim95(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2020
No excuse is enough bro. Go Ask Tony Elumelu
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by CSTR2: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2020
It only applies if you are applying to foreign multi nationals online.

And it is not because they value First Class that much, but because that is the only way to screen out millions of graduates easily so that it would be easier for their human resources department to sort out.
It is just a way of making things easier.

If you are applying to companies in person, nobody cares about your grade.
And that is what you should do. Apply in person.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Cannonleo(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2020
McCoy662:

I need answers please!!
if your into tech, nobody go reason your result, bros learn skills
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by Butbest: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
U really work hard to get that grade. Don't just look down on ur self just pray for mercy of God. Your grade can fetch u money if you ar wise.
Re: How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? by McCoy662(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
Shibaraba:
2.2 na mad grade. In the sense that you wey you nearly read die plus person wey just dey play upandan. Dey the same grade. 3.49 and 2.51 all na the same 2.2.

Op be of good cheer. If I had known I wouldn't have wasted my time reading like a mad man. Upon my first class I no dey use am. As I find work e no come, I enter street. And the street bowed to my will.
My brother, I still don't know how I ended up here to be honest. Even the ones I use to teach made 2:1, like I'm just dumbfounded. I don't know what exactly went wrong, although I know who caused it but I have to leave everything in hands of the almighty. I was never a full student and never will. Those that don't come to class, those that used to play at the back and all sort of unserious students all made 2:2. Like what the hell now is the difference. I feel really bad. Though I haven't seen my cgpa but I'm sure it's not anything less than 3.4 something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) / Students Block Airport Road In Lagos To Protest Ongoing ASUU Strike (video) / 13 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Had A Horrible Nigerian Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.