Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,479 members, 7,954,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:05 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (74510 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
Agparis100:
Okay I have an Eskimo who got heat,pregnant and had kids and it’s been 3-4 months ago since then no sign of heat or anything
What do you is wrong with the dog?
Good evening Sir, sorry for the delay. On this issue, I would advice you to be patient and let's place your Eskimo on observation, I'm positive she would come on heat, please avoid hormonal therapy for now and simply place her on observation. I'll be on standby Incase of emergency.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Agparis100: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
seunH:
Good evening Sir, sorry for the delay. On this issue, I would advice you to be patient and let's place your Eskimo on observation, I'm positive she would come on heat, please avoid hormonal therapy for now and simply place her on observation. I'll be on standby Incase of emergency.

What is hormonal therapy??
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:12am On Jul 31, 2021
Agparis100:

What is hormonal therapy??
Drugs used to induce or modulate reproductive cycle in dogs. They are usually synthetic analogs of the natural hormones produced in the body.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Agparis100: 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2021
seunH:
Drugs used to induce or modulate reproductive cycle in dogs. They are usually synthetic analogs of the natural hormones produced in the body.
Maybe I should use that �
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
Agparis100:
Maybe I should use that �
Please don't
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ambient: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2021
Hello doc,
Last week I noticed my BB was limping at his back leg I called the vet he came and ijected him with antibiotics and pain reliever after massaging it,after 3days he was okay and running on all fours only for me to wake up and see him limping again.pls what do you think it is,so worried.
Ps I noticed that there is always a bulging vein on that leg whenever he is limping.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by kenniefawole(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agparis100:
Okay I have an Eskimo who got heat,pregnant and had kids and it’s been 3-4 months ago since then no sign of heat or anything
What do you is wrong with the dog?

In how many month did you come on her first & second heat , I’m asking in regard of my Eskimo
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
ambient:
Hello doc,
Last week I noticed my BB was limping at his back leg I called the vet he came and ijected him with antibiotics and pain reliever after massaging it,after 3days he was okay and running on all fours only for me to wake up and see him limping again.pls what do you think it is,so worried.
Ps I noticed that there is always a bulging vein on that leg whenever he is limping.
Good afternoon sir, going by what you've said above, at this juncture we would need to do an x-ray on the affected limb inorder to rule out or confirm fracture or dislocation. For the meantime, I will prescribe some medications for you for the pain which I will send to you via mail, but this is just a palliative pending the result of the x-ray. Please update me on any development.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Agparis100: 5:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
kenniefawole:

In how many month did you come on her first & second heat , I’m asking in regard of my Eskimo

Just twice
First time then got pregnant 3-4months ago
2nd heat 2 months ago

Nothing more since then
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ambient: 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
seunH:
Good afternoon sir, going by what you've said above, at this juncture we would need to do an x-ray on the affected limb inorder to rule out or confirm fracture or dislocation. For the meantime, I will prescribe some medications for you for the pain which I will send to you via mail, but this is just a palliative pending the result of the x-ray. Please update me on any development.

How do I go about the x-ray? The two vets I use don't have x-ray machines ooo.
Pls what are the drugs name.thanks.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by kenniefawole(m): 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agparis100:

Just twice
First time then got pregnant 3-4months ago
2nd heat 2 months ago

Nothing more since then
How old is she ? And can you please tell me the exact months . Something like she came on first heat 8 months then second heat 11 months
Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by GloriaSabipeepz(m): 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
Good day doc,

Please how can I prevent fading syndrome. I lost all my puppies March due to it, they will cry then die that's her first litter, she littered 16pups only 2survived, 6still born while the rest just cry small then die.

Now she will litter ending of this new month. Pls any tips? Thank you.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
ambient:

How do I go about the x-ray? The two vets I use don't have x-ray machines ooo.
Pls what are the drugs name.thanks.
If you are in Lagos, go to any vet hospital, they would recommend you to a vet ultrasound diagnostic center, but if in Ibadan, go to UI vet hospital. For the drug, send me a mail, I'll respond with the name of the drug
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ayodeji40(m): 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
Hello sir i hv a my dogs are having injury on their ear wat can I use for it to go pls
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2021
ayodeji40:
Hello sir i hv a my dogs are having injury on their ear wat can I use for it to go pls
Good evening sir, please let me see the picture so that I'll have an idea of the severity of the injury and I'll be able to assist you properly. I'll be in standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ayodeji40(m): 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2021
seunH:
Good evening sir, please let me see the picture so that I'll have an idea of the severity of the injury and I'll be able to assist you properly. I'll be in standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2021
[quote author=ayodeji40 post=104346444][/quote] Alright sir, just get clean cotton wool and soak in mild antiseptic soap and clean. Then apply GV (A purple ointment, it's available in both human and vet pharmacy shops). Apply it regularly once it fades off and prevent your dog from tampering with the area. Meanwhile, let's treat ectoparasitic infestation to rule it out. I'll mail you the medication for the ectoparasitic infestation. Please Inform me if you are confused in anyway, I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2021
[quote author=ayodeji40 post=104346444][/quote] I've responded
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ayodeji40(m): 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
seunH:
Alright sir, just get clean cotton wool and soak in mild antiseptic soap and clean. Then apply GV (A purple ointment, it's available in both human and vet pharmacy shops). Apply it regularly once it fades off and prevent your dog from tampering with the area. Meanwhile, let's treat ectoparasitic infestation to rule it out. I'll mail you the medication for the ectoparasitic infestation. Please Inform me if you are confused in anyway, I'll be on standby
thank you very much sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
ayodeji40:
thank you very much sir
Please be my guest anytime
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Jackonsy(m): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hello Doc, can you pls recommend me to a good VET around OJODU, LAGOS. Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
Jackonsy:
Hello Doc, can you pls recommend me to a good VET around OJODU, LAGOS. Thanks
Good morning my chief and sorry for the late response, I'm was trying to confirm your request since I'm not based in Lagos for now. You can check Petposh although not close to Ojudu, but I've sent referrals there and the report has been impressive.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Bighenzzy(m): 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by gudvibz(f): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hello Doc, please my cat left the house on Thursday night and still hasn't come home. My vet says he'll come back when he's through with the heat but that's scary to to cos Daisy( is a Tom) is almost always on heat. What should I do
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Bighenzzy(m): 5:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Ezepikin: 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hi Doc, my dog is about 3mths old l.she suffered parvo and recovered. Later we noticed a wound just underneath her tummy which was so big that stiching wasn't an option. After series of treatments at the Vet, the wound is almost healed now and will cover up hopefully this week.
The challenge now is that she can hardly stand or walk. Right from the day we observed that wound some 2wks back, she has neither been able to stand or walk.
What do we do pls? Vet said i should wait for the wound to heal completely.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:31am On Aug 16, 2021
Ezepikin:
Hi Doc, my dog is about 3mths old l.she suffered parvo and recovered. Later we noticed a wound just underneath her tummy which was so big that stiching wasn't an option. After series of treatments at the Vet, the wound is almost healed now and will cover up hopefully this week.
The challenge now is that she can hardly stand or walk. Right from the day we observed that wound some 2wks back, she has neither been able to stand or walk.
What do we do pls? Vet said i should wait for the wound to heal completely.
Good evening sir, first of all, I need you to calm down, all will be fine. There are medications I can prescribe for you that will complement the treatment given by your vet, but if you wouldn't mind, can you send a picture of the wound. Then secondly, please can you let me know if possible the names of the drugs your vet administered, this would guide me in making an accurate diagnosis and prescription. I'll be on standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Ezepikin: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2021
Pls can you share your whatsapp number so i can forward the pics to you?
Thanks for the feedback.

Good evening sir, first of all, I need you to calm down, all will be fine. There are medications I can prescribe for you that will complement the treatment given by your vet, but if you wouldn't mind, can you send a picture of the wound. Then secondly, please can you let me know if possible the names of the drugs your vet administered, this would guide me in making an accurate diagnosis and prescription. I'll be on standby[/quote]
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:31am On Aug 16, 2021
Ezepikin:
Pls can you share your whatsapp number so i can forward the pics to you?
Thanks for the feedback.

Good evening sir, first of all, I need you to calm down, all will be fine. There are medications I can prescribe for you that will complement the treatment given by your vet, but if you wouldn't mind, can you send a picture of the wound. Then secondly, please can you let me know if possible the names of the drugs your vet administered, this would guide me in making an accurate diagnosis and prescription. I'll be on standby
Let me DM my number to you, check your mail
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Ife26: 4:12pm On Aug 19, 2021
Good day what is your opinion about spaying my female cat
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Futureyahooboi(m): 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please I need your help, I just bought Lhasa dog and she is 7weeks old but I don’t knw the right food to feed her on? Urgent please
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:22am On Aug 20, 2021
Ife26:
Good day what is your opinion about spaying my female cat
Good morning and sorry for the late response. According to animal welfare and animal right advocates, it is unethical to say your cat. But for medical reasons, it is acceptable. But I can understand your reason for spaying hence you can go ahead but do so in a board registered Vet hospital by a qualified Vet. I'll be in standby for more questions in gray areas

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (52) (Reply)

Woman Left Her Dog With A Nigerian Groomer, See Its Look When She Came Back / Mark Zuckerberg's Goats 'Max' And 'Bitcoin' (Photo) / Dog Breeders List Your Dog Kennel Or Current Puppy Litter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.