Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67273 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Sammy011(m): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
�����‍��‍��‍���������

This is inform you that *Fortune health Veterinary services now* perform vaginal cytology, blood smear and pregnancy test. Instead of going to UI for these tests, we are at your next door. *Contact 070 3333 0262 for your lab test*
������������
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by J0nyb0y(m): 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
seunH:
Good evening sir, have you been able to contact him?
Hello Doc, I got a puppy recently only to notice its infested with worms on the stomach and other parts of the body, I successfully popped all of them (over 35 worms). What do I do next, some are open wounds and bleed a little, I don't want her to get infected.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2021
J0nyb0y:

Hello Doc, I got a puppy recently only to notice its infested with worms on the stomach and other parts of the body, I successfully popped all of them (over 35 worms). What do I do next, some are open wounds and bleed a little, I don't want her to get infected.
Good evening sir, I'm so sorry about what happened, first of all, you'll have to change location of the environment of your pup, preferably indoors for now, then keep pressing out the worms or suffocate the worms with palm oil, you'll rub it over the area. I hope this helps!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by J0nyb0y(m): 10:15am On Oct 24, 2021
seunH:
Good evening sir, I'm so sorry about what happened, first of all, you'll have to change location of the environment of your pup, preferably indoors for now, then keep pressing out the worms or suffocate the worms with palm oil, you'll rub it over the area. I hope this helps!
Thanks, I think it got them from the previous owner.

I have pressed all, what do I do about the open wounds? Will it heal itself?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2021
J0nyb0y:

Thanks, I think it got them from the previous owner.

I have pressed all, what do I do about the open wounds? Will it heal itself?
Yes sir, God willing. But you may administer GV on the wound site to keep flies away and facilitate wound healing. You can get it at a human pharmacy store
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by J0nyb0y(m): 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
seunH:
Yes sir, God willing. But you may administer GV on the wound site to keep flies away and facilitate wound healing. You can get it at a human pharmacy store
Thank you. What's GV please?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
J0nyb0y:
Thank you. What's GV please?
Gentian Violet
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by TheLoanGuy: 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hi SeunH,

Please what do you think this is on my puppy's fur and skin? I noticed he has been shedding a lot of fur and he itches a lot.

There's now a visible patch on his ear and back.

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
Hi SeunH,

Please what do you think this is on my puppy's fur and skin? I noticed he has been shedding a lot of fur and he itches a lot.

There's now a visible patch on his ear and back.
Good evening sir, it looks like mange, but you always get a second opinion to confirm but I strongly feel it's mange!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by TheLoanGuy: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
seunH:
Good evening sir, it looks like mange, but you always get a second opinion to confirm but I strongly feel it's mange!
Thank you.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
Thank you.
Good evening sir, how far, were you able to confirm your diagnosis?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by TheLoanGuy: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2021
seunH:
Good morning Sir.

Not really, the vet himself wasn't around but an attendant who said it was ringworm or something, got a cream and lotion from their store, but it doesn't really seem to working effectively, because some other parts of his body are beginning to show the early signs. I'll be taking to another vet this morning.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by TheLoanGuy: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
seunH:

Good evening boss.

The vet that saw him today said it is mange and asked if I have bathed for him at all and I told him no.

He said I should give him a thorough bath under the sun. So I'll be doing that tomorrow and apply the lotion and cream once he's dry.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:30am On Nov 09, 2021
TheLoanGuy:

Good evening boss.

The vet that saw him today said it is mange and asked if I have bathed for him at all and I told him no.

He said I should give him a thorough bath under the sun. So I'll be doing that tomorrow and apply the lotion and cream once he's dry.

Thank you.
Excellent sir, please keep me updated
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Cutezt(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
seunH:

Good evening sir, my 7 months old American eskimo dog fell from the steps and she has been having difficulty walking with the left hind leg, she can't put it on the floor anymore, I contacted a vet doctor and he suggested I buy a drug, Dolomat B or so and give half to her, and also, he came and put a splint on the leg, yesterday, but today, I noticed a colorless fluid dripping occasionally from the swollen leg, please do you have any suggestions on what I can do to stop it?

She still moves around, tho not as active as she used to be, but she moves and responds to her name and wags her tail too, she eats very well for now but I'm concerned about the fluid, please any suggestions?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Cutezt:

Good evening sir, my 7 months old American eskimo dog fell from the steps and she has been having difficulty walking with the left hind leg, she can't put it on the floor anymore, I contacted a vet doctor and he suggested I buy a drug, Dolomat B or so and give half to her, and also, he came and put a splint on the leg, yesterday, but today, I noticed a colorless fluid dripping occasionally from the swollen leg, please do you have any suggestions on what I can do to stop it?

She still moves around, tho not as active as she used to be, but she moves and responds to her name and wags her tail too, she eats very well for now but I'm concerned about the fluid, please any suggestions?
I'm so sorry about your pet's condition. Please can I get a snapshot of the diseases area so as to get a clearer picture of the problem and suggest a better diagnosis, I'll be on standby.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Cutezt(m): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
seunH:
I'm so sorry about your pet's condition. Please can I get a snapshot of the diseases area so as to get a clearer picture of the problem and suggest a better diagnosis, I'll be on standby.

Thanks sir, a splint has been put on the leg already so I can't get a very good shot, tho the watery substance comes just once a while but here is a picture.

Also, she hardly ever sits or lays down, she is always standing, sometimes she sleeps while standing, I have to lay her down myself before she will lay down.

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by hugokeyz: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2021
Good day sir. My dog has a mange which got worsened and spread through to the ears and back. Now she's on heat I took her for crossing and left her with my vet to take care of it and continue with the mating.
But before then I was applying palm kennel oil and it keeps worsening what do I do
Secondly I hope after mating, the merge won't cause any form of miscarriage during her pregnancy.
Please I await your swift response I also sent you a mail also sir. Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Cutezt:

Thanks sir, a splint has been put on the leg already so I can't get a very good shot, tho the watery substance comes just once a while but here is a picture.

Also, she hardly ever sits or lays down, she is always standing, sometimes she sleeps while standing, I have to lay her down myself before she will lay down.
Good morning sir, I'm so sorry once more. Sir I fear the area may have been infected, but there is a solution. But before I continue, please is your "Vet" a confirmed Vet or "hmmmm"?. Because this procedure requires a licensed Vet, if not, the end may not be good. If confirmed, the area should be re-examined and re-dressed also administer an antibiotic and a pain reliever with anti-inflammatory properties. Meanwhile an X-ray of the area is nessary to get a full picture of what is going on. Since this is a serious case, I'll drop my whatzapp contact for follow up
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 147hamzat(m): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good sir what could be cause of this mange I treated her last month and this is still coming back again, itching and lost of hair

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by motcom(f): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
Pls I hav a German Shepard of almost 5 years now haven’t been able to detect her ovulation period.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
hugokeyz:
Good day sir. My dog has a mange which got worsened and spread through to the ears and back. Now she's on heat I took her for crossing and left her with my vet to take care of it and continue with the mating.
But before then I was applying palm kennel oil and it keeps worsening what do I do
Secondly I hope after mating, the merge won't cause any form of miscarriage during her pregnancy.
Please I await your swift response I also sent you a mail also sir. Thanks
Good afternoon sir, I'm so sorry for the late response, First I'll advice you to get this bath called Armitraz®, dissolve it in water and bath your dog once a week, then once in two weeks then monthly. Then you can also tell your Vet to administer an anti-ectoparasite drug after evaluation. Meanwhile you can get an anti-ectoparasitic ointment to rub on the area pending when you get the above. Please update me and I'll be on standby. On pregnancy, let's focus on the mange first, pregnancy is secondary, but hopefully, it won't affect.

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
motcom:
Pls I hav a German Shepard of almost 5 years now haven’t been able to detect her ovulation period.
Good afternoon sir, please I didn't really get much information from the above, give more details and history of the problem so I'll know how to help you. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
147hamzat:
Good sir what could be cause of this mange I treated her last month and this is still coming back again, itching and lost of hair
Good afternoon sir, you'll have to change the environment to a clean, less damp environment. Meanwhile get the Amitraz® I said above and administer one a week, weekly for a month due to the severity. Then get an anti-ectoparasitic ointment from both human or vet shop, then apply on the area. Meanwhile se your Vet if an IV anti-ectoparasitic is applicable. Update me on any development.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by motcom(f): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
seunH:
Good afternoon sir, please I didn't really get much information from the above, give more details and history of the problem so I'll know how to help you. I'll be on standby
Thanks almost 5years ago I got the German Shepard,I only spotted the ovulation once ,but cos I didn’t pay much attention was told that’s when was suppose to take it for mating.4 years on now been checking nothing so pls need ur advice
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
motcom:

Thanks almost 5years ago I got the German Shepard,I only spotted the ovulation once ,but cos I didn’t pay much attention was told that’s when was suppose to take it for mating.4 years on now been checking nothing so pls need ur advice
I'm so sorry about what has happened. In this condition, I'll advice you take your pet to the hospital, they would conduct a thorough examination on your pet then advice you on the way forward. I suspect they'll place your pet on hormonal therapy depending on the outcome of the examination. Meanwhile I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by motcom(f): 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
seunH:
I'm so sorry about what has happened. In this condition, I'll advice you take your pet to the hospital, they would conduct a thorough examination on your pet then advice you on the way forward. I suspect they'll place your pet on hormonal therapy depending on the outcome of the examination. Meanwhile I'll be on standby
Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Cutezt(m): 11:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir, I'm so sorry once more. Sir I fear the area may have been infected, but there is a solution. But before I continue, please is your "Vet" a confirmed Vet or "hmmmm"?. Because this procedure requires a licensed Vet, if not, the end may not be good. If confirmed, the area should be re-examined and re-dressed also administer an antibiotic and a pain reliever with anti-inflammatory properties. Meanwhile an X-ray of the area is nessary to get a full picture of what is going on. Since this is a serious case, I'll drop my whatzapp contact for follow up

Hello sir, I was able to get a good snap of the leg when it was being dressed again. Here is it, she eats fine and seems to be moving around more than she used to at the earlier stage of the Injury and she now sits and lie more but I'm still worried about the leg.

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by hugokeyz: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
Thank you Doc. Please kindly chat me on WhatsApp 08136301729
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
Cutezt:

Hello sir, I was able to get a good snap of the leg when it was being dressed again. Here is it, she eats fine and seems to be moving around more than she used to at the earlier stage of the Injury and she now sits and lie more but I'm still worried about the leg.
Let conduct an X-ray to get a true picture of things, update me ASAP
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Cutezt(m): 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
seunH:
Let conduct an X-ray to get a true picture of things, update me ASAP

Where can I get an xray for dogs? Cos I doubt my vet has that. The leg is just dangling up and down, I'm so sad, I'll be very unhappy if they have to cut the leg.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Cutezt:

Where can I get an xray for dogs? Cos I doubt my vet has that. The leg is just dangling up and down, I'm so sad, I'll be very unhappy if they have to cut the leg.
I'm really sorry sir, all will be well, where do you stay Sir, so that I'll recommend. But you can also ask your Vet, he should be able to recommend too. You can DM me, I'll be on standby

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (52) (Reply)

Look At The Chameleon I Caught On My Way To The Hostel From Ball House Today / Dog Rescued From A Python Snake In Edo State (graphic Video) / How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.