Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:38 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (74381 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Businext: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir, it's not an issue. You can get oral ivermectin to battle the parasite from inside and fipronil spray from outside & as a preventative measure. Please don't hesitate to update us on any development. I hope this helps

Thank you sir for your response
Please where can I buy the oral ivermectin or spray?
Can I get it from a pharmacy or a vet clinic
Thanks

#I'llTestify
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2021
Businext:
Thank you sir for your response Please where can I buy the oral ivermectin or spray? Can I get it from a pharmacy or a vet clinic Thanks
#I'llTestify
You're welcome sir, you can get it in a Vet store Sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by harmargedon: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
please doc, when is the right time for my dog to mate. is it after the bleeding or before?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
harmargedon:
please doc, when is the right time for my dog to mate. is it after the bleeding or before?
Good evening sir, Inasmuch as I have an idea of what you are talking about, I'll like you to be explicit on what you mean by "the bleeding" because bleeding is not normal, and I will not like to mislead you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by harmargedon: 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
seunH:
Good evening sir, Inasmuch as I have an idea of what you are talking about, I'll like you to be explicit on what you mean by "the bleeding" because bleeding is not normal, and I will not like to mislead you
she's on heat.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:50am On Feb 13, 2021
harmargedon:
she's on heat.
You can mate once she is receptive, later on I'll do a small lecture on how to predict and calculate ovulation/heat period accurately.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2021
Pls Sir are there any drugs you can administer to me to boost my dog's growth??

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
Henuell:
Pls Sir are there any drugs you can administer to me to boost my dog's growth??
Good morning Sir, Good and nutritious food, Good and nutritious food !!!!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2021
seunH:
Good morning Sir, Good and nutritious food, Good and nutritious food !!!!

ok Sir but what kind of affordable foods can i_give ma dog....anyways oftentimes i_do hear of dis growth enhancement drugs....i_guess they aren't good after all....
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2021
Henuell:

ok Sir but what kind of affordable foods can i_give ma dog....anyways oftentimes i_do hear of dis growth enhancement drugs....i_guess they aren't good after all....
Please don't use it, just stay with the above and God willing all will be well
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
seunH:
Please don't use it, just stay with the above and God willing all will be well

Yes sir...so pls can you gimme the lists of affordable foods for ma dog's speeding growth?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Royruky(m): 7:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
Henuell:

Yes sir...so pls can you gimme the lists of affordable foods for ma dog's speeding growth?

Good food is the watch word. Food rice in protein preferably
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
Royruky:

Good food is the watch word. Food rice in protein preferably
Ok sir....so my dog needs White rice with no salts,Protein like beans,Meat,fish etc.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by websitegurufix: 5:20am On Feb 16, 2021
Great job here.

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
websitegurufix:
Great job here.
Thanks for the encouragement Sir!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walekennel: 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
my pup is not eating just look skinny wat the problem
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
Walekennel:
my pup is not eating just look skinny wat the problem
i_have told him on whatsapp concerning your dog's case
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walekennel: 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
Henuell:
i_have told him on whatsapp concerning your dog's case
thank u man
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
Walekennel:

thank u man
So if he replies me ill let ya know....anyways i_guess you should gIve her multivitamin syrup or tablet to make her hungry and boost her appetite....am sure she will want to eat any food available.....tho my dog eats any food.from Eba to Akpu to rice to fried rice to beans.anything edible enough she eats

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walekennel: 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
Henuell:

So if he replies me ill let ya know....anyways i_guess you should gIve her multivitamin syrup or tablet to make her hungry and boost her appetite....am sure she will want to eat any food available.....tho my dog eats any food.from Eba to Akpu to rice to fried rice to beans.anything edible enough she eats
which type of multivitamin
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
Walekennel:
Ask your pharmacist i_don't really know
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
Walekennel:

Vitamin C and B complex majorly, you can check in any vet store!!!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by rastaLivity: 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2021
Can I get a step to step on how this is apply on a dog

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walekennel: 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
seunH:
Vitamin C and B complex majorly, you can check in any vet store!!!
thank u

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
rastaLivity:
Can I get a step to step on how this is apply on a dog
Good evening Sir. It is usually administered by dissolving in water and bathing your dog with it. But the amount varies based on the age of the dog and concentration of the Armitraz. So, it is advisable you follow the manufacturer's instructions as written on the pack/leaflet. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by rastaLivity: 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
seunH:
Good evening Sir. It is usually administered by dissolving in water and bathing your dog with it. But the amount varies based on the age of the dog and concentration of the Armitraz. So, it is advisable you follow the manufacturer's instructions as written on the pack/leaflet. I hope this helps!
thanks, I appreciate
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
rastaLivity:
thanks, I appreciate
Be my guest anytime!!!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by GucciX: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
Hello Doc. My GSD pup refused to eat since on Tuesday. Yesterday Wednesday evening I came back home only to here she has been vomiting and her stoll is black and watery.

I contactedy vet and she tolde to administer ORT using syringe which I did. The PUp survive and made it to the morning today. In the morning she could even walk on her own. But I still took her to the vet.

The Vet took blood and stool samples for test. Then she said she will give some drugs and injection to relieve her a little.

She gave her multivitamin, dewormer and one other drug. Den gave her two different injection. One of the injection is brownish in color.

Her tummy is looking a little swollen up.

My pup is still not responding Doctor. Please see the attached picture for her stool.

I have also attached the pictures of the drugs given

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by pearllance: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
Handling a pregnant dog,

hi doc, my female caucasian dog barks alot and hyperactive, she responds to any sound and movement around the area.
I kind of like the barking but now that she is pregnant, how do I handle her so that she will not lose the pregnancy with the continues barking and running around
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
pearllance:
Handling a pregnant dog,

hi doc, my female caucasian dog barks alot and hyperactive, she responds to any sound and movement around the area.
I kind of like the barking but now that she is pregnant, how do I handle her so that she will not lose the pregnancy with the continues barking and running around
Good evening Sir, it's very natural for your dog to back but at the same time, I understand your concerns which are valid. If you want to reduce her barking, you'll have to first keep her in a cool and quiet environment then remove any source of nuisance that can agitate her and induce barking. I'm positive it would go a long way in helping reduce barking.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by GucciX: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
GucciX:
Hello Doc. My GSD pup refused to eat since on Tuesday. Yesterday Wednesday evening I came back home only to here she has been vomiting and her stoll is black and watery.

I contactedy vet and she tolde to administer ORT using syringe which I did. The PUp survive and made it to the morning today. In the morning she could even walk on her own. But I still took her to the vet.

The Vet took blood and stool samples for test. Then she said she will give some drugs and injection to relieve her a little.

She gave her multivitamin, dewormer and one other drug. Den gave her two different injection. One of the injection is brownish in color.

My pup is still not responding Doctor. Please see the attached picture for her stool.

Doc i am still waiting for your reply
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
GucciX:

Good evening Sir, and I'm very sorry about the above. Firstly, I'll want you to put your mind at rest. In order to avoid misdiagnosis, I'll be very happy if you can share with us other problems you observed. Also have you complained to the Vet who administered those drugs and what did he say?. Although I'm tempted to still suspect worm infestation due to the above signs (esp distended abdomen and melena), I'll withhold that for now till I get the complete picture. Please ensure you respond ASAP, I'll be on standby.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (52) (Reply)

Check Out This Dog Pregnancy Shoot That Caused A Stir On Social Media (pictures) / Crocodile Attacks Woman Trying To Take Selfie With It In Ghana (Graphic Video) / Woman Left Her Dog With A Nigerian Groomer, See Its Look When She Came Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.